Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:55 AM

Mental Health And How It Affects Your Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mental Health And How It Affects Your Relationship (438 Views)

This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage / My Landlord's Daughter Does This And It Affects Me Seriously... / My Girlfriend Told Me She Is Not In Good Health And Wouldn't Want Me To Suffer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mental Health And How It Affects Your Relationship by Talk2Suzan(f): 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2023
A happy, stable relationship, whether with a spouse or partner, is connected to a better mental health, lower levels of stress, and less depression.
Having a mental health condition can make it more difficult to date and meet people, largely because you may not feel like connecting with others when your life is unstable.
Depending on your condition, you might be dealing with impulsive behavior, irregular moods, a desire to withdraw, trouble feeling empathy, or anxieties about other people.
You deserve a loving, healthy relationship whatever your health history, so following the right treatment plan to care for your health is one important part of building a healthy relationship. So why aren’t we talking about it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mental Health And How It Affects Your Relationship by Talk2Suzan(f): 8:28am On Jun 25, 2023
6 Relationship Red Flags To Look For:
These six red flags are signs that a relationship could be bad for your mental health:
1.) You often feel suspicious- Your mind is working overtime with doubts and constant worrying about your partner’s behavior.
2.) You censor yourself regularly- Keeping meaningful things to yourself may keep you from enjoying emotional intimacy.
3.) You feel misunderstood- You may have frequent disagreements with your partner where you feel like they don’t hear you or “get” you.
4.) You feel like you don’t know your partner anymore. Ideally, growth and change happen with understanding, communication, and transparency.
5.) You have a sense of going through the motions- Relationships can get stuck in a holding pattern, but a lasting feeling of drudgery may be a problem.
6.) Resentments are festering- Instead of openly discussing problems, one partner may be silently seething.
No relationship is immune from problems. If you hit a roadblock, don’t be afraid to talk about it.
Bring it up and be open and honest with your partner or spouse about it and try to say how you feel. You don’t have to run immediately to a couple’s counselor, but if you feel like you’re not being heard over and over, then maybe it would be good to seek a therapist. If your partner doesn’t want to do therapy, it is still beneficial to seek out an individual therapist.
Re: Mental Health And How It Affects Your Relationship by Talk2Suzan(f): 7:57am On Jun 27, 2023
Good morning lovelies, as we go about our activities for the day don't forget to wear a smile. Yes, smile dear, it's free therapy.
With all the evidence that smiling can improve your mental health, how can you encourage yourself to smile and laugh more? Here are a number of things you can try:

1.) Find humor throughout your day. This may mean signing up for a joke-a-day service that is sent to your inbox, watching a funny movie, or playing with a pet.
2.) Connect with other people. Smiling is a basic human expression. It is common to everyone, everywhere, regardless of culture or gender. As humans, we are socialized to smile and laugh when we’re among friends.
Spend time with your friends and enjoy their company. You’ll find you smile more when you do.
3.) Laugh at yourself. There are many mental health benefits to not taking yourself too seriously, such as fostering positive interpersonal reactions or simply reminding yourself that you’re human and that you have a right to enjoy your life.
4.) Force some laughter if you have to. Remember that even faking a smile can boost your mood. If you smile when you don’t feel like smiling, you can fool your brain into releasing the neurotransmitters and neuropeptides that will actually help you feel better.
Smiling is a basic and biological uniform human expression. Aim to smile more, and you might find you simply feel better overall. And don't forget to contact me for that unashamed conversation, whatever it may be I care to listen
Re: Mental Health And How It Affects Your Relationship by Talk2Suzan(f): 10:35am On Jul 01, 2023
It's weekend again and a good time to relax, identify your stressors and cut out the negatives. If you feel controlled by symptoms or if they could case harm to yourself or others, it may be time to consider therapy.

(1) (Reply)

I See Relationships Or Marriage As A Form Of Bondage For Men...... / Where Can I Buy Burukutu In Lagos / How To Get The Chemistry In Your Relationship Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.