Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,052 members, 7,973,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 07:51 PM

Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion (6327 Views)

Am I Right To Ask For Separation / My Friends Wife Lied About Her Virginity. / Am I Doing Wrong By Supporting My Boyfriend Financially? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by Johndoe100(m): 6:47am On Oct 07, 2011
Roland17:

For the sake and future of the Girl, i would say a BIG NO to abortion, its very very risky, most guys here can not dip a finger inside a burning soup, yet they are courageous enough to support abortion, because they do not truly know how much it hurts, the psychological and physical torture and the risk of death, they think its like giving birth, my dear do not give him that money and if you can, pls inform his parents about it, because if that girl dies in the process or her womb gets deformed, God would NEVER forgive you.

If he was mature enough to Be Intimate (protected and unprotected), he should also be mature enough to face the consequences that arise from it.

Utter nonsense, this you can tell to children as well as stories about Santa. I hate it when ignorant cretins start to speak on things people told them that they did not bother to verify.

Yes and he should call the police as well. There is nothing more dangerous than an ignorant fanatic.
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by ferdiking: 7:01am On Oct 07, 2011
i can't really say if you are right or wrong but i want you to put your self in his shoes and think about what you would have done if you fined yourself in same condition. are you going to leave it or abort it? lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 07, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

Exodus 21:22-25
Where does this state that a foetus is not a child, and how does this support abortion? . . . . SIR? School me!. . . Keep clutching at straws, we'll soon get there! grin grin grin grin

MRbrownJAY:
prevention has gone out the window the minute the women became pregnant. of course what they did isn't smart but when faced with possibly bringing an unwanted child to this world, then abortion must be considered. if anyone is stoopid enough to think that they MUST have that baby since they had se.x then they best grow the hell up.

how many children have you adopted? how many people you know have adopted children in 9ja? let's not fool ourselves here, we know how men in 9ja think of raising another man's child.
Naija blah blah blah blah! So in other countries, they adopt all unwanted kids too? Interesting! And maybe it's along time you've been to Nigeria, but YES Naija men now raise another man's child!. . .  Pass the next straw! grin grin grin

MRbrownJAY:
are you going to dismiss the fact that a spe.rm is well and truly alive?!
copying and pasting stuff that is written online will ALWAYS have you fail bro. check my next answer. . . . . . . to understand that a foetus and sper.m are just the same thing.
Of course the s.perm is alive! Huh? That's my problem with you guys! If someone sounds intelligent, he's copying and pasting! A naija man would ALWAYS be a Naija man! Be he in France, Brazil, or Togo! Mentality, = SAME! And to kick start your brain at least, a sp.erm is a single cell, a foetus is multiple cells! Another straw please? grin grin grin grin

MRbrownJAY:
you see, right there is the reason why you should stop copying and pasting what you read online to make some silly points. ok let me school you for a minute: a foetus doesnt have a heartbeat until about 7/8 weeks so if i listen to what you just copied online then YOU FAILED, as the lady is just a month pregnant and therefore, going by YOUR claim, since there is NO heartbeat, THEREFORE ITS NOT BABY!!!
stop making a fool out of yourself bro!

Mr Brown Olodo! How would a foetus have a heart beat @ 7/8 weeks? And where did i say so oga? You completely and incontrovertibly made a fool outta yourself when you said
a child IS NOT a child until it takes its first breath. if a woman is pregnant and lose the foetus during the 8th month of pregnancy, do we say she had a child that died or do we say she had a miscarriage?! duh!!!!!
That's why i brought in the issue of heartbeat! So, according to proffesor BrownJay, an 8 month old baby in the womb has no heartbeat? Hmm! Therefore, it's no baby cos it hasn't taken it's first breath! grin grin grin grin Who be fool? grin grin

MRbrownJAY:
how hard REALLY is it to know the bible?! come on, dont throw flowers at yourself! only a damn  would have problem reading the bible and only a damn fool will have some idiotic pastors tell them what THEY want them to believe.
the bible views on the matter is very easy to understand. some people will bring idiotic matters to believe otherwise but it's all written for the whole world to read. again, read the verse i showed you above and use your damn BRAIN (if you have one) to understand the words of that very same bible, about the value of foetus before it takes its first breath.
Ok! let me help you. . . . SIR! grin
Exodus 21:22-25 ) “And in case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he is to have damages imposed upon him without fail according to what the owner of the woman may lay upon him; and he must give it through the justices. 23 But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 branding for branding, wound for wound, blow for blow".
Now if her children come out and they are fine, damages would be imposed on the men! But if fatal accident occurs of the woman or her children, then read the rest! grin grin grin grin grin I wonder why there should be a penalty, if the foetus was not a child, or why the bible reffered to babies in the womb as CHILDREN even though they were yet to be born, or according to Dr Brownjay, yet to have their FIRST BREATH! grin grin grin grin grin

MRbrownJAY:
we are not here to judge people on their se.xual habits, just to give our opinion on how to solve the problem at hand. the poster knew they were having se.x and he had no problem with that (although they were not married) so let's stop being hypocrites here!
Yeah! Who's judging? How can you judge someone who hasn't committed the offense of Abortion yet? So, asking if it is right to support abortion is judging? Interesting!!! If she has already committed the act, then you can sing that song of judging, Happily! But since that is NOT the case here, that song of yours, needs to be remixed! We are here to school people about the consequences of their s.exual habits, if they arent old enough to do so! Abstinence in the first place, was a guaranteed protection against unwanted babies in the first place! You cant Be Intimate, make a baby in the process, and ask me to foot your abortion bill because you are my friend! That's Absolute absurdity!

And yeah! All the comments above were directly lifted from www.mrbrownjay.com/articles/abortion.html  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 07, 2011
Roland17:

For the sake and future of the Girl, i would say a BIG NO to abortion, its very very risky, most guys here can not dip a finger inside a burning soup, yet they are courageous enough to support abortion, because they do not truly know how much it hurts, the psychological and physical torture and the risk of death, they think its like giving birth, my dear do not give him that money and if you can, pls inform his parents about it, because if that girl dies in the process or her womb gets deformed, God would NEVER forgive you.

If he was mature enough to Be Intimate (protected and unprotected), he should also be mature enough to face the consequences that arise from it.

Ok! I Agree with everything except the one in RED! God forgives the Truly repentant! smiley
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by email1(m): 7:35am On Oct 07, 2011
Lets see what the Bible says. Gen.38: 8-10. Paste anyone? grin
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 07, 2011
^^Wait for DRbrownJAY!. . . grin
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:16am On Oct 07, 2011
Those people dat said I should have advise him we do discuss about intimacy and its implications when we are together cus since last year dat I got admission into one the university in my state we only see during my holiday periods. My fear is if the abortion process went wrong like the gal losing or damaging her womb or worst still lose her life. I will also share the blames dat follows it what did u guys think our parents will say to me if the whole tin went wrong the trust the luv dat his parents have 4 me as a gud friend to their son will be gone and people will blame me 4 supporting abortion when I know its bad some people should stop seeing it as if I want to punish him I cant support what will hurt me 4 the rest of my life
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 07, 2011
Ucheosefoh:

Those people dat said I should have advise him we do discuss about intimacy and its implications when we are together cus since last year dat I got admission into one the university in my state we only see during my holiday periods. My fear is if the abortion process went wrong like the gal losing or damaging her womb or worst still lose her life.[b] I will also share the blames dat follows it what did u guys think our parents will say to me if the whole tin went wrong the trust the luv dat his parents have 4 me as a gud friend to their son [/b]will be gone and people will blame me 4 supporting abortion when I know its bad some people should stop seeing it as if I want to punish him I cant support what will hurt me 4 the rest of my life   
Guy! If your friend's parents trust and love you like you said, dont you think that the wisest thing to do is to go and talk to his parents about this? Because seriously, they are gonna hate you worst, when they find out that you knew all along about the abortion plans, and you did not tell them! The hate is even gonna be worse, when your friend gets this money from another source, performs the abortion, and God forbid, something happens to the girl! Later in life, no matter what happens, his parents will find out! Nothing remains hidden forever! NOTHING! So if you dont tell them, that's a whole new dimensional angle to the whole scenario! No carry load wey no be ya own o!

I haff talk my own finish!. . .
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by gossipmama(f): 9:15am On Oct 07, 2011
Most sensible contributions i have ever read on nairaland, sexkillz. you just nailed it and that is it.
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by Busybody2(f): 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2011
Ha thank God for small mercies like sexkills, now I have found a "remedy" and "antidote" for that worrisome "Cold" that is doing my head in, lol.

Hin nor go sabi weda na juggernaut jam am, today na today, lol. Make I go find am sef, I dey come oh sexkills. . .

Which kain name be Sexkills sef. . .er, that means I must still be alive because I have been doing "it" the wrong way then, oh dear, . . .
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by Busybody2(f): 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2011
Chai, ignorance is really bliss oh, and to think I have not been able to sleep a wink with jealousy since discovering that Jennykadry has been doing mexicanchillipepper with reverse cowgirl whilst all I tried was the missionary position and I have had to have my back in plaster of paris since. . .

Ha from now onwards, I am no longer going to be competing with Jennykadry any longer, but I will not tell her of my new discovery that sex is deadly, lol.
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by chextoni: 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2011
To say that you did the right thing is just putting it mildly. without knowing it you have saved a life. When i was in school a girl i slept with told me she was pregnant, she wanted to abort so she said i should give her any money i have that she will complete the rest for the abortion. i gave her N400. i regretted doing that because in my mind i see my self as an accomplice to murder. Though it later dawned on me that she may not really have done it because after 2/3 months i saw her heavy with pregnant. But i regretted giving her money in the name of abortion
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2011
@Busy_Body

Can you pls tell me why i'm grinning stupidly? grin grin grin grin grin

Sexkillz is metaphorical! Dont quote my user name o! grin ;

If you or anyone believe sex really kills, then you need an award for  tongue tongue tongue
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by Mrmik(m): 2:12pm On Oct 07, 2011
stop thinking of IFs and MAYBEs, this is your dear friends life you are talking about.
your friend IS NOT ready to have a child and HAS NOT got an education, but yet he will have to go and find work (obviously only some bs job) and start caring for this child and mother (even though he doesnt want to). that will surely make him a bitter father and a bitter partner who will blame that child for his failure.

he will ultimately hold you also responsible for not helping to correct his mistake when he needed you the most.

as i always write:
In Ecclesiastes 6:3, God compares the rich man who has led an empty foolish life with a still-born infant and says, “it would have been better for that man if he had not been born.” The world is better off without Judases and Hitlers and Charles Mansons – who quite often begin life unwanted, grow up abused and hated, and then take out their anger on society. How many psychopaths and destructive misfits will be born if/when people are forced to bear unwanted children?

also The Bible indicates that personhood begins when a baby emerges from the mother’s womb. In the Bible and in modern life, birthdays are observed on the date of the baby’s emergence from the womb. The precise moment of the beginning of personhood is when the baby takes its first breath because that’s when God infuses the baby with a soul. Genesis 2:7 says, “And the Lord God formed man out of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” In other words, when an infant breathes its first breath, the soul enters its body and it achieves the status of person. . . . . . . not before!

taken from the essay of a great man!

Let me add a little to the text from a poster above. You are twenty years old and I take it your friend is around that age as well. I you are in a position to assist him and refuses to do so now, If he goes along to have a baby he has not planned for yet, can you imagine the amount or level of hardship you will cause to the three of them: father, mother and the poor unborn baby sometime in the future?

Let's take they are both not from a well to do family and their parents are struggling to cope with their education, and all of a sudden there is a child which may stop the both form proceding with their academic work, how welcoming do you feel that will be to the families involved?

My simple advise: when you are in a position to help your friend, do go ahead and do exactly that and should there be a judgement day let him answer for his doings. For if I was him and you abandon me in a situation like this then that will be termination of our friendship incase that friendship means anything to you.
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by Roland17(m): 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2011
Johndoe100:

Utter nonsense, this you can tell to children as well as stories about Santa. I hate it when ignorant cretins start to speak on things people told them that they did not bother to verify.

Yes and he should call the police as well. There is nothing more dangerous than an ignorant fanatic.

From your response i can see how dumb and short sighted your weak brain can analyze issues, others are busy supporting their claims with facts, you are busy insulting and calling people ignorant over an issue that is subjective, i only wish you were the pregnant girl in question, or your sister, better still your daughter whenever you are fortunate to get one (that is if you have not aborted all of them) , then you can advice her to go for abortion and nobody would question you.
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by 2mch(m): 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2011
You cant tell people what to do with their lives and how to live. You are not in his shoes and you cant see life from where he is standing. For him to come and beg you shows economically he cannot afford mother and child. It is always the woman's decision at the end of the day, if the girl agrees then there are no problems. Quite frankly i will rather an abortion than an adoption in Nigeria. i dont ever want to think that my child is a house boy/girl or even being molested in one orphanage somewhere in Nigeria. At worst being sold to ritualistic people. There is no child welfare, i will rather not make the child go through being up for adoption in Nigeria. undecided
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by obowunmi(m): 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2011
The friend made his mistake by asking you for money. He should seek financial help elsewhere.
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by cold(m): 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2011
Busy_body:

Ha thank God for small mercies like sexkills, now I have found a "remedy" and "antidote" for that worrisome "Cold" that is doing my head in, lol.

Hin nor go sabi weda na juggernaut jam am, today na today, lol. Make I go find am sef, I dey come oh sexkills. . .

Which kain name be Sexkills sef. . .er, that means I must still be alive because I have been doing "it" the wrong way then, oh dear, . . .
Hehe,my dear relax I just call it as I see it.@Op,for starters,a one month pregnancy is not a child by any stretch of the imagination.The beginning portion of what we consider the first month of pregnancy is actually your period until you ovulate. You are not actually pregnant during this time frame, but knowing the first day of your last normal period (LMP) only  enable gynaecologists to more accurately calculate your due date.
Now if you refuse to 'assist' a friend based on your beliefs you may be right or you may be wrong but one thing you can rest assured is your friend is definitely going to find the money one way or another.
My personal opinion is this,the abortion may be justified based on extenuating circumstances. Perhaps the biggest mistake when looking at the abortion question is to assume that all abortions are the same; we might think that they are all immoral, or, on the other hand, that they are all morally permissible. The fact is, though, that there are perhaps 100 distinct abortion scenarios that differ regarding the fetus’ age and health, the mother’s life and health, and possible adverse impact on society. Ideally, each one of these scenarios should be assessed on its own terms before making a moral pronouncement.Anyways,to each their own
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by Toonice(m): 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2011
Send d girl no to me. let see if i can help in doing the thing. No be abortion ooo
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by Nobody: 1:29am On Oct 10, 2011
@Sexkill
if you dont understand the CLEAR message on the verse i showed you then there is no more we need to discuss as i am clearly wasting my time with a dumb religious person who cant read.
by the way, read the SOURCE, not the diluted BS revised version. mr educated man!

in other civilized countries, unwanted children/orphans are NOT left to fend for themselves when they get to a certain age. educate yourself.

bro you are showing stoopidity rather than intelligence if you want to force someone to do something they dont want to do, just because they had se.x. what kind of intelligence is that?! go online and try to find something to copy and paste to answer that one, "smart man", lol!

we all know what it takes to make a child, so let's recapitulate: i said that until a child is born he isnt considered a child, you said that a foetus is a child, and therefore, i am clearly telling you that if you are going  to go back to the source then dont start at the foetus stage but start at the BEGINNING aka spe.rm stage. or is that not the source of a child (the single "TRULY ALIVE" cell)?!

damn are you really THAT dumb or i have to spell everything for you?!  dont try reverse psychology BS on me, i never talked about heartbeat when mentioning 8 month baby who are miscarried, but SIMPLY that when a women loses her foetus, we said she miscarried.
you are the one who was quick to talk about heartbeat and i clearly pointed out to you that A FOETUS DOESNT HAVE A HEARTBEAT BEFORE 7/8weeks, educate your damn self wisely rather than copying stuff online.

bro, do you have reading problems?! what are you on about?! you came here talking about "condoms being an excuse for promiscuity" and i told you that we were not here to JUDGE PEOPLE ON THEIR intimate HABITS BUT TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM AT HAND (if you have a problem with people having se.x then open a thread about it). so, give your advice to the OP and move on rather than focusing on my views, and if you have a problem with MY advice then get a life rather than trying to force someone to do what YOU believe is right. just give you opinion on the subject and basta rather than busting a vein trying to dismiss anyone who is pro abortion, like a biatch on heat.

NL is here to have the views of everyone not just Sexkill, you may not like what others write (you are entitled to that) but we dont give a damn as we will STILL stand for our beliefs, as you stand for yours.
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2011
Busy_body:

Chai, ignorance is really bliss oh, and to think I have not been able to sleep a wink with jealousy since discovering that Jennykadry has been doing mexicanchillipepper with reverse cowgirl whilst all I tried was the missionary position and I have had to have my back in plaster of paris since. . .

Ha from now onwards, I am no longer going to be competing with Jennykadry any longer, but I will not tell her of my new discovery that sex is deadly, lol.
angry angry angry
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by maran1983(f): 10:18am On Oct 14, 2011
Hmmmmm
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by Busybody2(f): 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2011
en
cold:

Hehe,my dear relax I just call it as I see it

Your goggles are due for changing then cheesy

sexkillz:

@Busy_Body

Can you pls tell me why i'm grinning stupidly? grin grin grin grin grin

Sexkillz is metaphorical! Dont quote my user name o! grin ;

If you or anyone believe sex really kills, then you need an award for  tongue tongue tongue

Hmmm, Nigerians, they let you in some fantabulous secret and next thing they come and try and sabotage it so one would not enjoy like them too angry

Stop lying there, sex really kills, no need to regret telling me such secret angry You should be happy you are doing your bit for the society by spreading such helpful knowledge to ignorant people like me cheesy grin cheesy

Now if you would excuse me, i've got to go preach this sex kills message to the end of the world and beyond, i love me some charitable work, me and my kind heart ehn cool
Re: Am I Right For Not Supporting My Friends Plan 4 Abortion by Busybody2(f): 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2011
jennykadry:

angry angry angry

angry Whaaat, she still has a pulse angry angry angry

Which is it angry

Did Sexkillz lie to me angry OR Could it be that Jennykadry too has been doing it wrongly all this years which means i have no need to be jealous cheesy I bet it is the latter, yay, yippee, now i can start sleeping soundly again, this calls for a celebration grin cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strictly For Those Living In Auchi Edo State / The Only Women In My Life! (picture) / What Do Today's Men Want From Their Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.