Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,906 members, 7,872,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

I Want To Run Away From Home - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Run Away From Home (20127 Views)

Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / Parents, Don't Allow Your Kids To Run To Meet You When You Return Home. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 1:20pm On Jun 10, 2023
writeprof:

Remember Joseph. Remember Esther. Remember God is taking you somewhere great. So, remain in Christ as you claim He is in you. Stay put where you are and shine your light. Focus on God.

If you didn't have a father won't you make it in life? I don't wish your father dead. But I learnt that anyone can disappoint especially your parents. My father did when I was in JSS 3. How? He died.

God bless you.

I'm blessed by your words!
I'm grateful!
You'll never experience hardship in life! When you call for one, thousands will answer you and when you call for thousands, millions will surround you. You'd never be found lacking or wanting.
Thanks bro 🌹

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Emmanuel30a: 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:
I'm just an eighteen years old female child who would be turning nineteen in Five months time.
I'm a little girl with the brains of a wise old man.
I'm a counselor, motivational speaker, inspirational writer and an upcoming writer.
Nobody knows me as "Girlee"; not even me. I know that's stupid. I just had to come up with this "Girlee" I really don't fancy.
For some reasons I still can't decipher, I couldn't create an account here with my actual "social media" name (still my real name though).
I've counselled the married, singles and those in courtship. I've motivated so many and inspired a whole lot on the planet and things turned out great for them. But the thing is: who will and can counsel the counselor?

Tonight, I'm broken as I've never been before.
I've sat for jamb thrice now and in all, I scored above 200.
Why didn't I gain admission?

Continuation...
Are u asking me...? I mean, wud u be asking me; if&wen u don't know me&don't wanna know me??
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Hamachi(f): 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2023
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Divaan: 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:
I'm just an eighteen years old female child who would be turning nineteen in Five months time.
I'm a counselor, motivational speaker, inspirational writer and an upcoming writer.
Nobody knows me as "Girlee"; not even me. I know that's stupid. I just had to come up with this "Girlee" I really don't fancy.
For some reasons I still can't decipher, I couldn't create an account here with my actual "social media" name (still my real name though).
I've counselled the married, singles and those in courtship. I've motivated so many and inspired a whole lot on the planet and things turned out great for them. But the thing is: who will and can counsel the counselor?

Continuation...

Dear, you are welcome to the world. It is at this age reality sets in for many underprivileged or disadvantaged youths in Nigeria and the time many a youths are tempted to make drastic life's decisions that may end in premium tears. This is what happens when there is no proper guidance or a safe place to run to. I would have said you should seek counselling in a good church, that can support you and intervene in your family issues for your own good but unfortunately many churches today are either after your money or only after your spirituality. Your daddy building a house may be his own sure way of keeping an asset that would yield him salary in his old age. He may be acting out of fear. Sadly, this is the vicious cycle in many low-income earning homes and that is why you may be feeling neglected. He may think that you do not need to rush as your schooling could wait. He sees a pressing need to build his house for a security of his own future too. Also note that when A is unhappy, the unhappiness passes to B , then to C and when needs and expectations are not met, the whole environs became toxic and unbearable. This is the sad reality. My one pence advise I know to give is:

1. Be strong, stay resilient and fight. Fight the problem to win. Don't commit suicide. Millions are also facing same problem and worse issues than yours and are still fighting.Peradventure, they could win.

2. If or should you run away from home, seek a proper refuge. You could stay in an orphanage home, or with your pastors or a good aunt but please, let your parent or siblings be in the know as to where you are. Do not fall into the hands of female eaters and virgin hunters.

3. Seek a solution to passing your exams by reading voraciously, practice more past questions and devote more time to study, study, study. Select a course that is professional, lucrative and life fulfilling for your own future.

4. Work and pray. Seek work in places like schools or shops that close early. That way, you have time to refresh and sleep or better still. You could sell things like clothes, shoes or bags to students or in the markets. That way, your time is at your discretion. Pray. Pray as this is the thing we have to do in this part of the world to get favours, grace and opportunity.

5. Seek information and opportunities for young school leavers like yourself. Scholarship? Free vocational paid trainings? Etc.

6. Speak out. Yes. Tell people about what you're passing through. There are many angels as much as there are demons.

7. Wait. Time changes a lot of things. Time could change your state and life entirely. If it doesn't, it could change the way you perceive and relate with your own reality.

I wish you well in your journey and pray you don't make too many mistakes.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 1:24pm On Jun 10, 2023
Venekconsultt:
Op they are more to life. So give it another chance

Sure thing!
I'm grateful for your kind words.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Dancebreaker: 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Op one Customer don show.

More to Come. Them don hear 18 Years Old. Their Mustache don Standgrin

Go check your DM. Some of them will be shy to reach out to you on here.
Dude, some people may genuinely want to help.
You can advise the young woman on how not to fall prey.

We need organised charitable groups on whose doors people like the OP can knock and seek help. She could easily be a daughter to many Nairalanders.

Evolutionlove, I want to believe that you have enough humanity in you to assist people like this young woman in real life.
While some do nefarious things out of greed, a lot of young women go into oloshoism for simple reasons of genuine need or lack.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Emmanuel30a: 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

Continuation...
But if u asks me,"who I go ask"? U don't,may not&don't wanna kno...Seems u are...blessed...?
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2023
Divaan:

Dear, you are welcome to the world. It is at this age reality sets in for many underprivileged or disadvantaged youths in Nigeria and the time many a youths are tempted to make drastic life's decisions that may end in premium tears. This is what happens when there is no proper guidance or a safe place to run to. I would have said you should seek counselling in a good church, that can support you and intervene in your family issues for your own good but unfortunately many churches today are either after your money or only after your spirituality. Your daddy building a house may be his own sure way of keeping an asset that would yield him salary in his old age. He may be acting out of fear. Sadly, this is the vicious cycle in many low-income earning homes and that is why you may be feeling neglected. He may think that you do not need to rush as your schooling could wait. He sees a pressing need to build his house for a security of his own future too. Also note that when A is unhappy, the unhappiness passes to B , then to C and when needs and expectations are not met, the whole environs became toxic and unbearable. This is the sad reality. My one pence advise I know to give is:

1. Be strong, stay resilient and fight. Fight the problem to win. Don't commit suicide. Millions are also facing same problem and worse issues than yours and are still fighting.Peradventure, they could win.

2. If or should you run away from home, seek a proper refuge. You could stay in an orphanage home, or with your pastors or a good aunt but please, let your parent or siblings be in the know as to where you are. Do not fall into the hands of female eaters and virgin hunters.

3. Seek a solution to passing your exams by reading voraciously, practice more past questions and devote more time to study, study, study. Select a course that is professional, lucrative and life fulfilling for your own future.

4. Work and pray. Seek work in places like schools or shops that close early. That way, you have time to refresh and sleep or better still. You could sell things like clothes, shoes or bags to students or in the markets. That way, your time is at your discretion. Pray. Pray as this is the thing we have to do in this part of the world to get favours, grace and opportunity.

5. Seek information and opportunities for young school leavers like yourself. Scholarship? Free vocational paid trainings? Etc.

6. Speak out. Yes. Tell people about what you're passing through. There are many angels as much as there are demons.

7. Wait. Time changes a lot of things. Time could change your state and life entirely. If it doesn't, it could change the way you perceive and relate with your own reality.

I wish you well in your journey and pray you don't make too many mistakes.

You're an angel!
I really appreciate this. I'm grateful...
I'd do just as you've said.
God bless you! Your kind is rare🌹

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by writeprof(m): 1:29pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

I'm blessed by your words!
I'm grateful!
You'll never experience hardship in life! When you call for one, thousands will answer you and when you call for thousands, millions will surround you. You'd never be found lacking or wanting.
Thanks bro 🌹

Amen. Thank you.
Our life experiences are meant to make us love and serve God better and not to be bitter with anyone.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Divaan: 1:31pm On Jun 10, 2023
Note: one free paid vocational training I know is:

FSD VTE Academy
13 Acme crescent, off Acme Road, Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos.

You can talk to any of the staff there and you could be assisted with a free accommodation but I guarantee you a good free paid vocational training and internship with them.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Dancebreaker: 1:31pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

Sure thing!
I'm grateful for your kind words.

Young woman, at 18, you have not even started life yet really. I know you may feel otherwise but there is nothing you still cannot do. From getting your degree to becoming minister or even president.
Don't run away. You are too intelligent to do that.

Your dad may not be as financially buoyant as you may think. Be patient and keep being a good daughter to your family and society. Help will surely locate you.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Postinor: 1:33pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

Course: Nursing
University: Uniben
State of origin: Edo state

Yeah! Thanks a lot.
You're one of many reasons I won't give up.
Have it in mind that you've contributed to my greatness and I appreciate
let me advice u, with ur jamb score I am not really sure uniben will give you nursing, so I would advice u buy a change of course form and change to optometry or other courses with low cut off mark,as it is better to get something related to medical courses than for uniben to transfer u to unprofessional courses, also u said u didn't gain admission at all last year,are u sure you uploaded ur o'level results to ur jamb caps and kofa page,,all in all don't give up,prove them wrong and also never sell ur body for money

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 1:34pm On Jun 10, 2023
Dancebreaker:

Young woman, at 18, you have not even started life yet really. I know you may feel otherwise but there is nothing you still cannot do. From getting your degree to becoming minister or even president.
Don't run away. You are too intelligent to do that.

Your dad may not be as financially buoyant as you may think. Be patient and keep being a good daughter to your family and society. Help will surely locate you.

Amen!!
Thanks a lot.
I so much appreciate you. I'm grateful 🙏
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by grandstar(m): 1:34pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

Yeah! Thanks a lot.

I see you have a habit of self glorification. It isn't good. Let others be the one to praise you. (Read Proverbs 27:2)

If what you said is true in regards to your dad is true, its sad.Your father should give his all for your success. Nursing is a very good course, with the opportunity to travel overseas thereafter.

Think of some ingenious but righteous way to make money.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2023
untoldtruth:
Girlee, Girlee hmmmm.
Search for Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy, you'll sha decode the undecoded you think you have decoded. Ya know what I mean? It's not a long read and you're clearly smart enough to pirate it off the internet.

Now you just told her nothing.
I was expecting you advice her to remain in her parents place until she sorts things out in the regard of going to school or front her with a genuine advice (that does not include her shagging a man). I'm trying to understand what lyrics or whatever has got to do with her upbringing and life here.
How about you come out clean and be of help, than uncoding and decoding and cybercoding.
It's a waste of writing time dude.

Mxm
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2023
Postinor:
let me advice u, with ur jamb score I am not really sure uniben will give you nursing, so I would advice u buy a change of course form and change to optometry or other courses with low cut off mark,as it is better to get something related to medical courses than for uniben to transfer u to unprofessional courses, also u said u didn't gain admission at all last year,are u sure you uploaded ur o'level results to ur jamb caps and kofa page,,all in all don't give up,prove them wrong and also never sell ur body for money

I'm rethinking the definition of family. My teacher defined family to be a group of people related by blood but I'm seeing people encouraging me, calling to lift my spirit, helps from people I don't know, doing what my family rarely does.

Last night, I slept in my tears but today, I'm in tears and it's a different kind of tears 😭😭
God will bless you all for me...

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by onotiemoria(m): 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2023
Don't give dear, God is preparing you for something bigger and greater.

Don't be discouraged by your dad's attitude, I'll urge you to be more prayerful and closer to God. You'll be great in life.

Send m an email: tonotiemoria@gmail.com

Let's see how I can be of help.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Dancebreaker: 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

Yeah! Thanks a lot.
My dear, if it was possible, I would have advised you to try applying to a Northern University like Sokoto Dan Fodio for nursing. Sokoto is quite safe mostly. Cut-off marks are lower.

Also consider Radiography if they won't give you nursing. It's in demand and less hard work than nursing.
You can also try midwifery route. So you have options. Explore your extended family. An uncle, cousin or aunt somewhere may be willing to support. No need to be shy about seeking genuine help.

Many of us have supported extended family members through education over the years.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Mom007(f): 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2023
This your dad that you are describing here, what's the guarantee that if you get admission, he will pay your fees? You have to be smarter about getting money from him than just asking outright. He is your dad, you know him better. When I was younger, if I and my siblings ask my dad for money for clothes, he either refuses or gives us peanuts. But ask for something academic, you will see money rain. Maybe your dad is a member of the 'school na scam' club. Try to be creative. Also, don't leave home without a sure thing you are doing for enough cash to look after your self else forget these values you claim you have, you will fall into prostitution. You said you have like a blog of something where you advice people.. Ever tried monitising it? Or opening a go fund me with this your story? I dunno but try something smart. Create a niche for yourself like Hilda bassey. Also, seek Gods help in earnest heartfelt prayers. He still answers you know. Chat me if you need someone to talk to. All the best little sis.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by dafeoroyo: 1:49pm On Jun 10, 2023
Escapist:

What about about your mum?

Great question
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2023
Anny69:
Sponsor her. You have a thing for girls offering that course.

TF

Well-done stalker
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Eileene(f): 1:51pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

Continuation...
Hi Girlee what part of Edo state do you reside i think we should link up... I'm in said institution and I've a close friend in the same course you are aspiring for.. I think Uniben postutme is not out now or is it the one of ubth you are on about cos that's the only one that's out for now.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 1:53pm On Jun 10, 2023
Dancebreaker:

My dear, if it was possible, I would have advised you to try applying to a Northern University like Sokoto Dan Fodio for nursing. Sokoto is quite safe mostly. Cut-off marks are lower.

Also consider Radiography if they won't give you nursing. It's in demand and less hard work than nursing.
You can also try midwifery route. So you have options. Explore your extended family. An uncle, cousin or aunt somewhere may be willing to support. No need to be shy about seeking genuine help.

Many of us have supported extended family members through education over the years.

Yeah! I will consider your suggestion
Thanks a lot, I'm grateful
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Westerhoffe(m): 1:55pm On Jun 10, 2023
Anny69:
grin Lol.

wink

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 10, 2023
Borntosmoke:

You are 19 you still have a lot of age ahead of you. If you can switch into something like tech industry. It will really favour you. You can be a data analyst or a programmer. Pls don't give up🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏. I love you baby girl. I wish I can meet you physically to give you some hug to console you. Don't ever give up.

You love her baby girl🙄

Do you love me too because I’m a dude that’s needs help.

Do you wish to give me to hug and console me too.
I don’t think so because I no get soft breast for chest wayray
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2023
Mom007:
This your dad that you are describing here, what's the guarantee that if you get admission, he will pay your fees? You have to be smarter about getting money from him than just asking outright. He is your dad, you know him better. When I was younger, if I and my siblings ask my dad for money for clothes, he either refuses or gives us peanuts. But ask for something academic, you will see money rain. Maybe your dad is a member of the 'school na scam' club. Try to be creative. Also, don't leave home without a sure thing you are doing for enough cash to look after your self else forget these values you claim you have, you will fall into prostitution. You said you have like a blog of something where you advice people.. Ever tried monitising it? Or opening a go fund me with this your story? I dunno but try something smart. Create a niche for yourself like Hilda bassey. Also, seek Gods help in earnest heartfelt prayers. He still answers you know. Chat me if you need someone to talk to. All the best little sis.

I'll chat you up!
Thanks a lot!!!
You're amazing
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by toprealman: 2:03pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

Continuation...
Too much energy, over Sabi....just calm down.
You are a single teenager counseling the married Based on what experience.
Use your time to take care of you.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 2:09pm On Jun 10, 2023
dafeoroyo:

Great question

She's doesn't work for now.
She has tried so many businesses that later failed. And she's equally going through a lot.
My dad is the one everyone looks up to. He has never been a lovely husband to her. But she loves him and encourages us (her children) to do same. She is a mother. The woman didn't sleep last night but was just praying and I also heard her advising my dad.
My dad has left to work this morning. We'll be seeing him in the next 3 months...
God has already began his work in our lives through angels on Nairaland.
I appreciate you all🌹
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 10, 2023
I wish I was eighteen like you and had a father like yours. I would be happy and take advantage that no one wants to help but I was deceived. The people around me pretended that they will be of help but I was being played like pin pong lol. Now I will be 27 soon and in 100 level in that university you are aspiring for.

I know of a girl that is in 100 level nursing Uniben and she’s 26. Many are over 25 in 100 level and one beautiful thing about nursing or medicine and surgery. Is that there is no age discrimination.

Leave that family move to somewhere like Lagos. Go to the island you’ll see waiter jobs paying as high as 70k salary. You’ll be getting small tips that can make you not to touch your salary at all. If you save 40k for 4 years that’s like 2M. That should settle your tuition through school and feeding. If you enter 100 level at 24 and come out at 29. You can still serve at 30 and jet out of the country.

Stick to your morals don’t trade your body for money it never ends well

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Sirchiboy: 2:17pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

Continuation...
So sorry about what you are passing through.
All these things are just to make you strong and prepare you for a better tomorrow.
I know you have a better tomorrow so don't let the unpleasant relationship you have with your dad destroy that.
Running away is not the best solution but it will worsen the solution.
Mutually talk with your father.
Find out why she is treating you that way.
Maybe there is something you are doing that he dislikes.
No responsible Dad will allow his child to go through hardship or pain.
It is the dream of every parent to see their children happy and progress in life.
Don't be in a rush to enter school.
I will advise you to learn a skill like fashion, hair dressing, or any digital skill before you enter school so that you will use that skill to survive if the journey goes soar.
Where do you reside?
From your write it seems you reside in Delta State.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2023
toprealman:

Too much energy, over Sabi....just calm down.
You are a single teenager counseling the married Based on what experience.
Use your time to take care of you.

God made me so!
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Ikpongiton: 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

I'm a Christian so don't insult my personality.
I'm not a girl who can submit her body to a man she's not married to.

Benin girl claiming virgin.i can only believe you,if you pass egg .wear angle chain and pierce your nose,and run to Italy.abi you de learn work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Welcomes A Set Of Twins After 7 Years [photo] / Picture Of A Father Carrying His Child On His Back / What's The Most Important Thing A Father Can Do For His Children ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.