Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,152 members, 7,946,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:29 AM

I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response (43600 Views)

Asking My Female Friends For 1k, See Their Response (pics) / I Told My Fiancé That He Can't Stay In My Duplex, He Changed / I Told My Wife That The Dna Result Of Our Kids Will Be Ready Tomorrow. See What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by stanisbaratheon: 4:40pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:
So, I told my parents I don't want to get married. I do not recommend telling your Nigerian parents you don't want to get married😹

My mom put her hand on her head and looked at me with pity lol. She said I don't have a goal in life, she said I'm empty.

My father was even more dramatic. He started praying o. He told me to kneel down and starting casting and binding all the evil spirits and his village people.

Ngl, it was hilarious. It's not like I don't want to get married though, I just wanted to see their reactions.

But why can't parents accept that not everyone wants to follow the way they did things? That I don't want a husband doesn't mean something is wrong with me and I won't be lonely because I plan on having 29 cats, a dozen goats and scores of chickens.

na wa o.

But why would you torture your parents like this.

why don't you want to get married?
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Zedoo(m): 4:42pm On May 26, 2023
Your life your choice.
If loneliness sets in find one young man wey dey find old milf to warm her stew.
It’s your life.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Fab21: 4:43pm On May 26, 2023
pocohantas:

This has nothing to do with hypocrisy.
You made this comment under the assumption that everyone is Christian or practices a religion that frowns at sex outside marriage. This your comment would be useful inside your church on Sunday or Wednesday midweek service.

But do you know religions that condole sex outside marriage?
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by pocohantas(f): 4:45pm On May 26, 2023
Fab21:
But do you know religions that condole sex outside marriage?

Aside Christianity and Islam, do you know anything about 100s of religion?
What of irreligious people?

I have a problem with christians/muslims who cheat, lie and fornicate. Those are the ones you can call hypocrites.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Eriokanmi: 4:47pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:
So, I told my parents I don't want to get married. I do not recommend telling your Nigerian parents you don't want to get married😹

My mom put her hand on her head and looked at me with pity lol. She said I don't have a goal in life, she said I'm empty.

My father was even more dramatic. He started praying o. He told me to kneel down and starting casting and binding all the evil spirits and his village people.

Ngl, it was hilarious. It's not like I don't want to get married though, I just wanted to see their reactions.

But why can't parents accept that not everyone wants to follow the way they did things? That I don't want a husband doesn't mean something is wrong with me and I won't be lonely because I plan on having 29 cats, a dozen goats and scores of chickens.

You be bad gew grin
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by simfrost90210: 4:47pm On May 26, 2023
Angelfrost:

I thought I was the only person who noticed and got irritated by that nonsense... As if such is strictly common with Nigerians, or that she actually has dual parents!

Imagine the gross insult😒
.., so very stupidly annoying..
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by BalogunIdowu(m): 4:49pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

Add some reptiles to your collection na grin grin grin
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Saintmary(f): 4:49pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

Why 29 cats?
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Jokkarm2: 4:52pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

Oya chat me if you really want to get married but please note that these your animals you are planning to live with, i dont know whose house they will live because we cant cant live in the zoo naa, abi you go get your own zoo

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by gudugudumeje: 4:56pm On May 26, 2023
Crazy is your problem. It should be cast out with the cats got burnt into ashes in physical and spiritual revenge IJMN. Amen. Nb.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Faposky95: 4:56pm On May 26, 2023
I see it as two things
One, we all want companionship....and nobody really wants to be left out....
Two, really, ......?!
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Maysdevices(f): 4:57pm On May 26, 2023
internationalman:

I just imagine something.

Imagine after you recently married your wife and both of you were just chilling in the bed when you accidentally glanced through her phone on her hand while she was surfing Nairaland and you saw Soifra as the username at the top of the webpage.

As much as she's notoriously hated here as a feminist and a man hater, what would you do..

I think people like her are a completely different representation of something or someone different in real life than they are on social media..

She might be the coolest chick any guy would want to end up with in real life
Thinker
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by randymirrors(f): 4:58pm On May 26, 2023
TsbAfrica:
What did the American parents say jare

Lol

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Fab21: 4:59pm On May 26, 2023
pocohantas:

Aside from Christianity and Islam, do you know anything about 100s of religions?
What of irreligious people?

I have a problem with Christians/Muslims who cheat, lie and fornicate. Those are the ones you can call hypocrites.

Of course, there are different religions out there aside from Islam and Christianity.

But which of these religions condone sex outside marriage? Are there facts for that?

For the 'irreligious people 'you mentioned, does that means they can do anything they like since they don't have religion?
Does that mean they can kill, steal, or commit any atrocities since they're nonreligion people? Of course, some people don't believe in God's existence, there are freethinkers. But some of these people won't even do sex outside Marriage. They're being moral; they know what's right and wrong.

Saying you don't have a religion shouldn't be a licence to do sh*t😀

Just saying my mind, anyway...
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by pocohantas(f): 5:03pm On May 26, 2023
Fab21:

Of course, there are different religions out there aside Islam and Christianity.

But which of these religions condole sex outside marriage? Are there facts for that?

For the 'irreligious people 'you mentioned, does that means they can do anything they like since they don't have religion?
Does that mean they can kill, steal , commit any atrocities since they're nonreligion people?

Ofcourse there are people who don't believe in God's existence, there are freethinkers. But the

Sex is not an atrocity. Why you would even bring in killing and stealing is beyond me.

You don't need the church to tell you not to take a human life. That is common sense and basic humanity/conscience. If you kill, it is first you Vs the state. Which is why there are laws in place irrespective of the religion predominantly practised by the people.

4 Likes

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by HacheNoire: 5:03pm On May 26, 2023
stanisbaratheon:

na wa o.

But why would you torture your parents like this.

why don't you want to get married?

Let her enjoy the time.

Age has a special way of communicating to humans!

A woman for that matter 🤣🤣🤣. She does not know she has limited time.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by PPIA: 5:04pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

We know a husband will hinder your hookup life.

We are with you,
We Understand.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by kaludestiny10(m): 5:05pm On May 26, 2023
Apart from your 9ja parents, do you have any other parents that are not Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by EkoErrands: 5:06pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

As soon as a saw the fullish post I knew that the poster will have a profile picture on a site like NL. She has no esteem.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by EnterpriseMan(m): 5:08pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

I don't care if anyone marries you or not, i just need some of the goats and chickens undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Idaytesj29(m): 5:08pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

50 black mamba, 16 king Cobra, 12 Gaboon viper, 21 rock python, 6 Anacondas and 30 Crocs. With all them living with you, you can never be lonely. Congratulations 🎉

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by simfrost90210: 5:12pm On May 26, 2023
Idaytesj29:

50 black mamba, 16 king Cobra, 12 Gaboon viper, 21 rock python, 6 Anacondas and 30 Crocs. With all them living with you, you can never be lonely. Congratulations 🎉

Chai.... Hei ...... 🙄😲
You're very wicked ooo

Anyway, that one sef no dey alright 😒

1 Like

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Eriokanmi: 5:13pm On May 26, 2023
Mayflowa:

Haha. People that marry still experience loneliness at 50. Some lose their spouse to divorce or death. Life nor balance. Many people were ruined because of marriage
I don't think so. If your spouse leaves for whatever reason, you still have your children to look out for. You can also remarry if you wish. Not getting married at all means no spouse and no children. Na depression go teach those in that category a tough lesson. Even some oyinbos practising this nonsense do regret it later in life. They keep lodging in hotels around, where they can see company

You cannot be wiser than your creator who supports marriage and procreation.

1 Like

Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by adeniyi65(m): 5:13pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:
That I don't want a husband doesn't mean something is wrong with me and I won't be lonely because I plan on having 29 cats, a dozen goats and scores of chickens.

Good of you girl.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by fmonigent(m): 5:14pm On May 26, 2023
Benjaniblinks:
You're useless to your parent if you can't produce an offspring...

I hear you
Dey play
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by FireUpNow(m): 5:17pm On May 26, 2023
Your life your choice but no parents want to hear that from their child. At least baby mama will give you some kids for your parents to be grandparents
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Boyooosa(m): 5:20pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

Truly, you are overdue at age 29
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Lewiseze1988(m): 5:22pm On May 26, 2023
May u not find a husband even bboyfriend for d rest of ur life,if u get mind say amen.girls of now adays dnt have respect
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by tyinfinity: 5:22pm On May 26, 2023
God I don't pray to have children like the owner of this post
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by jaxxy(m): 5:26pm On May 26, 2023
siofra:

They are just concerned and looking out for u. The normal expectation is to get married and have kids like them.

u also will have same expectation from ur kids. its a natural cycle and valid expectation.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by emmyN(m): 5:26pm On May 26, 2023
internationalman:

I just imagine something.

Imagine after you recently married your wife and both of you were just chilling in the bed when you accidentally glanced through her phone on her hand while she was surfing Nairaland and you saw Soifra as the username at the top of the webpage.

As much as she's notoriously hated here as a feminist and a man hater, what would you do..

I think people like her are a completely different representation of something or someone different in real life than they are on social media..

She might be the coolest chick any guy would want to end up with in real life

No, she isn't.
Re: I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 26, 2023
pocohantas:

One would think the women married to them are not the same ones sleeping inside church everyday or moving permanently to their sons houses in their 50s.
They hawk marriage like being married to them is the best thing after chocolate cake 🙄

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? / Zimbabwean Man Hangs Out With Prostitute, She Shares Pics With Wife As Blackmail / Pre-wedding Pictures: A Nairalander Escapes Singlehood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.