Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,935 members, 7,873,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:34 AM

Advice To A Father - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice To A Father (18710 Views)

I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father / The Moment A Father Caught His Daughter Twerking (photos) / What A Father Told His Daughter A-day Before Her Wedding - Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice To A Father by Wodu89: 12:18am On Jul 14, 2023
prophetfire:
Premium tears loading for the man. This I have seen.

Why going to UK? Because of money .
Isn't the man making money here in Nigeria?
Just going to UK because of more money isn't ideal.
Either he goes there and his wife turns him to houseboy and throws him out or he stays back here and builds his family and business. Money isn't everything.
You can never know a Nigerian woman until you start feeding from her hands.

You've pointed out my fears

A woman can be very deadly when she is a high earner, there's a kid to look after with no one besides the partner and the partner isn't earning. It's then she'll begin to say the dark things Satan whispers to her heart she has been keeping for long.
Re: Advice To A Father by harmony75: 3:38am On Jul 14, 2023
Both should think it through and do what's best for them.

1 Like

Re: Advice To A Father by NezzyMike: 4:44am On Jul 14, 2023
ednut1:
this one hard o. From this i guess the man is a business person without skills in indemand occupations like medicine, nursing, tech and consulting. So na mostly hustle jobs he will see . With night shift being his likely option because he will baby sit during the day and go hustle at night. Daycare is very expensive too abroad. Leaving a 3 months old baby behind in Nigeria self no go easy. If her mom is still alive let her follow to be doing nanny/ omugwo while the husband figures what good job or skill he can do. Can be visiting them.

Op will just break down with night shift thingy, during the day he suppose sleep, he go begin nurse a baby that is less than 6 months, na die be that. Let the wife go first while the husband stays back to care for the baby with their relatives.
Re: Advice To A Father by Mom007(f): 5:24am On Jul 14, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

whatever this couple does, they should do it AS A FAMILY... so if she goes to UK, everyone goes... and if he wants to stay back in Nigeria then EVERYONE STAYS BACK IN NIGERIA!
Anything short of this is a loose loose situation.
For the man to be asking for advice sef, shows he doesn't have the temperament to sit home and nurse children. But it won't be too bad where there is love and understanding. He can get a night shift job and then go to work when his wife returns. Its not that mental🙄
Re: Advice To A Father by just4fun(m): 6:13am On Jul 14, 2023
Let her forfeit the job n stay back with her husband n grow the family n Business.
The family is too young to start this. Since he is not doing badly, the wife can stick around till another time.
Re: Advice To A Father by Dhoneymix(m): 6:14am On Jul 14, 2023
Candid Advice! STAY BACK IN NIGERIA.

My reason! If the earning is £30000 per annum, then the monthly income of the family is £2500.

Well, with the current life-threatening tax system in the UK plus all the bill, I doubt that amount would sustain you all in the UK. Think well and ask questions about cost of living so that you do not lose what you have in the search for what you hope.

Ire o
Re: Advice To A Father by Mindlog: 6:45am On Jul 14, 2023
RALPHOW:
Honestly, the most important thing is the natural attitude of your wife.
If she is arrogant type or has tendency to be arrogant, please stay in Nigeria with your business, the worse is that you may marry another wife if she mess up. Otherwise you will regret the day you board the plane.

However, if she is naturally humble and submissive, you may please proceed on the journey. She may need to support you financially to start a good business or get certified in your chosen course.

Support him financially on top how much she will be earning?

Guy must look for night shift jobs immediately he arrives, to contribute paying their bills.
Re: Advice To A Father by Nonywendy(m): 6:53am On Jul 14, 2023
IkpemhiTG:
Your candid advise is needed.

His wife got a job in the UK which pays her about £30,000/ annum. Husband will be going with the wife along with thier 3months old baby as a dependent. How do you think this man can cope nursing thier baby for God knows how long before he gets something doing.

On a second thought he will rather let the wife go while he stays back with the baby in Nigeria managing his business. He's not doing do bad in Nigeria.

My people what's the best option he should take that would favour him and his family?.
Japa with ur wife oo. U will soon get job soon so u help out
Re: Advice To A Father by prophetfire: 7:01am On Jul 14, 2023
Wodu89:

You've pointed out my fears

A woman can be very deadly when she is a high earner, there's a kid to look after with no one besides the partner and the partner isn't earning. It's then she'll begin to say the dark things Satan whispers to her heart she has been keeping for long.
. As simple as that.
Re: Advice To A Father by Pjoe238: 7:13am On Jul 14, 2023
If the man is doing very well in Nigeria and can take care of the family, the wife don't need that job in far away London. The man should not shut down his business and relocate to London just to be a nanny to his wife. The man would loss all his respects and right as a man when the wife becomes the bread winner of the family. If the man also decides for the wife alone to relocate to London then he should get prepared for stories that touch later. The man should only relocate to London with the wife if he don't have any meaningful thing doing in Nigeria. my candid advice.
Re: Advice To A Father by zeenaman: 7:13am On Jul 14, 2023
Stay in Nigeria. Happiness is key. Money with depression is not worth it
Re: Advice To A Father by GogetterMD(m): 7:44am On Jul 14, 2023
IkpemhiTG:

His wife got a job in the UK which pays her about £30,000/ annum. Husband will be going with the wife along with thier 3months old baby as a dependent. How do you think this man can cope nursing thier baby for God knows how long before he gets something doing.

On a second thought he will rather let the wife go while he stays back with the baby in Nigeria managing his business. He's not doing do bad in Nigeria.

My people what's the best option he should take that would favour him and his family?.

30k in the UK for a family of 3 is grossly insufficient. Wouldn't advice embarking on that journey. He can go join her if she gets a higher paying job

1 Like

Re: Advice To A Father by Ynix(m): 7:58am On Jul 14, 2023
IkpemhiTG:

He should get a PC, learn a digital based skill like product development, web development, blogging or even forex. While at home he can be earning well through a growth curve
Re: Advice To A Father by Babastrong(m): 8:36am On Jul 14, 2023
[quote author=IkpemhiTG post=124378921]Your candid advise is needed.

My people what's the best option he should take that would favour him and his family?.[whenever/the/snail/moves/his/shell/follows.]
Re: Advice To A Father by chocome: 9:32am On Jul 14, 2023
I know of a family who were on this same table but in their case, it was two kids 2 years old and 3months old. The parents left the kids behind with their relative and went to UK to Hussle and create a better environment for their kids awaiting their coming. The father went back to Nigeria after one year to take the kids to the UK when they both have settled down.

They have a YouTube channel about their journey you can check them out.
The Fab family is their name.
Re: Advice To A Father by Sososo(f): 10:16am On Jul 14, 2023
RecentHistory:

Oga, I bought Rav4 and gave a lady I stupidly called my fiance. One day, she told me to stop making noise in her car. A vehicle that she didn't put 1 kobo inside.

That day was a turning point in my relationship with females of all kinds.

Only a mother loves unconditionally. Others are after their own survival.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Lord have mercy!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Advice To A Father by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:31am On Jul 14, 2023
Ilekokonit:
What if his wife loses her job in the UK and both he and their child are dependent on the now lost income and he has already closed his CERTAIN source of income in Naija

I personally will not subscribe to anyone father or mother being a nanny or stay at home parent as you tend to lose your skills by staying at home for an indeterminate period of time.

So, if he moves to the UK, he has to find a job fast so that he puts some money on the table every month end especially since child care in the UK is upwards of £1,000 per month talk less of the brutal cost of living crisis EVERYONE in the UK is currently facing.

His wife's £2,035 net pay per month can not pay the monthly child care costs + rent + gas + water + electricity + council tax + TV licence + broadband + baby costs + phone bills + feeding + clothes + toiletries + a little something kept aside for emergency bills that WILL surely pop up now and again especially with a baby in tow - baby medicine, pampers, food, winter clothes etc, etc.

He should think hard and fast about this as the grass always looks greener when looked at from the other side of the fence and does he want to jack in certainty for uncertainty. ??

Abeg, rest.
Re: Advice To A Father by Acidosis(m): 10:58am On Jul 14, 2023
quatrevingtdix:

This is from experience.
Why TV license when you’re still hustling netflix never do you?(you don’t have to pay tv license if you watch netflix and prime and don’t stream live channels like bbc, channels and the likes)

You pay to stream live programmes in the UK? What about YouTube livestreaming?
Re: Advice To A Father by whichway007: 11:29am On Jul 14, 2023
IkpemhiTG:

His wife got a job in the UK which pays her about £30,000/ annum. Husband will be going with the wife along with thier 3months old baby as a dependent. How do you think this man can cope nursing thier baby for God knows how long before he gets something doing.What about nakingxxxxx

Re: Advice To A Father by COMPUTERVILLA(m): 11:37am On Jul 14, 2023
My Advice,

Let her take the Baby along(The baby will have better opportunities there and might even become a citizen) and let them sign a contract before she leaves stating that if the child grows to age 12 then she will let him train him onward if eventually he does not have any plans to be travel there. nevertheless, he should at all times visit her at least once in 6 months.

and he should also focus on growing his business.
Re: Advice To A Father by Mindlog: 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2023
COMPUTERVILLA:
My Advice,

Let her take the Baby along(The baby will have better opportunities there and might even become a citizen) and let them sign a contract before she leaves stating that if the child grows to age 12 then she will let him train him onward if eventually he does not have any plans to be travel there. nevertheless, he should at all times visit her at least once in 6 months.

and he should also focus on growing his business.

Take a 3 months baby along? Who takes care of the baby when she is at work?
Re: Advice To A Father by LadyPortable(f): 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2023
quatrevingtdix:

“How about if she looses her job in the uk?”. Okay, how about if he looses his source if income in Nigeria?.
Come on everything is a risk, you don’t live scared of taking decision because of if it fails, you take it and work against it failing while planning for whatever life throws at you.

Everybody keeps shouting bills bills, haba! Its like most people here dont want people to come or people in Nigeria are half informed.
Manchester for instance, there are houses(2 bedrooms for instance) that are 800-900 amd 1k tops
Monthly budget:
900 - house
African food(which is the most expensive from african stores) - 200

Light and gas -200
Council tax - 150 tops

Diapers - 2 maxi pack(pampers which is the most expensive) for 22pounds at morrisons, enough for a month.

Baby food - 34pounds )thats if its just baby food no breastmilk)

Total - 1500
If you want to spoil yourself enter primark shop and shop -300gbp for tourself and baby.

This is from experience.
Why TV license when you’re still hustling netflix never do you?(you don’t have to pay tv license if you watch netflix and prime and don’t stream live channels like bbc, channels and the likes)

Abeg lets stop discouraging people from coming please, @o.p I’m just giving you the info needed to make an informed decision.

Most people here shout bills bills, ehn UK is expensive, and they haven’t gone back to Naija. The cheapest thing here is food stuff. So live according to your income and you should be fine, but don’t all come if there’s no accommodation ready. Make plans.

Thanks for the in-depth analysis. Can you throw more light on this tv license stuff. I'm confused. I got a non smart tv and virgin media broadband and has been worried if I need a tv license.the tv has got channels like itv and bbc
Re: Advice To A Father by Ilekokonit: 8:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
RecentHistory:

Oga, I bought Rav4 and gave a lady I stupidly called my fiance. One day, she told me to stop making noise in her car. A vehicle that she didn't put 1 kobo inside.

That day was a turning point in my relationship with females of all kinds.

Only a mother loves unconditionally. Others are after their own survival.

Na wa o.

My friends wife in London told him point blank in his car on their way from church with their kids present not to keep playing Sunny Ade music in the car when their kids are in the car as she does not want her kids spoken English to be as bad as their Dads own.

She is inferring that her husbands English is poor because he listens to too much Sunny Ade music.
Re: Advice To A Father by DrDunamis(m): 8:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
IkpemhiTG:

Give no foothold to satan and what God has joined together,let not man put asunder.
Get a trustworthy fellow to handle your business. Pack your things and move with your wife but be ready to hustle it to get a job too really fast before satan will also use that against you and cause quarrels.
Re: Advice To A Father by emmaodet: 5:15am On Jul 15, 2023
Ilekokonit:

Na wa o.

My friends wife in London told him point blank in his car on their way from church with their kids present not to keep playing Sunny Ade music in the car when their kids are in the car as she does not want her kids spoken English to be as bad as their Dads own.

She is inferring that her husbands English is poor because he listens to too much Sunny Ade music.

grin grin
Re: Advice To A Father by Psoul(m): 7:55am On Jul 15, 2023
Read This Carefully

A man can cheat on his woman and still love her but a woman cannot cheat on her man and still love him. I say this because while men do not have sex with emotions, women can't have sex without attaching emotions to it. This is the reason men simply need a place to have sex while women need a reason to have sex.
Most women who take their husbands to court for divorce are those that cheat on their men. A non cheating woman would most likely never take her husband to court for divorce, unless the man exceedingly abuses her physically and emotionally to the point of killing her.

Men don't equate sex with love. A man can have sex with another woman but still doesn't love her. That's why women who fell in love with married men find it difficult to find happiness in those relationships as they are just being used by those married men. But once a married woman starts sleeping with you, she can even narrates some hidden secretes concerning her husband and she will even tell you why she hates him (her husband). She can even accept poison from you to eliminate her husband.

For men, sex and love are two different things. But for women, sex and love are one and the same things. For men, sex comes first before love (infatuation), but for women love comes first before sex (true love). Therefore, once your woman starts having sex with another man/men, her love shifts from you to that man and she can even start giving that man the best food and love than she gives you.

The fact that your man is cheating on you doesn't mean he has stopped loving you. But I can't say the same for women. Once a woman starts cheating on you, she has fallen for someone else and you people will never live the same again. And she can even kill her husband once she starts cheating on him.
If your wife starts cheating, you should be a lucky man not to die in less than 10 years. It has been found that 95% of women who cheat wish their husbands dead. That is the main reason why it is dangerous for a man to continue staying with a wife who cheats on him. That is why is now encouraged everywhere in the world including in the Bible, for a man to divorce his wife only once she starts cheating on him. Cheating women are more deadly to husbands than ordinarily criminals or weapons. There are many cheating women in the world who invite criminals to break into her house at night only to come and eliminate her man and police officers plus relatives can't detect this as the same woman tend to moan more than any person at the funeral so as to attract sympathy and hide her evil acts.

That's why psychologists discourage women,more than men, from cheating.

Women can't handle the emotional conflict that comes with cheating.

That's the reason an observant and intelligent man will notice that his wife has started cheating on him once he starts doing it because most women tend to lose respect to their husbands and try to avoid sex with them in most times.

Cheating Women will even be giving excuses for not wanting to have sex with their husbands. Study has revealed that nearly 90% of women who cheat find it hard to have enjoyable sex with their husbands, again an intelligent man will detect this once his wife's behavior with regard to sex start changing. But a dull man can never detect this and always tolerate fake excuses from his cheating wife until he is completely eliminated.

Study has shown that every relationship begins to flounder once a woman starts cheating. There are many men who cheat on their partners but still show them true love. But it is very hard to find a relationship in which a woman is cheating and things still remain the same.

I repeat, nearly 100% of cheating women wish their husbands quick death or divorce to have unlimited sex freedom while nearly 100% of cheating men can't wish their wives quick death or divorce. That is why most men cant allow their wives to be physically or verbally abused by their girlfriends. Men will always stand for their wives.

A man would cheat but still love and respect his wife, but the opposite is true with cheating women.

Once your wife starts sleeping with other men/man, just know that your death is near.
Re: Advice To A Father by quatrevingtdix: 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2023
Yes you need to pay as long as what you are streaming online is live, be it : BBnaija, channels tv, BBC, CNN, Arise TV, youtube livestreaming. Anything live you pay the TV license fee 😁

The only thing you get to watch without paying is netflix, prime disney paramount and other pay on demand streaming platforms.
Acidosis:

You pay to stream live programmes in the UK? What about YouTube livestreaming?
LadyPortable:

Thanks for the in-depth analysis. Can you throw more light on this tv license stuff. I'm confused. I got a non smart tv and virgin media broadband and has been worried if I need a tv license.the tv has got channels like itv and bbc
Re: Advice To A Father by LadyPortable(f): 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2023
quatrevingtdix:
Yes you need to pay as long as what you are streaming online is live, be it : BBnaija, channels tv, BBC, CNN, Arise TV, youtube livestreaming. Anything live you pay the TV license fee 😁

The only thing you get to watch without paying is netflix, prime disney paramount and other pay on demand streaming platforms.

I only watch Netflix, YouTube and Disney. Do I still have to pay ?
Re: Advice To A Father by luminouz(m): 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
Mom007:

Anything short of this is a loose loose situation.
For the man to be asking for advice sef, shows he doesn't have the temperament to sit home and nurse children. But it won't be too bad where there is love and understanding. He can get a night shift job and then go to work when his wife returns. Its not that mental🙄

Nawa o mommy!! This your advice na die oh.

He will go for night shift work and come back to SLEEP, and the baby will be unattended during the day while the wife is at work. Think am na. You don see night shift people dey alert during the day ni?
Re: Advice To A Father by Mom007(f): 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2023
luminouz:

Nawa o mommy!! This your advice na die oh.

He will go for night shift work and come back to SLEEP, and the baby will be unattended during the day while the wife is at work. Think am na. You don see night shift people dey alert during the day ni?

Lol. Una never ready for UK life be that. What do you think those your friends, cousins and uncles in UK are doing? Alert kor, alert ni
If you cannot do the above I mentioned, better avoid coming to UK with a baby unless you are ready to not work until that child is 5. Even then, you have to be there by 9am and 3pm to do drop offs and pick ups.
This your comment is exactly why Nigerian men go abroad with their wives and start beating them and complaining the wives are riding them. If the op cannot do this, he should stay back.
Re: Advice To A Father by luminouz(m): 7:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
Mom007:

Lol. Una never ready for UK life be that. What do you think those your friends, cousins and uncles in UK are doing? Alert kor, alert ni
If you cannot do the above I mentioned, better avoid coming to UK with a baby unless you are ready to not work until that child is 5. Even then, you have to be there by 9am and 3pm to do drop offs and pick ups.
This your comment is exactly why Nigerian men go abroad with their wives and start beating them and complaining the wives are riding them. If the op cannot do this, he should stay back.
Ok Ma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's So Special About Twins??? / Coping With A Beautiful, Loving, Helpful But A Nagging-Wife? / 5 Categories Of Worst Performing Dads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.