Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,981 members, 7,873,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:54 AM

Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates (26283 Views)

Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates / Tinubu Vs Peter Obi: 8th June 2023 Live Court Updates / 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by pacesetting: 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2023
They have presented boxes of raw data covering 18 states. These include data from polling units, wards, local government, and state. The question now is, what is the weight of the data and it's admissibility by the judges? Let's see how the case unfolds in the next few days.
aswani:
Another dissapointing day in the annals of the Naija legal system. Two points:

1) Yet again, LP lawyers are calling audibles by not giving the others enough time to read documents and be aware of witnesses. I can understand the Judges at the Tribunal tolerating this once or twice, considering the importance of what is at hand, but this is now becoming a daily occurrence.

A deliberate attempt to get the case rightfully thrown out and give them an opportunity to act hard done by. Shameful to say the least.

2) LP brought in an expert to tell us there were no recorded outages during a certain period, something any teenager with an interest in computers could have sent them a link to.

More needless grandstanding a là wheeling HDTV's into the court for something they could have documented in a Youtube link or put on a Pen drive.

Back to the expert, a shame they did not make LP lawyers aware that, the Cloud centres might be up, but individual virtual servers could be overloaded and consequently shut itself down as might conceivably might have happened in this case.

INEC and their consultants clearly didn't do any stress testing or if they did was woefully inadequate. They should have allocated times for each state PU's to be uploaded and then further times for those that missed their slot for whatever reason.

Also the use of sharding or partitioning technologies might have helped.

Regardless of the incompetence of INEC and their technology partners in this matter, I honestly cannot see how LP and Peter Obi can expect to overturn the results of the elections in their favour following the "evidence" path they have so far.

They needed enough raw data, which would have shown numerical differences between what INEC used to determine the victor, to present to the court which they clearly don't have.

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by RighChannel: 6:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
IamV2:

The Court:
This petition is hereby adjourned till tomorrow, Tuesday June 20, 2023 at 2pm for the continuation of hearing.

[ The court appeals to all counsels to cooperate with both sides for the smooth continuation of hearing ]

---------------

Why's anti spam bot banning all my accounts?
This is the second account I'm creating today.
Honestly, it's frustrating
Mehn,I don't like this .

Everyone have a great day.

[ Yes, I'm angry ]

#Onelove.

Those BOT's are Tinubu boys on NL, keep the good work and pls don't let anyone frustrate you with their actions

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2023
IamV2:

The Court:
This petition is hereby adjourned till tomorrow, Tuesday June 20, 2023 at 2pm for the continuation of hearing.

[ The court appeals to all counsels to cooperate with both sides for the smooth continuation of hearing ]

---------------

Why's anti spam bot banning all my accounts?
This is the second account I'm creating today.
Honestly, it's frustrating
Mehn,I don't like this .

Everyone have a great day.

[ Yes, I'm angry ]

#Onelove.

You are doing a fantastic job.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Balogunodua(m): 7:00pm On Jun 19, 2023
AfonjaPiglets:
Who be your brah? Na peckham English you dey drop?..

Can't be a brah to shallow thinkers.

Stop lamenting...RONU

Brah is a Peckham English ?

Dude ya daft grin
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by PaellaPaella: 7:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
RighChannel:

Those BOT's are Tinubu boys on NL, keep the good work and pls don't let anyone frustrate you with their actions

Don't mind those cry cry babies ...they are bunch of cowards

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Pythagoras001: 7:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
aswani:

1) Yet again, LP lawyers are calling audibles by not giving the others enough time to read documents and be aware of witnesses. I can understand the Judges at the Tribunal tolerating this once or twice, considering the importance of what is at hand, but this is now becoming a daily occurrence.

A deliberate attempt to get the case rightfully thrown out and give them an opportunity to act hard done by. Shameful to say the least.

2) LP brought in an expert to tell us there were no recorded outages during a certain period, something any teenager with an interest in computers could have sent them a link to.

More needless grandstanding a là wheeling HDTV's into the court for something they could have documented in a Youtube link or put on a Pen drive.

Back to the expert, a shame they did not make LP lawyers aware that, the Cloud centres might be up, but individual virtual servers could be overloaded and consequently shut itself down as might conceivably might have happened in this case.

INEC and their consultants clearly didn't do any stress testing or if they did was woefully inadequate. They should have allocated times for each state PU's to be uploaded and then further times for those that missed their slot for whatever reason.

Regardless of the incompetence of INEC and their technology partners in this matter, I honestly cannot see how LP and Peter Obi can expect to overturn the results of the elections in their favour following the "evidence" path they have so far.

They needed enough raw data, which would have shown numerical differences between what INEC used to determine the victor, to present to the court which they clearly don't have.

Inec chairman is on record to have said they would deploy load balancing and that the system was designed to scale to more than 200 million person access. They also did preliminary bvas test before the election. There was no technical glitches it was deliberate sabotage. The house of rep and senatorial upload succeeded both of them combined had more result required to be uploaded than the presidential election.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
Okarakwu:
That shows you are not seeing where the case is coming from and going, the target is the foundation.... iNEC.... and they are doing a good job of it ,no need of all the polling agents ,compare what PDP is doing by calling do many polling agents with watery evidence and what LP is doing, which one scares Apc? Today an amazon worker testified and rubbished the server glitches excuse... Learn to follow the case and stop quoting whasapp group rubbish

As usual grin
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV2: 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2023
IamV2:
Here's an interesting read of what unfolded during today's proceedings at the tribunal between Tinubu & Atiku.

https://www.nairaland.com/7734015/presidential-election-results-refused-upload

Honestly,I would have gladly created threads to be updating on the Tinubu & Atiku proceedings at the tribunal,but those guys are not worth it.
All they do is insult HE peter Obi from morning till night.
HE peter Obi is their only content.
None of them is showing concern about their proceedings, maybe they are waiting for Atiku to share money to them again before they realize they have a case in court.

Here's an interesting session that occurred when the PDP witness was cross examined by INEC..

Keys :
Q question by INEC cross examiner
A= Answer by witness

Q. On election day, when did you arrive at the polling station and carry out accreditation?

A. Accreditation was successful but I couldn't complete the process.

Q. Are you referring to not concluding accreditation?

A. I couldn't complete the upload, accreditation was successful.

Q. After accreditation, the actual voting was properly conducted ?

A. Exactly

Q. At the end of votes, you counted the result as you are trained to do, correct?

A. Yes

Q. You also entered the result on the Form EC8A that you were given,correct?

A. Yes my Lord
Q. the party agents signed the result form?
A. Yes my Lord

Q. You also signed it, correct?

A. Yes my lord

Q. You used your BVAS device to take the picture of Form EC8A

A. Yes my Lord.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
respect80:

Try dey calm down...
By your logic, let's just say the judges are not in position to give verdict on this matter since they were not present in polling units on election day...
If you have nothing to say, just take a seat and read comments. It's not a must to comment.

That is why they are the judges. Simple logic.
Don't worry. I will quote you when the whole drama ends. grin.
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by PaellaPaella: 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

As usual grin

Stop pretending , you are in severe pain with tears all over cheek grin grin grin grin very wet

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV2: 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
IamV2:

Here's an interesting session that occurred when the PDP witness was cross examined by INEC..

Keys :
Q question by INEC cross examiner
A= Answer by witness

Q. On election day, when did you arrive at the polling station and carry out accreditation?

A. Accreditation was successful but I couldn't complete the process.

Q. Are you referring to not concluding accreditation?

A. I couldn't complete the upload, accreditation was successful.

Q. After accreditation, the actual voting was properly conducted ?

A. Exactly

Q. At the end of votes, you counted the result as you are trained to do, correct?

A. Yes

Q. You also entered the result on the Form EC8A that you were given,correct?

A. Yes my Lord
Q. the party agents signed the result form?
A. Yes my Lord

Q. You also signed it, correct?

A. Yes my lord

Q. You used your BVAS device to take the picture of Form EC8A

A. Yes my Lord.

Q. So with respect to Form EC8A of the presidential election, after taking the picture, the only problem you experienced was upload.

A. Yes, it couldn't upload but that of senate and House of reps uploaded.

Q. In your training prior to election, you're trained about offline transmission or transfer of Form EC8A

A. Yes.

Q. Can you tell the court what you're trained to do in situations like that.

A. We're trained to do offline transmission when there is no network and we also tried that but couldn't upload.

Q. So you followed the procedure for offline transmission.

A. We followed for both offline and online but couldn't upload.

Q. You cannot tell if the transmission occured subsequently

A. I don't know.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Spicycat(f): 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Does the HE Appendage cause you any form of pain?

I was trying to wrap my head about it's actual meaning and why he always put it before his name, but i now it means His Excellency.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by PaellaPaella: 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

That is why they are the judges. Simple logic.
Don't worry. I will quote you when the whole drama ends. grin.

Illiterate Mugu claiming wise and educated grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV2: 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
IamV2:

Q. So with respect to Form EC8A of the presidential election, after taking the picture, the only problem you experienced was upload.

A. Yes, it couldn't upload but that of senate and House of reps uploaded.

Q. In your training prior to election, you're trained about offline transmission or transfer of Form EC8A

A. Yes.

Q. Can you tell the court what you're trained to do in situations like that.

A. We're trained to do offline transmission when there is no network and we also tried that but couldn't upload.

Q. So you followed the procedure for offline transmission.

A. We followed for both offline and online but couldn't upload.

Q. You cannot tell if the transmission occured subsequently

A. I don't know.

Basically,both online & offline transmission of results at the polling units was unaccessible for presidential election,but both process was not having similar issue during senate and house of rep transmission of results the same day.

And some individuals wants to tell everyone of us that it's just technical issue ?
SMH

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by NomborPhilip10: 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
Wasted energy and time, Obi lost and there's no two ways about it
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by ejimatic: 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
jackea:
I don't see the case making it to supreme court
It will get to the SC because the Obidients will be unhappy when the case is struck out.It is at the SC that Ariwoola and his team will uphold the frivolity of the LP case and rubber-stamp BAT victory!
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by ridbell01(m): 7:34pm On Jun 19, 2023
Witness 4 out of 50 Elup said they have, seems PDP with present 50 and APC 50.. surely obi will use 8years in court
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by PaellaPaella: 7:38pm On Jun 19, 2023
NomborPhilip10:
Wasted energy and time, Obi lost and there's no two ways about it

Go to court and explain the same to them or are you waiting until your president select is disgraced out of Abuja before you will come back to your sense?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by PaellaPaella: 7:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
ejimatic:
It will get to the SC because the Obidients will be unhappy when the case is struck out.It is at the SC that Ariwoola and his team will uphold the frivolity of the LP case and rubber-stamp BAT victory!

Keep living in Illusion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IfnobeGod20: 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2023
aswani:

You're aprobating and reprobating at the same time. You took time to point out the error commented by INEC's server but still stand the truth on its head by exonerating them of any wrong doing forgetting that three elections were conducted for different posts same day, why two results were successful uploaded without hassle but only one, the presidential election was delayed, even after two weeks election was conducted.
The question is, why presidential server alone has the problem and not others? I am waiting for INEC rhetoric as to be informed and guided.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
PaellaPaella:

Illiterate Mugu claiming wise and educated grin grin grin grin grin

Lol.. grin It is common Sense. That's why they are judges. Very simple. Obi is just wasting his time and money.
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IfnobeGod20: 8:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
senatordave1:

A witness from a neutral organisation or body must be shown not to have partisan interest esp a subpoenaed witness.that is damaging and why lp tried to hide her name and political affiliation by tagging her pseudo...dino was testifying for pdp as a pdp agent not an external body.....even if lp surmount this,the evidence will still be useless...

Oga,it seems you are not familiar with irev.all results are arranged unit by unit and traced by their units from state down to unit.if the result of polling unit 001 aso rock on irev is blurred,the sensible thing to do is to search for the physical copy and compare.perhaps lp and the prof aren't sensible
I would have loved to see the law that go against that, because I hate talking just by emotion. If I can read the law that stated that, then, I will be guided.
Meanwhile, I have to wait till tomorrow to be guided on who she came to represent and her affiliation to LP and Amazon, because I am sure that will be a major target question by the cross examiners.

On the issue of blurred documents on the IREVs. I am aware that the results are posted unit by unit, in a case of this magnitude, you don't expect the petitioner to claim they know what was right, they will leave the burden on the respondents to clear it and if they refused, that would be a plus to the petitioner. That was the careless thing done by the PDP on Imo gubernatorial election petition that Hope won. They were too careless to have allowed those manufactured results to fly and they paid dearly for it.
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by ejimatic: 8:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
PaellaPaella:

Keep living in Illusion
Ok sir. We shall see then!
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IfnobeGod20: 8:30pm On Jun 19, 2023
IamV2:

Basically,both online & offline transmission of results at the polling units was unaccessible for presidential election,but both process was not having similar issue during senate and house of rep transmission of results the same day.

And some individuals wants to tell everyone of us that it's just technical issue ?
SMH
I don't just know why some people can defend anything that is so visible and crystal clear just to justify their belief. Three elections conducted same day, two were successful uploaded but one could not and some people didn't see anything wrong about it.
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by BabaRamota1980: 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2023
MyPoint:

Those respondents lied. Like I said earlier.

They cannot twist what Mahmood said. Mahmood specifically said raw figures will not being transmitted to avoid hacking.

But he categorically said BVAS will snap image and send.

Other dailies that captured same information abour raw data are

1. https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/02/polls-why-inec-wont-transmit-raw-election-figures-yakubu/

Extract from the link:
Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu has explained why, as always, the commission would not electronically transmit raw election figures on Saturday.

At a meeting with leaders of Foreign Election Observation Missions in Nigeria, Yakubu said Presiding Officers would rather, be required to use the Bimodal Voter Authentication System BVAS to photograph the result sheets of each polling unit and upload them on the INEC Result Viewing Portal IREV for Nigerians.*

2. https://www.withinnigeria.com/news/2023/02/23/we-wont-transmit-raw-figures-of-election-results-inec-chairman/

Extract from the link
Barely three days to the conduct of Presidential and National Assembly elections, Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Prof. Mahmood Yakubu has clarified that raw figures of election results would not transmitted electronically by his Commission.

Yakubu made the revelation on Wednesday night at a meeting with leaders of International Election Observers who visited him at his Commission headquarter.

He said Presiding Officers has the mandate to use the Bimodal Voters Accreditation (BVAS) machine to snap election results documented on the results sheet from each polling unit and upload the photo of the result on the INEC Result Viewing Portal (IRev) for anxious Nigerians to observe.

He said raw figure transmitted electronically was susceptible to hacking.

--------------------------------------------------

No one should twist the statement.

IamV
Make una give this guy hin money. grin
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by aswani(m): 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2023
Pythagoras001:
Inec chairman is on record to have said they would deploy load balancing and that the system was designed to scale to more than 200 million person access. They also did preliminary bvas test before the election. There was no technical glitches it was deliberate sabotage. The house of rep and senatorial upload succeeded both of them combined had more result required to be uploaded than the presidential election.

Per the deliberate sabotage, I am interested in knowing how you think that will happen because it's a virtual server.

Whoever paused or shut down the server would have had to be logged in to the AWS cloud for starters.

Also why haven't LP's lawyers asked for the (redacted) audit log to glean information as to what could have "crashed" the server and when?
It just seemed to me that calling the expert to say the Cloud wans't down was a waste of time when they could have asked the Court to subpoena an INEC official (oreven AWS) to produce log files to prove foul PLAY.
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV2: 8:45pm On Jun 19, 2023
BabaRamota1980:

IamV

Are you sure you understood what you read ?
I strongly doubt you understood what he wrote there.
He's actually telling you the exact content of that publication.
It was never about INEC saying they will no longer transmit results in real time like one of the respondents cross examiner want to deceive the public & court to think.

The APC propaganda machines even ran along with it citing it as an evidence that INEC actually published that they will no longer transmit results in real time at the polling units.

Go read what he wrote again.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 8:53pm On Jun 19, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

I would have loved to see the law that go against that, because I hate talking just by emotion. If I can read the law that stated that, then, I will be guided.
Meanwhile, I have to wait till tomorrow to be guided on who she came to represent and her affiliation to LP and Amazon, because I am sure that will be a major target question by the cross examiners.

On the issue of blurred documents on the IREVs. I am aware that the results are posted unit by unit, in a case of this magnitude, you don't expect the petitioner to claim they know what was right, they will leave the burden on the respondents to clear it and if they refused, that would be a plus to the petitioner. That was the careless thing done by the PDP on Imo gubernatorial election petition that Hope won. They were too careless to have allowed those manufactured results to fly and they paid dearly for it.

It will not count as irev is secondary evidence same as the AWS evidence..you must prove your case beyond reasonable doubt not through half baked documents.hope used police copies to substantiate his claims while apc in osun failed to compare their server reports with bvas and register
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by BabaRamota1980: 8:58pm On Jun 19, 2023
Q. In Para 13, you referred to reports showing the health status of the AWS Cloud Services in the 33 regions where they host their cloud services and You have certificate of compliance to this effect?

[ She's shown the document, 6 documents, reports on North America, South America, Africa, Europe, Asia ]

A. Yes they are.

The information is not privileged. AWS makes this info available to public.

Go here to see the reports. https://health.aws.amazon.com/health/status

You can check by region, you can drill down the object data. If you want you can export and create pivot charts for additional reporting.

When they get their turn to cross-examine this witness I believe it will be plenty of drama in that courtroom.
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by suxkill: 9:05pm On Jun 19, 2023
BabaRamota1980:

IamV

Just dey play.

Raw figure: eg LP 75, APC 21, PDP 38

Is totally different from taking picture of form EC8A with the bvas machine and uploading it to the irev portal.
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by StainlessCup: 9:08pm On Jun 19, 2023
senatordave1:

Firstly,the witness is an interested party as a lp candidate.she was there on private capacity and not on behalf of AWS.even if her claims are accepted,it will go to no issue as anything relating to inec server is termed thirdhand evidence.yiu must bring evidence from what emanated at the polling units not what transpired offline.

The judges can only take note but take no action.evebtually,lp will lose

Senior advocate of Nairaland. I greet you
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 19th June 2023 Live Court Updates by StainlessCup: 9:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
senatordave1:

Firstly,her name is clarity ogar.she was the lp house of reps candidate for ogoja yala federal constituency.it is obvious she was there without the knowledge of lp if not she would have tendered evidence.i believe lp subpoenaed her not AWS.by the way,her report even if accepted is of no moment...

I don't understand your second point but if a copy of a document is blurry online,you simply check the offline copies.perhaps,the camera was faulty or the inec staff mishandled.we all know how the bvas malfunctions regularly...if for instance you tendered your waec photocopy and a particular info is blurry,you simply check the original or another photocopy except it is non-existent

You are yet to cite the relevant laws bruv

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Akintunde Akinwande Rejects Buhari's NERC Chairman Appointment / Nigerian Soldier Rapes 4-Year-Old Girl In Adamawa / Olubunmi Tunji-ojo Commissioned Arrival E" Of Abuja Airport & Remodeled Gates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.