Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,659 members, 7,889,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:41 AM

Please Advise: Should He Sell His Land Now or Later? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Advise: Should He Sell His Land Now or Later? (1032 Views)

Pls Kindly Advise, Should I Buy(online) From US Or Buy From Nigeria Here / Pls Advise:should I Sell It To Bank Or Church? / Should He Sell His House For Business Venture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise: Should He Sell His Land Now or Later? by dare2think: 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2011
A friend of mine just recently inherited a plot of land in Ajah, in one of those areas close to Epe . It is estimated at about N9 mill. He asked me if it would make sense to sell immediatley and invest in something else or just wait a few more years for the land to increase in value.

My advice: wait for atleast 2 more years.

Any acute business mind feels different?
Re: Please Advise: Should He Sell His Land Now or Later? by popoyeh(m): 9:54pm On Sep 29, 2011
What business was he involved in b4 inheritting, what are his hobbies, has he gotten any prior technical experience, what is he passionate about etc?

Some of these questions need to be answered b4 you can know what business to delve into. Since you have advised him positively to wait for a while before disposing the land, I'll give the advice that he begin to get the necessary trainning in the field where he intends to do business.
Re: Please Advise: Should He Sell His Land Now or Later? by pricepoint: 6:19am On Sep 30, 2011
For investment,Buying Diamonds is best choice of mine.

Because there is no industry standard or diamond, silver and other metals and gold. So there are no predefined criteria which the future can be estimated diamond market. In general, people used to buy diamonds to show their status and personal pleasure. I do not buy diamonds turn on the big investment after some time.
Re: Please Advise: Should He Sell His Land Now or Later? by dare2think: 11:29am On Sep 30, 2011
popoyeh:

What business was he involved in b4 inheritting, what are his hobbies, has he gotten any prior technical experience, what is he passionate about etc?

Some of these questions need to be answered b4 you can know what business to delve into. Since you have advised him positively to wait for a while before disposing the land, I'll give the advice that he begin to get the necessary trainning in the field where he intends to do business.

He is into internet marketing.

Do you have any idea how much a 9mill property might be worth in 2 years?
Re: Please Advise: Should He Sell His Land Now or Later? by mbatuku1: 8:09pm On Sep 30, 2011
I'll suggest he thinks of a lucrative, low risk business to do and use the land as collateral to get loan. If he knows what he's doing he gets a business and still keep the land after the repayment.

Alternatively, if the property is located in busy area, he can contact some saving and loans organisations to help him build a shopping plaza on the site.(there should be some kind of agreement between parties in this)
Re: Please Advise: Should He Sell His Land Now or Later? by popoyeh(m): 7:16am On Oct 02, 2011
dare2think:

He is into internet marketing.

Do you have any idea how much a 9mill property might be worth in 2 years?

I know nothing of internet marketing.

Personally, I would say, theres no definite price it can be or cannot be worth. Several factors will determine its rate of appreciation. Its location, the level of development in the immediate vicinity/Locality, the state of the plot (Solid or Muddy/Swampy) etc. But, considering the ongoing widening of the Lekki - Epe Express Way and the proposed social infrastructure development plans (Airport, Seaport, Stadium, LFTZ etc) of the present administration in the Lekki Axis, it will appreciate excellently more than many other investment instruments will.ll.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Your Website Worth, Nairaland Is: / Am A Military Man Serving In Abuja.iav 300k. wot Biz Do I Go 4. / I Have A Confession To Make...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.