Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,768 members, 7,889,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:57 PM

Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? (8934 Views)

Visa Exempt Countries For US, UK and Schengen Permit Holders / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by khan2073(m): 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2011
I have noticed most of the people here are seeking US and Uk visas or information about them? I think it is time new places are discovered as well and we should open our minds to the whole world. What do you think?
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by DisGuy: 6:56pm On Oct 03, 2011
The processes are familiar, the language, the society and perhaps weather and education system
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by OmoTier1(m): 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2011
In addition to ^^^Historical ties,family unions,and easy of integration into those societies.
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by damola1: 1:46am On Oct 04, 2011
China is great, so is France, but to buttress the points above, even Ireland I heard is cool, so is Australia, but aunty is not in any of these places, neither can I speak french nor Chinese,
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by AjanleKoko: 2:38am On Oct 04, 2011
I know lots of French West Africans who migrated to France and Quebec.
It's logical. You migrate to where you can easily integrate.
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by ace4luv69(m): 9:20am On Oct 04, 2011
The main thing is not getting d visa bt knowing wat 2 du wen u get there, as 4 me if i see job wetin i dey do here bt if there's nufin 4 me, wetin i dy do there?
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by iwemfoo: 9:21am On Oct 04, 2011
Me sef I tire   I don't think the UK is that great and I am seriously considering moving to hong kong.
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by dipo1: 9:34am On Oct 04, 2011
What y'all think of Canada?
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 04, 2011
Waste of Destiny!!! "A lizard in Nigeria would not turn out to be a crocodile in USA or UK", Its easier to make money here than there,
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by sylve11: 10:06am On Oct 04, 2011
Ijogz K:

Waste of Destiny!!! "A lizard in Nigeria would not turn out to be a crocodile in USA or UK", Its easier to make money here than there,

much more easier my brother. . . smiley cool
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by justwise(m): 10:43am On Oct 04, 2011
Ijogz K:

. . .then why are thousands of Nigerians leaving every yr to the UK? Can you tell us you made that money legally easily that other Nigerians doesn't know?
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by maclatunji: 10:54am On Oct 04, 2011
Not everybody is actually.
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by Machmaker: 11:20am On Oct 04, 2011
The dream abt the proverbial "greener pasture",the harsh realities of living in Nigeria,internet-driven craze (most youths are easily carried away by pix of Nigerians in dev countries) is the actual driving force! cry cry
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by Sike(m): 11:31am On Oct 04, 2011
Dis Guy:

The processes are familiar, the language, the society and perhaps weather and education system
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 04, 2011
Lol @ UK, the s.hithole. One of the ugliest countries i have ever graced. I agree though that language, family ties and ease of integration may be the cause because UK d.amn sure isn't even on my list of top 20 countries to live in. Expensive, old and overrated.
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by http(m): 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2011
When i've already bought Ghana-must-go bags here for my journey home, grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by DisGuy: 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2011
Bandit C.:

Lol @ UK, the s.hithole. One of the ugliest countries i have ever graced. I agree though that language, family ties and ease of integration may be the cause because UK d.amn sure isn't even on my list of top 20 countries to live in. Expensive, old and overrated.

lol @ old

yyou mean keeping their traditional architecture is now a problem for a would be economic migrant?
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2011
Dis Guy:

lol @ old

yyou mean keeping their traditional architecture is now a problem for a would be economic migrant?

Lol, my brother not so but for how long would they keep those ugly, outdated structures in the name of tradition? The world is moving on and they should too. Mind you that when i say old i also mean their whole lifestyle. These people still use toilets with push-handles when flushing. Talk about old.
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by EEngineer1(m): 2:53pm On Oct 04, 2011
justwise:

[/b]

. . .then why are thousands of Nigerians leaving every yr to the UK? Can you tell us you made that money legally easily that other Nigerians doesn't know?

of course other nigerians dont know, dont you know knowledge is power, the reason why people are running there is because they are misinformed
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by 2bosun: 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2011
Bandit C.:

Lol, my brother not so but for how long would they keep those ugly, outdated structures in the name of tradition? The world is moving on and they should too. Mind you that when i say old i also mean their whole lifestyle. These people still use toilets with push-handles when flushing. Talk about old.

Fair enough but those "ugly and outdated structures" is what makes the UK the #1 destination for property investors in the world. Ask any "wealthy" man worth his salt, if you ain't own a house in London- you just ain't there yet.

Expensive to live in YES, old- NO, and Overrated- DEFINITELY NOT!!
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by atasteve: 3:00pm On Oct 04, 2011
It is because people have programmed themselves to believe that good things can't happen to them until they travel out.

Abroad doesn't work for everybody and mind you "a chicken in Nigeria cannot become an eagle in UK/US"

What doesn't come from above (God) cannot come from abroad.
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by justwise(m): 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2011
atasteve:

It is because people have programmed themselves to believe that good things can't happen to them until they travel out.

Abroad doesn't work for everybody and mind you "a chicken in Nigeria cannot become an eagle in UK/US"

What doesn't come from above (God) cannot come from abroad.

Was Jay Jay Okocha discovered as one the best players in the world in Nigeria? Do you know how many Nigerians who failed to make it educational wise   and left Nigeria and become successful?

So God is not in abroad?
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 04, 2011
2bosun:

Fair enough but those "ugly and outdated structures" is what makes the UK the #1 destination for property investors in the world. Ask any "wealthy" man worth his salt, if you ain't own a house in London- you just ain't there yet.

Expensive to live in YES, old- NO, and Overrated- DEFINITELY NOT!!

No, just No!! If you believe that London or even UK as a whole is the preferred destination for property investors, then you are grossly misinformed. Have you ever heard of southern European countries and the Caribbean? Check those places out in relation to property investment by wealthy people and get back at me. Oh and if you believe the UK is not an old and outdated country, then you must not have been to so many advanced countries.
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by PeeBee: 4:16pm On Oct 04, 2011
damola1:

China is great, so is France, but to buttress the points above, even Ireland I heard is cool, so is Australia, but aunty is not in any of these places, neither can I speak french nor Chinese,

lol, so true
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by Tosinville(m): 4:37pm On Oct 04, 2011
US make sense o! and its guaranteed 75% of Nigerians will make it there with full determination & knowing the reason why you're there but in Nigeria thats another different story, the masses barely take their 3 square meal again and for how long poor man pikin would keep saying "e go beta?" does ones wey take am yesterday don die finish.

If anyone tryna convince you now that Nigeria is great that you should come back home, ask him/her does he/she has a good job to offer you in Nigeria? Shekinah!
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by dustydee: 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2011
Tosinville:

US make sense o! and its guaranteed 75% of Nigerians will make it there with full determination & knowing the reason why you're there but in Nigeria thats another different story, the masses barely take their 3 square meal again and for how long poor man pikin would keep saying "e go beta?" does ones wey take am yesterday don die finish.

If anyone tryna convince you now that Nigeria is great that you should come back home, ask him/her does he/she has a good job to offer you in Nigeria? Shekinah!
How did you arrive at that figure? got the statistics? or do you mean 75% of your friends or village people?
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by saraj(f): 6:03pm On Oct 04, 2011
The obvious reason is that there is no language barrier.
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by r231(m): 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2011
brb
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by mikron(m): 6:19pm On Oct 04, 2011
cos they speak only english. And britain are our colonial masters. Besides that is where the action is
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by Spyker: 6:30pm On Oct 04, 2011
The reason is simple. They are the world power now, when the power was with the Romans, the entire world was shouting Roman, the entire bible was written citing only Romans, so, now the entire world is shouting USA, UK because that's simply where the power is. The day power shifts to another country, no one will sing America again, it will sound like Germany during the time of Hitler.
As for economic reason, you can make it anywhere even in Nigeria, it all depends on luck.
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by mxxpunkxx: 6:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
justwise:

[/b]

Gbam!! please tell them, it's easier to make money in Niaja, yes illegally, of course.

Knowledge is power, yet millions of graduates roam d streets of unemployment . . .  or u wanna say they aren't knowledgeable too? All of em?

If you wanna make dirty money, naija is good . . but don;t base your judgment on this !!!  No no no

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difficulties Paying For 2years UK VISA Fees. / Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. / Cheapest Masters School And Course In Canada?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.