Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,875 members, 7,909,295 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 09:59 PM

Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). (16910 Views)

Shipping A Car To Nigeria - What Every Buyer Should Know. / Nairaland Auto Show- With Pictures. / Some Really Usefull Tips About Shipping A Car/truck To Africa: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by darkman200: 2:00am On Oct 12, 2011
Very good thread with good info.
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by bravedude(m): 2:02am On Oct 12, 2011
Please how much can you get a 2004 or 2005 or 2006 FX 45?let me know the price for the 3 models.tanx
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by BizBooks(m): 2:04am On Oct 12, 2011
yods1000:

Where do you get your cars and what is the name of your dealership? cos from the prices I am seeing here I smell something fishy, I doubt if you can get a Honda CR-V EX-L , with clean title, no mechanical or transmission problems, only if you are buying frame damage cars or salvage or flood cars. I have been registered with Manheim for sometime now and I know my prices well. Maybe you have got the trims mixed up  grin, I think you can get an LX or EX(A4), but an EX-L come on buddy. I think you should cross check cos I am checking manheim now and the prices are not close  wink

Let's not argue over this. Since you have access to Manheim, please do the following:

1. Log on to Manheim.com
2. Select Locations | North America
3. Click on Maryland - Manheim Baltimore-Washington
4. Click on Post Sale Results
5. Click on View Post Sale Results for Sep 13, 20 and Oct 4, 2011

You will see exactly the same information I posted above. I did not make them up.
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by yods1000(f): 2:10am On Oct 12, 2011
BizBooks:

Let's not argue over this. Since you have access to Manheim, please do the following:

1. Log on to Manheim.com
2. Select Locations | North America
3. Click on Maryland - Manheim Baltimore-Washington
4. Click on Post Sale Results
5. Click on View Post Sale Results for Sep 13, 20 and Oct 4, 2011

You will see exactly the same information I posted above. I did not make them up.
I guess you are new to this, you cant judge the price of the car from the post sales result, did you check on the car before it was sold Post sales results do not have the condition reports or sellers disclosure. Since you are on manheim, use power search, look up the prices and click any miles from 21207, guess that is your zipcode and check the buy now price on vehicles listed on OVE. That is what you use as an estimate not the post sale results. Dont forget to click the right trim, cos I am sure you cannot get an EX-L for that amount, with that mileage.
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by bravedude(m): 2:17am On Oct 12, 2011
Please how much can you get a 2004 or 2005 or 2006 FX 45?let me know the price for the 3 models.tanx
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by yods1000(f): 2:24am On Oct 12, 2011
bravedude:

Adding a mileage and color preference would make it easier for bizbooks. Adding the make (INFINITI) would help him too wink
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by yods1000(f): 2:29am On Oct 12, 2011
bravedude:

I have a white one for sale, send me your email so I can send you pictures grin
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by BizBooks(m): 2:54am On Oct 12, 2011
yods1000:

I guess you are new to this, you cant judge the price of the car from the post sales result, did you check on the car before it was sold Post sales results do not have the condition reports or sellers disclosure. Since you are on manheim, use power search, look up the prices and click any miles from 21207, guess that is your zipcode and check the buy now price on vehicles listed on OVE. That is what you use as an estimate not the post sale results. Dont forget to click the right trim, cos I am sure you cannot get an EX-L for that amount, with that mileage.

You seem to be saying that the prices I quoted for the 2008 CR-V EX-L is too low. If that is the case, let me make sure that you actually saw my figures. Here they are again:

Year Make Model Subseries Odometer Price Date
2008 HONDA CR-V EX-L 23609 $18,250.00 9/13/2011
2008 HONDA CR-V EX-L 46562 $19,000.00 9/20/2011

I just checked OVE and these figures are perfectly in line with the current prices. In fact, the first two are priced at $16,400 and $16,500 respectively. Here's the link. After looking at it, tell me if you saw something different:

[url]https://www.ove.com/search/browse?criteria[vehicle_type_ids]=3&criteria[make_id]=25&criteria[model_id]=464&criteria[year]=2008&criteria[trim_id]=2031[/url]
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by bravedude(m): 3:01am On Oct 12, 2011
yods1000 (f), here is my email (estherluv4@yahoo.com)
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by vickybabe(f): 3:03am On Oct 12, 2011
those prices sounds way high, if its an auction, theres going to be a bid, asking price is always different that auction price
my brother goes to auction twice a week bought a 2008 honda civic for $6,000 and 2008 toyota sequoia for $8,000, so those prices i see up there are dealer prices on the lot for new cars, then again i live in AZ so
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by yods1000(f): 3:25am On Oct 12, 2011
yods1000:

I have a white one for sale, send me your email so I can send you pictures grin
Give me the VIN not the link.
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by yods1000(f): 3:26am On Oct 12, 2011
vickybabe:

those prices sounds way high, if its an auction, theres going to be a bid, asking price is always different that auction price
my brother goes to auction twice a week bought a 2008 honda civic for $6,000 and 2008 toyota sequoia for $8,000, so those prices i see up there are dealer prices on the lot for new cars, then again i live in AZ so
Maybe your brother buys from Copart and other salvage auctions, not manheim and I am sure the cars do not have clean titles or he might have just been pulling your legs
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by yods1000(f): 3:28am On Oct 12, 2011
bravedude:

yods1000 (f), here is my email (estherluv4@yahoo.com)
Just sent you the pictures, its a 2005 Infiniti fx45, clean title, let me know what you think grin
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by yods1000(f): 3:29am On Oct 12, 2011
BizBooks:

You seem to be saying that the prices I quoted for the 2008 CR-V EX-L is too low. If that is the case, let me make sure that you actually saw my figures. Here they are again:

I just checked OVE and these figures are perfectly in line with the current prices. In fact, the first two are priced at $16,400 and $16,500 respectively. Here's the link. After looking at it, tell me if you saw something different:

[url]https://www.ove.com/search/browse?criteria[vehicle_type_ids]=3&criteria[make_id]=25&criteria[model_id]=464&criteria[year]=2008&criteria[trim_id]=2031[/url]
Give me the VIN not the link.
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by yods1000(f): 3:43am On Oct 12, 2011
BizBooks:

Also if you click the same link you sent me, you will see that there aren't any 2 cars that have identical mileage with what you stated above, I saw the one for 16500 but that has over 92000 miles on it, now compare the prices you gave with the mileage and see they don't tally See kiddo, I can see you are just starting, I'll give you one advice, do not base your facts on post sales result, do not count your gain until the car has shipped and always do lots of research on the cars before purchasing, check the sellers reviews, make phone calls, make sure the title is ready and you are good to go. Hope that helped smiley
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by Select(m): 4:53am On Oct 12, 2011
Nice info!

@ Vickybabe, whts up
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by HOLLU2(m): 5:24am On Oct 12, 2011
yods1000 Knows exactly what shes talking about, I just checked the link aswell
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by occam(m): 6:17am On Oct 12, 2011
@poster great service but charging just $300 for doing all of these? Really? You must be a sociList at heart or not versed in setting prices. how much time do you spend to complete a transaction? so to earn $6,000 a month you have to complete 20 transactions.

It's your biz but your pricing strategy is not sustainable Trust me. beats me why we equate cheap pricing to quality service.

All the best and thanks for the info
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by prokure: 6:36am On Oct 12, 2011
why r haters spoiling dis thread na?
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by adanny01(m): 7:04am On Oct 12, 2011
Why is bizbook's low charge a problem to this dealers. Thats the reason buying a car is hell of a problem in Naija. Free Bizbook abeg.
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by question(m): 7:48am On Oct 12, 2011
@ OP, Kudos, Keep on spilling the beans. Do not be discouraged by haters.
Your information or misinformation may contribute lowering the cost of buying and shipping vehicles to Nigeria.
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by splitnaija(m): 7:55am On Oct 12, 2011
@OP

Good thread.

Pls for how much can your deliver 2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum Edition to Lagos? Mileage shouldn't be more than 85,000.
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 12, 2011
Bizbooks., thanks for taking your time to do this, It's really helpful to a lot of people willing to buy cars.
Just ignore yods1000, seriously not making any sense to me, she should set up her own thread.
And she should stop asking for VIN or trying to post as an administrator and later wanting to sell cars to people,
Don't get caught up in the web, This is your thread so anyone who is on your thread should be for buying and not to sell, IF they want to sell. they should create a new topic.
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 12, 2011
Btw how much can i get a toyota highlander 2008 model.
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by BizBooks(m): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2011
yods1000:

Also if you click the same link you sent me, you will see that there aren't any 2 cars that have identical mileage with what you stated above, I saw the one for 16500 but that has over 92000 miles on it, now compare the prices you gave with the mileage and see they don't tally See kiddo, I can see you are just starting, I'll give you one advice, do not base your facts on post sales result, do not count your gain until the car has shipped and always do lots of research on the cars before purchasing, check the sellers reviews, make phone calls, make sure the title is ready and you are good to go. Hope that helped smiley

This is my last response to yods1000.

I really don't know what to say to you anymore. The fourth 2008 CR-V EX-L on the link I gave you has only 39,000 miles and is selling for $18,500. Moreover, it has a grade of 4.9 out of 5, meaning that it is as clean as can be. So why can't you simply accept the fact that the selling price of a 2008 CR-V EX-L is between $18,000 - $19,000 just like I originally said?

You keep inferring that I'm new to this business. Let me remind you that I have shipped more than 30 cars to Nigeria in the Past 3 years. Majority of them were purchased from Manheim. If you are in doubt, you can see the pictures at this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-722929.0.html
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by fizzybaba(m): 9:51am On Oct 12, 2011
Yodi, please dont desecrate bizbooks thread. ok?

Rehearsing the 'you are new to this business' is also not the best thing to say/do

Ontop of that, you are trying to sell a car

why am i not surprised? you took on bizbooks to demonstrate your unparalleled awareness in the business of selling cars to build your profile.

what is the last price of your fx 45? aaaaaaaaah, i dont like white.
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by gbegbs: 10:33am On Oct 12, 2011
[occam : @poster great service but charging just $300 for doing all of these? Really? You must be a sociList at heart or not versed in setting prices. how much time do you spend to complete a transaction? so to earn $6,000 a month you have to complete 20 transactions.

It's your biz but your pricing strategy is not sustainable Trust me. beats me why we equate cheap pricing to quality service.

All the best and thanks for the info]

this is a prime example of our people that think making big gain on one time transaction is a way to go in business. well you harmmer d people with big price so u can make ur 1million gain and dey seize to come back to u . 30 of ur lost custormers goes to pep like dis dat give cheap but good service. who win in d long run. lets all think and b wise . "esun tere ni dibu" translation: a river starts from a drop of water. cool

kudos to poster ojare . more grease to ur elbow. keep hammering . cool
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by wellheads(m): 10:41am On Oct 12, 2011
Bizbooks,

You are doing a good job. Your honesty and fair pricing will take you to heights.

Keep it up.
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by BizBooks(m): 11:02am On Oct 12, 2011
Re: $300 Profit

Since this has caused so much reaction, let me make some clarification. It is standard practice in the auction business to charge $300 - $500 when you help somebody buy a car. That was what I was paying to other dealers before I got my license. I have in turn done that for a few dealers here on NL (though I will never mention their names even if somebody says I'm lying).

Usually once the car is purchased, the transaction ends there. The buyer then arranges and pays for shipping and clearing himself. But since I also do shipping and clearing, I offer to do that for interested clients after explaining the inherent risks involved in shipping to Nigeria such as they may be.

Remember, this is not a pre-order in the pure sense since you have to provide 100% of the amount involved before I can proceed.
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by zenus(m): 11:47am On Oct 12, 2011
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by BizBooks(m): 11:51am On Oct 12, 2011
hailolive:

Btw how much can i get a toyota highlander 2008 model.

Remind me on Sunday and I will give you the best price. That's when Toyota will display their cars for Monday's auction.
Re: Shipping A Car To Nigeria - A Diary (Now With Pictures). by DaDoctor: 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2011
nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rolls Royce Reveals 3 Bespoke Phantoms (photos) / This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet / Auto Or Manual Car As Taxi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.