Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,128 members, 7,943,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 02:14 AM

Religion Has Finished My Mother.. - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Finished My Mother.. (61056 Views)

I Propose The Motion: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good To The Society / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Ninobraw(m): 11:47am On Jul 13, 2023
hashtagged:

You would never understand, That's the point of life to serve our God with all our hearts and all our might. She has found God don't take it away from her. I want to be like this too, my whole life and body as a living sacrifice to him.
I am working towards this and he gives me strength, I disappoint him sometimes and am very sad

God never lose before
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by MisterBanny(m): 11:58am On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
How dare you mention Christ Embassy in such manner. Be warned

So you're warning someone that aired out the challenge he is facing? Are u the owner of Christ Embassy Church? Does anyone even know you as a member?
For your info, Christ Embassy is one of the churches that milks their members dry of every penny. They tax you upandan. Infact if u don't have money or your not financially stable, never attend Christ Embassy cos u would be oppressed and intimidated. Members even go to beg and hire suits to wear to church

5 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by GanagiBitrus: 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2023
NovusHomo:

No, from dik to dik. Church is just a camouflage. Sorry to tell you this.

You're entitled to your opinions. You should also respect people's right to freedom of worship, especially if it doesn't in any way infringe on your own rights. wink

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Stanbaba30: 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So what is more respectful is that he continues to feed her addiction, sending her mother which he already knows she will pour straight into the pockets of these gods of men whose lies have a hold over her mind then? undecided

2. Because she is a mother, he should ignore her obvious addiction issue, and continue to compound it instead? So, in your mind, if he does not send her money, she is no longer his mother? or the relationship between them is defined by the money he sends her? Go get help abeg! Stop trying to blackmail people with this bunkum! undecided
You are obviously a judge here. How did you come to the very fact that the mother is addicted? So you take his words that his mother is addicted abi? Have you proven it? At least you heard him acknowledge the fact that he’s not going to give her any money again which I think is wicked. There’s no blackmail here anyway. Cheers
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by PepeXKermit: 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2023
alobright17:
Useless children like you doesn't send money to their parents.

So in actual sense you're the useless one here not the OP

How mich do you send to your mother a month. If its not up to 200k every month, feck off my mention. Useless people wey think say everybody poor like them. Lol
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Bacteriologist(m): 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I have seen it happen with my own eyes. They are some of the same reasons why people confess to crimes they could not in fact be guilty of. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/decoding-madness/202111/10-reasons-people-admit-crimes-they-didn-t-commit

2. Not everyone walking around is carrying a full case. Some people are fragile in points you will find hard to believe. undecided

The link isn't working. I would have loved to read that.

Religion is one of the biggest chains holding Africa back. It's such a pity.

OP my advise to you is to stop sending her money for a while. Buy her the clothes or any other provisions she needs directly but don't give her cash. She has clearly been brainwashed by her pastors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by alobright17(m): 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2023
PepeXKermit:

How mich do you send to your mother a month. If it’s not up to 200k every month, feck off my mention. Useless people wey think say everybody poor like them. Lol
you’re useless my mother is not like your wretched jobless mother that’s goes from one pastor looking for miracle money fighting enemies, begging God for you to be useful in life .
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by SaLongs1(m): 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
duro4chang:
She is doing the right thing. She is praying for you people and that is why you are being blessed. Remember John Wesley's mother
You must be one who eats from the altar too.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by SaLongs1(m): 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2023
Bacteriologist:

The link isn't working. I would have loved to read that.

Religion is one of the biggest chains holding Africa back. It's such a pity.

OP my advise to you is to stop sending her money for a while. Buy her the clothes or any other provisions she needs directly but don't give her cash. She has clearly been brainwashed by her pastors.
Religion is the new mental slavery that is aimed at subjugating the African psyche.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by PepeXKermit: 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2023
alobright17:
you’re useless my mother is not like your wretched jobless mother that’s goes from one pastor looking for miracle money fighting enemies, begging God for you to be useful in life .

Lol. If you no fot dey gice your mama 200k a month, e mean say na she dey feed you. Oga. You wont hear from me again. Many of una no reach. Lol
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by AdaAwka1: 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Religion has turned my mother into a shadow of herself.
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics
Back then she was active and bubbling.

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
Everytime church, church, church
Yet she never gain anything from it
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

I feel she might have a mental disorder and I don't know how to save her.
She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do

go and warn the pastors. but seriouly once someone starts to hop from one church to the other, then there is a problem.pls sit her down and find out wat her problem is,maybe she is just bored

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by AdaAwka1: 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2023
alobright17:

why should you say thison someone's post.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by duro4chang(m): 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
SaLongs1:
You must be one who eats from the altar too.
No but we must say the truth always .
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by victorazy(m): 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2023
sotall:

See mumu!

I go feed you and your entire family for life without blinking.

You think everyone is as poor and wretched like you?

grin but you thinks like poor man you are grin

Poor mentality......

First feed ur father
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by sotall(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2023
victorazy:

grin but you thinks like poor man you are grin

Poor mentality......

First feed ur father

Ode!

It's think not thinks.

Go back to primary school.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
If he wants to be unfortunate with his post then he should leave my church out of it.
Fvck your church bro, you're dumb & they're playing you like a SIMP
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
Hahaha, have you tried crying? It might help you.

Take your religion & your stupid church and throw it in the trash, you piece of shit.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2023
I hate anything that concerns religion & if I were to start talking on this issue, it would be a long one. I have helped a few people close to me realise that religion is a complete SCAM. I only hope others can see for themselves too.
SultanOfPuna:
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:08pm On Jul 13, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
■ Far bigger, how many A-list prostitutes can buy private jets? Don't even compare them
Religion is indeed big business in Nigeria, and Nigerian pastors even have offshore accounts to show for this. . undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2023
slowice:
■ At least she didn't join witchcraft people is church that she joined... It's ok
A witch who brings in results is far better than a churchian who drains her own children in order to line the pockets of her gods of men. Let's stop telling ourselves lies. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On Jul 13, 2023
odiinsgrace:
Everything we do have a reward...God will never turn a blind eye on someone who supports and propagates His kingdom on earth.Why do you think most religions give arms and gifts? Giving has a strong spiritual significance when you give right and one's sin can never cancel it u cn only get purnished for ur sins not the sin stop Gods blessing when you support His kingdom work. I want you to Try this an thank me later Share halve of what you have and go give it to the sick in hospital
■ Go to a pastor too or a ch and gift them money to support their project If God doesn't come through for u call me a bastard because those are the things I did during my NYSC and the rest of how I got my blessings was story
1. Which God? The same God that said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; your prayers, praises, offerings/vows/tithes/seed sowing, good works, etc., are tainted by your sins and are filthy abominations to God? All this means that if you are not first righteous, all your prayers, your offerings/vows/tithes/sees, your petitions, your praises, etc., will never reach God. Na your pastors and mogs all of the una dey worship for there. undecided

Una don even reduce God finish to corrupt entity wey una fit bribe by gifting your pastors with this and that. Na wa oo! undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2023
SaintLucia:
Wahala be like Lord Chosen Church, dem no dey encourage their women and men to marry. Na so so widow and widower full the church who goes around in the early morning 5:00am, afternoon at various bus stop and evening constituting nuisance in the name of evangelism.
God have mercy! grin

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2023
Desusi:
■ Don't mind this man,it appears he wants to stop your source of blessings.
Source of what blessings? Are you folks so damaged that you now believe that the reason you get paid a salary is not because you work for it but because you bow yourselves to foolish stories fed to you by other men? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
ubola:
Talk to her in a kind manner to accept just one of those denominations and settle. Don't stop her from her services to God. She might be sowing seeds for your future well-being. She's not mad, there's deep conviction somewhere.
This retort of yours makes no sense. Do you know what conviction means? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by zinaunreal(m): 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
duro4chang:
I may not know and it's not necessary but you are rude to me. Tender your undeserved apology now

Go to blazes
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by seyenko(m): 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
Dont send her money as the Pastors are aware that she is very buoyant. When she does not have cash to give them, they will leave her alone

SultanOfPuna:

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by slowice(m): 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
A witch who brings in results is far better than a churchian who drains her own children in order to line the pockets of her gods of men. Let's stop telling ourselves lies. undecided

Lol dey play... You can't predict Satan's move
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by ChuksHills(m): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

You are not happy that you have a mother that's standing in the gap for you and your family.

Many people are praying for their parents to do this for them you are here shouting, go and see how many families are been dealt with and struggling because of evils going on around them.

The best legacy parents are supposed to keep for their children today is spiritual lagecy which we call grace built in righteousness and holiness through their services and followership with God.

Check many young youths succeeding today in their respective field they all have righteous parents that have built grace for them because of how they served and follow God.

If you understand I will advise you to support your mom in serving God but this time she should stick to one church because it will be a great benefit to you and your family.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2023
pikechukwu6:
This is similar to the problem am having with my wife.... One useless pastor that make prayers on Facebook every week days.... Monday till Friday...starting from 7am till 9:30am. My wife keep listening to this pastor every morning leaving everything she supposed to do as a woman in the house. Please how can a sane person wake up from sleep and remain praying with a pastor online, forgetting to move out and look for what to eat? I open a shop for her but she open her shop by 10am or 11am something 12pm. seriously am tired. I really need advice.
My first guess is that your wife's problem is one of Anxiety. If you can get her to go with you for professional marriage counseling and maybe opt for professional mental health therapy, she can maybe begin to see reason again. Pastors and mogs — all of them conmen— plague upon the anxieties of the minds of the people. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2023
visaclick:
■ same thing am facing with my wife now. How can i be bursting my ass working daily to give the family comfort meanwhile she has a tithe cheque book? Pastors have opened office on her head.
Calculate how much she don invest in the business of her pastors and mogs, all while they save up the money wey dem get for their own children and legacy. Then you will know it is probably time you and your wife go for professional marriage counseling to stop that nonsense. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2023
Umadam:
■ 98% of Nigerian pastors are marketers. Stop sending her money. Always buy her food and other necessities of life, u will see those hustlers will stop putting her at front bench..
100% of them are nothing but yahoo boys-to-men. They are conmen who sell people lies using the many mentions of the name of God. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2023
IconicR:
Wake up, Black man!!!

Stop playing Uncle Tom to this religious bullshit.

Imagine warning your fellow black man because of the white man's religion

Wake up, nigga!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? / Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? / Sinach, Joe Egbu With Pastor Chris At Sharon Oyakhilome's Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.