Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,280 members, 7,936,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 05:21 AM

South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man (37927 Views)

Dangote Regains Top Spot From Rupert On Forbes Africa’s Billionaire List / Dangote Becomes $20m Wealthier, Maintains Spot As Africa’s Richest Man / Tony Elumelu Hails Dangote As They Meet In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by presidentBAT: 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
Am Not Surprised
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by qtx(m): 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
Timoleon:
A South African.
South Africans are blacks. That white man there is a decendant of their slave masters grin

1 Like

Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
Aliko na fake billionaire! Always a leech on Nigerian economy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by Ramirezkhay(m): 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
cheesy

BIG MIND!

grin
24SEVEN:

Na $1.3B you dey call only?? grin grin cheesy

You get mind oh. undecided
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by Gamesmart: 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
9jahotblog:
So Dangote Na ti lule . Chaiii Tinubu body odour don affect Dangote too

If having $10bn is lule, you and your entire family have lu abe ile your entire lives and will continue doing so till eternity.
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by UptownVibes(m): 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
Timoleon:
Is that what you tell your father everyday? Such a useless man.
I was expecting this as your first reply to that F.. Count 500 richest in his village, I sure say her papa no dey among sef.. Rubbish!
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by Incrediblekutty(m): 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
Timoleon:
Is that what you tell your father everyday? Such a useless man.

But isn't it embarrassing that you thought everybody with light skin is a white man??
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by SyrusdeHansome(m): 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
BloomingDale:
A white man? I swear African “men” no get shame.
What is dis one blabbing?
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by XAUBulls: 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
9jahotblog:
South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man
——
Forbes Real-time Global Billionaires List has placed Aliko Dangote on number 172 with a net worth of $10.7 billion behind South Africa’s Johann Rupert & Family who is ranked 145 with net worth of $12 billion.

This means that South Africa’s Johann Rupert has displaced billionaire businessman Aliko Dangote to become Africa’s richest man.
There is always an end to any story.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/south-africas-johann-rupert-overtakes-aliko-dangote-as-africas-richest-man/
Ah... Johann Rupert. He's the richest man in South Africa. Johann has his hands in almost every sector of the SA economy. Coincidentally, I watched a documentary about him and it was inspiring.
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by Angelfrost(m): 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
145th position in the world!

Damn! Africa my Africa!!!
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by WannaHowzit(m): 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
Difference is most Nigerians are hungry but celebrating Dangote. This news won't matter in SA where there's food.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by forerunner022(m): 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
Just like the way INEC rigged some politicians into office, that's the same way Nigeria government have been subtly rigging Aliko Dangote to be African richest man by engaging in monetary policies that favours him and takes financial stress off his businesses and assets, particularly the previous regimen double currency exchange rate policy. Shebi him eyes don clear now?
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by FODA(m): 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
9jahotblog:
——
Forbes Real-time Global Billionaires List has placed Aliko Dangote on number 172 with a net worth of $10.7 billion behind South Africa’s Johann Rupert & Family who is ranked 145 with net worth of $12 billion.

This means that South Africa’s Johann Rupert has displaced billionaire businessman Aliko Dangote to become Africa’s richest man.
There is always an end to any story.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/south-africas-johann-rupert-overtakes-aliko-dangote-as-africas-richest-man/
but they said his refinery worth ,19b $ is d refinery not part of his worth ,I don't get d calculation
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by nedekid: 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
Fortune109:
Dangote will definitely bounce back stronger...
Bros, forget about dangote and his bouncing back. Let's think of our own lives and how to bounce back.
If dangote lost part of his fortune due to recent gov policies, imagine how much poorer the average Nigerian has become. Do you realise we Nigerians have lost over 75% of our purchasing power and wealth over the past few days?
Eg, if you sold your house for 55m and wish to relocate to the UK. 2 weeks ago, that 55m would have given you 100,000 pounds at bank rate. Today at the current bank rate, it will give you about 50,000 pounds.
Anyway, let's hope it is temporal and that on the long run, these polices will eventually help the economy.
My only fear is that naija is the only country in the world that when things go up, they don't come down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by nahr(f): 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
I predict that Dangote wil overtake him sooner or later. Same thing happened with Elon Musk.
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by bepositive11: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2023
SmartPolician:

Stop being intolerant!

If Black South Africans are happy having white South Africans share their country, why should a Nigerian be complaining?

Mind you, those folks in North Africa are not black and are still considered Africans. So, not all Africans are black!

Whites face discrimination in South Africa.
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by WannaHowzit(m): 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2023
9jahotblog:
——

The world's richest man (Elon Musk) is South African so this is not news.
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by BigMamaNaija: 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2023
Only mature minds will understand that it's the establishment of that refinery that has shaken his finances. It's not moi-moi. Something that a whole Federal Government could not do for years! Once he begins to sell products, he'll overtake many rich persons in the world and of course reclaim his first position in Africa.

Much respects baba Dangote!
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by Khyrvxjzy: 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
9jahotblog:
bounce back for which place. Bua refinery will come on upstream by 2024. Dangote refinery will be forgotten joor

i smell hatred
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by Henrikjay: 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
BloomingDale:
No No ...not like that there are many Africa Men richer than Johann Rupert and Aliko Dangote . But they live a low key life and stay off social media just to be able to enjoy their wealth cause their dirty money is from frauds, drugs and rituals..

Its only those that have legitimate clean source of money that show up front page and must of these guys with dirty money re partners, associates and funds many companies.
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by Mikael0407(m): 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
The richest man in Africa is a white man embarassed
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by Menclothing: 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2023
When is refineries start 20b dollars will be added to his wealth he will
Gap
The 2nd with 18b dollars
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by TERMlNATOR(m): 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2023
When i heard SAfrican, i knew he must be white.
wannahowzit, kingcold, jazeblaze and other amiable kaffirs.
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by Salowise: 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2023
Raylight2:
With only $1.3billion

$1.3 billion na only abeg i need your colos pluggg
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by coputa(m): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2023
BloomingDale:
Whites has high intelligent Quotient.
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by YouAreFinished: 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2023
24SEVEN:

Na $1.3B you dey call only?? grin grin cheesy

You get mind oh. undecided
The margin is still not high.
With the way stock markets fluctuate,Dangote may well soon regain his position at any time.
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by coputa(m): 3:26pm On Jun 20, 2023
Mikael0407:
The richest man in Africa is a white man embarassed
Imagine in a continent dominated by blacks.
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by UNDFTD: 3:27pm On Jun 20, 2023
It's no surprise that someone who works hard for his money would eventually surpass the so-called richest man in Africa and the quota system billionaire, Aliko Dangote. The same Aliko Dangote that Nigerians were told built the biggest oil refinery in the continent, we just learned was given the ONLY license to import fuel. And you wonder how he became so rich besides being a money launderer for crooked Nigerian politicians. This same man has a monopoly on the importation of rice, sugar, cement, textile, and other products.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by frog12: 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
white man na greedy grin grin

coputa:
Imagine in a continent dominated by blacks.
Re: South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man by WannaHowzit(m): 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2023
TERMlNATOR:
When i heard SAfrican, i knew he must be white.

wannahowzit, kingcold, jazeblaze and other amiable kaffirs.

Ruperts wealth started from one corner shop during apartheid days and benefited from colonisation and apartheid.

When did Dangotes wealth begin again😕 Isn't he corrupt as hell😕

If black South Africans were as corrupt as you are 🇳🇬 we'd also be like Dangote - we have gold, diamonds and technology.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ore Industrial Park Ondo Begins Full Operations (Photos) / What A Banker Did To Me Recently / BVN Fraud: My Encounter With Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.