Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,845 members, 7,915,433 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 12:13 AM

PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets (24076 Views)

Minister Lokpobiri: Kaduna Refinery Can Not Refine Nigeria Crude Oil / Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT / Lagos Template:Tinubu 100% Cannot Be Trusted To Sell NNPC Assets For $17.4 BN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by lexy2014: 8:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
princejohnard:
An efficient Public transportation is one, building of bridges and roads, water and rural electrification is another.

Is it because of $3-5b that nigeria doesn't have all the above u mentioned?

How does his not being positive prevent those in government from doing their jobs?

What was wrong with our trade margin before?

Is it lack of $3-5b that is responsible for the naira being weak?
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by XAUBulls: 9:39pm On Jun 11, 2023
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Mercylike: 10:12pm On Jun 11, 2023
Web2020:
What is this one saying? Too many children on Nairaland. Until you show me where you are buying fuel diffently from where we are buying, I will not take you serious

Lament till eternity
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by MeineMutter: 10:28pm On Jun 11, 2023
Gaabasky:
Tinubu will not achiev more from this NNPC until he demonopolize them. And he has to sack/suspend many of their ogas if not he is just playing around the bush ni

I guess new buyers will do that.
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Holak: 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2023
sotall:
undecided

This looks like someone is already stealing Atiku's ideas about selling NNPC.

Let him go ahead but give credit to Atiku who emphasized it.

They said Atiku will sell Nigeria because he canvassed that same idea. Now BAT is the most intelligent thing to happen in Nigeria for copying the idea. The hypocrisy will so be laid bare just like Buharis time
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Fuadeiza(m): 12:46am On Jun 12, 2023
[quote author=BloomingDale post=123724196][/quote]

My ladyyyy 😂😂😂😂 sorry.
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Pityoobi: 6:39am On Jun 12, 2023
yashau:
:Obidient must love Tinubu force 🙄 Power is transient in the hands of mortal men, absolute power belong to God.
Na by force ooo. Dem don dey relax their hot head since Obi brought TV to the Tribunal, they saw that as a sign of victory. Many of them are supporters of Chelsea, Arsenal and Inter Milan... they come by the name Obidients...something serious don happen to dem this year. THEY LACK VICTORY!
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by NOwazobia: 6:57am On Jun 12, 2023
princejohnard:
During the first industrial revolution, what happened??

What happened before the 1st industrial revolution? Corruption? That should be the most important question.
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by CallofDuty(m): 7:28am On Jun 12, 2023
ChonchaLib:

Essentially selling off the 55/60% stake held on behalf of nnpc by napims(now nuprc).it never worked because nnpc/napims was never on time or diligent with its cash call obligations. the proportion of ownership in a JV comes with commensurate investment and operational obligations. Something that was never developed beyond paper/mouth.
This was detrimental to the devt of fields/production and also a window for dispute with IOCs. Made Nigerian energy industry not as attractive as it should be.

So Tinubu is telling them to sell off their stakes (very attractive to buyers the world over) who would happily take up the requisite obligations and focus on regulation. At the same time, nnpc ltd is now longer a policy maker (like when napims was under it). Therefore, proper business decisions will be made across the board. Well ideally.

Good thing is that you actually get to invest in producing assets and other prospective ones and thereby increase production. There's also gonna be a few billion usd (the estimated 17.4 in this case) realized from the sale of the JV stakes which will be put to other use. Esp in this post subsidy environment.

So this is fantastic. That 4 million / day was supposed to be accomplished by 2010. Nigeria needs to hit the hydrocarbons market with max production at any given time. Before the window for exceptional profits closes. As we get more African producers on board and anti-oil propaganda picks up in the West.

Guy...u just de yarn dust!
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by joyandfaith: 7:34am On Jun 12, 2023
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by CallofDuty(m): 7:38am On Jun 12, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Shutup

That's your contribution!! Nigerians self..he's actually right...Na you be the Ode!
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by joyandfaith: 7:38am On Jun 12, 2023
Mercylike:

We will be okay if Nigeria becomes better and your life becomes bad...

So keep up with the bad energy...

Folks said similar things in 2015. Delusional hope!!!
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by CallofDuty(m): 7:40am On Jun 12, 2023
Blazebond:

Nothing dey ever sweet una for body,na only bad news una want to dey hear and read.
bad news as in how?? What's the plan for $17.4B if generated?? Massive cash out..Ode!!!
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Mercylike: 7:43am On Jun 12, 2023
joyandfaith:

Folks said similar things in 2015. Delusional hope!!!
.. I don't argue with bad luck people
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by joyandfaith: 7:47am On Jun 12, 2023
Mercylike:
.. I don't argue with bad luck people

I don't argue with people who put their hope in mortal men. They are always in chains.
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by Fearyourcreator: 8:08am On Jun 12, 2023
CallofDuty:

That's your contribution!! Nigerians self..he's actually right...Na you be the Ode!
Shutup
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by starman1: 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2023
BloomingDale:
I don’t understand half of the write up but it sounds very intelligent. 😀😀
How can something you don't understand be intelligent?

They say;

1.Nnpc cannot be a player and the referee at the same.
2. Where nnpc invest wey no concern them must be sold
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by starman1: 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
BloomingDale:

Thanks for the explanation. I’m going to have to do a research on what sell downs, selling down interests, JVs and cash calls mean. 😀😀
Chai don't scatter my head

JV is a business with others
Sell Down - just selling
Cash call - expenses

Chai!

Next time don't insult guys here again.
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by starman1: 1:23pm On Jun 12, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
For 11 years, a country with a functional Navy lost over 46 billion dollars to crude oil theft. And no chief of naval staff has ever been called to answer, no suspect has ever been apprehended. Exactly how Tinubu plans to stop this, I do not know. But if it is the only thing he achieves together with stable electricity, then he is a god send.
DO YOU KNOW?

Tinubu was a beneficiary from all this things

What an irony, Tinubu knows all the loopholes in this country.

If you want security in a town, give chief security to the Kingpin.
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by starman1: 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
lexy2014:

How are "interested companies" like me?
My nigga,
Make money and attend a business school at the same time.

Stop looking like an idi.ot
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by starman1: 1:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
saysoo:
grin you do not sell your assets to fund an unaestaio investment. You can't sell your 1.4mbd and you want to produce 4mbd? So OPEC will bow to PBAT?
Technical Yes

They eurozone is even waiting for this as we speak!
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by starman1: 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2023
NOwazobia:
I have been having this same thought for sometime now.

In order to make Tinubu looks like the saviour, his media personnel have been creating lots of propaganda, and even attributing bills signed into law by the immediate past administration to Tinubu, such as the Electricity bill, Subsidy removal, Crypto legalisation and even border opening, which has already started in phases by the past administration.

Allow the man do his thing pending the electoral suit. But trying to white wash him as a genius through propaganda can only last too long, and everything will be once again expose, which will open the so called saviour to more ridiculed.

It is becoming irritating.
OBItuary!
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by lexy2014: 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2023
starman1:
My nigga,
Make money and attend a business school at the same time.

Stop looking like an idi.ot

Offpoint.

Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by NOwazobia: 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2023
starman1:
OBItuary!
I was expecting you to counter the post, but obviously you couldn't because you couldn't find any lie in it.

Propaganda can only last for too long...
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by saysoo: 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
starman1:
Technical Yes

They eurozone is even waiting for this as we speak!
I don't see how that makes an economic sense. Pls more light on Eurozone? And increase oil production too?
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by gare(f): 1:43pm On Jun 12, 2023
BloomingDale:
I don’t understand half of the write up but it sounds very intelligent. 😀😀

What he intend to do is Increase our daily production in Crude Oil and Gas which would require lots of investment in the Oil and Gas industries, for us to attain that there would be lots of projects in the industries and which in turn would be creat Jobs.

then for the investment he would reduce NNPC equity by selling of some part to raise the funds required for the investment, instead of borrowing, it is a good idea if followed to the end.
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by BloomingDale(f): 2:16pm On Jun 12, 2023
starman1:
How can something you don't understand be intelligent?

They say;

1.Nnpc cannot be a player and the referee at the same.
2. Where nnpc invest wey no concern them must be sold

I understood that part.
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by BloomingDale(f): 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
starman1:
Chai don't scatter my head

JV is a business with others
Sell Down - just selling
Cash call - expenses

Chai!

Next time don't insult guys here again.

Yeah, I did not understand 100%, but I guessed that sell down must be offloading some part of the business. Just wanted to be 100% sure. JV must be an acronym for joint ventures then from your explanation. I would never have guessed cash call was expenses. Lol.
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by starman1: 2:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
lexy2014:

Offpoint.

He's so defiant and adamant.

Sorry, call Jesus to help you.
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by starman1: 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
BloomingDale:

Yeah, I did not understand 100%, but I guessed that sell down must be offloading some part of the business. Just wanted to be 100% sure. JV must be an acronym for joint ventures then from your explanation. I would never have guessed cash call was expenses. Lol.
nice one sweetie!

How is your day going?
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by starman1: 2:50pm On Jun 12, 2023
gare:

What he intend to do is Increase our daily production in Crude Oil and Gas which would require lots of investment in the Oil and Gas industries, for us to attain that there would be lots of projects in the industries and which in turn would be creat Jobs.

then for the investment he would reduce NNPC equity by selling of some part to raise the funds required for the investment, instead of borrowing, it is a good idea if followed to the end.
saysoo:
I don't see how that makes an economic sense. Pls more light on Eurozone? And increase oil production too?

Wow

Wower

Wowest
Re: PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets by BloomingDale(f): 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2023
gare:

Thanks for the explanation. 👍🏼👍🏼

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu, Dogara Absent As Buhari Celebrates Independence In Aso Rock / Emir Sanusi & Attahiru Jega At Thomas Hodgkin Memorial Lecture In UK (Pics) / Osinbajo Orders 72-hour Joint Operation To Clear Apapa Traffic Gridlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.