Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,313 members, 7,887,944 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:47 PM

Advice To A Father - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice To A Father (18747 Views)

I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father / The Moment A Father Caught His Daughter Twerking (photos) / What A Father Told His Daughter A-day Before Her Wedding - Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice To A Father by Manson1(m): 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2023
See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide
Re: Advice To A Father by saintopus(m): 7:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
Mindlog:

Is it a 9a.m to 5p.m job or a rota of day and night shifts?

One thing is a FACT, she can't arrive the UK to start a job with a 3 months old baby, not even with the husband, dem go suffer!

She comes alone, she can easily get a room in a shared house within a week of arrival. She works for 3-4 months to save funds, so she can rent a 2 bedroom flat while she files for her husband and their baby after making sure her employer would allow her to briefly travel to Nigeria, to return with her husband and baby.

Their mothers and sisters can support in taking care of the baby, pending when the baby's mother comes to take him/her.

If the job is going to be 9a.m to 5p.m, the husband would baby sit their baby till his wife gets back from work, he can then leave for his night shift job and return in the morning to take over child care as wifey leaves for work.....it is not going to be an easy ride and that is for sure!

The alternative of getting a nanny here in the UK is disastrous because nanny will have to be paid at least £10 per hour while madam will be earning about £15 per hour at work ....so it makes no sense.

The best advice

OP take this and have peace

1 Like

Re: Advice To A Father by OnonujuChrist(m): 7:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
I perceive they are young couple. For the baby's sake they should go together as a family and hold each other accountable.
Re: Advice To A Father by treatise: 7:20pm On Jul 13, 2023
eniolorunfe:
3 months old baby ?! shocked
Is that baby not meant to be on exclusive breast milk? Therefore, the baby should be wherever the mama is.
I think weaned at birth for the money
Re: Advice To A Father by Purvan(m): 7:21pm On Jul 13, 2023
Let him stay back with his baby

She can go to UK alone when the man is fully ready he can go
Re: Advice To A Father by Styluss: 7:22pm On Jul 13, 2023
He should follow, he will find his feet when he gets there
IkpemhiTG:
Your candid advise is needed.

His wife got a job in the UK which pays her about £30,000/ annum. Husband will be going with the wife along with thier 3months old baby as a dependent. How do you think this man can cope nursing thier baby for God knows how long before he gets something doing.

On a second thought he will rather let the wife go while he stays back with the baby in Nigeria managing his business. He's not doing do bad in Nigeria.

My people what's the best option he should take that would favour him and his family?.
Re: Advice To A Father by Newness2019: 7:24pm On Jul 13, 2023
IkpemhiTG:

His wife got a job in the UK which pays her about £30,000/ annum. Husband will be going with the wife along with thier 3months old baby as a dependent. How do you think this man can cope nursing thier baby for God knows how long before he gets something doing.

On a second thought he will rather let the wife go while he stays back with the baby in Nigeria managing his business. He's not doing do bad in Nigeria.

My people what's the best option he should take that would favour him and his family?.

PLEASE, DO NOT LET YOUR WIFE GO ALONE IF YO LOVE YOUR FAMILY.
Re: Advice To A Father by modernWays: 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2023
IkpemhiTG:

Why will someone leave her 3 months old baby just because of money. Not that they are doing badly in Nigeria according to this post, why making life too hard for themselves just because of what exactly.

5 Likes

Re: Advice To A Father by Quicksilver5: 7:28pm On Jul 13, 2023
advice to a son
Re: Advice To A Father by phemmyfour: 7:28pm On Jul 13, 2023
IkpemhiTG:

It is better you go with her....there are minders in UK to help you take care of the baby. You can go into IT or Data science, it won't take you six months to settle down.

1N = £1050 ......if you let this opportunity pass you by, na you know
Re: Advice To A Father by Reelmii: 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2023
Re: Advice To A Father by PDJT: 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2023
IkpemhiTG:

-Stay in Nigeria until that kiddo is atleast old enough to start nursery at age 3 or reception at age 4.
Re: Advice To A Father by Godmind2022(m): 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2023
IkpemhiTG:

On a second thought he will rather lgo while he stays back with the baby in Nigeria managing his business. He's not doing do bad in Nigeria.

Money vs human life. Please, let the mother forgo money and take care of the baby.
Re: Advice To A Father by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2023
IkpemhiTG:
Hmmm who will compromise at this point my people
That's it.

Human relationships is bound to get that point where one of the party involved need to compromised, this isn't about happiness but about days to come when both would looked back and be proud of whatever decision they made.

I feel for the man already, this is a tight one and hope whatever decision he made at the end of the day favor the family.

Ire o...

2 Likes

Re: Advice To A Father by oluwaseyi0: 7:34pm On Jul 13, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Tinubu regime will favour me and my family.
I shall get 7 figure job this year, I shall marry this year and I shall be favoured.

What skill do you have
Re: Advice To A Father by oluwaseyi0: 7:36pm On Jul 13, 2023
phemmyfour:
It is better you go with her....there are minders in UK to help you take care of the baby. You can go into IT or Data science, it won't take you six months to settle down.

1N = £1050 ......if you let this opportunity pass you by, na you know

Minders will take a very large chunk of that their 30k pounds per annum

Any family earning less than 45k yearly shouldn't reason minder
Re: Advice To A Father by walyx(m): 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

whatever this couple does, they should do it AS A FAMILY... so if she goes to UK, everyone goes... and if he wants to stay back in Nigeria then EVERYONE STAYS BACK IN NIGERIA!

Well said
Re: Advice To A Father by charlesdinho(m): 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2023
a three months old baby should not be separated from his/her mother. she should travel with the child

1 Like

Re: Advice To A Father by PDJT: 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2023
samuelson06:
You've not included in your post the nature of work the wife is going to do. Meanwhile, £2,500 per month is too small to keep a family of three. By the way, I won't support anything that separate the husband from the wife.

Finally, I won't approve this move. It's going to be a journey of struggle, especially for the man that's going to take care of their baby at home in the interim.

- £2,500/month is not too bad depending on the region. But it will be a struggle at the beginning except if they travelled with a decent war chest for house/flat deposit and purchase of household items.

-Secondly, I guess the man will find a part-time work to supplement the household earning.

-However, I think it's a hugely tricky adventure, which I wouldn't support until baby is old enough to start at least nursery at age 3 (9am to 12 noon or afternoon session 12 noon to 3pm if they choose).

1 Like

Re: Advice To A Father by sonnie10: 7:43pm On Jul 13, 2023
Don’t go anywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice To A Father by phemmyfour: 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

Minders will take a very large chunk of that their 30k pounds per annum

Any family earning less than 45k yearly shouldn't reason minder
Not when the guy is also working
Re: Advice To A Father by Sirchiboy: 7:45pm On Jul 13, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

What skill do you have
Driving.
Freelance computer service provider.
HND
Re: Advice To A Father by Killermamba: 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2023
IkpemhiTG:

Oga leave pride alone, go support your wife, get a job, put your child in a day care
Re: Advice To A Father by JeffreyJunior: 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2023
30k job in UK is not worth the stress since the man has thriving business back home and also the fact that they have 3 months old.

They will sure regret it if they move ahead with that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice To A Father by HaneefahRN(f): 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2023
Whatever you do let the primary applicant come first and get accomodation especially sorted first. To see accomodation for UK as a family is not beans. I personally won't be comfortable leaving my 3 months old baby behind, but if your wife and you are in agreement to do that no problem. I have seen people who did and they are also doing fine.
And you have to leave Naija mentality of not being a hands on father behind. If you don't want to spend all your salaries on child minders you have to babysit too as a father.

Lastly if you are doing very well financially as a family and do not have any other reason for seeking to japa apart from seeking more money then would say you all should stay back in Naija and enjoy your money.
You both need to talk indeptand reach a compromise

3 Likes

Re: Advice To A Father by abobote: 7:59pm On Jul 13, 2023
The second option is no option. He should go with her

Though I hate being under woman, its not pleasant at all
Re: Advice To A Father by ThothHermes: 7:59pm On Jul 13, 2023
£30k per year abi per month? How much premier league players dey collect again abeg

1 Like

Re: Advice To A Father by TheBillyonaire: 8:00pm On Jul 13, 2023
30K per year is not money.

Besides, the woman go leave am eventually, whether they travel or not.

Women who are constantly searching for japa strategy always end up leaving their husbands. Say no to her, she will blame you every day, allow her to travel alone, she will be fuccking Romanians. Go with her, and become a nanny and she will return daily to see a failure always in boxers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice To A Father by AnI77: 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2023
IkpemhiTG:

He should not risk his family. In my opinion, 30k Pounds per year is nowhere near worth risking one's family for, at least not in the post-Brexit economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice To A Father by OboOlora(f): 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
Whatever u do, follow her abroad o.
Those UK boiz be adonilaya
Re: Advice To A Father by Blitzking: 8:07pm On Jul 13, 2023
IkpemhiTG:

Can his wife feed him until he gets a job...women no fit feed ma n oo..them go begin dey nag..let him weigh his options..but I know he will get a job in the yookay...however he fit no like am..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's So Special About Twins??? / Is Penny Auctions Of Kobobid Legit Or Scam? / How Important Is A Son In Igbo Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.