Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:26 AM

PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets (23872 Views)

Minister Lokpobiri: Kaduna Refinery Can Not Refine Nigeria Crude Oil / Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT / Lagos Template:Tinubu 100% Cannot Be Trusted To Sell NNPC Assets For $17.4 BN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by saysoo: 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2023
grin you do not sell your assets to fund an unaestaio investment. You can't sell your 1.4mbd and you want to produce 4mbd? So OPEC will bow to PBAT?

1 Like

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Web2020: 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2023
danilmo:

Pls can u back this up with evidence how PMB did something looks like this.. let's learn .
The noise from Tinubu camp is too much. I am still waiting for the exchange rate unification. Na noise will wan eat.
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by sandland: 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
Already he is doing more than I think.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by NOwazobia: 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
Web2020:
The Yoruba are just creating Articles to post in Nairaland. The same people who wrote the articles will also be the ones to praise it. All to show the world that Tinubu is working. That is how they wrote that Tinubu sacked NNPC GMD. At the same time, it was a lie from the pit of hell. His people will create the problem Tinubu would have.

Mark my words.
I have been having this same thought for sometime now.

In order to make Tinubu looks like the saviour, his media personnel have been creating lots of propaganda, and even attributing bills signed into law by the immediate past administration to Tinubu, such as the Electricity bill, Subsidy removal, Crypto legalisation and even border opening, which has already started in phases by the past administration.

Allow the man do his thing pending the electoral suit. But trying to white wash him as a genius through propaganda can only last too long, and everything will be once again expose, which will open the so called saviour to more ridiculed.

It is becoming irritating.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Lifestone(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
obyno82:

Oga for 3 months Buhari did more than this so make you chill abeg
Give examples of what Buhari did in first 3months

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by johnjose68: 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2023
Web2020:
I call on all Nigerians not to fall for all these propaganda machines deployed by Tinubus

Outside the sack of Emefiele, tell me any other action Tinubu has taken, if not propaganda. Is the exchange rate not still segregated? Having an official rate and parallel rate.

He should use the few months he has there well and stop all this deception. He is not doing campaigns

I remember how obi used to use all media propaganda machine to further his emi Lokan interest... looking for his mandate cheesy cheesy
He was going to all media houses, arise, ShopRite, Amala Mall... everywhere he believes his tiny voice will be captured to broadcast to his dummys.

Even where dem no invite am, I'm go carry himself go there...dunamis, airport (pretending to be boarding airplane with the masses using second class ticket grin). At times using flood victims to catch cruise... pretending to care for them...

He remain small make he go campaign for mortuary grin

The guy like media propaganda 😂😂😂😂

They even said he is always the first to mark attendance at the court everyday..granting interview up and down...such a du.nce cheesy

Dey play.

On ASIWAJU's mandate I stand ♾️

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by omoadeleye(m): 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2023
MarketDispatch:

Sell downs should not be a first priority without cleansing the industry.
Raise 17.4 bn to do what? If 17.4 bn is raised without purpose or plan, it will all be stolen again through another means .

Werey. Quack analyst,

Those who advised the president are professionals, so get away with your bad energy from here.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Web2020: 3:57pm On Jun 11, 2023
NOwazobia:
I have been having this same thought for sometime now.

In order to make Tinubu looks like the saviour, his media personnel have been creating lots of propaganda, and even attributing bills signed into law by the immediate past administration to Tinubu, such as the Electricity bill, Subsidy removal, Crypto legalisation and even border opening, which has already started in phases by the former organisation.

Allow the man do his thing pending the electoral suit. But trying to white wash him as a genius through propaganda can only last too long, and everything will be once again expose, which will open the so called saviour to more ridiculed.

It is becoming irritating.
It is too sad. Forcing food we do not want to eat down our throats.

1 Like

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by emerged01(m): 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2023
BloomingDale:

Thanks for the explanation. I’m going to have to do a research on what sell downs, selling down interests, JVs, minority positions and cash calls mean. 😀😀
🤣🤣🤣
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Kukutenla: 3:59pm On Jun 11, 2023
BloomingDale:

Thanks for the explanation. I’m going to have to do a research on what sell downs, selling down interests, JVs, minority positions and cash calls mean. 😀😀
He did not explain anything
He only copied and posted what is already in the op which you claimed not to understand.
He's a zombie
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Web2020: 4:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
johnjose68:

I remember how obi used to use all media propaganda machine to further his emi Lokan interest... looking for his mandate cheesy cheesy
He was going to all media houses, arise, ShopRite, Amala Mall... everywhere he believes his tiny voice will be captured to broadcast to his dummys.

Even where dem no invite am, I'm go carry himself go there...dunamis, airport (pretending to be boarding airplane with the masses using second class ticket grin).

He remain small make he go campaign for mortuary grin

The guy like media propaganda 😂😂😂😂

They even said he is always the first to mark attendance at the court everyday..granting interview up and down...such a du.nce cheesy

Dey play.

On ASIWAJU's mandate I stand ♾️
I hope you have a fuel station called "Asiwsju mandate I stand" where you buy your own fuel? If there is, let me know so that I can convert too.
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by KingOfTheDamned: 4:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
For 11 years, a country with a functional Navy lost over 46 billion dollars to crude oil theft. And no chief of naval staff has ever been called to answer, no suspect has ever been apprehended. Exactly how Tinubu plans to stop this, I do not know. But if it is the only thing he achieves together with stable electricity, then he is a god send.

My thoughts exactly. Al the FG could do was to give a thief in the name of Ateke Tom contract to guide pipeline

1 Like

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by KingOfTheDamned: 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
For 11 years, a country with a functional Navy lost over 46 billion dollars to crude oil theft. And no chief of naval staff has ever been called to answer, no suspect has ever been apprehended. Exactly how Tinubu plans to stop this, I do not know. But if it is the only thing he achieves together with stable electricity, then he is a god send.

My thoughts exactly. Al the FG could do was to give a thief in the name of Ateke Tom contract to guide pipeline

One good thing I see in this is that NNPCL will be stripped of decision making roles. Imagine not allowing themselves to be audited.
The president is smart. Cut down all NNPCL powers a d run I like a smal.agency
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Akpangbo: 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2023
MarketDispatch:

Sell downs should not be a first priority without cleansing the industry.
Raise 17.4 bn to do what? If 17.4 bn is raised without purpose or plan, it will all be stolen again through another means .

To recover what he spent before maybe kicked out.
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Kukutenla: 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2023
sotall:
undecided

This looks like someone is already stealing Atiku's ideas about selling NNPC.

Let him go ahead but give credit to Atiku who emphasized it.
I tire o. They want to divest NNPC JVs so as to rake in short term cash. The question is if NNPC have the competence to run as an oil company without technical partnership.
Who will they sell the JVs to? Friends and cronies!!
Yet Atiku was demonised in 2019. This man and his goons have dragged this nation backwards terribly just because of his personal ambition

1 Like

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by nnamdi640: 4:14pm On Jun 11, 2023
Same thing Atiku said he will do which was used against him by APC.
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by ChonchaLib: 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
BloomingDale:
I don’t understand half of the write up but it sounds very intelligent. 😀😀

Essentially selling off the 55/60% stake held on behalf of nnpc by napims(now nnpc uims).it never worked because napims was never on time or diligent with its cash call obligations. the proportion of ownership in a JV comes with commensurate investment and operational obligations. Something that was never developed beyond paper/mouth.
This was detrimental to the devt of fields/production and also a window for dispute with IOCs. Made Nigerian energy industry not as attractive as it should be.

So Tinubu is telling them to sell off their stakes (very attractive to buyers the world over) who would happily take up the requisite obligations and focus on regulation. At the same time, nnpc ltd is now longer a policy maker (like when dpr was functionally under/attached to it) . Therefore, proper business decisions will be made across the board. Well ideally.

Good thing is that you actually get to invest in producing assets and other prospective ones and thereby increase production. There's also gonna be a few billion usd (the estimated 17.4 in this case) realized from the sale of the JV stakes which will be put to other use. Esp in this post subsidy environment.

So this is fantastic. That 4 million / day was supposed to be accomplished by 2010. Nigeria needs to hit the hydrocarbons market with max production at any given time. Before the window for exceptional profits closes. As we get more African producers on board and anti-oil propaganda picks up in the West.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by nnamdi640: 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2023
They will sell it to their fellow criminals, they will use some set of people to cover the real buyers. Almost everything we owned as a country have been sold to their fellow criminals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by jaxxy(m): 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
Lol ok...
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by gboye1999: 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2023
MarketDispatch:

Sell-downs should not be a first priority without cleansing the industry.
Raise 17.4 bn to do what? If 17.4 bn is raised without purpose or plan, it will all be stolen again through another means.

Sell down to what degree?
When you sell down, you reduce your investments hence your returns to the nation's coffers. This will majorly be to the advantage of foreign investments as our stocks are bound to come dirt cheap with the current naira devaluation.
Mind you with cartels like OPEC using production quotas to shore up or manage oil prices, you may never get an allocation that allows you to really pump the 4 million barrels/ day out there.

There may be some advantages through funds available for infrastructure development, and investment in the non-oil sector which could raise the standard of living in the Long run. But like you already know, This is Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Boss469(m): 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2023
These guys dey survive from niger Delta resources but na Dem make noise pass
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Quintopia: 4:37pm On Jun 11, 2023
BloomingDale:
I don’t understand half of the write up but it sounds very intelligent. 😀😀

SAME THING I THOUGHT.

I JUST THOUGHT TO MYSELF, “NO NEED TO READ TOO MUCH OF IT BECAUSE WE HAVE AN INTELLIGENT PRESIDENT WHO KNOWS WHAT HE’S DOING.”

The thing about Tinubu is that he’s not just intelligent, but he surrounds himself with people who know their shiit.

So it’s very hard for him to make a policy error.
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by ceejay80s(m): 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2023
Dem wan sell am down to themselves
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Kukutenla: 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2023
Quintopia:

SAME THING I THOUGHT.

I JUST THOUGHT TO MYSELF, “NO NEED TO READ TOO MUCH OF IT BECAUSE WE HAVE AN INTELLIGENT PRESIDENT WHO KNOWS WHAT HE’S DOING.”

The thing about Tinubu is that he’s not just intelligent, but he surrounds himself with people who know their shiit.

So it’s very hard for him to make a policy error.
This is exactly how not to think as a free citizen. This kind of mindset is good for peasants and serfs. Pity a 21st century man is saying this out loud
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Quintopia: 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2023
loosecanon50:
To be honest, I no read this thing

Olodo. How you go read am? grin
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by stepaside2: 4:48pm On Jun 11, 2023
The policy suggestions came from professionals across the oil and gas industry. It is a bold policy which when implemented will really unleash the potential of our energy industry.

There is a combination of short term actions around stopping crude oil theft, completing on going divestments, merging numerous regulatory bodies to provide clear directions, taking away policy setting powers of NNPCL and longer term actions around selling down stakes in JVs and turning them to the highly successful NLNG models.

There are clear targets with timelines to be met with consequences for non delivery. It is the first time I've seen a detailed coordinated policy document and action plan to get us there. True that Atiku had similar vision but never backed it up with a detailed plan as this. We are surely on the right path

4 Likes

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by darealez(m): 4:50pm On Jun 11, 2023
yashau:
:Obidient must love Tinubu force 🙄 Power is transient in the hands of mortal men, absolute power belong to God.

I don't hate him. You and I should be happy the tribunal will look into the process that brought him in. Or wasn't it all about integrity? If he was duly elected, fine!! If he wasn't, let the right process follow.

Justice shouldn't make anyone feel bad!

1 Like

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by GerogeI(m): 4:50pm On Jun 11, 2023
Its loading already.
I thougth he will stay at least 1 year before making the ultimate move.

In case you are being bamboozled by the plenty grammar and side distractions, the crux of the matter is that

Tinubu is planning to sell down NNPCL oil fields to private investors ( normally Relations and Cronies) to raise 17 billion (Naira abi USD). No, its not shares for the public. They will be sold untill NNPCL becomes a minority shareholder out of 60% percent it holds in all Joint Venture oil fields to a maximum of 40% or minimum of 1%. Meaning they will sell between 20%- to 59% of all oil fields owned by Nigerian Govt through NNPC. To put this into perspective, , remember Yaradua was going to sell a couple of expiring oil field licences to China and Russia for a whooping 3 trillion USD. Tinubu will sell more (at least 20% of all oil field or 59% of all oil fields) for just 17 billion USD or naira.

In case you are not aware. Buhari already made NNPC a limited liability company in order to solve all the cash call issues bring brandied around. NNPCL can take loan, and repay just like other oil companies. NNPCL also has a working capital. They only need to pay royalties and dividends into Govt. Coffers, so in reality there is no cash call problem at all. But we all know Yoruba's main target when in power is to sell govt. Companies into their pockets, then squander the money. Like Obasanjo, So Tinubu.

The reality, seems like Tinubu is expecting the Election Tribunal to Kick him out, so wants to go for the loot immediately.
We all know the North will fight any such sale of NNPC.

I think his best bet is to quickly conduct a referendum in the East so Biafra goes, that will make Peter Obi a Non-Nigerian, Foreigner, then Tinubu can rule the reminant Nigeria for as long as he wants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by loosecanon50(m): 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2023
Quintopia:

Olodo. How you go read am? grin

grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Mercylike: 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2023
Web2020:
The Yoruba are just creating Articles to post in Nairaland. The same people who wrote the articles will also be the ones to praise it. All to show the world that Tinubu is working. That is how they wrote that Tinubu sacked NNPC GMD. At the same time, it was a lie from the pit of hell. His people will create the problem Tinubu would have.

Mark my words.

We will be okay if Nigeria becomes better and your life becomes bad...

So keep up with the bad energy...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Killed As Biafra And Cameronians Rapid Force Battle Over Control Of Bakassi / Immunity Can't Stop Fayose's Prosecution- Aisha Buhari / Pick Your Successor, Bakare Urges Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.