Stats: 3,173,776 members, 7,889,496 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:45 PM

Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? (8935 Views)

Visa Exempt Countries For US, UK and Schengen Permit Holders / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by vladimiros: 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2011
till this day i wonder why nigerians don't move to australia or canada
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by 9jafreak: 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2011
vladimiros:

till this day i wonder why nigerians don't move to australia or canada

[size=14pt]
Because it is nigh impossible for a common man to migrate there (Toronto and Melbourne are the world's two most liveable cities)

Melbourne is heaven --I've been there. Modern with a fine mix of Victorian Aura, artistic, culturally rich, peaceful, super clean, good air quality, incredibly liveable, and there are plenty of jobs. In fact, I was stunned to realize that the vast majority of illegal immigrants in Australia are British and Irish citizens (google it). They never want to go back after their 1 year working visa expire. Plus Country is a continent. . . so spread your wings

But I do not know anybody who has gone to Australia from Nigeria (The Embassy in Abuja does not even issue visas. You need to send applications to South Africa which can take between 8 months and 1 year and Canadian embassy in Nigeria always refer people to the Ghana Office for student and permanent residency visas)

Australia is the ONLY country in the world I know where the overwhelming Nigerian population are well-off and not into illegalities or hustling menial jobs unlike the UK, Ireland or the US.

Reason is simple:

They are all students and experts (doctors, professors, etc)

It's the easiest way to get in and it's darn life-changing! Plus, getting a permanent residence in Australia (and Canada too) is easy after 3 years.

(If many of these people can come back to invest in Nigeria, things will improve significantly
[/size]
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by sandysprax(m): 10:05pm On Oct 04, 2011
9jafreak:

[size=14pt]
Because it is nigh impossible for a common man to migrate there (Toronto and Melbourne are the world's two most liveable cities)

Melbourne is heaven --I've been there. Modern with a fine mix of Victorian Aura, artistic, culturally rich, peaceful, super clean, good air quality, incredibly liveable, and there are plenty of jobs. In fact, I was stunned to realize that the vast majority of illegal immigrants in Australia are British and Irish citizens (google it). They never want to go back after their 1 year working visa expire. Plus Country is a continent. . . so spread your wings

But I do not know anybody who has gone to Australia from Nigeria (The Embassy in Abuja does not even issue visas. You need to send applications to South Africa which can take between 8 months and 1 year and Canadian embassy in Nigeria always refer people to the Ghana Office for student and permanent residency visas)

Australia is the ONLY country in the world I know where the overwhelming Nigerian population are well-off and not into illegalities or hustling menial jobs unlike the UK, Ireland or the US.

Reason is simple:

They are all students and experts (doctors, professors, etc)

It's the easiest way to get in and it's darn life-changing! Plus, getting a permanent residence in Australia (and Canada too) is easy after 3 years.

(If many of these people can come back to invest in Nigeria, things will improve significantly
[/size]

shocked shocked :oAre u serious?.What is even in Australia that makes it so sef.
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by Bisijohn: 11:02pm On Oct 04, 2011
My dear people, I live in Sydney Australia. Here is far from home and there are few Nigerians here. The immigration is tight,but once you have all your papers,you don't even need visa interview for your visa to be granted.

The reasons why most people, particularly Youths travel out of the country, is to seek better opportunity. I can see that we are actually 100yrs behind back in Nigeria. How i wish our leaders can put selfishness behind and develop the nation at least for the future generation.

There so many jobs here, but the issue is, you have to be a resident or have work permit to work here.Even as a student, you have limited hours you are allowed to work in a week. They are in short of labour in all areas. Hence they do alot of skill migration programmes (Employer sponsored,Regional sponsored, and Permanent residency).

If you have PR, you will have access to medicals,social benefit,education in public schools up to the University,if at all you don't have a job. At least you will feed yourself and family. But then, there are alot of jobs here. Check www.seek.com.au.

They obey laws and order in every area of life. That is why is practically impossible to commit crime here. You can't escape! You are being monitored.

The population of the whole continent is about 22Million. Sydney city alone is about 4million, is the most expensive city in Australia,because of influx of people from different part of the world to the place. In fact, it is one of the most expensive cities in the world. Particularly, in terms of accommodation. It is very expensive. Imagine! You can pay almost 2.8M naira equivalent per annum for 2 bedrooms.

The cost of education is very high. Probably should be the highest in the world for international students,the good thing is that, once you have the PR,you can enjoy almost free education, but then you will pay when you start working through their tax system. Their tax is also high.  You will enjoy what you pay the tax for.

I will advice people to try less expensive cities in Australia. Although some places may be boring for Nigerians.

I want to see alot of  Nigerians here. I welcome you guys. Spread your tentacles,  Asians are everywhere here. Just few black except Sudanes and South Africans that are more. You will be surprise and ask why Sudanese? Most of then are refugees as a result of war.

Australia governement is very generous when it comes to issue of Human rights.
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by vladimiros: 12:19am On Oct 05, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

honestly wish many Nigerians, would go to australia, tired of this Uk stuff
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by Nobody: 2:58am On Oct 05, 2011
vladimiros, do you reside in either of the two?

can't be sure if some of the people encouraging migration to canada and australia aren't travel agents who just want more customers.
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by Ronaldo200(m): 4:47am On Oct 05, 2011
I've lived and visited several of the places mentioned and therefore think I am qualified to add my comments

Bandit c. Sorry you are just completely wrong to even suggest that the Caribbean or the souther Europe compete with the London property Market. Places with the "old" architecture in London such as Chelsea, Mayfair, Kensington etc, you do. It even find briticos living there again. It's mainly WEALTHY multi-millionaires from Russia, Hong Kong, China and UAE. And when they don't Luce there, they are holding it as an investment. No property investor worth his salt fails to have a property in London.
That said, life over there can be quite grim. I guess many Nigerians flock there and to other British cities due to historical reasons and ease of integrations. It amazes me how many people I see there without their papers (most won't admit it, but one can normally tell).
In my opinion the UK offers to many Nigerians the modern day "American dream". We all know of someone who has gone their, either illegally, legit, marriage, whatever and has made it big. No other country (USA aside maybe) have we seen so many of our people rise up like that.

Germany: if you have papers, a great place. Great landscape, varied weather, excellent transport. Without papers it can be a struggle. Quality of life out there (especially hamburg, where many of the Africans are) is amazing.

Canada I think is so hospitable to immigrants and getting g their residency is relatively easy compared to others. Things can move here a lot slower than in places like UK, especially if you are undocumented.

France: forget it. In Paris the segregation is incredible. The White middle classes like in the city, then you find whole suburbs filled only with Arabs and French west-Africans. Don't even think about if you don't speak a french fluently.
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 05, 2011
I am seriously considering Zambia or Botswana.

At least the women are African and prettier rounder . . .
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 05, 2011
vladimiros:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

honestly wish many Nigerians, would go to australia, tired of this Uk stuff

We are very communal and clannish by nature - and from available facts, there are not many Nigerians in Australia.

Besides "down under" na long waka . . . boys go do almost 3 times London - Lagos return trips in the same time as Lagos - Sydney
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by 2bosun: 12:39pm On Oct 05, 2011
Bandit C.:

No, just No!! If you believe that London or even UK as a whole is the preferred destination for property investors, then you are grossly misinformed. Have you ever heard of southern European countries and the Caribbean? Check those places out in relation to property investment by wealthy people and get back at me. Oh and if you believe the UK is not an old and outdated country, then you must not have been to so many advanced countries.

New York Beats London as Top Spot for Real-Estate Investment

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-10-05/new-york-beats-london-as-top-spot-for-real-estate-investment.html

Maybe Bloomberg is "grossly misinformed" too eh? The only city competing with London is NY, best believe that bro. Forget about the Carribean and South Europe- if you've got money and want to invest in the safest property haven in the world, London is the place to be!
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by GBASKY: 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2011
9ja is one of the best place to get frustrated, poor and end up in hell .even my friend doing cargo job in dubais has two houses in 9ja and married with two kids not to talk of better countries.
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by Sentient: 2:13am On Oct 06, 2011
Listen Nigerians, don't believe the hype.  Obviously someone has worked a pathetic spell on the minds of Africans.  You've got a beautiful country, warm and rich and filled with your relatives.  The #1 supplier of gold to the WORLD!!!  2ND largest producer/supplier of chocolate in the world, minerals, oil, plants, flowers, computer parts.  Wake up, colonialism never died, just went underground. It's cold and boring in canada.  The only reason these other countries want foreigners is for slavery.  I suspect many Africans abroad are to ashamed to tell the truth.  Ending up living a life of pretense and drudgery slaving for the descendants of the Ancient African Albino, instead of facing the horrifying truths and warning their fellow Africans.

Get your stuff together Africans, start loving, respecting and taking care of each other.  Get your minds off of western media, the greatest brainwashing tool ever. I know it's difficult (what with all the covert imperial meddeling), did I say meddling??, no outright genocide, but gather together truths and teach one another.  You've got too many centuries of "psychological" warfare and every other warfare known to mankind to deprogram from.  But if anyone can do it, it's the original female and male. The creators of the greatest styles, fashion, music, art, sports women and men and so much more, so deviously kept from the world at all cost.  I'm not black, but I do see so many horrifying truths.  Stay in paradise and find a way to constantly make it better for you and your future generations.!!!! 

Indeed "The Isis Papers" makes a lot of sense. Even I as an outsider can see the horrifying truth. check it out and spread the information!
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by justwise(m): 7:33am On Oct 06, 2011
[b]
Sentient:

Listen Nigerians, don't believe the hype.  Obviously someone has worked a pathetic spell on the minds of Africans.  You've got a beautiful country, warm and rich and filled with your relatives.  The #1 supplier of gold to the WORLD!!!  2ND largest producer/supplier of chocolate in the world, minerals, oil, plants, flowers, computer parts.  Wake up, colonialism never died, just went underground. It's cold and boring in canada.  The only reason these other countries want foreigners is for slavery.  I suspect many Africans abroad are to ashamed to tell the truth.  Ending up living a life of pretense and drudgery slaving for the descendants of the Ancient African Albino, instead of facing the horrifying truths and warning their fellow Africans.

Get your stuff together Africans, start loving, respecting and taking care of each other.  Get your minds off of western media, the greatest brainwashing tool ever. I know it's difficult (what with all the covert imperial meddeling), did I say meddling??, no outright genocide, but gather together truths and teach one another.  You've got too many centuries of "psychological" warfare and every other warfare known to mankind to deprogram from.  But if anyone can do it, it's the original female and male. The creators of the greatest styles, fashion, music, art, sports women and men and so much more, so deviously kept from the world at all cost.  I'm not black, but I do see so many horrifying truths.  Stay in paradise and find a way to constantly make it better for you and your future generations.!!!! 

Indeed "The Isis Papers" makes a lot of sense. Even I as an outsider can see the horrifying truth. check it out and spread the information!
[/b]
Talk is cheap.
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by Tosinville(m): 8:30am On Oct 06, 2011
^lol
Re: Why Is Everyone After Uk And Usa Visas? by collinsfbi(m): 2:54pm On Oct 06, 2011
Everything works in naija, that is why it's easier to make money in naija, 90% of pple who make it in naija either doing business or Govt workers, make it through legal and illegal ways and no qualms. Take it or leave!

Gbammmm over and out

Difficulties Paying For 2years UK VISA Fees. / Nigeria 'may be' Ranked As 'high Risk' By Uk Biorder Agency. / Cheapest Masters School And Course In Canada?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52