Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,425 members, 7,917,327 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 11:17 PM

Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities (10782 Views)

Mangu: Gunmen Defy Curfew To Kill Over 20, Burn Houses In Communities / Terrorists Deposited Arms Ahead Of Attacks On Plateau Communities, Says Senator / 30 Yelwan Zangam Residents Die In Fresh Attacks In Jos, Several Houses Burnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Brendaniel: 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2023
J3susFr3ak:

I actually got the same security alerts HOURS before it happened. I even made a post about it late last night on this Forum: https://www.nairaland.com/7737157/actionable-intelligence-new-security-chiefs#123961874

My conclusion is that there are just too many evil MOLES who actively sympathize with these Fulani Terrorists in Tinibu's new Security Structure.Tinubu might as well be wining and dining with Terrorists in that Aso-Rock. He should watch his back...

But seriously...the current GOC posted to Plateau State in connivance with someone from the DSS and other Security structures sworn to Islamic Jihad SHOULD GO! They should be retired or posted elsewhere. Bring someone else competent and neutral into the Plateau Security Arena...not the same pathetic nonsensical Fulani Muslim terrorists who will not reach orgasm unless they kill and loot for Allah.

With regards to the mole's info causing the sudden change in the attack strategy--this is where DRONES equipped with NIGHT VISION CAMERAS and Body Heat Sensors would have quickly alerted the Vigilantes about the sudden change of plans by the Fulani Terrorists.

Tinubu...I give your new Security Chiefs an F on this one even despite the free expo given to you ahead of time. You have a long way to go in Restructuring the Security systems to be more proactive and alert to their duties.

------

I just hope Tinubu did not have an agreement with those jihadists for his presidential ambition.....

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by NeloNelo: 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2023
Belteshazzar1:
So painful i had to run to comment section without reading the long story....

23 people are killed in new Plateau violence

https://thegisthouse.com/23-people-are-killed-in-new-plateau-violence/
Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by J3susFr3ak: 1:22pm On Jun 22, 2023
Brendaniel:

I just hope Tinubu did not have an agreement with those jihadists for his presidential ambition.....

I surely hope not. I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt regardless, even though I did not vote for him, neither am I a fan of the type of alliances he made with the Buhari faction of the APC.

I think the Jihadists at the moment seem overconfident in a very convoluted crony-corrupt slow and self-seeking systems in place as it is--where they have already placed a revolving door of brainwashed Jihadist psychopaths in various high-places wiling to do their bidding--to the point that it is almost like a "dare" on how far Tinubu might ever be willing to radically SHAKE UP and reconstitute the system to bring back a lot of sanity and stability.

I suppose the collective observation by the Arewa cabal is: How far can he or will he go?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by soccerlite: 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2023
Igp tiger 🐅 hope you see dis

tinubu abeg focus on security too, don't be totally carried away by the money you are harvesting for the rich

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Mrfixiit: 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

It will favour me and my family where una dey?
Don't mind those idiotic f**ls

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Shattuck(m): 2:15pm On Jun 22, 2023
Hit the ground running crew
It will favour me and my family crew
Why are you guys not claiming this now

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Asswipemod: 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2023
Validated:
Pls do we have a president?

This one is worse than clueless ooo.

This one is confused and bewildered abrg.

Oga, Plateau State has had governors over the years who were and still are referred to as the CSO of the State. The governors have been receiving billions as security votes for years and it was never used to secure anything. See what SW governors have been doing. It is common knowledge that governors in the middle belt are the most useless leaders in Nigeria. You never saw that, but you think Tinubu is the problem.
Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by J3susFr3ak: 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2023
Asswipemod:

Oga, Plateau State has had governors over the years who were and still are referred to as the CSO of the State. The governors have been receiving billions as security votes for years and it was never used to secure anything. See what SW governors have been doing. It is common knowledge that governors in the middle belt are the most useless leaders in Nigeria. You never saw that, but you think Tinubu is the problem.

I have not been to Plateau in over a decade now...but I try to keep updated on critical matters.

When you want to gauge how much a Governor from Plateau State performs on behalf of his constituents: determine who and how much the Arewa cabal and hive-mind either love or hate. Yes, I agree...Lalong was like a useless simp and next to useless, but guess which type of people loved the guy--even though most Plateau folks were disgusted by his actions especially on security. Yet, Jonah Jang was universally hated by the Northern Muslim cabal because he defiantly stood with the people on matters on security.

When you have a Jihadist Presidency (as was the case on previous times) or a system that enables Jihadist interest in the security framework of the country, what you end up having is:

The IGP through the assigned commissioner of Police undermining the efforts of any Governor.
The Military GOC regional head assigned to a given state or area also undermining the efforts of any Governor.
The DSS intimidating innocent people and undermining the efforts of any Governor. (The DSS in Plateau were used to arrest any person or Clergy who openly criticized the President!! In a so called "democracy"!)

If every single security outfit that has been posted to Plateau in the past were Fulani Muslims or people with Northern Muslim Jihadist interest--what do you think will happen when the Governor who is supposed to be the Chief Security Officer of a state tells them to do something that protects Christian lives but goes against their Jihadist agenda already hatched in places like Abuja, Sokoto, Zaria and even Saudi Arabia and Iran?

Let the Governors actually CONTROL the Police force during a crisis and you will see a clear difference!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Fortruth: 4:32pm On Jun 22, 2023
Validated:
Pls do we have a president?

This one is worse than clueless ooo.

This one is confused and bewildered abrg.

He’s again in France with the colonialist…. They control him and your “country”.

The problem is Middle Belt, Midwest, and East are gonna see shege from their support of Progressive Peter Obi instead of slavish APC….. Watch and see

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Asswipemod: 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2023
J3susFr3ak:

I have not been to Plateau in over a decade now...but I try to keep updated on critical matters.

When you want to gauge how much a Governor from Plateau State performs on behalf of his constituents: determine who and how much the Arewa cabal and hive-mind either love or hate. Yes, I agree...Lalong was like a useless simp and next to useless, but guess which type of people loved the guy--even though most Plateau folks were disgusted by his actions especially on security. Yet, Jonah Jang was universally hated by the Northern Muslim cabal because he defiantly stood with the people on matters on security.

When you have a Jihadist Presidency (as was the case on previous times) or a system that enables Jihadist interest in the security framework of the country, what you end up having is:

The IGP through the assigned commissioner of Police undermining the efforts of any Governor.
The Military GOC regional head assigned to a given state or area also undermining the efforts of any Governor.
The DSS intimidating innocent people and undermining the efforts of any Governor. (The DSS in Plateau were used to arrest any person or Clergy who openly criticized the President!! In a so called "democracy"!)

If every single security outfit that has been posted to Plateau in the past were Fulani Muslims or people with Northern Muslim Jihadist interest--what do you think will happen when the Governor who is supposed to be the Chief Security Officer of a state tells them to do something that protects Christian lives but goes against their Jihadist agenda already hatched in places like Abuja, Sokoto, Zaria and even Saudi Arabia and Iran?

Let the Governors actually CONTROL the Police force during a crisis and you will see a clear difference!

That is the more reason why it will be completely unfair to blame Tinubu. All that useless governor had to do was to make sure a State law is passed, outlawing the activities of Fulani jihadists and then use the state assembly to enact a law establishing a security outfit that will destroy the activities of these devils. But if the governor is kowtowing to jihadists cabal, you can't blame the president. Billions are received every month on security.
Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by J3susFr3ak: 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2023
Asswipemod:

That is the more reason why it will be completely unfair to blame Tinubu. All that useless governor had to do was to make sure a State law is passed, outlawing the activities of Fulani jihadists and then use the state assembly to enact a law establishing a security outfit that will destroy the activities of these devils. But if the governor is kowtowing to jihadists cabal, you can't blame the president. Billions are received every month on security.

That is actually good advice. I hope any Plateau native reading your points above will agree with you. The new Governor Caleb like Tinubu is barely a month in office. Word on the street is that they are now reviving the old security framework which was effective under Jang. I think it will be wise to make the move to firmly put those as a solid firm law.

Like I said, he is barely a month in office and the multiple terrorist attacks were actually aimed at forcing a state of emergency that could lead to him sidelined. The Jihadists in and out of the state will love this.

In my earlier posts about this I did not directly blame Tinubu. I challenged his new security chiefs hours before the attack took place to act on that intelligence and protect innocent lives. In this new regard, the new security service chiefs failed. The vigilantes are up and doing but when you have a constitution that stops you from having an AK while your enemy arrives with hundreds of AKs and RPGs what do you think might likely happen. Tinubu needs to make the laws that allows these various state and or community police carry equally sophisticated weapons too...because we know how the legal system will fault and challenge any state law that unilaterally tries to make that happen.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Asswipemod: 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2023
J3susFr3ak:

That is actually good advice. I hope any Plateau native reading your points above will agree with you. The new Governor Caleb like Tinubu is barely a month in office. Word on the street is that they are now reviving the old security framework which was effective under Jang. I think it will be wise to make the move to firmly put those as a solid firm law.

Like I said, he is barely a month in office and the multiple terrorist attacks were actually aimed at forcing a state of emergency that could lead to him sidelined. The Jihadists in and out of the state will love this.

In my earlier posts about this I did not directly blame Tinubu. I challenged his new security chiefs hours before the attack took place to act on that intelligence and protect innocent lives. In this new regard, the new security service chiefs failed. The vigilantes are up and doing but when you have a constitution that stops you from having an AK while your enemy arrives with hundreds of AKs and RPGs what do you think might likely happen. Tinubu needs to make the laws that allows these various state and or community police carry equally sophisticated weapons too...because we know how the legal system will fault and challenge any state law that unilaterally tries to make that happen.

Yeah. It's just messed up. The Fulanis are the problem in Nigeria. Until someone crazy enough to square up with them and expose the sponsors is there. I hope Tinubu can do that.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by TheAdvocate(m): 8:04pm On Jun 22, 2023
Heroicvic:

I'm not an easterner you this dull goat
Anyone that have any opinion is igbo?

Why are you so stupid abi your mama carry your belle run?

Bitterness runs in your family. It's obvious that you had a traumatized childhood and you want to vent the anger you have against your parents on strangers you don't know. Get well soonest bro.
Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2023
Why Mangu?
Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by J3susFr3ak: 10:18pm On Jun 22, 2023
NamelessOGBENI:
Why Mangu?

I think the current Governor is from there. The neighboring local government areas have a strong Plateau-first bias--which means giving the original Indigenous ethnic groups total rights over their own land.

Lalong was from Shendam and was trying to import a very strange feudal Islamic style communism through all that RUGA nonsense. He never offered his own ancestral lands for such a goofy experiment. But other people's lands were being bargained for against their own will.

Hence...the violent resurgence by Fulani Terrorists and their dangerous Aso-Rock and Arewa cabal allies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by J3susFr3ak: 10:24pm On Jun 22, 2023
Asswipemod:

Yeah. It's just messed up. The Fulanis are the problem in Nigeria. Until someone crazy enough to square up with them and expose the sponsors is there. I hope Tinubu can do that.

Concur regards to the first point. Very loony lawless set of people doing lewd madness in the darkness while pretending to be normal and civilized in the day light...

We emphatically say no to Islamic Communism using the entity and agencies of a secular Federal Government as tools to commit land theft Jihad madness. Things ought to be defined the way they are and not hidden behind an artificial "farmer-herder" clash nonsense.

There is enough land in Niger Republic and Chad for every Fulani cattle to settle there forever!

Hoping the President ultimate does the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by grandstar(m): 11:54pm On Jun 22, 2023
4Play:

This is a stupid take. Fulani killings have been going on long before Buhari and are actually widespread across West and Central Africa. It doesn't matter who you have as president.

What the president can do is significantly increase the size of the military and police, in addition to providing them with the equipment, to combat this insecurity.

The ignorance of people to the going on is shocking.

Many are unaware that the Fulani bandits arose due to conflict between Hausa farmers and herdsmen. Their herdsmen livelihood were threatened and the bandits began as a form of militia force to protect their kin but later became criminal. Some bandits still stay true to their fight for justice believing the Hausas are the transgressors here.

A narrative that it is a Muslim vs Christian conflict seems more palatable than the truth. Hausas have it as bad as other tribes if not worse. The Muslim Hausa states are the stronghold of the bandits. They aren't engrained in the South except the herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by J3susFr3ak: 1:04am On Jun 23, 2023
grandstar:

The ignorance of people to the going on is shocking.

Many are unaware that the Fulani bandits arose due to conflict between Hausa farmers and herdsmen. Their herdsmen livelihood were threatened and the bandits began as a form of militia force to protect their kin but later became criminal. Some bandits still stay true to their fight for justice believing the Hausas are the transgressors here.

A narrative that it is a Muslim vs Christian conflict seems more palatable than the truth. Hausas have it as bad as other tribes if not worse. The Muslim Hausa states are the stronghold of the bandits. They aren't engrained in the South except the herdsmen.

Thankfully Plateau was never a Muslim Hausa "sharia" state--either in this day and age as well as in pre-colonial history. The Plateau natives are also not ethnically Hausa. They have their own ethnic identities and languages. In fact, the British white man was the first to penetrate the whole Jos Plateau and has been on record stating that they came together with some Southerners and Northern Hausa guides to try to reason with the rather wild Plateau natives at that time to allow them to mine for tin. It took the British war to finally break open and penetrate the whole Plateau. No Hausa or Fulani migrated there before the British. It is all written by the Brits in their records. All this modern day lies about grazing routes are bold faced lies to forcefully attach to a place, leach and steal.

And even during the Colonial era when the Jos mines were opened for business--the Fulanis were forbidden from migrating their cows on the Jos Plateau because the British were wise to know that their companies prospecting for tin and other stuff needed total control of such places. The Fulanis had to seek permission from the local native authorities for a permit to graze for a very limited time--before they could proceed to their Bauchi or Adamawa where there not such strict restrictions.

The dimension of the last attacks specifically targeted the burning of Churches, the murder of Pastors and other ethnic leaders. How can you separate that from being a religious war? In fact, within the same attackers are fulani herders, backed by Fulani policemen and soldiers engaging in terrorist activities. Do you see why there is a lot more than meets the eye there? The cow is just a distraction.
Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Asswipemod: 1:35am On Jun 23, 2023
J3susFr3ak:

Concur regards to the first point. Very loony lawless set of people doing lewd madness in the darkness while pretending to be normal and civilized in the day light...

We emphatically say no to Islamic Communism using the entity and agencies of a secular Federal Government as tools to commit land theft Jihad madness. Things ought to be defined the way they are and not hidden behind an artificial "farmer-herder" clash nonsense.

There is enough land in Niger Republic and Chad for every Fulani cattle to settle there forever!

Hoping the President ultimate does the right thing.

You captured everything.
Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by grandstar(m): 1:54am On Jun 23, 2023
J3susFr3ak:

Thankfully Plateau was never a Muslim Hausa "sharia" state--either in this day and age as well as in pre-colonial history. The Plateau natives are also not ethnically Hausa. They have their own ethnic identities and languages. In fact, the British white man was the first to penetrate the whole Jos Plateau and has been on record stating that they came together with some Southerners and Northern Hausa guides to try to reason with the rather wild Plateau natives at that time to allow them to mine for tin. It took the British war to finally break open and penetrate the whole Plateau. No Hausa or Fulani migrated there before the British. It is all written by the Brits in their records. All this modern day lies about grazing routes are bold faced lies to forcefully attach to a place, leach and steal.

And even during the Colonial era when the Jos mines were opened for business--the Fulanis were forbidden from migrating their cows on the Jos Plateau because the British were wise to know that their companies prospecting for tin and other stuff needed total control of such places. The Fulanis had to seek permission from the local native authorities for a permit to graze for a very limited time--before they could proceed to their Bauchi or Adamawa where there not such strict restrictions.

The dimension of the last attacks specifically targeted the burning of Churches, the murder of Pastors and other ethnic leaders. How can you separate that from being a religious war? In fact, within the same attackers are fulani herders, backed by Fulani policemen and soldiers engaging in terrorist activities. Do you see why there is a lot more than meets the eye there? The cow is just a distraction.

I'm not saying there isn't some religious sentiment involved but labeling all as religious or ethnic is simply wrong.

I was actually forced to research fulani banditry. A BBC documentary actually brought the truth to light.

The bandits when seeking people to kidnap in the deep North, separate the Fulanis and let them go. They kidnap Hausas and others.
Likewise, when the Fulani militias attack Christians, is it any different when they attack Hausas? Their religion easily separates them.

Anyway, the real problem is Fulani herding which must be restricted or as Tinubu said, modernized.

My younger brother tried small scale goat farming in our home town and people started poisoning the goats. They no send say we be "omo nile".

It is a big cow from someone who is not an indigene that would now eat up crops and you expect the farmers to fold their hands?

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:42am On Jun 23, 2023
J3susFr3ak:

I think the current Governor is from there. The neighboring local government areas have a strong Plateau-first bias--which means giving the original Indigenous ethnic groups total rights over their own land.

Lalong was from Shendam and was trying to import a very strange feudal Islamic style communism through all that RUGA nonsense. He never offered his own ancestral lands for such a goofy experiment. But other people's lands were being bargained for against their own will.

Hence...the violent resurgence by Fulani Terrorists and their dangerous Aso-Rock and Arewa cabal allies.
You might not be off the mark, I was born and brought up in Plateau state still went there once in a while, my back and forth journey to Maraba Kantoma, Barkin Ladi makes me cry a lot of time, a densely populated subsistence farming community has now been ravaged, pillaged and run over by some evil elements.

I weep for my lovely Plateau.
Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Thomasankara(m): 9:17am On Jun 23, 2023
[/color]what the hell is happening in Mangu,the former governor happens to come from there[color=#770077]
Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Heroicvic(m): 11:54am On Jun 23, 2023
TheAdvocate:

Bitterness runs in your family. It's obvious that you had a traumatized childhood and you want to vent the anger you have against your parents on strangers you don't know. Get well soonest bro.

Do you even have a family
Omoworare 😂
Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by Arewagang: 12:33pm On Jun 23, 2023
And where is the Tiger & Lion IGP😏
Re: Gunmen Kill 20, Burn Several Houses In Plateau Communities by akakurukukaku(m): 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2023
sultanofpigs:
NEVER...

But let this same news happen in the SE...and you will see, the MOD and cartel of SE affairs analwyze how the SE is unsafe, and push it to FRONT PAGE

You are not happy when the killings and massacres in the South East is brought to the fore. You want your people to be dying in silence. What kind of ignorance is this? I guess you are ashamed that some Yoruba people on Nairaland will laugh at you. Don't allow pride to kill you and your loved ones in silence. Let them laugh at you provided the problems are resolved. Don't allow the shenanigans on Nairaland to cost the lives of your loved ones in real life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Science And Technology – The Key To Nigeria’s Transformation Speech By Dr. Ngozi / NNPC Raises Kerosene Price Thrice In Two Months - Punch Newspaper / President Muhammadu Buhari’s Speech At The Inauguration Of The AFCFTA Committee

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.