Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:36 AM

Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu (30864 Views)

Anxiety In 25 States As Govs, 324 Others Move Against Election Results / APC Primary: Buhari To Take Final Decision As Govs Failed To Reach Consensus / APC Crisis: Govs Back Down As Buhari Supports Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Parachoko: 1:51pm On Jun 08, 2023
grin
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Starhearts: 1:52pm On Jun 08, 2023
Corridon:
It has also reduced the number of vehicles on the road.

It has also reduced d number of hook up carry uber

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by SmartyPants(m): 1:53pm On Jun 08, 2023
This is the beauty of free market economics.

Remove subsidies and people will only buy the amount of petrol needed. Excessive, wasteful usage decreases, more people will walk, more people will use public transport.

Eventually the retail outlets will be forced to reduce the prices, leading to that beautiful marriage between demand and supply known as equilibrium.

Wonderful, beautiful, efficient.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Mickykarim: 1:53pm On Jun 08, 2023
Islie:
The rise in the price of petrol has reduced the level of patronage at filling stations as Nigerians grapple with the ripple effects of the…

https://dailytrust.com/subsidy-removal-filling-stations-record-low-sales-as-govs-back-tinubu/

THE FESTIVE SEASON IS OVER.

Here comes reality.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by lexy2014: 1:54pm On Jun 08, 2023
KingKO22:
I see PMS price depreciating any moment from now especially when there is competition among importers

BAT has done remarkably well within short period of time in office

I never regret voting and canvassing for you

What has Tinubu done remarkably well within short period of time in office?

How will PMS price depreciate any time now? Are marketers no longer interested in profit? I thought u guys said petrol price is a product of global crude oil price, landing cost and transportation cost and PMS price has be high to cover these costs? Have these prices depreciated?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Ayodeoba: 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2023
It will also reduce traffic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Genea(f): 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2023
Lol, the suffering just started...

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Gbeng30(m): 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2023
What a start in this new administration, one things that I know is we can't continue do the same things the same way and expect a different result...he who fail to plan ,plan to fail
Nigeria administration need a man with plan and strategy to tackle all this problem... Not people with ambitions to become president to have power, money and fame..

And its obvious we're parading the same set of people as a leader and definitely we're going to get the same result....

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by NinjaMetahuman: 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2023
ZombiePUNISHER:
undecided

Governors Back Tinubu's Subsidy removal

But in 2012 when Jonathan did same

The then Lagos State Governor and APc organized a protest against subsidy removal..
They mocked Jonathan
Taunted him and even carried a coffin.

There are levels to evil.
it's not 2012 anymore.

Move the fhuck on.

7 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Utanisco(m): 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2023
It has also reduced the number of girls going to guys houses lately

I support fuel subsidy biko

11 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Basic123: 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2023
ZombiePUNISHER:
undecided

The then Lagos State Governor and APc organized a protest against subsidy removal..
They mocked Jonathan

AND GEJ chickened out ,making him a weak leader.

Now NLC,OBIDIENTS barked like dogs,Tinubu forged on,showing he knows what he is doing ans he is not weak....he is not under control of any cabals or marketers bully

12 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by yusman493(m): 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2023
KingKO22:
I see PMS price depreciating any moment from now especially when there is competition among importers

Tumour don't have sense, OMS will be up to 700 per lit before Dec 2023

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by staneless(m): 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2023
That's the best way to react to this subsidy removal. Stop buying fuel for the mean time... Price will surely drop

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by lexy2014: 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2023
SmartyPants:
This is the beauty of free market economics.

Remove subsidies and people will only buy the amount of petrol needed. Excessive, wasteful usage decreases, more people will walk, more people will use public transport.

Eventually the retail outlets will be forced to reduce the prices, leading to that beautiful marriage between demand and supply known as equilibrium.

Wonderful, beautiful, efficient.

How have the average consumer of fuel in Nigeria been buying excessive fuel and wasting the fuel?

Why will retail outlets be forced to reduce prices?

I thought you guys said petrol price is a product of global crude oil price, landing cost and transportation cost and PMS price has be high to cover these costs? Have these prices depreciated?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by ppogba: 1:59pm On Jun 08, 2023
The breakfast is going round.

4 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by lexy2014: 2:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
Basic123:

AND GEJ chickened out ,making him a weak leader.

Now NLC,OBIDIENTS barked like dogs,Tinubu forged on,showing he knows what he is doing ans he is not weak....he is not under control of any cabals or marketers bully

How did Tinubu forge on? I thought he begged the NLC not to.embark on strike?

6 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by lexy2014: 2:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
Ayodeoba:
It will also reduce traffic

Were?
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by fmonigent(m): 2:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
KingKO22:

Your own better nah

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by CasNova(m): 2:02pm On Jun 08, 2023
Nigerians will adjust. The subsidy is a scam that must go.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by worksmart(m): 2:02pm On Jun 08, 2023
Remember that in December Mr President has another gift waiting for us, he is going to finally withdraw the old Naira notes, should make things even more chaotic grin , so much so we would even forget about fuel.

A few days of Tinubu and Nigerians already gaining an appreciation of how much better off we were under Buhari
Padipadi:
Una never see anything. Even me sef dey reason movement. I trek when I v to and go where it's necessary.
Everybody want to be mad so let's mad it.
We ll cope for as long as we can.
But, hmmm, but, if by December we no see the Koko of this subsidy, Tinubu, Nigerians ll drag your blokkos o!

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by millionboi2: 2:03pm On Jun 08, 2023
Manny21:
What do you expect? It is just a matter of time, the forces of demand and supply will force down the price. Most petrol marketers rely on small profits quick turnover. The 540 per litre is NNPC price. Some of them will start reducing their profit margin to be able to offload what they present store.
but non wil sell below nnpc price.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by tonywonder(m): 2:04pm On Jun 08, 2023
Nigerians survived Naira redesign although souls died; Nigeria will also survive the removal of fuel subsidy but souls will be depressed, some will fall sick and some will still die..... It's a raw truth!
Nigeria is not a country for the weak!

6 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by mpire: 2:05pm On Jun 08, 2023
ZombiePUNISHER:
undecided

They mocked Jonathan

Then Jonathan turned around and gave NNPC key to his girlfriend Diezani.
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by bonnyhope: 2:05pm On Jun 08, 2023
pandoragirigory:
The higher the price the lower the quantity demanded

Yeah......I think I still remember the law of dd in economics
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by mpire: 2:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
KingKO22:

What exactly has Tinubu done remarkably well again, he's not even been a month in office; is your brain hurting you? Are you still campaigning?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Kobicove(m): 2:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hmmmm

Since almost four days now I never drive my lexus

Any how waka way nor make sense I nor dey go

I better relax for house dey smoke and drink...even if I want go beer parlour....na the one way dey near me..the one treckable

The 36k full tank way I buy I go make sure say I manage till next year

grin
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
pandoragirigory:
The higher the price the lower the quantity demanded
d lower d growth of d economy...

hw is ur oga going to achieve GDP growth of 6% ?

another perfect excuse 4 failure loading...

cool

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by Kobicove(m): 2:08pm On Jun 08, 2023
mpire:

Then Jonathan turned around and gave[b] NNPP[/b] key to his girlfriend Diezani.

I'm sure you meant NNPC
Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by bonnyhope: 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2023
Racoon:
All the wicked demons in government since 2015 were shouting fuel subsidy was a fraud but ended up committing the same fraud for the 8 years of their miserable reign.

Now they suddenly see the compulsive reason to do away with this economic disaster that ought to have been avoided since 2012. Playing partisan politics with a sensitive national issue they have zilch knowledge about.

Their excuse was that Jonathan govt will squander the money...... imagine the rubbish.....claiming to be holier than everyone...and the gullible like Soyinka, Bakare & Co fell for that.......We have bunch of useless educated people in this country

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: Filling Stations Record Low Sales As Govs Back Tinubu by worksmart(m): 2:10pm On Jun 08, 2023
Nigerians instead of striking, just boycott buying fuel for 3days and watch the price drop. When you do resuming buying boycott nnpc filling stations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard / Boko Haram Takes Over Nigerian Navy Base On Lake Chad - Sahara Reporters / Soludo Submits Anambra State's “VISION-2070” Perspective Development Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.