Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,171 members, 7,970,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 12:35 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (354812 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2008
ojofree:

thanks i went to the page that was recommended (23) and i saw what was described but i still do not know how to adjust the lnb skew, do i have to physically turn the white plastic covering the thing or what? because looking at it, the lnb is screwed tightly onto the lnb holder and i do not see any way of adjusting that thing, please gurus in the house educate me, thanks
Slightly losen the LNB holder. Hold the base of your LNB (the area around where you attach your cable). Move the LNB left or right, just like you're moving the long hand on a clock to set the time on a (mechanical) wall clock. That is how to Skew an LNB. Hope this helps. smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by kdoubled01: 8:09pm On Aug 01, 2008
hello everybody, do you know that showtime key is out!!!!!!! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by toxnaija: 9:54pm On Aug 01, 2008
I am very sorry for the posted keys.I was just too excited to prove to all Nilesat users that the keys are back.I am happy to inform everybody that Showtime got back this morning,that means Premiership,Olympics,great movies,music and documentaries free of charge.I just sent the keys to Mide2008,and he is watching better channels than DSTV/HiTV.The problem is that a lot of greenhorns in the fta industry don't know how to manually input the keys.Can somebody help them with a tutorial on this thread please?Enigma,can you now see why I can't afford to miss Nilesat while in the UK?I want to hear from you after trying out the 1.2m dish.I pray it works for you.Enigma,I am still being informed that Leicester is not far from London.Anyway,I will find out when I arrive in September.
I saw all the exciting Europe- beamed stations on Lyngsat.I think they are worth sticking to.But I still want to try out Nilesat when I arrive.
Everybody should please check out all the exciting pix of dishes posted by F-Marshal.They are really awesome.
New station is out on NSS 7 ku-La Chaîne de Futur 11602 vertical 2221(west africa beam).
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ftalover(m): 9:59pm On Aug 01, 2008
kdoubled01,
Hi, wat do you mean by 'showtime keys are out'. Kindly explain.
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 12:20am On Aug 02, 2008
toxnaija:

, The problem is that a lot of greenhorns in the fta industry don't know how to manually input the keys.Can somebody help them with a tutorial on this thread please?Enigma,can you now see why I can't afford to miss Nilesat while in the UK?I want to hear from you after trying out the 1.2m dish.I pray it works for you.Enigma,I am still being informed that Leicester is not far from London.Anyway,I will find out when I arrive in September ,

Anyone who wants a basic tutorial or info on entering keys will find useful information from post number 12 (and also from post number 35) on the thread in the following link: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-114591.0.html

toxnaija

Leicester city is not far from London; but it is still about 2 hours from London. My understanding is that this is where you are going to study? If you want to give the name of the institution, I should be able to confirm things for you.

Leicester square is in London; just a particular spot/area in London. (Not likely where you are going to study!)
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 10:25am On Aug 02, 2008
DAARSAT!

Anyone heard anything?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by biggjoe(m): 11:36am On Aug 02, 2008
this guy (in Pakistan, I believe) picks 8 birds with this setup. Its 8ft dish.

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2008
@ all gurus,
its always nice to be here at any time, i can really see much has also been done on this forum for the past 7 days, i say kudos to all the contributors on this forum.

@ enigma,
how u doing today?

@ toxnaija,
i've just confirmed the channels that has just been added on NSS7 on lyngsat, thanks for that piece of info.

@ boljamoguns,
how you doing also today?

@ badaru1,
i can really see that it seems you're no longer intrested in that 2.4m dish we discussed, because i can really see from your past writeups here on the forum asking of dstv and hitv decoders, you can really now feel what we that are having space problem encounter in terms of installing a larger dish.

@ ojofree,
coupled with this post are 2 pictures showing what lnb skewing means, for satellite packages in the east the lnb skew will look like 3' O clock i.e the wire-output from the lnb will be facing the right side when standing at the back of the dish e.g of this type of skew is menat for hitv,dstv and mytv, if it should be for W3A the skew will look like 6'O clock i.e the wire-output will be facing down and if the satellite should be in the west like NSS7 the lnb skew will be facing the left side i.e looking like a 9'O clock.

In my next post i will discuss more on those having problem with getting the accurate elevation angle, i will like to say that you must never rely on what you see on dishpointer concerning that its a pratical thing you've got to achieve personally, because it differs from location to how the handle of the dish is installed, more details concerning this will be in my next post

Picture 0063 is the w3a lnb skew
Picture 0062 is the pas 7/10 lnb skew

@ w3a viewers,
try check out this feeds its always active on mondays from 7pm to 8:30pm
Freq: 10999V
SR: 3214

if you cant see anything during theat speculated time try to be changing the polarisation from V to H or H to V.
Pls give me a feedback

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nwabunnia(m): 12:27am On Aug 03, 2008
@ all gurus

This is probably the best thread on this whole forum. Keep up the good work guys.

I have a problem and I'd appreciate your help guys. I have a strong 4653x. I recently downloaded and installed a patch from the Strong website (that was b/4 I discovered this forum and this thread in particular). The MyTv logo no longer shows and is replaced by the official strong logo. Needless to say that I can not input keys in the decoder. I've been searching the web trying to find a patch for 4653x but I keep seeing that for other models.

Please could someone be magnanimous enough to give me a link to getting a patch for 4653x that would enable me use keys. My email addy is [email]nomonkeyingabout@yahoo.co.uk [/email]. The one I got from the Strong site is in the .stb format so anything in that format would be fine for me. Thanks all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nwabunnia(m): 3:51am On Aug 03, 2008
I've been doing some more searches on the net for 4653x firmware, no luck. I visited a forum though where they said that the firmware for 4654x will also work for 4653x. I was wondering if anyone has tried it on 4653x and it worked. I've downloaded it but I am afraid of using it until I'm sure - I definitely do not want to fry my box.

I'd be glad if someone can give me some insights. Thanks all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ajiareg(m): 4:56am On Aug 03, 2008
Guys pls help me out! I av two 90cm dishes, one is for pas 10/7ku where am watching etv and other gospel channels and the other dish is formaly for Trend tv but its now useless. Can't i use it for this w3a? And where is the direction of w3a? Pls guys i really want you to help me out
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 3:52pm On Aug 03, 2008
@ all

i tried my might out on Nilesat with a 2.4m mesh dish.
The bird showed me that kaki no be leather.

2.4m mesh was my choice because of space contraints
and the fact that my supplier assured me i could pick the nauhgty bird on it.

i tried the dish on some other birds like Pas7/10, W4 and Nss 7.
I was suprised as i could not track W3 (7W) which i had ealier on a 90cm dish with the new dish.

I am using strong's c+ku combined lnbf with the dish.

My questions are:

1) Has anybody in the south west (probably Lagos or Ibadan)
been able to track the bird with a 2.4m mesh.

I am asking this question again because there has been no clear answers on the thread.

2) Am i doing something wrong on the elevation since i couldn't track W3 on the east?

3) If Nilesat is elusive to a 2.4m dish what are my other options. i plan to motorize the dish.

I am in Ibadan.

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gofitech(m): 5:53pm On Aug 03, 2008
@Nwabunnia

i can tell you that 4654x firmware will work for you. i have used it before. anyway i hope the firm firmware is completely down loaded. and not corrupted.

@bodejohn.

well i stay in lagos. i have 2.4m dish but it is fiber. i am able to motorized it to get nilesat and w3. i am not sure you can get nilesat on 2.4m net. but i think you should be able to get w3. try adjust inclination and the LNB screw.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by toxnaija: 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2008
NILESAT users,
I am glad to serve you this gist-new stations are available
Showtime Discovery world on 12073 horizontal 27500.open with showtime keys.
Nickelodeon Arabia hits Middle East screens July 23 free to air (frequency 10775 h 27500 )
Nickelodeon Arabia, the Middle East's first Arabic-language, free-to-air channel dedicated exclusively to Arab kids aged 2-14 years old, is set to launch on Nilesat and Arabsat on 23 July 2008, delivering the very best in kids' multi-media entertainment.
Nilesat is sweet again.Even your kids are not left out now.

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Fadajasi(m): 12:54am On Aug 04, 2008
If i tell u guys i understand this,am lying
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by babaegun(m): 8:44am On Aug 04, 2008
@toxnaija

What size of dish are you using for Nilesat? This frequency (12073H/27500) has been elusive on my 1.8m dish in Abuja.
Where are you located as this info is not on your profile.

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 10:01am On Aug 04, 2008
@All
Good job All, please let us try and answer questions from lamer and Guru alike , i have asked questions here in the past and till date still no answer(e.g. What is the use or advantage of 2 C-band LNB on same dish , i understand having a C-band and a Ku-band on same dish, ), But you are all doing a good job. Thanks

@Ajiareg
Yes you can use your 90cm dish to watch W3a. Try and nail the bird and let us know, what else we can help you to. If any problem nailing the bird , cry out and let us know.

@bodejohn
Nice to here from someone from my Land. Am also interested in the nilesat , but my target is a 2.4mesh dish. I have also read in this forum that a 2.4mesh dish will not work for nilesat here in Ibadan. So I want to ask in the house if a 2.4 fiber or Pan. will work. And maybe you know where we can get it in IB. Some say its fabricated somewhere in Ibadan , but they are never ready to take me there , so i think they lie, ( lying is hobby to some people).Any idea. And i think Nilesat dish is better off not motorized, if you've got nilesat what else do u want to watch, NTA wink wink wink So Brother , lets try and see if we can locate a dish fabricator in Ibadan smiley. [size=8pt]So please Gurus in the house will a 2.4m fiber on pan work in Ibadan for nilesat[/size](pls don't tell me to go for 3.0m, am paying rent o o).

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Jesude: 10:11am On Aug 04, 2008
I wan to thank the gurus in the house for there efforts to see that everybody is self guru in our own capacity in term of satellite setting.   after going through all that have been said here.   I was able to set my my own interslat 7/10 and nilesat.

I can only get  Nilesat (H) but i was unenable to get Nilesat (Vertical)

i wan the guru in the house to tell me what to do so that i can get Nilesat (Vertical)
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Jesude: 10:17am On Aug 04, 2008
I am using strong dish of 1.8m with strong decoder xx
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by babaegun(m): 10:43am On Aug 04, 2008
justx24:

@All
Good job All, please let us try and answer questions from lamer and Guru alike , i have asked questions here in the past and till date still no answer(e.g. What is the use or advantage of 2 C-band LNB on same dish , i understand having a C-band and a Ku-band on same dish, ), But you are all doing a good job. Thanks

Depending on the satellite you are trying to track, you may decide to install 2 C-band LNBs on a single dish (mostly stationary dishes). The logic behind using C & Ku bands on the same dish is also the same behind using C & C-bands on a single dish.

For example, If you are addicted to NEWS, Intelsat 907 at 27.5°W (VOA, NTA, NTA Plus etc) & NSS 7 at 22.0°W (CNN, France 24, Aljazeera Channels etc) are located at different degrees. If you have a dish that is stationary (ground mount type), you can track the two satellites using 2 different C-Band LNBs placed at those angles. However,a C & Ku band setups is much more popular.

In most cases, motorized dish setups are usually used to track multiple C-Band transponders.

Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2008
@baba_egun
Thank you my guy , think i get it , multiple LNB of same band is usually used for getting mutiple satelite on a stationary dish,
But when your dish is motorized its seem not necessary , think i feel you now , Thanks bro.

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by babaegun(m): 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2008
INTERPRETING LYNGSAT DATA
=====================

This will be useful to FTA Lovers. It is self explanatory.

Cheers

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Jesude: 2:15pm On Aug 04, 2008
Baba egun:

Please sorry to bother you, the pic u posted on page 40 help me alot , i was able to use that picture to locate or get Nilesat ( i was able to get atleast 15 channels on horizontal ) i don know what to do to get the rest channel, like MBC 1,2,3,4 and the rest
thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by linksman(m): 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2008
hi All grin,
pls can anyone confirm if daarsat have launched?? they promised starting test transmission from august 1st.
i have a complete 90cm dish setup dedicated to track their signal once they start broadcasting lying idle at the moment. so, anyone with any useful info on daarsat should please let me know.
cheers all grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 4:06pm On Aug 04, 2008
bodejohn:

@ all

i tried my might out on Nilesat with a 2.4m mesh dish.
The bird showed me that kaki no be leather.

2.4m mesh was my choice because of space contraints
and the fact that my supplier assured me i could pick the nauhgty bird on it.

i tried the dish on some other birds like Pas7/10, W4 and Nss 7.
I was suprised as i could not track W3 (7W) which i had ealier on a 90cm dish with the new dish.

I am using strong's c+ku combined lnbf with the dish.

My questions are:

1) Has anybody in the south west (probably Lagos or Ibadan)
been able to track the bird with a 2.4m mesh.

I am asking this question again because there has been no clear answers on the thread.

2) Am i doing something wrong on the elevation since i couldn't track W3 on the east?

3) If Nilesat is elusive to a 2.4m dish what are my other options. i plan to motorize the dish.

I am in Ibadan.

Thanks

u can get w3a with 2.4m net mesh dish in ibadan very well.u can also get some nilesat channels with the same dish,try this freq 10758v/27500.w3a is very tricky to track with mesh net dish but if i can get it here in ph u can easily get it in ibadan.u can also get aljazeera sprt 1 with ur dish 4125v/27500 @ arabsat 2b @ 30 degrees.
@ all
arabsat 2b cannot get in south south with 1.8m dish but with any 2.4m dish plz someone quote me wrong!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by babaegun(m): 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2008
Jesu de:

Baba egun:

Please sorry to bother you, the pic u posted on page 40 help me alot ,  i was able to use that picture to locate or get Nilesat ( i was able to get atleast 15 channels on horizontal ) i don know what to do to get the rest channel,  like MBC 1,2,3,4 and the rest
thanks.

I think you need to do the LNB skew thing. You need to turn the LNB clockwise or anticlockwise with the horizontal frequencies. You can get more info from "Prof" Enigma's handouts Here.

Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nwabunnia(m): 11:25pm On Aug 04, 2008
gofitech:

@Nwabunnia

i can tell you that 4654x firmware will work for you. i have used it before. anyway i hope the firm firmware is completely down loaded. and not corrupted.

Yes o! Thanks Gofitech, I tried it and it worked!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gofitech(m): 7:38am On Aug 05, 2008
@pitodenz

pls i will like to know if you can get badrc in port. if yes, with what size of dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sayso: 10:25am On Aug 05, 2008
toxnaija:

NILESAT users,
I am glad to serve you this gist-new stations are available
Showtime Discovery world on 12073 horizontal 27500.open with showtime keys.
Nickelodeon Arabia hits Middle East screens July 23 free to air (frequency 10775 h 27500 )
Nickelodeon Arabia, the Middle East's first Arabic-language, free-to-air channel dedicated exclusively to Arab kids aged 2-14 years old, is set to launch on Nilesat and Arabsat on 23 July 2008, delivering the very best in kids' multi-media entertainment.
Nilesat is sweet again.Even your kids are not left out now.
[color=#006600][/color]

toxnaija pls help me with the steps to imput codes for intelsat FTA  channels,my e-mail is anuliok@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by MrGem(m): 11:56am On Aug 05, 2008
@all
Good day to everybody.

@justx24
How far about my last request on w3 tracking?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2008
@ Mr. Gem

man am alwayse here , think i live here , but man u have to be ready to track the bird and load your phone with about 500naira credit and call me , we can track it together. u can call me , and i let you know what you need and we go tracking , also will be calling you too , am happy to be able to help anyone track that bird , but you have to be ready and call me .

08053334470, 08034707935

waitng to here from you , dont touch your dish yet from the current position we might have to work using that point as the reference point. Thanks

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ajiareg(m): 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2008
@mr gem, how much will you take if you want to help me install my 90cm dish for w3a possition, i was using it for Trend tv in Eutelsat w4 before. Am in Akure. Email-ajibolaaregbesola@yahoo.co.uk, tel-08062469532.
Thanks to guru in tha house

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.