Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,870 members, 7,848,535 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy (29192 Views)

When Do You Realize TRUE Friends & Realise Your Friend Was A Frenemy Experience / The Moment You Ask A Man For Money You Are Cheap. / What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by Sirchiboy: 3:46pm On Jul 01, 2023
There was this guy back then In school.
He hardly come to school but one of the bigger boys in school.
I was the most brilliant boy in my department.
Him and his boys normally come to me during exam time so I can tell them answers.
I will meet this guy to tell me how I will be making money like him but he will tell me later.
Do you know after the final exam.
This guy and his friends blocked me and didn't talk to me again.
The sensible people that I would have followed in school, I didn't follow them again.
I was foolishly following those animals thinking they will teach me how to fish but I ended up being used.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by Henry22(m): 3:48pm On Jul 01, 2023
mariahAngel:

Oya sorry. grin
Allow your adult self to forgive your childhood friend.

Were you framed or wrongly accused?
Na those ones dey dey hard to forgive, no matter the age. undecided

Long story but hv moved ; wink
Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by Sirchiboy: 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2023
Mabizeka:
Hello, do you want to work at NNPC?
Yes
Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by Ugwuoke347(m): 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2023
GodWrites:

Weed will Bleep you up big time. The first year of smoking is often fun. Then after 3 years, 4 years, 5 years, you realise that you are not even getting high anymore, but keep doing it out of habit. And when you try to stop but can't, that's when you understand what addiction is.

Drugs are bad.
People stay away from drugs.
Spare yourself the wreck of degradation which comes with drugs.
Smoking pollutes the body.

1 Like

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by merits(m): 3:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
Reminderz:
Share your experiences...

Here's mine: I'm always happy for him, even when he opened his own store and rented his own space, in fact, I was one of the first person to get there when he celebrated his winnings... I gave him the needed support and encouragement... I realised that anytime I got my own breakthroughs, he never celebrated me or does as if he noticed them...

I later found out he was even jealous of my own winnings despite how true I was to him... I cut off the relationship before I got stabbed in the back... I didn't really know where the envy or jealousy was coming from...

You did well,cut off any useless, envious friend, I don't waste time on that.
Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by kurlz(f): 3:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
VenExchangee:
The moment he Carried my ex when we broke up.
The moment he told people he gave me clothe to wear.

The moment I thought him something and he went to my back to start doing it.
The moment he started stalking all my girlfriends.

The moment I knew the moment

You mean only one person did all these?
Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by millionboi2: 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
Chno:
The only friend i get na my weed, because na only weed dey for me when everybody switch up on me
weed no go dey for you if you broke ooo

4 Likes

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by Nolevel666: 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2023
EMMARNUEL:
Na wa o... I had this friend that was so rich, i asked him to put me along make i de like am even if its in the long run... Nigga would rather send me 50k for upkeep than show me how to fish, i begged him on several occasion but it was futile, then i new he was a frienemy..

Sorry bro. Helping people these days takes a lot of self sacrifice. I ain’t ready for that no more after all the disappointments I’ve experienced helping people.
Never

2 Likes

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by yahoodetector: 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2023
xpert8:
Lol,

Stay away from Igbo women, most of them are more worst and dangerous than hardened criminal....

Because you tried to taste their kpekus and dem no gree you...ndo o grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by Mabizeka: 3:57pm On Jul 01, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Yes
It is helinues slot. Ask him first and if he permits I'll give it to you.
Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by Mabizeka: 3:58pm On Jul 01, 2023
helinues:

Keep your friends close, enemies more closer.

I only set boundary after the incident, you can't trust such kind of people but at the same time, how many people do you want to toss away for offending you?
Hello the job is ready. Hurry up ok.
Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2023
I'm sorry, but your story doesn't make sense..😂😂😂
Omoolaissagoal:
Well, she was my neighbor a woman, we relate well ,I always, keep my room keys with her to avoid misplacing, then she greet me with cheers , until the holy Spirit told me he is not genuine,i should to observe her very well, since I just got to the house , I shrugged at first but obey......then i see scary things.

Such as she asking too many questions about me, telling me things I didn't tell her about myself, getting angry at me the following day I pray midnight, she killing two chicken and giving me the bottom part,and many

1 Like

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by Wale9253(m): 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
The moment a man goes broke,na then he go realize say na only am him mama born on his birthday.
you're talking to me brother all man for himself

1 Like

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by Columbine(m): 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2023
The day my roommate adjusted the time on my wristwatch so that I can miss my exams, just because I got offered the course he wanted.

Though he was my friend because we were roommates not necessarily because we were real friends.

Na my neighbour wey be my lodge mate and course mate save me, I still dey room dey jack, come see this my course mate dey rush go school, I check time, time still dey, i ask am, he come tell me his own time, omor as I confirm am, na so I rush prepare o.

It's a scary world out there.

Way back 2015. It's well

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by goodyvin02(m): 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2023
Had this guy who I thought was my best friend, met him 2008 in secondary school, he got admitted into NDA in 2012 and immediately started processing for me to join him there, after my moms death in 2013 he and his family single-handedly bought and processed my admission into NDA and when I didn’t make the final list they made sure I tried again in 2015. Well, because if that single act of kindness (even when I never became an Officer) I felt I was indebted to him, I so loved him and was so loyal to him.
Problem started when he was dismissed from the academy in 2016, I started noticing this guy was mentally unstable and a very bad pervert, man wanted to sleep with any girl that came around me, manipulative, was a narcissist, I went through hell in that friendship but guess what, I would always defend him.
But thank God I have taken the bold step of walking away, I don’t owe him anything

12 Likes

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by ChiefOkporghe: 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2023
Omor.... Where I wan start from?? The tory looooong.
Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by KaptainAfrika: 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2023
Saw his message to the babe he brought to me to get a job, I was shocked, I was helping her because we are distant relative but I didn't want to let my "friend" know until after she got the job - dude was saying she should be careful with me, that I always knack the women I help, that's BS and he knew that, turned out he had the same plans for the babe. Fast forward, me, Judas Iscariot and the babe were at a garden, I bend over and remove a folder containing the babe's employment letter and gave it to the babe before informing Judas that this babe is a distant relative...Judas started choking from drinking water.
Blocked him everywhere.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by Villa12(m): 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2023
gaby:
Usually, gossiping is supposed to be done in the absence of the subject of the gossip.

You don see where dem dey gossip person right in front of am due to temporary circumstance? People wey you dey support when things soft oh.

Na now I understand say God deliberately make me go through that point in my life wey I call school. If not for that training by God, those are the same people I would be rolling with and calling my "men" today, you can imagine.

Life big jare and na who create the life get the final say.

Do not ever dream of, or attempt to give in to giving up. Keep pushing, with an open and positive mindset laced with loads of gratitude and positive affirmations.

You'd be amazed at the 360 degrees turn around for the good you'd walk into.

This is my story.
I am presently in the situation you passed through bro. I can't even feed. I don't need money from you but if you can help me with a job, business or anything. I am going through hell now. Those i called friends had deserted me

Please don't ignore my plea i beg of you.

2 Likes

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by Villa12(m): 4:24pm On Jul 01, 2023
goodyvin02:
Had this guy who I thought was my best friend, met him 2008 in secondary school, he got admitted into NDA in 2012 and immediately started processing for me to join him there, after my moms death in 2013 he and his family single-handedly bought and processed my admission into NDA and when I didn’t make the final list they made sure I tried again in 2015. Well, because if that single act of kindness (even when I never became an Officer) I felt I was indebted to him, I so loved him and was so loyal to him.
Problem started when he was dismissed from the academy in 2016, I started noticing this guy was mentally unstable and a very bad pervert, man wanted to sleep with any girl that came around me, manipulative, was a narcissist, I went through hell in that friendship but guess what, I would always defend him.
But thank God I have taken the bold step of walking away, I don’t owe him anything
Too bad. I guess it was the trauma of his dismissal from the Academy. Probably he wasn't such kind of a person. I sincerely feel for him despite i didn't know him. His future was ruined.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by wonderworld: 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
The moment a man goes broke,na then he go realize say na only am him mama born on his birthday.

no be lie bro
Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by absoluteSuccess: 4:34pm On Jul 01, 2023
BscHolder:
wetin you do macof?
Na my guy for religion section that year ooo

I had a thread on "Yoruba Hebrew Heritage", he tried to stop me to no avail. From 2013 to 2021. That's my greatest undoing. Why did I write very often? I have a blogger and a thread, to establish credence, I have to post often.

https://www.nairaland.com/2150261/fohow-international-recruiting

initially, I was promoting this business on nairaland and from here, I was getting patronage. That's 2014 to 2018 when naira crashed against the dollar. Already, posting on the forum has become addictive.

September 2019, a man called and connected me to another man the same day, I met with the man but I equally saved the contact info of the one who connected me to the second person. The one I met said I will be traveling to Europe, he said he wanted to create a herbal formula.

I am into herbs, I equally have my product with me during the discussion. I gave the man my product and my handbill. That's the proof that I'm into herbs and spices, unknown to me, the whole thing was a setup.

He asked various pertinent questions about my background and so on. I think it's normal for the task ahead. But I didn't follow up because the man did not pay for the copies of the product he bought, meaning he's a user.

Almost a year later, macof was claiming he has all my information, thanks to my trying to market myself. Oh yeah I did and I know when. It's from him that the man I met has come. Since I have the numbers, I flashed it on my thread with his "jungle don mature" clitche.

Lo, almost immediately, he began to edit the part on his WhatsApp profile. I saw it and it simply validated the fact that this guy is behind the scene and he was the sponsor of the man I met. Unknown to me, he has already planted associates into my business.

It turned out that many of my persistent buyers were agents that I will never have figured out, but their mannerism kept exposing them. Next, he planted his men in the place around my route and I eventually break the ruse. This guy is incredible.

KYC, it can also means Know Your Contacts.

1 Like

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by Red02(m): 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2023
EMMARNUEL:
Na wa o... I had this friend that was so rich, i asked him to put me along make i de like am even if its in the long run... Nigga would rather send me 50k for upkeep than show me how to fish, i begged him on several occasion but it was futile, then i new he was a frienemy..

Lol

What if he doesn't what you to to experience his hidden agony

Not all that glitters is gold

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by vickydevoka(m): 4:37pm On Jul 01, 2023
Reminderz:
Share your experiences...

Here's mine: I'm always happy for him, even when he opened his own store and rented his own space, in fact, I was one of the first person to get there when he celebrated his winnings... I gave him the needed support and encouragement... I realised that anytime I got my own breakthroughs, he never celebrated me or does as if he noticed them...

I later found out he was even jealous of my own winnings despite how true I was to him... I cut off the relationship before I got stabbed in the back... I didn't really know where the envy or jealousy was coming from...
To be honest I don't have any friend. I see no" as a normal thing. I see " not picking my call as normal ", I see ignoring me as a way of life", I see hate as human" I see beef as pomo ( I see chop am steady".
Friendship work for some people, while it doesn't work for some people.
Me , It doesn't work for me at alllllll. People only get close to me based on what the can benefit from me. I suspected that when I was in school, but after graduation I confirmed it finally.
In all you do no let Money and God leave you. Na them be your best friend

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by vickydevoka(m): 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2023
Emily22:
Back then in uni, I connected my generator to his room so that he can enjoy light at night he had only fan and laptop.

A year later, my generator got knocked and God so good, few weeks later ,he bought a small tiger gen.

I told him to share me light and he said NO.

NOTE : he enjoyed my gen for a whole year without paying shishi for fuel
Na Normal thing

2 Likes

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by ComeToJesus: 4:42pm On Jul 01, 2023
This guy comes to my house regularly and we we've known for over twenty years but he hid the fact that he is building a duplex from me. It's from the wife that I got to know he's completed the two wings duplex . He tells me every other thing in this world regarding himself. I'm thinking there's a reason he's shielding me from knowing it because it's a massive building from what I heard.

Yet he hasn't by mistake, ever made a passing mention of it to me and we are very very close. A mutual pal recently told me that he discreetly saw the house , he was shocked because it's massive and my friend immediately told him not to tell me o.

I've never envied nor get jealous of him. I see him as a brother .

Humans are really deceptive.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by Villa12(m): 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2023
GodWrites:

You have an entitlement mentality and you need to work on that. Your friend doesn't owe you anything. How many people have you given 50k for upkeep? You are the frienemy.
he probably not the enemy. Why would you have a friend and you are doing pretty fine but your friend is struggling with life and you aren't move to help him out? Are you sure he's your friend? If you didn't show interest in helping him and he asked you to help him out, i personally see no crime in asking. That's not entitlement. You're his friend. Unless you say NO to his request then it's normal for him to let you be and look elsewhere

1 Like

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by vickydevoka(m): 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2023
Hopss:
learnt it the hard way, this lady close to me was acting all nice till I borrowed money from her to settle my house rent, fast forward to when I promise to pay, I no fit pay, this lady has told everyone that cares listen that I am a bad person . well all I am hoping is that I have her money and pay back cos I believe a doubt you owe someone must be paid . I done learn say people na wolf in sheep clothing.
What if she hadn't lend you the money?
Call the lady and thank her . If you no want make the talk about you the inside house. If you no say u no ready to commit shame no beg for assistance.

7 Likes

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by VenExchangee: 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2023
kurlz:

You mean only one person did all these?
Different peo
Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by Aduke96: 4:53pm On Jul 01, 2023
Mine was childhood girlfriend.
We got departed when we both gain admission into higher institution.
mine was a uni while she was in a poly, yet I still keep in touch with her through FB.
Later she travelled out of the country without informing me, but later told me after several months she got there.
We connected back and I felt since we are far away from each other online close friendship will be better than physical friends since I'm not lucky with one.
I got so relax with her,she told me she has a land and she is building it presently,I also shared what I think a friend should know, but I noticed she was hiding things.
she message me almost all the time and I felt she is lonely over there, connected her to a very good and loyal boyfriend I know for a very long time. stay off their relationship.
Only for my gf to tell me to sell my land, and if I can't get a buyer the boyfriend I introduce to her is ready to buy.

2 Likes

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by Abolodje: 4:54pm On Jul 01, 2023
mediclife1987:

Abeg send me link of this Indecency
E dey IG bro😹
Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by GodWrites: 4:55pm On Jul 01, 2023
Villa12:
he probably not the enemy. Why would you have a friend and you are doing pretty fine but your friend is struggling with life and you aren't move to help him out? Are you sure he's your friend? If you didn't show interest in helping him and he asked you to help him out, i personally see no crime in asking. That's not an entitlement. You're his friend. Unless you say NO to his request then it's normal for him to let you be and look elsewhere

Do you know the kind of work he does? What if he's a ritualist? Even if he introduces him to what he does, what guarantee does he have that he too will be successful? He expects his friend to help him. That's entitlement. How many people send their friends money these days? Yet he is here calling him a frienemy, trying to paint him bad on a public forum. Someone who sent him 50k for upkeep oooh. Imagine.

7 Likes

Re: Share The Moment You Realised You Had A Fake Friend Or Frenemy by OvertheTop(m): 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2023
Hopss:
learnt it the hard way, this lady close to me was acting all nice till I borrowed money from her to settle my house rent, fast forward to when I promise to pay, I no fit pay, this lady has told everyone that cares listen that I am a bad person . well all I am hoping is that I have her money and pay back cos I believe a doubt you owe someone must be paid . I done learn say people na wolf in sheep clothing.

I see....

I hope you have Paid Back....
Integrity is very key.

i don't think that person is a Bad Person, She Borrowed You Money when you needed it.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Hate My Sister / Is Break Up Sex Okay? / How To Get A Husband On Uber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.