Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! (7380 Views)

TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! / Tinubu Vs Peter Obi: 8th June 2023 Live Court Updates / 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by walex2(m): 4:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
UstazAhmed:

DO you mean that outside these ones mentioned no other lawyer is good with election tribunal cases?
those three guys I mentioned never lost an election case where their clients are the defendants in an election case
Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by suxkill: 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:

No,in their petition,they wrote ,11 states not 21

Lp petiitioned 11 states and others. Not 11 states as you quoted that dude

Stop been smart by half NL lawyer

10 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by chizidgreat(m): 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2023
Thanks for sharing
We're following up
Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

Prof Paul:

The Petitioners now tender certified true copies of Forms EC8Cs in respect of 23 LGAs of Sokoto State duly obtained from INEC.

All Respondents:

They vehemently oppose the admissibility of the documents and reserve reasons to their final address..

CORRECTION:

The court just corrected the Exhibits tag of Rivers State, they documents of Forms EC8Cs from Rivers State are now tagged Exhibits PBA1-23

The Court:

The bundles Certified True Copies of Forms EC8Cs in respect to 20 LGAs of Sokoto State are hereby admitted into evidence and marked as Exhibits PBB1-23 accordingly.

My Lord mistakenly didn't take the 4th Resp objection, says it's becoming monotonous . cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by Ddeliverer007(m): 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:

Obi's three weeks will soon expire.one and half weeks wasted

Are you not supposed to be happy? So shut da fvck up..

20 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by garfield1: 5:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
suxkill:

11 states and others. Not 11 states as you quoted that dude

The others is unspecific and vague,ambiguous and in law,such is not allowed.they should have amended it and wrote the states included there.parties are bound by their pleadings son
Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by garfield1: 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ddeliverer007:

Are you not supposed to be happy? So shut da fvck up..

Tell that to adaobi
Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

CORRECTION:

The court just corrected the Exhibits tag of Rivers State, they documents of Forms EC8Cs from Rivers State are now tagged Exhibits PBA1-23

The Court:

The bundles Certified True Copies of Forms EC8Cs in respect to 20 LGAs of Sokoto State are hereby admitted into evidence and marked as Exhibits PBB1-23 accordingly.

My Lord mistakenly didn't take the 4th Resp objection, says it's becoming monotonous . cheesy

UP NEXT ; EKITI STATE !

Prof Paul:

The Petitioners now tender certified true copies of Forms EC8Cs in respect of 16 LGAs of Ekiti State duly obtained from INEC.

All Respondents:

They all object to the admissibility of the documents and shall advance reasons at final written address..

2 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

UP NEXT ; EKITI STATE !

Prof Paul:

The Petitioners now tender certified true copies of Forms EC8Cs in respect of 16 LGAs of Ekiti State duly obtained from INEC.

All Respondents:

They all object to the admissibility of the documents and shall advance reasons at final written address..

One INEC Lawyer said he wanted to 'return the mandate' given to him by the INEC Lead Counsel to conduct proceedings.

In my mind, I said 'that's how Tinubu will return the mandate to INEC and they will issue it to the rightful owner'.

We no dey play here.

12 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

One INEC Lawyer said he wanted to 'return the mandate' given to him by the INEC Lead Counsel to conduct proceedings.

In my mind, I said 'that's how Tinubu will return the mandate to INEC and they will issue it to the rightful owner'.

We no dey play here.

The Court:

The bundles Certified True Copies of Forms EC8Cs in respect to 16 LGAs of Ekiti State are hereby admitted into evidence and marked as Exhibits PBC1-16 accordingly.

As the court pleases.

2 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

The Court:

The bundles Certified True Copies of Forms EC8Cs in respect to 16 LGAs of Ekiti State are hereby admitted into evidence and marked as Exhibits PBC1-16 accordingly.

As the court pleases.

So far the record from our lawyers show we have tendered the following form EC8Cs:

10 LGA in Ebonyi were tendered
16 LGA in EKITI state
18 LGA form EC8Cs in Edo State
20 LGA form EC8Cs in Lagos State
25 LGA form EC8Cs in Niger State
18 LGA in Ondo State
33 LGA in Oyo State
23 LGA in Rivers State
23 LGA in Sokoto State

These were all rendered and all respondents objected to the admissibility of the evidences and stated their reasons would be given in their final address.

We all cannot wait to see that final address.

Justice Tsammani admitted all these forms EC8Cs as evidences before the court and tagged them as exhibits.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

So far the record from our lawyers show we have tendered the following form EC8Cs:

10 LGA in Ebonyi were tendered
16 LGA in EKITI state
18 LGA form EC8Cs in Edo State
20 LGA form EC8Cs in Lagos State
25 LGA form EC8Cs in Niger State
18 LGA in Ondo State
33 LGA in Oyo State
23 LGA in Rivers State
23 LGA in Sokoto State

These were all rendered and all respondents objected to the admissibility of the evidences and stated their reasons would be given in their final address.

We all cannot wait to see that final address.

Justice Tsammani admitted all these forms EC8Cs as evidences before the court and tagged them as exhibits.

UP NEXT ; DELTA STATE.

Prof Paul proceeds;

The Petitioners now tender certified true copies of Forms EC8Cs in respect of 25 LGAs of Delta State obtained from INEC.

All Respondents:

They object to the admissibility of the documents and reserve reasons for their final written address.
Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by Dannykool(m): 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:

It is easy for the defence

Yeah like they used to say, the burden of prove lies on the shoulders of the claimant.
Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by garfield1: 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2023
Dannykool:

Yeah like they used to say, the burden of prove lies on the shoulders of the claimant.

Yes but it can shift to the side of the defence if the plaintiffs can satisfy the burden.

1 Like

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by suxkill: 5:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:

The others is unspecific and vague,ambiguous and in law,such is not allowed.they should have amended it and wrote the states included there.parties are bound by their pleadings son

You want them to mention all the lgc according to you, not the court or law.

The conjunction "and" should tell you that there are more areas the petitioner will present too.

Btw l don't think you are older than me.

7 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

UP NEXT ; DELTA STATE.

Prof Paul proceeds;

The Petitioners now tender certified true copies of Forms EC8Cs in respect of 25 LGAs of Delta State obtained from INEC.

All Respondents:

They object to the admissibility of the documents and reserve reasons for their final written address.

The Court:

The bundles Certified True Copies of Forms EC8Cs in respect to 25 LGAs of Delta State are hereby admitted into evidence and marked as Exhibits PBD1-25 accordingly.

As the court pleases.
Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:19pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

The Court:

The bundles Certified True Copies of Forms EC8Cs in respect to 25 LGAs of Delta State are hereby admitted into evidence and marked as Exhibits PBD1-25 accordingly.

As the court pleases.

One woman in court is seen slapping her leg... I didn't know that mosquitoes also came to witness how their mandate will be returned too..

I'm not shocked though. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

One woman in court is seen slapping her leg... I didn't know that mosquitoes also came to witness how their mandate will be returned too..

I'm not shocked though. cheesy

Prof. Paul:

the Petitioners just informed the court that they will now PROCEED TO FORMS EC8Ds FOR THE 36 STATES AND (AND OH, NOT OR) THE FCT.

3 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by GboyegaD(m): 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2023
walex2:
those three guys I mentioned never lost an election case where their clients are the defendants in an election case

There's always a first time. Perhaps, in the past, there's not been sufficient evidence, the prosecuting lawyers are not well learned/prepared enough, justice was subverted, etc.

6 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

Prof. Paul:

the Petitioners just informed the court that they will now PROCEED TO FORMS EC8Ds FOR THE 36 STATES AND (AND OH, NOT OR) THE FCT.

Transcript;

SAN Ananaba paul: My lord let us accommodate my request to move back to the 4th schedule to tender the form EC8Ds

Justice Tsammani: Page what ?

SAN Ananaba paul: Page 76 my lord
I wish to tender the form EC8Ds of the 36 States AND the FCT
My lord AND the FCT cheesy

SAN Ananaba paul is shaking tables
Why is he shouting AND FCT like that
? cheesy

The justices are all laughing cheesy

11 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by meolaniyi(m): 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:

Obi's three weeks will soon expire.one and half weeks wasted
l thought that should make you happy. Why are you crying

11 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

Transcript;

SAN Ananaba paul: My lord let us accommodate my request to move back to the 4th schedule to tender the form EC8Ds

? cheesy

Now to Objections.

1st Respondent:

They object to the admissibility of the documents and shall advance reasons for objecting in their final address.

2nd and 3rd Respondents:

They object to the admissibility of all the documents and reasons will be indicated in final address.

4th Respondent:

They object to the admissibility of the documents sought to be tendered and shall provide their reasons at the time of final written address.

The Court:

The bundles Certified True Copies of Forms EC8Ds in respect to 35 State of the Federation and the FCT are hereby admitted into evidence and marked as Exhibits PDE1-37 accordingly.

As the court pleases.

3 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by garfield1: 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2023
suxkill:

You want them to mention all the lgc according to you, not the court or law.

The conjunction "and" should tell you that there are more areas the petitioner will present too.

Btw l don't think you are older than me.

He must mention the states specifically or at least inform the defence on time.failure to do that has those additional documents
Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by garfield1: 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
GboyegaD:

There's always a first time. Perhaps, in the past, there's not been sufficient evidence, the prosecuting lawyers are not well learned/prepared enough, justice was subverted, etc.

Same thing is happening
Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

Now to Objections.

1st Respondent:

They object to the admissibility of the documents and shall advance reasons for objecting in their final address.

2nd and 3rd Respondents:

They object to the admissibility of all the documents and reasons will be indicated in final address.

4th Respondent:

They object to the admissibility of the documents sought to be tendered and shall provide their reasons at the time of final written address.

The Court:

The bundles Certified True Copies of Forms EC8Ds in respect to 35 State of the Federation and the FCT are hereby admitted into evidence and marked as Exhibits PDE1-37 accordingly.

As the court pleases.

Prof Paul:

He now applies to tender the national result, Form EC8DA.

Finally,
The 1st Respondent DOES NOT OBJECT TO THE DOCUMENT.

Everyone in court is surprised and little chuckles can be heard.

5 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

Prof Paul:

He now applies to tender the national result, Form EC8DA.

Finally,
The 1st Respondent DOES NOT OBJECT TO THE DOCUMENT.

Everyone in court is surprised and little chuckles can be heard.

Also, the 2nd and 3rd and 4th Respondents DOES NOT OBJECT TO THE ADMISSIBILITY OF THE DOCUMENTS.

Do you know why?

Simple, that's the document used in declaring Tinubu as President. That is why nobody is objecting.

Are you with me ?

16 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

Also, the 2nd and 3rd and 4th Respondents DOES NOT OBJECT TO THE ADMISSIBILITY OF THE DOCUMENTS.

Do you know why?

Simple, that's the document used in declaring Tinubu as President. That is why nobody is objecting.

Are you with me ?

The Court:

The bundles Certified True Copies of Form EC8DA in respect of the National Result are hereby admitted without Objection into evidence and marked as Exhibits PBF accordingly.

As the court pleases.

1 Like

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by suxkill: 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:

He must mention the states specifically or at least inform the defence on time.failure to do that has those additional documents

They judges can give the defendants more time to look into it (petitions) if they claim to be unaware.

1 Like

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

The Court:

The bundles Certified True Copies of Form EC8DA in respect of the National Result are hereby admitted without Objection into evidence and marked as Exhibits PBF accordingly.

As the court pleases.

NOW TO THE FORMS EC40G.

My Lords are asking whether Prof Paul is looking at the time because they've been here since 9am.

Leader of the Petitioners Team signals and Prof. Paul notes that they will like to stand down and continue tomorrow.

There are no objections from all parties to adjourn the hearing till tomorrow and the Court, have at this time 5:36pm, adjourned the matter till tomorrow Thursday June 8, 2023 at 2pm for continuation of hearing.

The lead Justice, Hon. Justice Tsammani thanks members of the bar for their cooperation and thanks members of the public for making themselves available and hope that this cooperation will continue until the day of judgment.

4 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by KanielOutis92: 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

Transcript;

? cheesy

Hehehehe... I see what he did there

5 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
IamV:

NOW TO THE FORMS EC40G.

My Lords are asking whether Prof Paul is looking at the time because they've been here since 9am.

Leader of the Petitioners Team signals and Prof. Paul notes that they will like to stand down and continue tomorrow.

There are no objections from all parties to adjourn the hearing till tomorrow and the Court, have at this time 5:36pm, adjourned the matter till tomorrow Thursday June 8, 2023 at 2pm for continuation of hearing.

The lead Justice, Hon. Justice Tsammani thanks members of the bar for their cooperation and thanks members of the public for making themselves available and hope that this cooperation will continue until the day of judgment.

We are done for today.

Thanks to everyone stayed around & kept this threading going,whether as an opponent or proponent,you guys are the real MVP.

I appreciate,and once more,we go harder tomorrow, irrespective of what the moderators will do to our threads.

On all honesty,I would have loved it to be on nairaland frontpage,but since that's not happening anytime soon,we are not going to be deterred !

WE GO HARDER TOMORROW!

#Onelove.

17 Likes

Re: 7TH JUNE 2023 ; Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
All this evidence Is making Garfield 1 paranoid

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG To Establish Poverty Alleviation Trust Fund - Betta Edu / Phcn System Collapse Plunges Country Into Darkness / Court Throws-Out Petition Against Oshiomole's Qualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.