Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,783 members, 7,848,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 04:05 PM

My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! (33536 Views)

My 17yrs Old Son Is Getting Out Of Hand / My Son's Behavior Is Getting Out Of Hand / My 85-Year-Old Dad Is Cheating On My Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by aidameoryou: 4:00pm On May 28, 2023
AmazingELixir:

Do no such thing young man...A popular adage goes thus "what an elder see sitting a child clutching on a tree top cannot see".

Now this is what you should do....engage your dad in a heart to heart discussion concerning your pains seeing how your mom talks and disrespect him and your plans to confront her on that...hear what your dad has to say, he must have one or two words of wisdom for you...if he eventually gives you the go ahead do so as your father's child (respectfully) and not like some kind of loose cannon, your mother is your mother no matter what.

If she refuses to change, try convincing your Dad to come and stay with you for sometime away from your mom....maybe she hasn't felt his absence before that could be the perfect factory reset.

If you are in a position to assist financially please do so as your pocket permits but never insult your mother make she no bring curse upon your head ooh, you're still very young what you need from your parents are blessings not otherwise.

Your dad is a perfect example why men of old are far more matured and balanced than the grown up babies parading themselves as guymen these days.

So OP learn from your dad how to be patient with women...the girls of today are worse off oo.

My 2 cent

Nice take big bro
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by aidameoryou: 4:01pm On May 28, 2023
Sanguine:

The reverse is the case here.
My father, as far as I can remember, never treated my mother right. Always speaks ill of her to us, talks down on her, beats her sometimes. He doesn't listen to anybody, nobody can talk to him. Recently, he beat her sore. She called us and reported him to us.
None of us the children stay at home. I got angry and decided she cannot continue staying in that toxic house. I planned with my siblings and we moved her out of her husband's (our father) house. Talking to my father for the purpose of calling him to order is a sheer waste of valuable time.

My mother is in a much better place now, happy and very much at peace. My father can live all the alone he likes or wants to for all I care, until he realizes his misdeeds and tenders a genuine apology (if he ever does). You don't treat another human being you didn't create anyhow, just because you are the husband (or wife, as the case may be).

Let your father separate from your mother for a while, moreso for his own sanity and peace of mind. No one ever does well in a toxic environment. I bet you your mother will come to her right senses and behave herself. You don't know the value of what you have until you don't have it.

I hate nonsense!

Nice take my bro

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by sylve11: 4:02pm On May 28, 2023
monfizzy:
The average Nigerian woman is like this; domineering, controlling and bullies. I often laugh when Nigerian men claim to be the head of their home coz that’s the opposite of what it’s obtainable in their homes.

Check very well you’ll see that most Nigerian men claiming to be head are “ceremonial” heads and are under the mercy of their wives. Many have to resort to alcohol and returning late from work as an escape way from the harassment.

Most men claiming head can’t even invite their family members to live with them but their wife’s relatives are always visiting. This is worse with Imo and Anambra women. Take a closer look at most men married to women from these states and see how weak and docile the women have turned them to.

Hmmm cool

1 Like

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by aidameoryou: 4:03pm On May 28, 2023
djseanjohn77:

As men, this is one reason we need to pray for a sustained ability, no insult, she is just exhibiting a trait synonymous to every female folk out there. They can't handle change, as such their emotions get the better of them. Once what you usually offer declines, it is jus a matter of time, that'swhy they are always the first to leave in a relationship. I am in my mid 40s, so I suppose I have a good experience of life. She is your mum, talk to her while she can still listen, otherwise, assist your dad (unknown to her) if you can, if she gets to know, she will accuse your dad more of turning you against her. The danger is, once her mind is made up, she is only waiting for a comfort landing place, once that happens, a woman can leave a man at any Bleep-ing time, it doesn't matter what you have sacrificed, or how good you were, their emotions is run my what they feel at the moment, and what they need at the moment.

Exactly my bro, they just go with what's present at the given time.
Every other thing that you ever did is waste

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by oonyeoma50: 4:03pm On May 28, 2023
BrotherFolake:
😎

Simp everywhere.

Op, your father must be a SIMP, why would your father has only one option. If you want to marry, make sure you have many options, so that you can Divorce anyone and marry another without wasting time.

That's why i have upto 500 Girlfriends, I don't even know whom to marry anymore.

Op, your father is simply a SIMPle man
you are my role model 💗

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by Ashawoman82: 4:04pm On May 28, 2023
1Sharon:
As a child stay out of your parents relationship

Your dad may be poisoning your mind against your mum.

What did your father do? Something must have brought it on.

u are a stupid girl

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by aidameoryou: 4:05pm On May 28, 2023
GloriousGbola:

are all of you grown? out of university? then encourage your dad to seek a separation. though you have to be sure your dad has his living arrangements worked out. as in your dad can manage a home by himself.

My dad can over manage himself

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by Crosby24: 4:06pm On May 28, 2023
donbachi:
it's a matter of her expectations not met...there is a limit she can go
Which expectations, she's made to be a helper, she should complement him that's what God expect of her if she feels he's deficient
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by sweetkev(m): 4:06pm On May 28, 2023
UYEMDO35:

See them, dey must surely back-up their female gender and that's why I have decided to remain single. I can't let any woman to takeaway my joy and happiness all in d name of marriage.
Absolutely bro
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by sandra50(f): 4:07pm On May 28, 2023
If you don't do anything your dad is going to die of BP..this was how my beloved uncle died..he told me he wanted to run away but couldn't and he had stroke which made him a vegetable then he died..if it's the wife that sent him home before his time because she wasn't going to stay at home and look after a vegetable while her boyfriends are waiting for her outside.scolding your mother will not even stop it..you all need to have a family meet or you can have a meeting with your dad and mom and give your mother a serious warning Infront of your dad then have a one on one discussion with your dad that anytime your mom bully's him he should tell you..even your dad needs to get away from your mom.
aidameoryou:
Your suggestions are genuinely needed 🙏

Hi my people good day, I have been having a thorough thought all in my mind and have been boiling inside of me on what next step to take.

Over the years, I have seen my mum really been hostile to my dad and it's getting out of hand for me to bear.
I am the first son of some siblings and in my mid 20s.
I live apart from my parents in another state and one of my junior sibling who went home for a little break from school was complaining bitterly about how my mum attitude towards my dad is getting out of hand.

My father has to be the most responsible, respectable, reasonable man I ever know, he doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, doesn't womanizer. He has been the sole breadwinner in the family from when we were small up till this time.
His work isn't moving very well as it used to back then and as such he cannot cater very well like he's used to and even though at that, he's been trying his best....
My mum just doesn't appreciate him enough and I've seen this a million times.

My next line of action is to call my mum and give her a serious scolding because she hasn't been warned sternly about this by any of my siblings before.
This is getting out of hand and I cannot bear it anymore, please what do you all suggest I could do in this situation

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by Bintasukai: 4:08pm On May 28, 2023
1Sharon:

Which one is something must have brought it on? Why are you grasping at non-existent straws trying to defend the woman. It’s your type that will never admit they are wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by malcom1X: 4:08pm On May 28, 2023
donbachi:
it's a matter of her expectations not met...there is a limit she can go

aidameoryou I think this is it. The woman expected more when she entered into the marriage.

She didn't expect it to be like this.

Someone needs to step in and add some cash flow to the money your mum is getting now. The question is is that person you or someone else.
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by Bintasukai: 4:10pm On May 28, 2023
DenreleDave:

If it was his dad dt was doing this to his mom, u wud nt say is mum is poisoning his mind against him of which most women do..

Stop this act.. Sharon....

Why at first wud a woman be bullying her husband

Thank you o, such a disgraceful stance all in the name of defending women, by their thoughts you shall know them, na this type no go wan work still no wan wash plate
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by sylve11: 4:10pm On May 28, 2023
Beey:
It portrays a very bad character image, when a parent begins to demean the other parent in the presence of children. I think you need to unite as siblings, don’t know how many you are. As you warn your mom, let your siblings & dad be present. You all must unite & threaten to disown grin grin her if the behavior doesn’t change . But why is your dad too so calm? Can’t he put your mom in her place? Simply stop eating her food or providing her with even a coin since she’s ungrateful. He should sleep in a separate room, leave very early & return late. Give her Cold War. Let her work to provide & see how she does. Mtcheeeew!

Lesson 101 cool
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by sylve11: 4:12pm On May 28, 2023
Gwan2:

I don't think it is a matter of taking advantage of gentlemen.....Men naturally water down their firmness, 'machoness', ruggedness with age in a marital setting. This could be due to being battered left, right and centre by socioeconomic issues, 95% financial responsibility in family upbringing and life generally. Wives on the other hand get more grip of the home as time goes, connecting more with the children and influencing the husbands decision through the leverage of the children.

Now, for some unreasonable women who unfortunately are the majority, they use this transition of power to their advantage and wreck havoc on the man, especially if he is not financially buoyant or has lost his financial sources. Some of the women that endured the man's womanising years use the transition of power to revenge.

Yeah right! cool
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by sukkot: 4:14pm On May 28, 2023
duro4chang:
Men are passing through a lot of difficult situations but they dare not say it out. That is one of the reasons why men die earlier than women.
see, your wife is your divine punishment or divine blessing from the universe. if you die before her it means you had too much spiritual karma and it eventually destroyed and obliterated you. if she dies before him it means his karma was cleansed in this lifetime and his soul is free
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by Bintasukai: 4:15pm On May 28, 2023
WantsandMore:
His work isn't moving very well as it used to back then and as such he cannot cater very well like he's used to and even though at that, he's been trying his best.... these are the issues, if you've got funds, scold her respectfully & drop funds, if not, do not attempt to scold her, rather call your dad and talk to him, tell him to be patient, as for your mom, keep praying for her. You can advise dad to leave the house whenever she starts her drama, a woman's existence is threatened by her man's inability to provide & some women don't know how to react than to be savage. I wish you wisdom & all the best.

a woman's existence is threatened by her man's inability to provide & some women don't know how to react than to be ungrateful. I wish you wisdom & all the best.

There, I fixed it for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by jaxxy(m): 4:18pm On May 28, 2023
aidameoryou:

Hi my people good day, I have been having a thorough thought all in my mind and have been boiling inside of me on what next step to take.

Over the years, I have seen my mum really been hostile to my dad and it's getting out of hand for me to bear.
I live apart from my parents in another state and one of my junior sibling who went home for a little break from school was complaining bitterly about how my mum attitude towards my dad is getting out of hand.

My father has to be the most responsible, respectable, reasonable man I ever know, he doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, doesn't womanizer. He has been the sole breadwinner in the family from when we were small up till this time.
His work isn't moving very well as it used to back then and as such he cannot cater very well like he's used to and even though at that, he's been trying his best....

My next line of action is to call my mum and give her a serious scolding because she hasn't been warned sternly about this by any of my siblings before.
This is getting out of hand and I cannot bear it anymore, please what do you all suggest I could do in this situation

Have u asked ur mum or even ur dad why she maltreatment him?

Start by asking her why b4 u go on to scold her if she has not satisfactory reason. Explain to her why she must stop or she will be held responsible if anything happens to ur dad.

Some women get spoilt by soft men not because the men did anything wrong bt because the women have bad attitude and no1 has called them to order so they keep growing wings and thinking its right.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by Deicide: 4:19pm On May 28, 2023
He probably won her over with money. Simps una day see Abi?
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by Faposky95: 4:25pm On May 28, 2023
It's the deal breaker....
A man wants to be stolid and uphold the traditional loving parent to a woman and her children. Many a women brainwash themselves into belittling such men....maybe to see the worst outcomes,cos if he left, we'll hear that he was not the man.
So confusing....
The moment she plays off base, make her know you always got game.....
Or we'll probably label you a simp
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by godwon01(m): 4:26pm On May 28, 2023
aidameoryou:

Go ahead bro. Her hostility centre on your dad financial set back. May Almighty God turn things round for your dad IJN . May God make him to be a man again IJN

1 Like

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by jessylaurel(f): 4:27pm On May 28, 2023
aidameoryou:

You didn't say in what way your mum bullys your dad.
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by President2001(m): 4:27pm On May 28, 2023
aidameoryou:

Someone asked a question related to this in the church today, what I seen is that your dad is caring try all possible best to satisfy his home when things is not going fine like before again your Mummy change is only you children that can deliver your father from her hand if not
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by TheSuperX(m): 4:28pm On May 28, 2023
1Sharon:

U obviously don't have sense
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by saysoo: 4:29pm On May 28, 2023
Women meetings and friendship causes this. They advice their members to cause HBP for their husbands when the children are from age 15 up. The idea is to enjoy the children support alone. If your dad have built in the village,advice him to leave that woman and go home. If not let him divorce that woman. Not all women joins meetings.
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by Emmanuel909090: 4:29pm On May 28, 2023
Hmmm
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by JIBO4REAL(m): 4:29pm On May 28, 2023
1Sharon:

Does he said his father told him anything from the write up?
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 28, 2023
Bros, call your brothers together. You people should talk to your mother. If she continues, your father should divorce her immediately. You people should make sure she goes with nothing. I mean, she should go back to her father's house the same way she came. With nothing. Goodluck brother.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by 1Sharon(f): 4:35pm On May 28, 2023
JIBO4REAL:

Does he said his father told him anything from the write up?

Yes he does says that his father does told him all she does says.
Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by Ogecharm: 4:36pm On May 28, 2023
Just tell your mum that she dies not know the value of what she has until she looses it. Many
Women have release the value of a jobless man after he dies. my mum is a living witness. Tell your dad to live her for few months, maybe she will come to her senses. It's better than allowing her bully him which will lead to BP and when that happens, ur dad will be closer to his grave.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by DMerciful(m): 4:44pm On May 28, 2023
How your father allow a woman to be bullying him?
aidameoryou:

Re: My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! by GoodIsGod: 4:44pm On May 28, 2023
aidameoryou:

Once in my life I had to face my mum in serious confrontation. She was shocked and my dad too.
Guy call your mum. Tell her to her face how you have been seeing her maltreat your dad since you were little. Tell her enough is enough, that if your dad develops sickness and die as the results of her actions you will never Forgive her.

Tell her to her face and never care what her reaction would be.
Never be afraid of someone saying "I will curse you" As long as you are doing the right thing no curse can affect you.

Don't forget to let her know your siblings are not happy with her too.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

64-Year-Old Bayelsa Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After Many Years Of Marriage / "How My Friend Tried To Destroy My Matrimonial Home" - Woman Reveals / Awaiting Fathers: Lets Share Our Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.