Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,382 members, 7,908,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 06:49 PM

Religion Has Finished My Mother.. - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Finished My Mother.. (60752 Views)

I Propose The Motion: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good To The Society / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by APCNig: 8:11am On Jul 13, 2023
duro4chang:
She is doing the right thing. She is praying for you people and that is why you are being blessed. Remember John Wesley's mother

This one too is mentally unstable like the OP’s mother

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by luvyaself95(m): 8:13am On Jul 13, 2023
This matter get wetin e tie for legs oh
Check well your mom might love pastors or want to be evangelist.
And no she doesn't have mental disorder or if you go call am Church mental disorders 🤷🏾‍♂️
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by frozen70(f): 8:16am On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Religion has turned my mother into a shadow of herself.
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics
Back then she was active and bubbling.

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
Everytime church, church, church
Yet she never gain anything from it
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

I feel she might have a mental disorder and I don't know how to save her.
She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do

Relocate her to any of your female sibblings house if she is married

Get a new phone and a new simcard and remove the simcard she was using before

With this, no one can reach her on phone

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Laradeen: 8:18am On Jul 13, 2023
cool
frozen70:

Relocate her to any of your female sibblings house if she is married

Get a new phone and a new simcard and remove the simcard she was using before

With this, no one can reach her on phone

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Laradeen: 8:20am On Jul 13, 2023
shocked
TrustedLawyer:
Like you mentioned yourself, I have carefully observed since I was a teenager, that when people become fanatical about religion, it is as a result of some kind of mental disorder.

We were living in the staff quarters somewhere in the then Benue state, back in the late 80's and a particular woman was so fanatical. She wouldn't eat food from anyone, always fasting and praying in tongues. By early 90's the situation had turned into serious mental illness that she had to be held by chains.

I have seen several of such cases ever since, because I observe very well. The truth is, every normal/sane human being knows the limit to everything or employs moderation in their actions.

Don't be alarmed. Work together as a family and get her medical/psychological help in form of serious counselling.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by zcee: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2023
Your mum can never be redeemed
My mum is a case study
Those men of God in Nigeria are using religion to deal with our Nigerian mums..

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:27am On Jul 13, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Restart am... even Nigeria wey finish don RESTART

There is a presidential candidate whose followers believe that he has a button which he would have pressed on inauguration day had he been president which will automatically restart Nigeria with in a second. Abundance of electricity, no more insecurity, good road, sufficient food, shelter, quality health services. Which is why they can't stop complaining about the president president. That by now, all of Nigeria's challenges should have been a thing of the past.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by alomeda600(m): 8:27am On Jul 13, 2023
Unfortunately, the decision would come only for her. No matter what you say, she won't change expect she changes herself
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by duro4chang(m): 8:28am On Jul 13, 2023
zinaunreal:

I hope your wife and mother gets scammed from all these spiritualists. By the time you hear that its the money to gave them that was used, then your eyes go clear
Be practical and reasonable. I am not your mate. You are rude.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Solababa91(m): 8:28am On Jul 13, 2023
Same people complaining of Church ignorantly exploiting them will not drag their foot to run to same MOG when they run into problems that money cannot solve, is that not stupidity?

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by tfelicityk(m): 8:31am On Jul 13, 2023
You guys should get a counsellor for her...
Maybe you should give her more attention, communicate to her in gentle voice and pretend to be in the same page with her. Gradually, find out the worship house where she worshipped. Look for same worship house in another location and for her to attend so as to get the difference between the heads there.
Idan will happen

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Donpenny(m): 8:37am On Jul 13, 2023
Your mum isn't mad. She just discovered a purpose driven life. The only problem i saw here is moving from one church to another, this is not good for her because of doctrines.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by demoBaba: 8:39am On Jul 13, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Only wrong thing here is jumping from Church to Church. Let her remain in one & all will be fine.

So, you don't see anything wrong in donating her up keeping allowance to churches. Most of those pastors are corporate army robber.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Orderabove(m): 8:39am On Jul 13, 2023
Battlefield2:
She is not mad
She is just a typical african mum
Brainwashed!
You need the special intervention of God to heal her
She's gone..... forget about it
Iya e ti lor
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nocix: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
How dare you mention Christ Embassy in such manner. Be warned
See one mumu

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by saysoo: 8:51am On Jul 13, 2023
Tai am rop
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by sinola(m): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2023
My broda, although, I don't like all these church tinz, but let me give u my 10k advice.
It is better that she is excessively into church than the other way round.

If your mum is fetish, you will understand the difference between 'Goodmorning madam' and 'Madam goodmorning' grin
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Maryam1234(f): 8:57am On Jul 13, 2023
freejypon:
grin i tell you

Glad I'm not alone on this grin

Blessed Morning to you and yours
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by chatinent: 8:58am On Jul 13, 2023
Religion is scam.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Pootle: 8:58am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:

another brain washed individual...them say ur pastor dey fornicate grin

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 13, 2023
Pootle:

another brain washed individual...them say ur pastor dey fornicate grin
May you mouth not lead you astray
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by sandland: 9:03am On Jul 13, 2023
Divija:
Calm down and appreciate your mother… would you prefer a flying mom?

How do you know that a human being flies. You are more brainwashed than the woman in question
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Oparasunny125(m): 9:05am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
Yeye person spotted, what wrong did he said about Christ Embasy
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 13, 2023
Oparasunny125:

Yeye person spotted, what wrong did he said about Christ Embasy
He should leave my church out of his yeye post
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by EDOLUWA: 9:07am On Jul 13, 2023
[quote author=TakeNigeriaBack post=124384290]If you're an African and you're a Christian, you're NOTHING but a European/Jewish slave.

[/qurote]

You are Ignorant!!! The fact that you call some set of people slave shows your bias sentiment against them. Have you forgotten that everyone have right to do everything they wants.

So being a Muslim or christian does not make anybody slave.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by FireUpNow(m): 9:08am On Jul 13, 2023
Pat081:
all those pastors will let you see Catholic Church like devil Church and see their own church like the only way to God
You are so correct. I once asked a preacher to show me where in the bible the followers of Moses were told not to follow Aaron. He was just fumbling

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by josite: 9:08am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
u just proved him right
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 13, 2023
josite:

u just proved him right
If he wants to be unfortunate with his post then he should leave my church out of it.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by olageeee(m): 9:11am On Jul 13, 2023
This is what happens when you don't have a personal relationship with GOD,don't be naive and let this fake guys take advantage of you.

When you read the Bible and understand GOD love for you and his plan concerning your life,you'll know what's right and what's not .

They know their target and the guilible ones.

Note:she wouldn't be given such attention,if she's not financially bouyant.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by phemmyfour: 9:11am On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Religion has turned my mother into a shadow of herself.
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics
Back then she was active and bubbling.

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
Everytime church, church, church
Yet she never gain anything from it
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

I feel she might have a mental disorder and I don't know how to save her.
She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do
Is Catholic not part of religion. Who told you that she wouldn't have donated all you gave her if she was still in Catholic.

You mummy is the problem not pentecostal churches.

We have people in those churches you mentioned above the have assets across the Country
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by victorazy(m): 9:16am On Jul 13, 2023
sotall:

Scam

Not for you, not for poor stingy guys like u grin

U don dash ur papa money before talk of...
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Pootle: 9:23am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
May you mouth not lead you astray

how bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: "High Tech Amotekun Has Silenced Killer Herdsmen" / US Pastor, Jenkins: "I Love Women & Pussy" After He Was Caught At Strippers Club / Pastor Stephen Akinola Is Dead

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.