Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,019 members, 7,970,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 09:26 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (354767 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 9:09pm On Jan 21, 2008
TonUch:

@bodejohn,

Please, can u provide detailed info on the versions of software that could be loaded on the SRT4653x decoders?
Your link has a lot with no explanations. I also heard that some patches could fry a decoder. undecided

@ all-experts in the house,
I would really appreciate it also if u can share your experience on this issue.

Thankx fellas! cool

I'm sorry, here are the details

Go directly to

http://wizkid.persiangig.com/Patch%204%20Africa/

Click on

SRT4651X_4654X_MyTV_138p_20080121.zip

After download put it on a flash, and connect to your receiver.

Go to the menu of the receiver and scroll to usb

You will see some options and one of the options will be related to upgrade( i am not sure which as i am not infront of my receiver now)

You can go through your manual to comfirm the process.

Bros make sure power is not switched off when you do this.

I do not know what will happen but I'm not trying to scare you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Tinkinguy(m): 10:51am On Jan 22, 2008
Hello Guys,

In relation to my question earlier on, regarding ETV and entering code through the decoder remote, I was able to figure out what went wrong and finally get to the codes where I re-entered the Nagravision code for ETV.

Botton line is that am back on with my ETV channel veiwing.

@ ayusman16
Anybdy experiencing scambled channel on e.tv on mytv

What's really the case with your ETV channel, lets look at it together.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ayusman16(m): 11:03am On Jan 22, 2008
@Tinkin_guy

Thanks for ur concern. Had probs with the signal strength of most the mytv free on air channels some days back but after they were restored; e.tv. is still showing Scrambled Channels. Have tried 6969 twice, 8888 but the probs still persists.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Tinkinguy(m): 11:23am On Jan 22, 2008
@ ayusman16

If I got what you said very well, once all the channels within MYTV axis had signal strength issues probably due to weather or Antenna shifting or its fromthe satellite, but was restored later, however ETV channel did not come up with them and its showing scrambled.

I guess you need to rescan the frequency on which you got them again, bearing in mind the polarization, and afterthat, use the 6969 activation code on ETV once more. this is if you re using strong decoder.

let see how it goes
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ayusman16(m): 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2008
No changes my guy. It'd still scrambling looking at me
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by odaboy: 9:02pm On Jan 22, 2008
How can i connect my FTA reciever to my pc and watch everything on the pc.
i dont have a TV,all i have is a pentium three pc and want to connect every thing to it.
plz help me i know u can ndo it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 10:58pm On Jan 22, 2008
You need a Skystar 2 PC card; google it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gofitech(m): 9:43am On Jan 23, 2008
@twinstaiye

i have the RS232 cable contact me on 08033308593
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by anataala: 10:13am On Jan 23, 2008
hello,
have press 6969 on ur remote and still the etv have not open, the are using nagravasion 1 keys u can call on me on 08032404900 if still ur are having problen
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bode4real(m): 12:10pm On Jan 23, 2008
anataala:

hello,
have press 6969 on your remote and still the etv have not open, the are using nagravasion 1 keys u can call on me on 08032404900 if still your are having problen

6969 only works for strong decoder, if urs is not better let d house know ur decoder make
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mjay(m): 12:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
Hello guys in the house, ure just too much, im the one giving instructions to my installers on frequencies and channels, all because of the extensive knowldge ive gained on this forum. I just got my nss channel an im overwhelmed with the number of channels, now these channels include everything from almighty CNN to Cartoon network. The problem is they are scrambled. Now the issue is WHO ARE THE OWNERS OF THESE CHANNELS, HOW CAN WE HAVE THE CARD OR CARDS TO UNSCRAMBLE THEM just in case i want to explore. yeah i got the unscrambled channells too just about 4 of them. Anybody out there who can HELP. ONCE AGAIN URE TOO MUCH ON THIS FORUM. THANKS MENNNNNNN.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2008
I guys,

its good to be here again after a short break.I can say i'm really impressed with the intrest development on ku-band satellite dishes. I have received so many calls for the past few days from intrested people. All i can say for all those that have called me so far is to have a little patience, but the good news i have is that i will be back in lagos on the 25th of febuary and i will be around for just about 4 weeks. So therefore if you are all ready to get your dish installed i guess i will be free as a bird during this period.

One thing i also noticed concerning the calls i received from people using nss 7 is that about 30% of them are having problem with the stv station, the only advice i can proffer is this: stv is the channel with the less signal strength, and i will advice anyone trying to get the position os nss 7 to use the stv freq and symbol rate, and make sure the signal strength is nothing less than 50%, with this i can assure you will have no problem with the other stations on that platform.

@ enigma,
thansk so much for your reply, i really appreciate them.

@itechnigeria,
you might come across this post, you promised to give me a call concerning your installation but you havent done that, and dont forget you've paid some amount of money on that, so i will advice you not to slack cos i will never play a fast on you, you are the one slowing things down.

@ all,
i'm totally all yours during those period i mentioned earlier, and to all those who called saying they will really like to meet me one-on-one (i.e based in lagos) i can assure you that i will make that by then.

@ pitodenz,
how far with the installation you said you will be doing using one 90cm dish to get both 68.5 and 36 E?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by madskillz: 3:39pm On Jan 23, 2008
hello all, tv is boring these days with all the wind making the signals weak. anyways, is there any new station or network out there that is worth checking out? anything at all? oh well, back to my pc,
ps DO YOU GUYS USE THIS WEBSITE WWW.SATSIG.NET
bye.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ejike3: 3:48pm On Jan 23, 2008
odaboy:

How can i connect my FTA reciever to my pc and watch everything on the pc.
i don't have a TV,all i have is a pentium three pc and want to connect every thing to it.
plz help me i know u can ndo it.

@odaboy
you can also watch it on your pc if you have TV card installed on your pc. Using appropriate cable to connect the AV output of your reciever to Video and Audio input of the TV card on your pc.
I did it before, but the truth is that it is much more better to control your TV with remote control than using keyboard or mouse,  though TV capture card comes with remote control.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2008
@ all
sorry i didnt post this when needed.etv got scrambled only on 4653x,4651x but opens on 4652 downward.what realy happen is that the x-series retained the etv next key inside it whereas 4652 has the in use key inside already.when i was called in for this problem what i did was to collect the in use key from the 4652 and input it manually in the x-series and it started opening etv with 6969 immediately.though i should ve post this then but u see am very busy this days cos this problem lasted for about 4 days b4 x-series au upgraded.but those of u using decoders like skysat can see that their decoder upgrade it almost immediately.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Tinkinguy(m): 3:35pm On Jan 24, 2008
Hi All
My decoder (Technosat) was one of the affected ETV scrambled, however I was able to re-enter the nagravision code as it were and the ETV channel started showing. I guess people with Strong decoder will need to follow the advice of @_pitodenz.

If you re not using Strong decoder and had entered nagravision codes into your decoder b4 the scrambling occured last week, try doing the same once more as it were if you re also having the ETV scrambled issue.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ayusman16(m): 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2008
@tinkin guy n Pitodenz

am not too techy to understand d steps to go about it. Can u guys kindly outline d procedures. tnx
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Tinkinguy(m): 10:52am On Jan 25, 2008
@ ayusman16

Like I said before, am going to outline the steps I used in relation to my kind of decoder (Technosat) however if you re using strong decoder which I also think may be the same steps, but if not, maybe other guys in the house who uses strong decoder can be of help.

From the menu:
1) go to installation
2) enter parental code option
3) then here try typing 3311 or any other numbers and a red spot will be highlighted at the bottom of the screen.
4) Press the red button on your remote and this will take you to the current keys column and which will also outline others keys like nagravision, viaaccess, seba, conax etc, if your decoder supports them.
5) go to the nagravission option and enter the nagravision code for sabc and exit as it saves the configuration.

Thats all you need to do and will be back with you ETV watching.
I hope this can help

Enjoy!!!!!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 12:18pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ ayusman
i dnt think theres any strong decoder that cannot open etv now though the au was down in x-series some days ago but now it has upgraded.no need to ask too many question just go to ur etv and leave it after sometime it will open,i even went to the extend of deleting the key in my 4653x yet it upgraded itself after some seconds.i dnt think anyone is still having problem with etv on strong decoder.
@ all on c-band in southern naija
i think for now the only channels tht can be unlock in c-band is still b4u movie,kbs world,etv and sabc 1,2&3.i ll post any if any come up.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 12:47pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ all
am still wondering how some of us get fox soccer 55w in southern naija i dont think is possible but someone said it is using some sky x decoder which i ve never come across i think its sky sat decoder but whatever it is i dont think theres any decode that can track signal easier and faster than strong decoder so am meant to beleive if this channelis possible it shld be only for those in the northern naija cos if u follw the beam u ll see that it is almost impossible for any part of naija.plz someone shld clear me abt this fox soccer channel if u re getting it plz tell me ur location,size of dish and the signal strength u re able to get cos i believe if anybody got it in south i too should get it.
@ butoneday
u mention something abt tracking badr c from warri using a 2.4m strong pan dish,i dont know how u go about it.
@ all
u see these guy butoneday make an impression on me,he suggested that since he was able to get some channels in nilesat with his 2.4m dish in warri,and nilesat beam is farer than badr c in naija,well i dont know whether he got it or not.but u see it a very good idea so those of us in north should try some other satellite that re nearer to us than nilesat and post their exprience.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by just2nice(m): 1:48am On Jan 26, 2008
I typed 8080 on my Strong MyTv decoder and it brought a menu and some channels.FTA gurus,what is that supposed to mean and can it be used to scan new channels?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gofitech(m): 10:18am On Jan 28, 2008
@pitodenz

i got foxsoccer channel in lagos signal strenth 70% with 2.4m fiber dish. contact me on 08033308593 for further info.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by donaremu(m): 11:55am On Jan 28, 2008
Hello Guys in the house, is it possible for me to get free to Air station on my HiTv receiver. I use the digital Strong My Tv receiver. I need help guys.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:28pm On Jan 28, 2008
gofitech:

@pitodenz

i got foxsoccer channel in lagos signal strenth 70% with 2.4m fiber dish. contact me on 08033308593 for further info.
Gofitech,
Please tell us how you got the signal. Many people fit nor get credit to call you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Tinkinguy(m): 9:42am On Jan 30, 2008
@ elexsoft

"You can easily just watch the Satellite stations online and you don't even need to buy anything. There are many sites that shows the Free to Air stations; my favorite is http://satellitetvnavigator.com"

Watching the free channels TV online is kull if and only if you have enough bandwidth pipe and capacity for streaming. In nigeria where most of the bandwidth available is been supply by One ISP using radios, or Vsat or DSL links, and people using 64Kbps, or 120, 256 or even 512Kbps, Is pretty hard to be able to watch it online without cracks and breaks, which makes it fustrating, even when you decide to do a night watch or night browsing as the case maybe.

However in the near future with the introduction of Optics fibre looming around in nigeria of recent, and many people subcribing to over 1-2 Mega of bandwidth capacity, which can also do video conferencing in addition to voice, data etc, then watching free satellite TV online will be more interesting.

For now my people, I will suggest we just take a bow and leave the matter for next time.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by const6(m): 11:38am On Feb 01, 2008
@Experts,
@All

Can anybody tell me how i can put another LNB on my current HITV dish and get MYtv Africa.

I want this because of some channels MyTvAfrica added recently, most especially their Arsenal TV.

If is not possible, does it mean i have to get another dish entire to be able to connect to MyTv Africa?

I need help urgently.

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mecussey(m): 2:07pm On Feb 01, 2008
For all the free channels you can receive in Africa, visit www.ftaafrica..com/ . all the channels will soon be added, and the size of dish to use. Note INTELSAT 907 is going to Eutelsat w4, with only 5 channels for now, and more later. The service will come up by 16:00 GMT today 2nd FEB 2007
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 2:25pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ const6

You probably need another dish as the distance is simply too much for most 90cm dishes i.e. 36e and 68.5e. It probably can be done on some 90cm dishes e.g. will probably not be that difficult on a Toroidal Wavefrontier 90 but that dish is not in Naija, I don't think; may also be possible on the Raven 90 though more difficult because of the 32 degree spread. Conclusion: a second dish with a diseqc switch!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Tinkinguy(m): 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ const6  

"Can anybody tell me how i can put another LNB on my current HITV dish and get MYtv Africa"

You didnt tell us on which satellite and direction your dish is facing and also the size of your dish.

First you need to know that its possible to add as many LNB's as possible on a single dish, however there are things you need to consider b4 that;
1) the direction your current dish is facing and what satellite you re connected to.
2) if your dish is facing east where MYTV satellite channels is facing then, its posible for you to add another LNB and get channels within that footprint.
3) if your dish is facing West (which I presume is where HItv can be received (27.5w ) I stand to be corrected, then you can't get anything like MYTV channels but other satellite channels within that axis by using another LNB with some degrees apart, however you have to figure out how to extend the LNB holder for the additional LNB's.

So if you still wish to get MYTV along side Hitv, then you have to get yourself another dish of possibly 60 to 90cm, which you will face east (68.5E) in-order to get these channel packages.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 9:50am On Feb 04, 2008
@ gofitech
bros i know with 2.4m fibre dish u can be able to get fox soccer anywhere in naija,my question still remain can anyone get it with 1.8m or net dish in southern naija.
@ all
trend tv is now on with only 5 channels i think is time for me to experiment my 2 lnb stuff with one dish like enigma said i know is gonna be difficult cos most 90cm dish in naija is not complete size but i think i ve one complete size not strong neither space dish.i ll let everybody know the outcome.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by nale(m): 2:02pm On Feb 04, 2008
somebody said on nairaland that he got hitv channels free from west, can somebody give me more details.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by odaboy: 9:24pm On Feb 05, 2008
am tony and am using strong srt 3650 with two fixed dishes.
on is 80cm facing east and 90cm facing west.am able to get bbc and other channles but they are scrambled,i want to know if anybody knows the code to decrpyt bbc and other channels.most of the channels that are not scrambled are christian channels.thank u alot.
my email is blessatsu@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.