Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,790 members, 7,935,373 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 08:19 AM

INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition (24656 Views)

Tinubu To Tribunal: Obi/LP's Petition, Final Written Address Is Fiction / PEPT Steps Down Obi, LP Petition Over inconsistencies / Tinubu: APC Asks Election Tribunal To Dismiss Obi, Lp’s Petition, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by Burob: 9:10am On Jul 05, 2023
Sweetrosie:

Na your girlfriend introduced me to the business smiley
Can I have a round Rosie, my friends are watching me Rosie o o, can I have another round.

1 Like

Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by KanwuliaExtra: 9:12am On Jul 05, 2023
bhella10:
Yes. But please don't let him catch you on your roadside night 🌃 hustle they own the night. Hoelosho!

No wonder.
This internet dey hide something o. cheesy
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by shinealight(m): 9:13am On Jul 05, 2023
Racoon:
Oga Seunmsg I saw you peep @ the thread and then disappeared without making a mention. Guess you were listing the numbers of witnesses the LP were able to present during the trial as under sufficient?

Don't you think INEC defending this gross criminality of a 2023 presidential election ought to have had a full retinue of many witnesses against the gamut of allegation bedevilling it from the Peter Obi camp?

For TECHNICAL matters, you only need ONE witness to assert an indisputable fact.
You do not need 100 people to prove to you that two plus two equals four!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 05, 2023
garfield1:

Give instances.i predicted adeleke to win at Alex court,predicted lp to win abia and Enugu

You somehow have a mixed up understanding of certain concepts.

Perceptions and reasoning stand miles apart from making predictions.

I predicted Kwankwaso's NNPP was going to win Kano State gubernatorial elections, but that doesn't mean I have the perception that the Governor is the best option for the state.

To he honest, engaging you in conversations is a very tiresome process these days. It feels like you deliberately decide to be more closed-minded with every passing day. And it's too early in the day for these fruitless back-and-forths with you.
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by famology(m): 9:15am On Jul 05, 2023
Buddha3:
To be objective, INEC doesn't have to produce more than one witness in defence. All they have to answer for, is the server failure with the BVAS and to justify their reason for collating results manually. One witness is enough to defend that.

It's Tinubu and the APC that have much to answer for, so they'll have to produce several witnesses in their defence.

So there's basically nothing peculiar here, outside the funny details of the hearing from the cross examination of the witness yesterday.. grin

Very simple! I don't know why very simple things are so complex for these guys to comprehend. INEC don't have much to defend honestly. Just server glitch issues and resort to manual collation using form EC8A. The petitioners have been doing their cases more on the social media than in the court.
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by Sweetrosie(f): 9:15am On Jul 05, 2023
CJStarz:
Biblically,true Christians are admonished against swearing,rather the Bible says,Let your yes be yes and your no be no.
So,he towed the Christian line,yet he contradicted himself.

Gerrout, what do you mean by true Christians? So you can't stand by what you believe in?? Tell me where it is written in the bible?

Gerrout with your fake agbado bishop
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by famology(m): 9:17am On Jul 05, 2023
. During cross-examination, Bayode said blurred documents downloaded from the result viewing portal do not affect the polling unit results recorded in forms EC8As.

He said photographic copies of forms EC8A captured with the bimodal voter accreditation system (BVAS) and transmitted to IReV, are not relevant for the collation of results.

The witness also told the court that the glitch recorded during the presidential poll did not affect the credibility of election results. He said only physical results (forms EC8As) are used for collating final election results.

This is the crux of the whole matter. This one witness is more than enough. Case closed!
Obi and Atiku have been doing their cases more on the social media than in the court. I do much love what the respondents counsels are doing. They don't talk to the media, they just do their thing in court and leave the premises. Judges are not swayed by emotions or social media bullying. They gave that hint earlier on. Hope nobody will come here and insult the judges after judgement?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by bejick(m): 9:19am On Jul 05, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Yeah. . . .just like TIEFNUBU won RIVERS AND BENUE. cheesy
No KKK states. . . .
No SS states
No SE states
No FCT

Where did KING AGBADO PISSBAG get his votes from? grin

I wonder ooo, if you want to answer your Excellency, you have to do it in an excellent way.
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 05, 2023
famology:

Very simple! I don't know why very simple things are so complex for these guys to comprehend. INEC don't have much to defend honestly. Just server glitch issues and resort to manual collation using form EC8A. The petitioners have been doing their cases more on the social media than in the court.

Shit happens, I guess.

We all don't have to reason alike, you know. Therein lies the beauty of individualism.

1 Like

Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by Henz81: 9:20am On Jul 05, 2023
THeUNIFIER:

If only you understood what is really going on. 😂
Na Olodo him b
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by drlateef: 9:22am On Jul 05, 2023
helinues:
Dead and buried case.

Another labouring in vain. Chai

Lawyers who know their onions do not have to call loads of useless witnesses. That singular witness is enough to sink Obi and Atiku.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by Sweetrosie(f): 9:22am On Jul 05, 2023
Burob:
Can I have a round Rosie, my friends are watching me Rosie o o, can I have another round.

With your small prick?? I don't do 3inches boys
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by drlateef: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2023
CondenseMilk:
Uploaded results should tally with physical results when counted.

Technical glitches including hacking can give you fake results on iREV. That’s what happened.
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by famology(m): 9:25am On Jul 05, 2023
garfield1:

The north voted tinubu,while the south voted obi but the votes of the north overwhelmed the south.if Nigerians actually voted obi,he would have won like buhari in 2015

90percent of the noise is coming from a section of the country. I don't know if they thought they were the only ones to elect a president for the entire country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by garfield1: 9:30am On Jul 05, 2023
Buddha3:

You somehow have a mixed up understanding of certain concepts.

Perceptions and reasoning stand miles apart from making predictions.

I predicted Kwankwaso's NNPP was going to win Kano State gubernatorial elections, but that doesn't mean I have the perception that the Governor is the best option for the state.

To he honest, engaging you in conversations is a very tiresome process these days. It feels like you deliberately decide to be more closed-minded with every passing day. And it's too early in the day for these fruitless back-and-forths with you.

Eyeneka,I am the most liberal apc fellow you will see here.i am open minded.that I am predicting something does not mean I predicted them to perform.for instance,I predict tinubu to win and also do well.i predicted otu to win but doing well,I don't know because of ayade's misgovernance.i predicted adeleke to win but I still maintain he will fail though he is surprising me.predicting someone to win is clearly different from predicting them to perform well.i knew yahaya will win but I also saw his failure.kano is an easy case to analyze.i am surprised you got Kano yet failed to see that of crs and Nigeria...

It is not as if I like tinubu or he is the best but the guy is better than obi and atiku.i actually supported amechi and osibanjo before the primaries.bring people like fashola,adesina,muoghalu,okonjo,duke,utomi and I'll be silent.but as far as it's tinubu vs obi and atiku,it is tinubu.obi is like who we thought ayade was or buhari was.thevguy is a saintly pretender.scrutinize his time as gov
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by bejick(m): 9:32am On Jul 05, 2023
Burob:
Like LP/pdp 2023 presidential election aspirations? In Jesus Name they wept. Amen.

Funny enough money you no get, appointment you no get, Id card to dey buy fuel N160 you no get. Wetin be your benefit. Monitoring spirit on Nairaland.
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by shortgun(m): 9:32am On Jul 05, 2023
Jones4190:
Chief Wole Olanipekun, SAN decided to make a joke of all this people’s efforts.

✍🏽 He tendered all necessary documents from Chicago University yesterday. Certified by the school.

✍🏽 tendered the FBI/US Embassy letter that cleared BAT of any criminal offence in US.

When he said they will need just 2 days to open and close defence against PDP and ElluP he meant what he said.
Same Wole Olanipekun who was citing an outdated law that that was not existing at the tribunal cheesy
The man is empty upstairs, quit giving yourself false hopes.
Obi is coming
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by DMerciful(m): 9:34am On Jul 05, 2023
Shifting goal post
garfield1:

They don't even need to call any witness.they can rely on evidence extracted from obi
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by bejick(m): 9:38am On Jul 05, 2023
famology:

No glitch for NA (Senate and house of Rep) as e reach Presidency Glitch dey keep deceiving yourself. I wonder what you will teach your children. Na you go send him children to go thief, Yahoo or do asha.wo bring money back for am.
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by garfield1: 9:43am On Jul 05, 2023
DMerciful:
Shifting goal post

Wait I believe obi petition is watery.inec believes same.so what is the need of calling many evidences

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by membranus: 9:46am On Jul 05, 2023
famology:
. During cross-examination, Bayode said blurred documents downloaded from the result viewing portal do not affect the polling unit results recorded in forms EC8As.

He said photographic copies of forms EC8A captured with the bimodal voter accreditation system (BVAS) and transmitted to IReV, are not relevant for the collation of results.

The witness also told the court that the glitch recorded during the presidential poll did not affect the credibility of election results. He said only physical results (forms EC8As) are used for collating final election results.

This is the crux of the whole matter. This one witness is more than enough. Case closed!
Obi and Atiku have been doing their cases more on the social media than in the court. I do much love what the respondents counsels are doing. They don't talk to the media, they just do their thing in court and leave the premises. Judges are not swayed by emotions or social media bullying. They gave that hint earlier on. Hope nobody will come here and insult the judges after judgement?

When the judgement is finally determined in favour of Tinubu, as it should, the obidients are surely going to town to wail that the judges have been bribed with 1 BILLION DOLLARS. We are sure of this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by OldBeer: 9:46am On Jul 05, 2023
famology:

grin
People that have already started posting the judges' pictures on social media and calling for their heads?
Obidunces will show themselves as usual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by Novarisammy2: 9:49am On Jul 05, 2023
I was expecting inec to present an Amazon expert to give account on how the web developed glitches that only affected the presidential election results
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by highchief1: 10:01am On Jul 05, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:
I REPEAT AND I STAND

I HATE ALL POLITICIANS except Nwaoboshi
lol do u know nwoboshi at all
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by famology(m): 10:03am On Jul 05, 2023
bejick:

No glitch for NA (Senate and house of Rep) as e reach Presidency Glitch dey keep deceiving yourself. I wonder what you will teach your children. Na you go send him children to go thief, Yahoo or do asha.wo bring money back for am.

Obidunce thank you for letting us know how awful your parents raised you. Byeeeeeee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by Novarisammy2: 10:05am On Jul 05, 2023
garfield1:

call
They don't even need to call any witness.they can rely on evidence extracted from obi

so inec couldn't call a single Amazon employee to explain how the glitches affected only the presidential results ?

but I guess you will say it's not needed
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by garfield1: 10:06am On Jul 05, 2023
Novarisammy2:

so inec couldn't call a single Amazon employee to explain how the glitches affected only the presidential results ?

but I guess you will say it's not needed

It is in the place of lp to call Amazon witness not inec.inec claimed there was intern glitch and Mr faborede yesterday provided evidence
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by bejick(m): 10:16am On Jul 05, 2023
famology:

Obidunce thank you for letting us know how awful your parents raised you. Byeeeeeee

My parent raised me well to stand for the truth not painting white to black.
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by Novarisammy2: 10:21am On Jul 05, 2023
garfield1 lkll:
It is in the place of lp to call withtness not inec.inec claimed there was intern glitch and Mr faborede yesterday provided evidence

is Mr faborede an employee of Amazon?
how can Mr faborede tender evidence pertaining to Amazon

or have you forgotten the evidence Act u keep talking about ?
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by garfield1: 10:23am On Jul 05, 2023
Novarisammy2:

is Mr faborede an employee of Amazon?
how can Mr faborede tender evidence pertaining to Amazon

or have you forgotten the evidence Act u keep talking about ?

Oga,the witness of lp said it is possible that inec had local glitch without AWS knowing and Mr faborede came to testify about the local glitch
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by Karnice600: 10:26am On Jul 05, 2023
seunmsg:

Can you mention the exact allegation that Peter Obi was able to prove against INEC?

I followed the case and Peter Obi failed woefully to prove anything. There is no need for INEC to call any serious witness because Peter Obi never proved anything.

So you still dey mumu this your mumu?
Re: INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition by Novarisammy2: 10:29am On Jul 05, 2023
[quote author=garfield1 po

Oga,the witness of lp said it is possible that inec had local glitch without AWS knowing and Mr faborede came to testify about the local glitch[/quote]

which of the witnesses said that ?
time and date

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: Amaechi Will Be Screened Tomorrow / Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures / Saraki, Tambuwal Give PDP Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.