Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,083 members, 7,890,586 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:25 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1304243 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (426) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 7:57pm On Nov 05, 2012
@baba bosun it is well just be positive and prayerfull my advise like everyone is to listen to your doctor run the test as soon as possible and you can also get some supplement that will boost your immune system and even after the test is still the same just start treatment and worst case you go for assisted reproduction ivf there is nothing new in this world if your wife loves you she will stay with you till the end.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kikelomoje: 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2012
@ Baba bosun,It is well with u,make sure u go for test and if there is drug given u as a result of the test, take it religiously.The worse that can happen is IVF,there is nothing new under the heaven.Try to encourage yourself and prayerful.

@ Pikinmama,i read some your posts and found it so useful and helpful.I really thank God for urlife, my regards to ur orobo boy.
@ Blend,How are u and your twins
@ All,hope everybody is doing fine.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 4:50pm On Nov 08, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 4:54pm On Nov 08, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 5:02pm On Nov 08, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 7:52pm On Nov 08, 2012
@pikinmama eeh you are too funny i cant just stop laughing with this ur pigin,thank God for ur life jare my sister,imagine nigerian mentality,may God help us sha.

@to all our preggy ladies blendy,okili,topal,mrsm and all others i wish you all a smooth and safe delivery.

@and to all of us doing our cycle this month i wish us all sucess ooooo,i pray by next month we should all be anouncing our bfp.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kike100: 10:28pm On Nov 08, 2012
All Peggy divas, I wish you a powerful,embarrassing grace of God as you countdown your 9 months ooooooo! We are joining you shortly IJN wink
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:30pm On Nov 08, 2012
Pikin mama, u be serious case.
Anyways, it suits the Lady right. when psalm23 started this thread, it was one of the issues we discussed, pretence. Have had so many friends who kept denying they did ivf. I have this particular friend who said her pregnancy entered miraculously one day without her knowledge after 11 yrs. Another day she forgot what she told me initially and was gisting me how she went for pregnancy test the day her Dr told her to come but her brother was in the car and she didnt want him to kno why she went to the clinic that day so she made him wait in the car. Another day she was advising me to try ivf and i told her i've done 2 already and she asked me where n I mentioned omni, and she said oh no, why didnt you tell me so I can give you my Dr's number, he is very good and he does just ivf. I laughed like I've never laughed b4 and told her I'll com for it when I need it. This lady was supposed to be a pastor's wife and I used to look up to her for advice and co since I was just 2 yrs in marriage then while she was 11yrs so u can imagine how disappointed I was.
We really need to change our mindset where ivf and other ART is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kikelomoje: 10:01am On Nov 09, 2012
@ pikinmama & blendy,I cannot Laugh too much joo,He's only God that will deliver Naija people from their mentality concerning IVF,some even believe it's a sin.I was at a seminal 2mths ago where a doctor was counseling us that after trying for 2yrs and nothing happened, it's good to go for ivf or iui and a woman shouted IT IS A SIN OOO,i later asked her why?and she said because they are going to discard the remaining embryos and i told her to do the right thing before it's too late for her.Later she came to me and said madam can you do it and said YES,she was just looking at me until we finished that seminal.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 11:23am On Nov 09, 2012
hello ladies, @ pikinmama, tanks for all ur contributions and well wishes to all of us on the process.may we have good success as well. hello everyone. @abibyy where r u in ur cycle? maybe we can be cycle buddies as am due to start stimms next week? anyone cycling this month? pls join us, lets knw were we all are. goodluck and babydust to all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by babytito: 11:40am On Nov 09, 2012
@piknamama u super funny o.any way thanks for d advise may God in hes infinite mercy grant you safe delivery . @blendy hows d twins doing may God grant you safe delivery like wise the other pregnant woman i dint mention.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 09, 2012
Super funny one there @pikinmama,as always there's a lot of truth within ur humour. My sisters(n brother),I'm starting my ivf cycle 2day at Regenesis fertility clinic in ikeja n I want to join my faith with that of others here who r also in their cycle. I declare it a multiple(pun intended) success in Jesus' mighty name. Pls is there any other thing I shld be doing/not doing to maximise my chances?diet, habits,etc. Pls I'll appreciate some gd advice from all of u especially our mothers n mothers2be.@blendy77,hp ure doin very well n hwz d LO n DH doin?tanx 4 replyn my post d other time, n I thnk it was u who recommended Regenesis clinic too. The doc there is quite honest n committed n I pray God for success n bfp in my own situation as well as every1 else's.@bababosun fruitfulness is ur portion IJN.Take God's word concerning this issue as d only n final word,do d needful on ur part(tests, drugs, diet,etc)n God will bless u n evry one of us,Amen. Sori 4 d long post ooooo my pple.I'm still waitn 4 d useful pieces of advice pls o.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 09, 2012
@Damsell, I say a very BIG congrats in advance cos its already a SUCESS. I was the one who recommended Regenesis after getting a BFP at my first IUI attempt in September .Basically, there aren't any hard/fast rules, be very POSITIVE and PRAYERFUL. Speak to Dr Nobert about all your fears and worries and am sure you'll be fine. Will be praying for you!
HUGSSSS!!!
@ all fruitfull mothers, your testmonies are by the corner.Pls keep the faith and God bless you all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 7:55pm On Nov 09, 2012
@oviasuoth,@damsell we're cycle budies oooo am also due to start stimm next week i pray the scan goes well with us,i really dont know your protocol but i think you should also have the scan to show the ovaries are shut down before stimm,i've started using some sought of nasal spray called synarel,i think is similar to brusselin,no any side effect for me,am so nervous now i just cant wait for next week to start the menopur injection.i wish us all the best please if you have any information share oooo.loads of baby dust to us all.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by olikili: 6:55am On Nov 10, 2012
Hi all @ pickimama ur story kept me loling Nigerians
Lie and pretend a lot I feel that even if u had ur baby through IVF its still God that did it becos many people try it without success. Anyways for those stiming this month babydust to u all we are waiting to celebrate ur BFP.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 9:29am On Nov 10, 2012
hello ladies, @olikili how r ur triplets doing? hope u r nt stressed. if i may ask how many embryos were transferred for you? blendy, how r faring as well? good luck ladies.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 10:12am On Nov 10, 2012
@abibyy am on bruserelin, just had my scan to show how suppressed i was on thursday. so doctor has give a go ahead for me to start my stimms nxt week. will be on menioral. i think its same as menopur. am so anxious and hoping for the best for all of us.which clinic are u using? the side effect so far on bruserelin for me is headache and constant wetness down der. how mant ampoules of menopur r u taking? am using 2(150) ampoules.
@damsell, where r u in ur cycle? babydust to all of us.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kikelomoje: 10:35am On Nov 10, 2012
I say a big congrats in advance to those stiming this month,I declare to u:go and get ur BFP in Jesus name.AMEN
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by olikili: 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2012
@ oviasouth we are doing fine I've stopped work on bedrest though for now am at home for now I'll eventually finish up in the hospital.3 embryos were transfered and they all decided to hang in there
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 3:11pm On Nov 10, 2012
@oviasouth am so anxious as well,am using menopur 2(1ml of solvent and powder) i realy dont know much about it as i aven't open the carton the nurse told me to leave it in the fridge till next week when i will be tought how to use it,i really pray my scan goes well so i can start stimm same time as you,we are not in naija ooo my sister but i think the protocol is the same i wish us sucess.

@damsell how is your cycle going av you started stimm too,i wish us good luck.loads of baby dust to everyone of us.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 4:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
@ Abibyy, when i read you're using nasal spray, i was going to ask what clinic you're having your ivf cos I havent heard of its usage here in Naija till u said you're not in Naija.
Good to know most of us are starting this month. I hand over the batten of twins and triplets to you all. It is sealed and settled that you all must come out with results in Jesus name. We are all waiting to celebrate this 11th hour miracle with all of u. 2013 will witness all our baby dedication in Jesus name. Congrats in advance to all of you.

@ All, we are good, the twins are doing great, gaining weight by the day, we are 26weeks today and by God's grace, 12 more weeks or less to go. Hubby is excited and cant wait to hold his own. In all we thank God and for once since we got married 6yrs ago, we are looking forward to celebrating Chrismas. God is truly awesome. Baby dust to y'all.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 2:27pm On Nov 14, 2012
@pikinmama i don laugh tire,how are you all doing?blendy darling how far,joyful mothers una welldone o,am a little discouraged so i wanted to share some thoughts.Few months ago my hubby told me am not serious abt this baby matter and he told me abt a friend of ours who had a similar challenge and they have put to bed now,so i asked them which doctor they used o,my sisters,the revelation i got was alarming,na agbo o ,somewhere in Ondo but the part i dont understand is that no scan will see the baby so all the antenatal she did was by taking agbo o ,and the people will give her the EDD and you must deliver in their own clinic.I lost my peace when i was told and kept asking why won't a scan see the baby,the preg no go even show too much sef but she don born,i really do not have plans to go that route and guess what delivery is N1.2mm and you must go with cash and i hear it's less than 10mins to deliver o.Hubby of cos does not want that route too .

Anyway i don go see Emeka but am waiting for my periods so i can do my tests.

he said i may have to do IUI first since my tubes are fine but if you ask me i just want to go the IVF route first,really anxious ,been 7yrs already and i feel so guilty i did not take this serious until now.
i also want to encourage us all to ask questions whn we are not sure,ive been mismanaged a lot in the past ,am only lucky that am still alive o ,i once had a cardiac arrest while trying to do a laparascopy o can anyone beat that.Thank God for his mercies,he's still faithful.

i'll be on leave from Friday,and am heading to prayer citi from next week just to go and charge up
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2012
By the way when my triplets or twins come i will tell anyone that cares to listen that it was IUI /IVF,i remember asking my darling mother to loan me 1mm for IVf abt 3 yrs ago and her exact words were she does not use her money for such.I will remind her when the babies eventually come.

That still hurts me even as am typing now

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 4:37pm On Nov 14, 2012
tanidabi, wishing you good success in ur decisions. u shall also be successful. we shall all celebrate our babies come next year hy God's grace.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 7:21pm On Nov 14, 2012
Tanidabi Darling, am glad you and ur hubby decided not to follow that agbo route cos u wod have regretted it. Its very common in PH where I grew up and a lot of my friends actually cajoled me into trying these women out but I refused. Do u know why? 3 of my friends are divorced today because of the babies they got from there. The babies were not actually theirs. The agbo midwives will call u when a baby is readily available and tell u u're already in labor. The painful thg about this whole fraud is that they will tear u or do emergency CS to make it look real.
One of my very close friend who had her baby thru them was called while attending a wedding that she shd come down immediately that she's already in labor. She went from the wedding without informing her hubby and after tearing her, they gave her a baby boy. The hubby refused to accept the baby after he told them he wants to run a dna test and the midwives advised her against it so the man gave her the option of returning the baby and ending the marriage and she choose to leave him.
Recently in the Uk, it was discovered that a Nigerian couple was not the biological parents of their baby of many yrs. After arresting them and taking them to court, the woman confessed that a relative took her to a midwife who delivered her of the baby after telling her she was pregnant even when PT was negative and scan too showed no pregnancy.
Another close friend of mine also almost got into their trap if not for the hubby who insisted he must be in the labor room with them if not he will get the midwife arrested. He was allowed in and after tearing the poor girl up, they told her that the witch disturbing them was too strong that was why the baby disappeared. This act is very common in the eastern states like ihiala, abia, oyingbo and ph. Its about 350k-500k. They will tell u you're pregnant, no positive pregnacy, no sac seen in scan, and finally you will know them when they tell u its only them that can deliver of the pregnacy if they assist u to get pregnant. They make u believe the pregnancy is spiritual.
My sisters just avoid them except you've made up your mind to adopt. Even at that, its illegal adoption with no documentation and if anythg goes wrong, maybe the real mother of the baby resurfaces, be sure they will come back for the baby. My younger sis who is a lawyer is currently handling one of such case in PH. You can imagine the embarassment the whole saga has caused on the couple cos my sister told me newsmen and photographers always come around to snap the couple whenever they go to court.
Before I got pregnant with ivf, 2 of my colleagues invited me to ihiala that they've found the solution to our problem as somebody in Ihiala wants to assist them in getting pregnant and the condition is that they will deliver with the women and pay 500k for delivery. Both women are yorubas so I asked them that what will they tell their husband as the reason for going all the way to ihiala in anambra state to deliver when our company uses st Nicholas and other big hospitals here in Lag? They told me the midwife said they shd say its a spiritual attack and only the midwives can deliver them. I said ok o, me, my husband is in Lagos, my parents in PH and my inlaws in warri so I won't be able to explain my reason for going that far to give birth. Within 3 months, both ladies returned with. 2 sets of twins after wearin maternity clothes for like a month. Me I just watched them as the news started spreading in the office they they both delivered one day apart and they travelled abroad to give birth. I smiled and also praised God with others for their life since they are happy with themselves.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 7:58pm On Nov 14, 2012
@thanks blendy77 i also read about that nigerian couple,things are hapening may God never let us know the route to such places,anyway i believe the twins are kicking counting down the remainig twelve weeks,i wish you safe delivery and every other preggy moms on this thread.

@tanidabi i wish u sucess in ur iui/ivf journey.

@oviasouth how ar u doing with ur stimm has the headache stop,av also started my injection, so far everything is fine exept that i av also been having this constant headache and when i told them at the clinic they said is the drugs so is one of the side effect of the nasal spray am on,is not easy at all.may God bless us with our long awaited heart desire very very soon.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 9:25am On Nov 15, 2012
@abibyy, am fine we r really close cycle buddies as today will be my day 3 on stimms.babydust!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 15, 2012
@ Olikili congrats o! So happy for you. What a triple blessing,a mouth opening miracle. Thank God for u and ur DH. The good Lord will preserve the pregnancy, give u strenghth and cause u to deliver safely. @ tanidabi thank God that u and ur huby were wiser than them o!. Don't worry, as u have decided to do d right thing God will give u double( twins) for ur delay. @ Blendy Na wa oh!! A lot of evil things are really going on in d world, may God have mercy. I think igorance is the root cause of all dz wrong way of trying to have children. It's well my sister, so how are u and d twins, hope u are strong and they are kicking fine too. Wishing u a safe delivery. @ every body may God answer all our prayers o !.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 15, 2012
This baby crime business is really disturbing!! These tricksters need to be exposed, cos I'm sure some of these babies must have been stolen.

To all the preggie mamas and soon to be may God keep u all through this and congrats!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kikelomoje: 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2012
@Tanidabi thank God U& ur DH decided not 2 follow dat route,don't worry your twins are very near.@all,we should not be ignorant of devices of devil because we are looking for child and i pray God will answer our prayers.he will not just give us a child but as many as we decided to have.
To all our preggo mamas in the house,hope u're fine.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 9:27am On Nov 16, 2012
how is everyone doing?
@ 0viasouth good to know u have started stiming. are u still using the bridge?pls all you ladies on your ivf cycle, pls try nd relax and eat healthy.
By God's grace hopefully when i start my ivf cycle u all should be like 3 months preggie.
@mama twins and mama triplets hope you are enjoying every moment of ur pregnancy. wish u girls goooooooood health.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (426) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.