Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,538 members, 7,905,093 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 05:31 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (350811 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gofitech(m): 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2007
@pitodenz

fox soccer shows 3 premiership and 3 serie A matches every weekend

please explain what you mean by "forced the rubber bottom open" do you mean i should remove the whole seal from the LNB for maximum reception. pls if i can see the picture of any of your LNB "with rubber opened" i will appreciate it
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by BUTONEDAY(m): 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2007
gofitech:

@pitodenz

fox soccer shows 3 premiership and 3 serie A matches every weekend

please explain what you mean by "forced the rubber bottom open" do you mean i should remove the whole seal from the LNB for maximum reception. please if i can see the picture of any of your LNB "with rubber opened" i will appreciate it

Gofitech,
This means that you have to cut out the white plastic material from the lnb. I have tried it, and signal did improve.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Vickivicki(m): 8:59am On Dec 20, 2007
@Gofitech
Guy,what dish size are u using or what dish size will get fox soccer am also in lagos? Are u also getting sportsmax and what decoder type are u using?

Abi u be installer?

Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 10:54am On Dec 20, 2007
@ Pitodenz

Re your post no. 445 on previous page: I think you or the moderator should delete the keys; posting keys makes the forum vulnerable to law suits or other action by Encypted TV providers etc. The Websites that post keys have some forms of protection that they understand e.g. the country in which they or their servers are based etc.

It is fine to refer people to where to get keys (preferably by dead hyperlink; even live hyperlink is not really safe) or discuss keys privately by PM/email/IM etc.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gofitech(m): 1:20pm On Dec 20, 2007
@Vickivicki

i am using 2.4m locally fabricated fiber dish to get foxsoccer

i am not getting sportmax and i am using strong 4653x
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gofitech(m): 1:24pm On Dec 20, 2007
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gofitech(m): 1:56pm On Dec 20, 2007
@BUTONEDAY

pls can i have your phone no for further delebration.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Vickivicki(m): 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2007
@gofitech
Man,i sent you a mail.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 6:28pm On Dec 20, 2007
@ enigma
bros thnks for u info i ve no idea,i was only trying to help i hope other ll learn too so as to protect our useful forum.but i cant delete it let the moderator do dat plzz.
@ gofitech
u wldnt understand it in pic just force the bottom cover rubber open.and bros does it mean that 1.8m dish can not get fox soccer sprt in southern naija or even 2.4m net dish?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2007
@ pitodenz

I understand; however, try go back to the post and click 'Modify' and then you should be able to delete the keys.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 7:54pm On Dec 20, 2007
yes i am getting the nilesat and foxsoccer channel with single dish which i rotate.

@Gofitech: 3 (or so) questions please:

1. What size is your dish?

2. Where are you located?

3. How do you rotate the dish - manually or are you using a jack/motor?

Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gofitech(m): 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2007
@pitodenz
i ve not try 1.8 with fox soccer. however you can try it with 2.4mesh though my dish is 2.4fiber.

@Enigma
my dish is 2.4 fiber

i am located in Lagos

i rotate my dish with motor
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2007
Thanks.

With a 2.4 motorised, what other satellites can you receive? Also are you receiving Ku or C band satellites or both?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by imhomoh(m): 5:13pm On Dec 23, 2007
@ Pitodenz

Please i sent you a mail regarding the FTA and i will be glad if you reply. Well the mail is all about meeting you in person since i reside in Port Harcourt too.

Hope to get your feed back.

Merry Christmas.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by memento: 6:55pm On Dec 26, 2007
hello guys, please help, i presently receive MYTV plus all its free to air, please i intend to receive more stations but im at a crossroad, which one will be preferable. To add additional LNB to my present location (east) or To mount another dish facing west?? please which one gives me better and many more stations. Thanks men, you are all doing great. I can't wait to hear from you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bjluv: 4:51am On Dec 27, 2007
make accurate calculations, egt ur long and lat, know ur elevation and all should be fine. know the time sun is on the equator (N or S) then u shall get al things in place. there are various sites for info. any questions, holla @ me
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2007
Hi everyone,
thanks gofitech for the reply, it would have been nice to be able to watch the live football on foxsoccer without having to make my dish motorised. also my installer is still insisting i can't get it with anything less than a 2.4m dish, though i could have sworn someone said earlier on in this forum that all one needs is a 1.8m dish facing west. i'll still call him later today to find out about putting a motor on this current dish.

PS:
Vickvicki, foxsoccer used to be known as sportsmax until a few months ago, though most people still call it by that name, i think twinstaiye or someone else said something to that effect in an earlier post.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 3:16pm On Dec 27, 2007
Yes, it used to be Sportsmax. Actually, Sportsmax hold the exclusive right of english premiership in Jamaica. But sometimes in 2006, Fox Soccer decided to use the coverage of Sportsmax in Jamaica by either a way of partnership or acquisition, since then, the name had changed to FSC i.e Fox Soccer Channel. It was during this merger that the channels was encrypted, or better still probably because of the ejaculations of DSTV. I guess when DSTV has lost the right of EPL to hitv in nigeria, they relax on their grip on the neck of FSC to de-encrypt the channel, that is a guess work though, but it may not be far from truth.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by madskillz: 5:05pm On Dec 27, 2007
hey jujukemist, that station stylenetwork is no longer free to air!!

all these talk about foxsports, I havent been able to locate it, can someone kindly give me a detailed instruction, am ur student hehe anyways
happy nu year, wish y'all good fta s this yr.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tosincci: 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2007
Just want to know if i can get nilesat or arabsat in lagos wit 2.4mesh motorised with ku and c band combined which i use
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2007
What's up people,
it does seem like everyone is talking about foxsoccer right now on this forum. it really is messed up that one is not sure which premiership match one is most likely going to watch at anytime with all these FTA channels on nss7, actually, they show the same thing as dstv, except for that damned RDV which ends up coding up on u just before the game, so foxsoccer is actually the FTA football lovers dream, well excluding champions league and la liga. but i guess it's a dream that's going to be difficult to achieve for some of us, cos i spent the whole of this morning trying to see if i could get my dish to connect to it to no avail (unless the c-band receiver or my settings are messed up).
i am now seriously considering buying HITV or alternatively, buying a 2,4m dish and making it motorized so i can get nilesat, hispasat, foxsoccer and nss7, then buying an irdeto cam and aljareeza card, so i can watch la liga, but that still leaves the issue of champions league unsolved.
well, its just a thought, somebody tell me what u think, after this site is for FTA in Nigeria right?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 9:50am On Dec 30, 2007
Good day nairalaanders, u can get foxsocer channel with 1.8m dish,presently am watching it with 1.5m in the far north. What u need to do is to remove the di-electric in the c-band lnb,then track using sky-x receiver not strong 4653x. This model of receiver is not good for tracking. By the time u start getting the signal to 18-20% leave the dish in that position for like 30 seconds, then the signal will shoot up.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by 4QU29T(m): 10:33pm On Dec 30, 2007
hi everybody just creeping on the net last two weeks and bumped into this site and forum. great things u guys are doing here . I hv read from the begining to the end and i commend each an everyone of you for a great job. I am a net addict and hobbyist on tech info.  My own contributiion is to gv u a New Year gift , cathya tomorow for the gift.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gofitech(m): 9:34am On Dec 31, 2007
hi everybody happy new year.

please has anybody been able to get hippasat in Southern Nigeria. if yes what size and type of dish and LNB did you get it with.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by otokx(m): 10:46am On Dec 31, 2007
I got NTA plus and France 24 on my Ku Pas7
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by imhomoh(m): 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2007
Hello Otokx & Pitodenz

Please i sent you a mail regarding the FTA and i will be glad if you reply. Well the mail is all about meeting you in person since i reside in Port Harcourt too.

Hope to get your feed back.

Happy New Year
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by 4QU29T(m): 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2007
Hi, like I stated earlier on, my new year gift - is a software that will solve 70% of your questions on FTA the name of the software is SATCODX WORLD OF SATELLITES II Ver. 3.12 .  The file size is 7MB hence I cannot upload it to this forum.   you can download it frm this link    http://hristoforster.clan.su/SatcoDX-II-v3.12.rar.  Install only the file name satcoDX (Setup) , Enjoy.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by 4QU29T(m): 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2007
If you hv any problem feel free to PM on yahoo ( no mails pls) alexbucho@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 31, 2007
4QU29T:

Hi, like I stated earlier on, my new year gift - is a software that will solve 70% of your questions on FTA the name of the software is SATCODX WORLD OF SATELLITES II Ver. 3.12 . The file size is 7MB hence I cannot upload it to this forum. you can download it frm this link http://hristoforster.clan.su/SatcoDX-II-v3.12.rar. Install only the file name satcoDX (Setup) , Enjoy.

Thats really nice of you to have posted that. But you should have given us all some hints we will come across from that software. You should know that majority of us surf the net from a public internet cafe, and it will take eternity to download such a huge file cos of the slow response of the servers in most of our internet cafes, apart from those in private organisations like banks e.t.c, i have been trying to download that but i couldnt, can you please tell us what we should be expecting from the software, is there any hacking methods? Can you please expalin that to us all here when next you log on. Thanks

@ enigma,pitodenz,badaru1,vickoy23,

How are you all? Happy New Yaer, you dont all have to worry we've already seen that.

GREAT NEWS FOR THOSE ON NSS7 REGARDING SPORTS,

STV2 a cameroonian station is making a promise to all their innumerable viewers all across Africa, that this coming year 2008, they will be increasing the number of premiership match being aired from 1 to about 3 live matches per week, and more also from the italian serie A. Isnt that great news, NSS7 will be the best FTA satellite for 90cm here in nigeria from next year.

@ all-experts,

I'm even thinking of setting up another dish by february next year, am thinking of facing intelsat on 68.5 E (mytv to be precise), i dont know if you have better ideas for me regarding that, but note that it must be 90cm not more than that.

I bet you guys i will revoluntionalise the idea of using 90cm dish or even less for FTA here on this forum, cos i love investing so much of my time and knowledge where most people neglect.

Thanks all.

For those who wish to contact me for FTA issues based on only 90cm dish should contact me via mail odupitanenitan@gmail.com or call me on 08067055323

N.B; No man is an island of knowledge
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by 4QU29T(m): 12:17pm On Jan 02, 2008
Please go to this site for the online manual of the software "WORLD OF SATELLITES II Ver 3.12" Its explains everything http://satcodx.info/manual/eng/ . For those of us that may not have the patience and time let me explain what this software does.

1. Find your location coordinates e.g my location is Abuja, and the abuja coordinates on the Globe is 9'N by 7' E (use a GPS device to find your
exact location or use Google earth on the web to find your location).

2. If you enter the required DATA in the software i.e 1. Your location coordinates
2. Select your dish size (0.6m - 9m)
3. Select LNB type ( Ku-Band, C-Band , S-Band)
4. Select your receiver type ( Digital or Analogue)
5. Select your preferred Broadcast language ( english, french, arabic, german etc, )
6. Select your preferred Channel Type ( TV, Radio, Package)

3. When u hit the enter key it will search through its DATABASE and show you the available Satellites on that loaction based on your coordinates

4. EXAMPLE - 1. I am in Abuja - coordinate is 9'N and 7'E
2. I use 1.8m STRONG DISH
3. I use fujistu LNB Ku-Band
4. I use DIGITAL RECEIVER (STRONG RECEIVER 4652)

5. With the above items in (4) and the DATA I must have keyyed in (2) based on what I have in (4) the output from the software is given below
LIST OF AVAILABLE SATELLITE ON MY COORDINATE USING PARAMETERS IN (4)
1. NNS 10 322.5E, 2. TELSTAR 10 76.5E, 3. INTELSAT 908 62.0E 4. INTELSAT 705 310.0E

6. With the info in (5) if u hit the next button on the on the software it will list the all the english channels TV, Radio and packaged.

7. the issue again is can i recieve all the channels - the answer is to check the satellite foot print to know if it beams to that location is yes then you may receive the channels

GOODLUCK GUYS
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by 4QU29T(m): 1:20pm On Jan 02, 2008
PLS NOT THAT THE INFO OR STEP I GAVE Above is just a task of which one of the modules of the software can perform. there are other module like channel locator u can filter based on language , transponder, free channels, encrypted channels, etc. feel free to ask REASONABLE QUESTIONS on this pls.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by 4QU29T(m): 2:41pm On Jan 02, 2008
Here is another example for some1 leaving in lagos.

paramenter used for this example - 1. Lagos coordinate on the Globe is 6N by 3E
2. using 1.8m dish ground mount
3. using ku Band and c-Band LNB
4. digital receiver
using the software i mentioned earlier please see all the available satellites with it beam or coverage areas in the following attachment am sending.

Once again GOODLUCK TO YOU GUYS

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.