Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,396 members, 7,932,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 02:37 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1320689 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (429) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 11:39am On May 07, 2015
@faithfulwife, so happy for you. Congrats and am happy you didn't give up too soon. Our God will keep you sound till you bring forth at HIS own time. For those going through the procedure now, we await your testimonies soon, you will all share your testimonies with us here.

@All, am so sorry for the long silence, so many things transpired but I normally come here to check on what has been happening. So glad that many of you sisters have been calling to find out how we are doing. God has been so faithful. The Generals will be 19months tomorrow, how time flies! Their level of development is just amazing, God has been keeping them very strong and healthy. They do a whole lot of things like singing, mentioning their body parts, calling names etc. I couldn't control my emotions the first time they started calling me DADDY because it was like nobody was going to call me that. God is really good, this joy will go round each and every one of you still in God's waiting room. He is too faithful to fail.
@ Safe06, honeybony, venus and the rest of my sisters here too numerous to mention, I hope you people are doing good. God bless you all.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 1:11pm On May 07, 2015
Thanks so much bros inwangobio, you were really helpful in my time of need and you never got tired of answering my questions. God bless you. My regard to the generals and Amen to your prayers.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by annibro(f): 4:51pm On May 07, 2015
faithfulwife:
@annibro, gestone is in liquid form not tablet. It is oil based.

Hello dear, how are d babies kicking?
Just a quick confamatn, read on google to avoid hot bath after ET. But I think I've seen somwer on dis thread on deeping feet in warm water or using hotwater bottle on abdomen cos embryos prefer 2b warm or so. I can't place it now. Pls wat did u do during d 2wks wait. Keeping warm plus drinking warm drinks or just being normal?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by annibro(f): 4:55pm On May 07, 2015
@inwagoblio; oooh dat part got me emotional as per 'nobody will eva call u DADDY'...
So happy 4u. Indeed no conditn is pamanent. Warm regards 2 ur Large family grin

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 5:46pm On May 07, 2015
faithfulwife:
Thanks so much bros inwangobio, you were really helpful in my time of need and you never got tired of answering my questions. God bless you. My regard to the generals and Amen to your prayers.
[color=#006600][/color]
Congratulations dear and wish u a stress free 9months. Please got a question,did u take baby aspirin in your previous failed cycles or the baby aspirin is the difference u made in your success cycle.My RE wouldn't prescribe baby aspirin for me saying it causes heavy bleeding and I've not been diagnosed of any immunological disfunction that can prevent implantation.
@ bros inwangobio I tap from your blessing,your testimony keeps me positive.Thanks for staying on to encourage us.
@all, baby dust to everyone in God's waiting room we all shall be victorious by His grace.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 07, 2015
@faithfulwife congrats. In Jesus name you will carry them to term. Amen.

I greet everyone with fruitful greetings.

Might start another cycle in two or three months
. Will do all my tests to see am OK before starting.

I will strictly use the drugs I used in my first cycle that got me result. Just prenatal and veggies.

How much did you spend @regenesis Faithful wife? But you don't reside in Lagos how did you cope?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 07, 2015
@IWANGOBIO such a great experience.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 07, 2015
iykmau:
@All join me thank God for the successful delivery of my twins boys
all old members, mama blenddy and papa inwanglobio and others. The Lord that did it for me will do for those at the waiting room.

Congrats dear. I hadly read or come here cos I took a little time off ttc so I don't get to read your post earlier. You came across my mind and checked your name to see the latest post of you and I saw this.

All I can say is waoo, oh my God, who did this, is Jesus. Muah. Congrats big time.

Hugs to them.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 8:24pm On May 07, 2015
@annibro, i avoided hot baths du. I ring my 2www or anything hot on my abdomen. I took things easy throughout and stayed home all through even after my BFP Dh won't still let me out of the house, he has declared total bed rest. Lest I forget, your food during the 2www must be warm, avoid cold food and drinks.
@henmaris, in my previous cycles, I did not use baby aspirin except for this cycle. You only bleed when you want to give birth and it is stopped before then.
@olubankemi, I had to stay in my parents place after ET until I got my BFP after which I came back home. I was determined to give my cycle my all even if it meant having my siblings in the know. I just didn't care anymore. At least the positive side of them knowing was that the number of people praying for me increased. Will pm you the cost.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Zinachimdindu(f): 10:50pm On May 07, 2015
Biggggggggggggg congrats for all the BFPs and thoses that have delivered. Our God is good. God punish devil big time. this joy will go around. Ire Akari oh.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by annibro(f): 11:16pm On May 07, 2015
@
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mytimetotestify: 3:13pm On May 08, 2015
Good day to all mother & father of faith,This thread as really encourage me alot.I am happy for every body that has gotten their bfp and i pray that God will also grant those of us that are still in his waiting room our bfp IJN...AMEN.@faithfulwife congrats,am also ttc for years now and i have done icsi twice in europe with no success,am saving alone some money now for me to come and do it in nigeria...Pls sis & bro i need ur prayers now.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Quincygirl: 11:12pm On May 08, 2015
Hello mothers, I'm new here. I have been reading your posts on this thread and been TTC for 6 years. I wld like to start my procedure by the end of July. Kindly tell me steps to take prior to the procedure in order to be successful. Wishing all expectant mothers safe delivery. And I also pray for all waiting for big fat bfps.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:05am On May 09, 2015
My lovely pple...Pls answer our newbie o
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 09, 2015
Quincygirl:
Hello mothers, I'm new here. I have been reading your posts on this thread and been TTC for 6 years. I wld like to start my procedure by the end of July. Kindly tell me steps to take prior to the procedure in order to be successful. Wishing all expectant mothers safe delivery. And I also pray for all waiting for big fat bfps.

6years no be beans oo. God will hear your cry and grant you your heart desires.

Stay aways from sugar, stay away from soft drinks, eat more vegetables and take fruits, takes at least two littres of water a day, take water first thing in the morning, no stress, excercise some fat out if you have gathered some, start taking prenatals like pregnacare conception, folic acid, eat loads of walnut, avocado pears, and then just praise and wish yourself well without panicking and fear.

After transfer you can arrange to stay around in your clinic for three days before going home. All you need is pay a little token more.
Don't forget to eat beans too.

July is two months away, start taking fertility friendly foods now and also those listed above..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Quincygirl: 9:05pm On May 09, 2015
@ Olubankemi, tips all noted. Thank u
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by matgeezy: 2:07pm On May 10, 2015
Fatimohd:
Hi,

I had an IVF at Srushti fertility centre in chennai. I guess you guys need to look at this option as it has worked for me. The main reasons i travelled all the way to Chennai India to have my treatment are

1. Only half the costs of IVF in Nigeria

2. The drs are highly experienced - they know what they are doing - very confident and caring

3. I was given a personalized IVF protocol to give maximum results

4. I was thought yoga and was given acupuncture and yoga sessions during the course of the treatment which helped me to control my anxiety. My body's flexibility improved so well.

5. Chennai city is a place I want to return for my vacation soon. Such a nice place and its highly safe. Cops are always out there for your security.

Dr samundi and dr divya and Dr Sajitha were so much helpful for my success.

I strongly recommend this place for your ivf. good luck

Any contact numbers please? Would greatly appreciate. Also a breakdown of what u had tp pay,if its not too much of a bother. Thanx so much. Congrats.

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mrskem09(f): 1:59pm On May 11, 2015
Hi Ladies,
I took a long break from ttc, now am back.
we have decided to try iui, so after reading success stories of some fertility clinic. We registered with regenesis and the doc. gave me 3months to lost some weight. Since my bmi says am morbid obese! And we will be running some test too.
Honestly it's been hard to lost the weight, I made up my mind we will have to go through this with or without the weight. The waiting is increasingly depressing and am sure a bfp is what can consol me right now.
Am certain we will win at the end.
i hAve few weeks before for the procedure.

Any advice please?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Opeyinka(f): 3:39pm On May 11, 2015
Hello All, please for those who used gestone injections what dose did you use and how often. My doctor gave me cyclogest 400mg twice a day. Please kindly reply. I wish everyone Bfp. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by georgesmedical: 5:05pm On May 11, 2015
Great News For Parents Within Lagos!!!
There will be ‪#‎FreeMedicalCheckup‬ for kids on Children's Day, Wednesday, May 27th, 2015 at George's Memorial Medical Centre, Lekki. Bring all your kids to consult for ‪#‎FREE‬ with the renowned Paediatricians @ GMMC. There will be lots of fun, freebies and goodie bags for all kids!!!
Be There!!!
‪#‎HappyChildrensDay‬

1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by HANDKERCHI: 10:40am On May 13, 2015
Good morning everyone. Can anyone please help me with blendy email address. I want to make enquires on the fertility hospital at Egypt she talked about sometimes ago.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DrPhanes01: 5:22pm On May 13, 2015
Opeyinka:
Hello All, please for those who used gestone injections what dose did you use and how often. My doctor gave me cyclogest 400mg twice a day. Please kindly reply. I wish everyone Bfp. Thanks
Gestone is prescribed as frequently as 75-100mg deep intramuscular injection daily to alternate days. If you are combining the injection with cyclogest, I will advice alternate day but if you take it alone, I favour 100mg daily. Whatever the circumstances do not take less than 75mg or any occasion. It can be very painful but let what you are looking for motivate you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DrPhanes01: 5:37pm On May 13, 2015
mrskem09:
Hi Ladies,
we have decided to try iui, so after reading success stories of some fertility clinic. We registered with regenesis and the doc. gave me 3months to lost some weight. Since my bmi says am morbid obese! And we will be running some test too.
Honestly it's been hard to lost the weight, I made up my mind we will have to go through this with or without the weight. The waiting is increasingly depressing and am sure a bfp is what can consol me right now.

Any advice please?
Unfortunately,I don't know your BMI. However, if your BMI is over 30kg/m/m, it reduces your chance of success. BMI 35kg/m/m and over significantly reduce your chance of conception and live birth and it increases risk of diabetes, hypertension and other medical condition in pregnancy. My advice is you lose weight before you start. It will be a great thing if you can achieve BMI 30kg/m/m or lose at least 10% of your present weight before you start.
I have a few weight reduction tips for you:
Your Dinner should not be later than 6pm, if you can make lunch your main meal and take fruit two slices of wholebread in the morning and fruit meal for dinner
Stop taking sodas
Walk for at least 90 minutes thrice a week.
If you do these religiously, you'll be amazed what you will achieve in 6 weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mrskem09(f): 10:14pm On May 15, 2015
My bmi is 43. Thanks for the tips. How do I lose 10% within two weeks? because I intend starting the procedure. Af is in few days
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by annibro(f): 6:59pm On May 16, 2015
mrskem09:
Hi Ladies,

Any advice please?

Welcome back dear. According 2 ur post, if sincerly u need advice, I go with d opinion of ur Dr to loose some weight. Ur BMI of 43 is far on the high side. To increase ur chances, u need a BMI of about 25. I wud've given u some hint on how 2 loose wt, but since u've made up ur mind 2 go on, I wish u success & advice u trust God as nothing is impossible with him

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by petb: 8:07am On May 17, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
annibro:

Welcome back dear. According 2 ur post, if sincerly u need advice, I go with d opinion of ur Dr to loose some weight. Ur BMI of 43 is far on the high side. To increase ur chances, u need a BMI of about 25. I wud've given u some hint on how 2 loose wt, but since u've made up ur mind 2 go on, I wish u success & advice u trust God as nothing is impossible with him

U can still go ahead and give us the hint on how t2 loose weight, I need thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by GorgeouslyMade: 1:00pm On May 17, 2015
Hello All.. Thanks for keeping this forum alive and running...
You guys have been sending out useful info and been helping others. God bless you.
Am new here. Been ttc since 2011. Tried all sorts.
Thinking of ivf recently... Even attended some discussion forum at Nordica fertility center yesterday..
I have a question...please..
I deduce majority of ivf don't succeed the first time... Is that right?
Meaning, intended people may have to get prepared for extra funds should incase of second or third trial?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 17, 2015
You might be lucky on ur first trial depending on ur age.i am still facing same situation...thinkin IVF route

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 3:12pm On May 17, 2015
@GeorgeouslyMade, like teana said, you might be lucky at the first trial and you might not. Whenever you are ready to start your cycle, just believe it will work for you and it just might.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by GorgeouslyMade: 11:29am On May 18, 2015
@Teena4040 @Faithfulwife
Thank you..
Prayer is the key. God help us all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by HawtMummie(f): 2:50pm On May 19, 2015
Can someone help with the cost of ivf @ regenesis? Just when one saves, that when one family issue will crop up and off goes your hard earned savings...a well learnt lesson. Nothing is yours except what is yours personally. Dnt mind my ranting ohh. After six years of trying actively...one sees all sort. Focus is key. May our prayers be answered soonest. Amin.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 5:54pm On May 19, 2015
HawtMummie, cost of ivf @ regenesis is 350k for the procedure while the cost of drugs is between 350 to 400k. So in all, you might pay between 700 and 750k using your own eggs but if you are older and require donor eggs, the cost is higher. Hope this helps.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (429) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.