Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,866 members, 7,889,889 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:05 AM

TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta (5423 Views)

Trouble Looms As High Court Says No Party Must Field Obaseki As Its Candidate. / Mass Resignation Looms In INEC In Aftermath Of Elections - Vanguard / PDP: Trouble Looms As Pressure Mounts On Ekweremadu To Quit - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by Jiokejohn: 2:06pm On Jun 03, 2023
AfonjaScud:

Go back where you belong, simple

Having decided to go back to where they belonged in 1967, but were forcefully brought back to enjoy the marriage of ONE NIGERIA, enjoy it till death do you part.

Igbos will legitimately buy your whole village and employ you as a gateman. Watch out. [Since you have decided to blame all your misfortune on them]

Who GOD blesses, no one should curse.

6 Likes

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by a4cube: 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2023
MrAgbako:
These ipob people self. They don't meant well for Yorubas. How can you hate your benefactor or people y'all Igbos cant do without so much ??
Bunch of headless mobs that will be taught in the exact language they understand.
Where is the hate from the Igbos, the yorubas in the make called them for their votes in their market upcoming election, offered them position and the igbos agreed to work with them for the betterment of them market. So where is the hate from the Igbos? Sometimes I think must of you can't comprehend.

6 Likes

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by seborrhic: 2:31pm On Jun 03, 2023
I might be mistaken but i do sense sarcasm in this post of yours.While seeming to be chastasing the yorubas what you seem to be actually doing is gloating over the dominance the ibos seem to have established over the market
Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by Maxxim: 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2023
I doubt if this guy is yoruba and at the same time the level of tribalism is horrible, your writeup sounds fishy like someone trying to cause chaos, aside from that your claims are false, I've been to pansheke, oke ilewo lately and things are not the way you've describe, only God knows your intention of making this writeup

1 Like

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by ruggedtimi(m): 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2023
A4alpha:
I have never seen a thing like this!! Why are you guys full of hate?? why did you hate Igbos?? Igbos are peace loving people who would rather buy your land even at a high cost not claiming of converting your land, they buy and you get paid in full.
What has Igbos done to especially an average yoruba person??

it is always Igbo this Igbo that.. But be warned.. Nothing can stop a determined Igbo man.. Absolutely NOTHING.. Igbos are no cawards and don't back down no matter your blackmailing and gas-lighting.

Igbophobic and your hate can't just stop an Igbo man.

Know this and know peace if you have (peace) one.
bt the IG*s won't let you do same in the east
Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by a4cube: 3:05pm On Jun 03, 2023
ruggedtimi:
Can you show us any evidence that they did not let you trade, buy land or discriminate against in Igbo land. We are wailing

1 Like

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by proeast(m): 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
God have mercy, what did I just read shocked shocked shocked

So, Yorubas have become so insecure and primitive to this extent??!!!

All I could feel for this unfortunate writer is pity. People reading this Lamentations will also feel pity for what Yorubas have become. The other time, we saw many Yoruba men crying on national TV and begging Tinubu to save them in Lagos. They claimed that Igbos have completely displaced them in Lagos and they couldn't afford to rent shops or live in nice apartments anymore because Igbos have priced them out of their reach grin grin grin

I know that enlightened Yorubas who are travelled would be severely embarrassed by all these grin grin grin

Other Nigerians too will be shocked to see Yorubas feeling so inferior and weak grin grin grin Lol, the talk that they see Igbo Giants in their dreams is actually real grin grin grin

Thank God Igbos have never attacked or fight anyone in their lands. Whatever we possess, WE BOUGHT FROM THE NATIVES AT HIGH RATES!!!

This foolish writer doesn't know how stupid he sounds. If Igbos are making the value of their properties to rise, isn't it supposed to be a good thing for them? Everywhere in the world, people pray for investors but these ones are so miserable because of Igbo investors.

I don't even blame you primitive bigots, rather I blame fellow Igbos that invest among these hateful people. I will rather invest in Cotonou than anywhere in SW Nigeria. Their people out of greed will sell lands to Igbos and use the money to marry new wives or do owambe and once it's finished, they will start hating on Igbos for "taking their land".

If not for Igbos, their entire towns will be completely filled with slums. Take a look at any drone picture of say Abeokuta, Oshogbo, Ore etc and see how disgusting they look.

Igbos should stop investing among these people o.

What a shame!!!

6 Likes

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by Maxxim: 3:47pm On Jun 03, 2023
proeast:
God have mercy, what did I just read shocked shocked shocked

So, Yorubas have become so insecure and primitive to this extent??!!!

All I could feel for this unfortunate writer is pity. People reading this Lamentations will also feel pity for what Yorubas have become. The other time, we saw many Yoruba men crying on national TV and begging Tinubu to save them in Lagos. They claimed that Igbos have completely displaced them in Lagos and they couldn't afford to rent shops or live in nice apartments anymore because Igbos have priced them out of their reach grin grin grin

I know that enlightened Yorubas who are travelled would be severely embarrassed by all these grin grin grin

Other Nigerians too will be shocked to see Yorubas feeling so inferior and weak grin grin grin Lol, the talk that they see Igbo Giants in their dreams is actually real grin grin grin

Thank God Igbos have never attacked or fight anyone in their lands. Whatever we possess, WE BOUGHT FROM THE NATIVES AT HIGH RATES!!!

This foolish writer doesn't know how stupid he sounds. If Igbos are making the value of their properties to rise, isn't it supposed to be a good thing for them? Everywhere in the world, people pray for investors but these ones are so miserable because of Igbo investors.

I don't even blame you primitive bigots, rather I blame fellow Igbos that invest among these hateful people. I will rather invest in Cotonou than anywhere in SW Nigeria. Their people out of greed will sell lands to Igbos and use the money to marry new wives or do owambe and once it's finished, they will start hating on Igbos for "taking their land".

If not for Igbos, their entire towns will be completely filled with slums. Take a look at any drone picture of say Abeokuta, Oshogbo, Ore etc and see how disgusting they look.

Igbos should stop investing among these people o.

What a shame!!!

Sometimes the way you guys reason just amazes one, everyone with working brain knows what the dude wrote was false but then you're also blinded by your ego, talking as if the south east is also free of slums and the roads are plated with marbles, dey play 😁
smh.
Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by ResidentSnitch(f): 3:53pm On Jun 03, 2023
BentizilL:
I'll check to verify if your claim is true...

No inch will be given free to children of hate to perpetrate evil against their benefactor.. Ungrateful lots like Ipob does not deserve our mercy. The level of hatred Igbo has for Yoruba will make you wonder why they live in Yorubaland...

Had to quiet one elderly Igbo woman who sell small goods in my street because of his anti yoruba and always trying to sell Yoruba bad... You can't believe the idiotic woman hate Yoruba because they speak Yoruba and not English in her presence. I had to talk sense to the woman, she thought I wasn't Yoruba because of facial look. She said all rubbish in front of me and expect me to join her... cheesy

What of another igbo friend I schooled, the idiot has come to his sense since that day. They're just too numerous..
Oga 'schooler' wey dey school everybody... yet you're too dumb to even notice that the OP was telling pure lies.

1 Like

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by Okpeke22: 4:22pm On Jun 03, 2023
ruggedtimi:
Landlord travel and see, travel so you can become better informed.
Go to Lokpanta in Abia State, Orba and Ugwuoba in Enugu, the various Ama Awusa in SE cities and come back and tell us who dominate trade and business in those places.

3 Likes

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by securitywatch50: 4:29pm On Jun 03, 2023
💯 gbosa for you
Jiokejohn:
I have read this over and over again and I am yet to comprehend this write-up.

Dear OP, I am expecting you to say the following:

1. That Igbos have stolen all the properties in Abeokuta or the whole of Ogun state.

2. That Igbos have raped all the wives and daughters of the Egba people.

3. That every crime committed in Ogun State is done by Igbos.

Without prejudice, what exactly did the Igbos do to you?

Very soon, you will be hearing complaints like Igbos have bought all my farm products. [He sold all to them at his selling prices and they buy and pay in full]. After sales, he goes through his invoice to realize that no single Yoruba name was there, he will raise the alarm that Yorubas were bullied out of buying it because they cannot afford it.

More so, you will hear something like - all the students in this institution are Igbos. [The school is owned by a Yoruba man and built-in Yoruba land to improve the education of Yorubas]. But Igbos has taken over because the Yorubas cannot afford it and the owner loves money so much. Etc. [Can you imagine]

My dear OP, Igbos are not your problem. Let me open your eyes a little bit.

In my life, I thought that the Birthday celebration is a once in a lifetime event. Just to mark a year anniversary on earth (1yr old). Till I came to Lagos to hear that grown kids or adults still celebrate Birthdays., Wedding anniversaries in gigantic ways and sometimes every year.

For instance, your landlord will approach you and request for advance payment of house rent to enable him to fund his 60th Birthday or Wedding anniversary when your current rent tenure is not yet due. Owing to desperation, he can offer you a 30% or 40% discount. Trust an Igbo man that rarely misses an opportunity, he will embrace the offer, pay and collect the receipt. Thereafter, you will label him a bad person. The question is, must you celebrate? When you spend on frivolities, you will hardly pay attention to Essentials. Igbos don't spend frivolously. They use the same fortunes you spent on partying and celebration to acquire properties and investments. Yorubas can spend a fortune celebrating the death anniversary of parents and grandparents but will rarely renovate or give an inherited property from the same parents a face-lift. Imagine selling an inherited property of your dead parents to fund their memorial anniversary. Who does that?

Dear OP, please reconsider your thought before you blame the next Igbo man as the cause of your Sneezes.
You have said it all.

1 Like

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by Burruchaga71(m): 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2023
dexmond:
OP support effort to allow the Igbos have their own country. This will solve the problem. You won't ever worry about them again.

Even if the country is divided, Igbos can still buy their land and do the businesses just like China and Indians.

1 Like

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by GODPUNISHALABI: 5:20pm On Jun 03, 2023
This write up only portrayed yorubas as weak and envious nothing more,igbos are not scared if they want to fight they should bring it,as they are ranting ahia na ga ga, market no fit shut because of yoruba,if them like make dem vote Satan as president market still dey flow more lands will be bought,and more money shall be made

1 Like

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by Jnkay: 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
So Op you spent weeks and sleepless nigh to write this rubbish. Lazy and hateful man mentality.

1 Like

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by Poisonousman: 5:27pm On Jun 03, 2023
Your hate on Igbo tribe won't stop them from progressing.. you dey government, yet you still dey envy people you no want to rule.. you still dey chase their women.. you are just going close to your grave

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by Blake755: 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2023
Jiokejohn:

1. That Igbos have stolen all the properties in Abeokuta or the whole of Ogun state.

Very soon, you will be hearing complaints like Igbos have bought all my farm products. [He sold all to them at his selling prices and they buy and pay in full]. After sales, he goes through his invoice to realize that no single Yoruba name was there, he will raise the alarm that Yorubas were bullied out of buying it because they cannot afford it.

More so, you will hear something like - all the students in this institution are Igbos. [The school is owned by a Yoruba man and built-in Yoruba land to improve the education of Yorubas]. But Igbos has taken over because the Yorubas cannot afford it and the owner loves money so much. Etc. [Can you imagine]

In my life, I thought that the Birthday celebration is a once in a lifetime event. Just to mark a year anniversary on earth (1yr old). Till I came to Lagos to hear that grown kids or adults still celebrate Birthdays., Wedding anniversaries in gigantic ways and sometimes every year.

For instance, your landlord will approach you and request for advance payment of house rent to enable him to fund his 60th Birthday or Wedding anniversary when your current rent tenure is not yet due. Owing to desperation, he can offer you a 30% or 40% discount. Trust an Igbo man that rarely misses an opportunity, he will embrace the offer, pay and collect the receipt. Thereafter, you will label him a bad person. The question is, must you celebrate? When you spend on frivolities, you will hardly pay attention to Essentials. Igbos don't spend frivolously. They use the same fortunes you spent on partying and celebration to acquire properties and investments. Yorubas can spend a fortune celebrating the death anniversary of parents and grandparents but will rarely renovate or give an inherited property from the same parents a face-lift. Imagine selling an inherited property of your dead parents to fund their memorial anniversary. Who does that?

Dear OP, please reconsider your thought before you blame the next Igbo man as the cause of your Sneezes.
Omo u said it all 💯

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by Blake755: 6:44pm On Jun 03, 2023
Poisonousman:
Your hate on Igbo tribe won't stop them from progressing.. you dey government, yet you still dey envy people you no want to rule.. you still dey chase their women.. you are just going close to your grave
I will say this and i will still say it again as long as we keep hitting this bag we don't give a Bleep about who is the governor e no make them to better pass us 💯

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by Ogene001: 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2023
Ronu miscreants

1 Like

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by toneroforever(m): 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
OP poverty is the root cause of ur frustrations in life not Igbos. Be happy for our progress and successes in ur land.
Don"t be jealous, else it will choke u.

God has blessed us & we are grateful to Him.

3 Likes

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by AfonjaScud: 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2023
Jiokejohn:

Having decided to go back to where they belonged in 1967, but were forcefully brought back to enjoy the marriage of ONE NIGERIA, enjoy it till death do you part.

Igbos will legitimately buy your whole village and employ you as a gateman. Watch out. [Since you have decided to blame all your misfortune on them]

Who GOD blesses, no one should curse.

You are very ignorant of the extant laws on land 'purcgase'. Your eyes will soon begin to clear.
Secondly, the whirlwind of the wind of covetousness and enmity you folishly sowed during the last elections will soon begin to consume you.

1 Like

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by Jiokejohn: 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2023
AfonjaScud:

You are very ignorant of the extant laws on land 'purcgase'. Your eyes will soon begin to clear.
Secondly, the whirlwind of the wind of covetousness and enmity you folishly sowed during the last elections will soon begin to consume you.

Hahaha!

Stop crying.

My Dad is contesting election and your Dad is equally contesting for the same post. I campaigned and voted for my Dad while you campaigned and voted for your Dad. So, why the cry?

I'm surprised by your response. Unless there is something you are not telling me.

On your purported law of Land purchase, I think the same law applies to your cars, phones, and other gadgets. Oh! Maybe the same law was the reason why your kinsmen are not buying properties in their backyards.

For your information, Igbos are buying properties in the USA, UK, France, Germany, Japan, etc. Igbos are highly obsessed with being independent. They prefer being Boss of themselves, Landlord of themselves.

My dear wake up.

2 Likes

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by Tayomi37(m): 8:32pm On Jun 03, 2023
Jiokejohn:

God bless you richly. You've just spoken my thoughts out

1 Like

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by vanunu: 8:43pm On Jun 03, 2023
From your post a non Nigerian will conclude that the Yorubas are people with very low IQ,

1 Like

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by Tayomi37(m): 8:51pm On Jun 03, 2023
Having read through the writeup and the comments so far all. I can say is we are the problem of ourselves.

Majority of we the Yoruba love selling out our land and housing properties to the highest bidder without even blinking the eye or selling to our tribesman (which never happened between Hausa or Igbo tribe) not thinking about tomorrow.
When the visitors have now taken over the entire location,we will now be crying wolf.

The igbo people take over the land we willingly sold to them with proper documentation. Please stop spreading hatred article. What we need is rethink.

Mind any of you, I'm a pure breed Yoruba man but Truth they say is bitter.

4 Likes

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by Ofemannnu: 9:26pm On Jun 03, 2023
GeneralPula:
Your story is Fake Op. Your post shows you’re an impersonator!

I stay in Abk and I know how Abk people does their things. Not so hard for me to burst your lies..

Market leaders in Abk are being determined by Baale of that axis where the market is located. Those voting you’re saying here is trash and gibberish!

This makes me believe you may not be Yoruba. Your story seem concocted and made up! You want to impersonate, but you have no knowledge about those you’re wanting to Impersonate..

Nah who send you?
Wetin be your intention?
lol
The same here.The guy is an impostor or even an Igbo person.
Most of what he wrote are madeup and fiction.
Igbos are truly mainly into petty trading and they bring their families along but if you think they are bringing in more population more than the indigenes then it is time you give them rules and regulations that will streamline them into your desired position or structure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by kollysnut(m): 9:31pm On Jun 03, 2023
mrrandomguy:

©️ Adedamola Adetayo
01 Jun 2023

Do u have the money to develop the market, all the allocation the monarch were collecting, na cars they are buying and marring plenty wives while the igbos r working, let them take over. Speak to the elders and monarch they are the problem. I know in and out of abeokuta very well, so don't argue it. Yorubas are lazy and want to jaiye. Am yoruba , f my tribe. I give it to the igbos and hausas, them them work. While yoruba shouts owo mi da. Awon omo ale jatijati.
Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by backnbeta(f): 9:42pm On Jun 03, 2023
If the write-up is true, why blame the Igbos? Did they forcefully take your land? Are the trading there illegally? You guys are selling your birthright, too bad. Just don't blame Igbos unless they collected the market spaces allocated to them at gunpoint.
Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by DodadaKoKigbe: 10:37pm On Jun 03, 2023
MASTAkiLLAh:
OP, you're exactly right. Ebows have an evil agenda for Yorubaland. Yorubas need to wake up and pass state laws to checkmate their evil plans. Before you know it, they will do to Ogun state what they're currently doing in Lagos. Oppose them with EVERY fiber of your being.

You're absolutely correct!

1 Like

Re: TROUBLE Looms In Abeokuta by zeuss: 11:49pm On Jun 03, 2023
nothingspoil70:
We need more people like this writer to wake the Yorubas up. We have been sleeping for too long now. The last election in this country should serve as a wakeup call to all sons and daughters of Oduduwa that our neighbours from the east are not coming to us with good intentions. That Tinubu won this election should not make us go back to sleep that we have won the battle. These guys moving everybody from their villages to occupy our land are posing serious threats to us as a people. Enough of docility in the name of liberalism. EYIN YORUBA EJOWO E RONU!!!!

Idiots.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N1.3tr Fuel Subsidy Fund: Efcc Invites 38 Oil Marketers / TAN MEGA RALLY, Grand Finale, Abuja Live On Ait. / 600 Terrorists Killed In Russian Cruise Missile Strike In Syria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.