Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,677 members, 7,945,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:44 AM

Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? (10347 Views)

Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism / Similarities Between Christianity And African Religion / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by harakiri(m): 8:38pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Frosbel, It's even worse that a lot of the evolution propenents are Christians. What do you have to say about that? Why is it so hard for you to understand that some atheists simply have no interest in evolution theories? Na wa for the pipo ooo!
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by harakiri(m): 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Enigma, It's best you talk about things you know about (e.g the latest benz your pastor picked up with the tithes from your church) rather than regurgitating crass ignorance all over the place.
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by mazaje(m): 8:46pm On Oct 04, 2011
Christianity: Have been raised to believe in God

Atheism: Have been raised to believe in atheism and Darwinism. someone might want to say what do u mean? Please try to study about an atheist called Richard dawkins. Hes already championing this course and has already organized summer camps for kids aged 8 to 17, to teach atheism. This is the age bracket that attends Sunday school to learn about God and the Ten commandments

All the atheist here on nairaland were former theist who were raised to believe in one version of God or another, so what exactly are you saying?
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by harakiri(m): 8:47pm On Oct 04, 2011
@justcool, I know the clear difference between agnostics and atheists (thank you very much). Agnostics have no belief in religion but believe in a supreme being. Atheists have no belief in nothing. It seems a lot of you people find it hard to believe Africans can become Atheists. A lot of you believe atheism is a "white man's thing". Pitiful.
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by Enigma(m): 8:57pm On Oct 04, 2011
harakiri:

@Enigma, It's best you talk about things you know about (e.g the latest benz your pastor picked up with the tithes from your church) rather than regurgitating crass ignorance all over the place.

I'm fairly certain (correct me if I'm wrong) that I have not been directly rude to you up to this point.

Now I am going to directly attach to you the official evangelical atheists' title of "mumu"! If you were not, you would have known by now that since my very first day on this forum I have been one of the most vociferous challengers of the so-called prosperity "gospel". Although I don't normrally expect a lot from evangelical atheists generally, I had expected better of you. Pity!

cool
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2011
mazaje:

Atheist get outraged and uncomfortable when the name of God is mentioned? How?. . . .
this is revealed in their reactions towards the theists when the God subject is being discussed

Evidence that atheist are scared of any God. . . .
if atheists arent scared, they wouldnt spend too much time wanting to convince the theists of his non existence
More theist believe in Evolution than atheist, majority of American and European theist believe in evolution than creationism that's a fact
does this however make evolutuon a fact for pple to want to defend same blindly?.
. . .What you are saying is that God is nothing right?
i havent said so. im just trying to say that God is beyong what science can comprehend
. . . .Science has nothing to do with God but it remains the BEST way to know and understand the world and the universe we live in. . .Science has done for humanity what no God or religion has done or can ever do. . .
then why then do we still need to empirically or scientifically prove Gods existence?
The christian God is an imaginary being created out of the thoughts of men, and as such that God relies on men to do everything for it. . .It relies on men to propagate its word, teach others about him, fight its wars, build its temples, set its doctrines and laws because that God is nothing but a myth created by men. . . .If the christian God is real we won't be here having this conversation, When was the last time you heard people arguing or debating the existence of the sun?. . . .
simple question. is God a physical being like every other human being?
Most of what you have written are plain wrong. . .
well u should have done well to point to the ones that are right and the ones that are wrong.
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by Enigma(m): 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2011
harakiri:

@justcool, I know the clear difference between agnostics and atheists (thank you very much). Agnostics have no belief in religion but believe in a supreme being. Atheists have no belief in nothing. It seems a lot of you people find it hard to believe Africans can become Atheists. A lot of you believe atheism is a "white man's thing". Pitiful.

And for an upstart who accuses me of ignorance, you do not even really know what agnosticism means! No wonder my post went over your head!

Pity.

cool
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by harakiri(m): 9:13pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Enigma, I wouldn't have bothered with your post if you hadn't coined NL atheists as "unintelligent evangelical atheists". I have always read your posts with interest but this time, you over stepped it. I'll overlook the "mumu" statement but if you wanna take it further,bring it!
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by Enigma(m): 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2011
1. Where did I coin "unintelligent evangelical atheists"?

2. Assuming even I did, then it would be that now the shoe is on the other foot you are complaining; what do the evangelical atheists say of Christians, and even of Jesus Christ, day in and day out?

You people shouldn't be so thin-skinned. You have been dishing it constantly and only for a few days we decide to take it back to you --- saying things that are truthful and accurate by the way ---- and you guys start whining  wink !

cool

EDIT: if you complain of "mumu", what then do you say about "crass ignorance"?
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by harakiri(m): 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Enigma, Please can you educate ignorant folks like me what the difference is between atheists and agnostics?
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by justcool(m): 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2011
harakiri:

@harakiri

Sorry my brother, you have it all confused. Your definition of both atheism and agnosticism are wrong.

I never said atheism is the white man's thing; honestly, I don't know how you could have deduced that from my post.

Thanks
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by Enigma(m): 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2011
harakiri:

@Enigma, Please can you educate ignorant folks like me what the difference is between atheists and agnostics?

Please start with that now famous (albeit useful) resource of nairaland debates: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism

cool
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2011
harakiri:

You are most confused , its so profuse , your reasoning is indeed obtuse. Your logic is suffused with abundant ruse.

Now make your point , and this time hit the nail on the head , before I instil in you some dread grin
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 04, 2011
mazaje:

All the atheist here on nairaland were former theist who were raised to believe in one version of God or another, so what exactly are you saying?

what im saying still boils down to the subject at hand. If we were all raised to believe in a particular version of god/God. Today evangelical atheists are trying to entrench atheism so as to raise kids to become atheists or become non religious. Dawkins was very clear on what he aimed to achieve with the summer camp he organised. i will post the link for u to read and see that what the christians are doing today is what the likes of Dawkins have started. there lies the similarities
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by harakiri(m): 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Enigma, I would advise you to go back to that link,read through it and make a concerted effort to understand the contents before coming here to embarass yourself. Once again, an agnostic disbelieves in religion but hasn't refuted the concept that a god/ultimate deity exists. An atheist isn't hanging on the fence on the issue. Make an effort to READ and UNDERSTAND!
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by harakiri(m): 9:47pm On Oct 04, 2011
@justcool, Define ATHEISM and AGNOSTISM!
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by Enigma(m): 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2011
harakiri:

@Enigma, I would advise you to go back to that link,read through it and make a concerted effort to understand the contents before coming here to embarass yourself. Once again, an agnostic disbelieves in religion but hasn't refuted the concept that a god/ultimate deity exists. An atheist isn't hanging on the fence on the issue. Make an effort to READ and UNDERSTAND!

OK Let us start again: what do you understand by my post through which caused you to start to expose your ignorance? Here it is again below -

Enigma:

To be honest, there are not that many intellectually honest or sound positions for an evangelical atheist. Two options that I can readily identify are:

1. the evangelical atheist maintains his assertion that there is no God but is honest enough to accept that this assertion is based only on faith in the final analysis.

2. eat humble pie, be truthful and "upgrade" to agnosticism.

I'd be happy to see any further suggestions.

Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by harakiri(m): 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Frosbel, There are posters that put my brain to the test. Dummies like you aren't one of them. Go grab a glass of milk,cookies and watch some voltron cartoons!
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 04, 2011
^

But my point is that your brain has been tested here to almost exhaustion , and we still cannot understand where you are coming from !!!!
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by harakiri(m): 9:59pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Frosbel, Who are the "We" you're referring to? Dummies like yourself who seek attention to the extent of going to a religious section designated for moslems? I think NOT! Do yourself a favor. Occupy your "valuable time" by downloading pokemon cartoons.
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 04, 2011
harakiri:

@Frosbel, Who are the "We" you're referring to? Dummies like yourself who seek attention to the extent of going to a religious section designated for moslems? I think NOT! Do yourself a favor. Occupy your "valuable time" by downloading pokemon cartoons.

You still have not come up with a factual , intelligent, explanation for your position on atheism.

I put it to you , that your position is that of no position.

Rid your mind off the hatred for GOD and let all the bitterness flow out of your soul. Surely if you cry out to GOD in your distress he will hear you and deliver you , when you have humbled yourself under his mighty hand.

The alternative is horrifying , a lifetime of total delusion !!
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by edcode(f): 10:10pm On Oct 04, 2011
Guys, religion is man made (This doesn't mean God doesn't exist, another topic). Most religion, especially the abrahimic ones, usually  breed hatred in the believers for unbelivers. If atheism develops to be a religion it may become similar to christianity or other religions in breeding hatred. To bad most of the religion mongers don't know jack about humanity.
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2011
edcode:

Guys, religion is man made (This doesn't mean God doesn't exist, another topic). Most religion, especially the abrahimic ones, usually  breed hatred in the believers for unbelivers. If atheism develops to be a religion it may become similar to christianity or other religions in breeding hatred. To bad most of the religion mongers don't know jack about humanity.

grin grin grin grin grin

I go die ooooooooo !!!!!
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by harakiri(m): 10:15pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Frosbel, The static emanating from your grossly deluded mind is powerful enough to cause electrical power shortages (nepa don take light). How can I hate a god that doesn't exist? How would you know my so called "position" on atheism when you lack the ability to read and understand? Today alone,I've explained that "position" almost half a dozen times but you are hideously reetarded to assimilate simple basic english. You are a dummy frosbel. Nuff said!
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by harakiri(m): 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Enigma,I responded to your post where you said "there aren't too many intelligent positions for the evangelical atheist" and the you went on to say they arrived at their position by "faith on analysis". I'll break down your post as soon as I get on a computer.
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 04, 2011
harakiri:

@Enigma,I responded to your post where you said "there aren't too many intelligent positions for the evangelical atheist" and the you went on to say they arrived at their position by "faith on analysis". I'll break down your post as soon as I get on a computer.

Please hurry up, we are waiting.
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by harakiri(m): 10:25pm On Oct 04, 2011
@edcode, Define Atheism.
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by harakiri(m): 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2011
@frosbel, Once again, who are these "We" you keep referring to? Your fellow reetards in the mental home or where? Reetard! Go take your meds! Chop Chop!
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2011
harakiri:

@edcode, Define Atheism.

Atheism stands for relativism on a slippery slope! 

hahahahaha     grin
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by philip0906(m): 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2011
guys its been a long time i have been around here and I am busy to hang around here,else i would have helped rounded them up. . .oh dear,these atheists r still dying to argue about a God they do not believe in?can someone please tell them to leave God alone? grin grin
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by harakiri(m): 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Frosbel, You're a classic nut case.
Re: Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? by edcode(f): 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2011
@harakiri An athiest basically doesn't believe in gods. That belief may grow so popular that it becomes a 'religion' with many 'followers' and may become 'unfriendly' to other religions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am I Allowed To Fast When On My Period As A Christian / Don't Name Your Kids Shadrach, Meshach And Abednego / Karma And Curses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.