Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,132 members, 7,880,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:47 PM

Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs (18717 Views)

Oyo Assembly Approves Nomination Of Bayo Lawal To Replace Olaniyan As Deputy Gov / Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor / Reverse Your Nomination Of MD NDDC, Delta Ijaws Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by FunkeAyorinde: 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
shocked
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Maskeddd: 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2023
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Flathead8: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2023
Why, because his a northerner? Even if he sacks him, be rest assured his replacement won't be Ibo grin
Amuluonyenaego:
Why oga tinubu no wan appoint new DSS dg, it kept me thinking 🤔

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Zxcvbnmghtr: 4:51pm On Jul 13, 2023
Racoon:
One just hope their reign will improve the grave widespread insecurity pervading this nation.

Am so surprise by this comment of yours too. Highly commendable. I honestly least expect such from you. It is good to start seeing things from a positive angle of optimism and possibilities, being HOPEFUL.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Ejyksneh(m): 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2023
Bola Ahmed Tinubu should be arrested and prosecuted as soon as possible
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by LadiPole: 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2023
Ok
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Skiming247(m): 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2023
They way this Senate just approve any tin on there desk within 24hrs.....
500b palliative= good
service chief=good

Hope this is not another robber stamp?
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by merits(m): 4:54pm On Jul 13, 2023
Nemere2020:

https://dailynigerian.com/senate-confirms-nomination/
Congrats 👏🎉 but they should tackle insecurity with seriousness.
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2023
They should all work in synergy to tackle high level of insecurity.
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by frog12: 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2023
see the difference between TINUBU and nepotic BUHARI ??

he diversify the service chiefs. BUHARI was just the worst and nepotic person ever. TINUBU has lifted the veil of evil.
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by prophetfire: 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2023
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by ObidenceNeckpre: 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2023
U Shall wan use style tell us, u have migrated to canada. since u want to mock us by that ur may FTC favor................, May canada not favor you ooooooo.
6ixVille:
FTC first timer... Tho i could care less about the story. Im sha dedicating ds FTC to my cousin who is also a nairalander bt just relocated to Canada..gon miss u bro. May the FTC favor me and my family
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by whippersnapper(m): 5:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
lexy2014:

The present DG na Tinubu correct paddy
the only way tinubus government will succeed is by sacking that man. If not Nigerians will beg buhari to come back
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by eeetuk(m): 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2023
"The Senate on Thursday at plenary confirmed the appointment of Service Chiefs, nominated by President Bola Tinubu."
Insignificant action! And here is why. Nigerian lawmakers are illiterate. All the so called service chiefs are bribe takers. A proper vetting process will have uncovered the crimes committed by these guys over the years and caused them to be rejected.
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by lexy2014: 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2023
whippersnapper:
the only way tinubus government will succeed is by sacking that man. If not Nigerians will beg buhari to come back

Are you expecting Tinubu sack his friend or is it that you don't know Tinubu?

How is Tinubus governments success tied to his sacking the DG of the DSS?
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Emetex22(m): 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2023
Ijaya123:
Now net the job begin.

IPOB
Boko Haram
ISWAP
Terrorists under any disguise should be taken out completely.

Take no prisoners!!!
You forgot to add your uncle the skull miner💀, spits
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by saysoo: 6:37pm On Jul 13, 2023
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Blackestjunior(m): 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2023
lexy2014:

Is GCFR a position or a person?

Is it compulsory for the service chiefs to be promoted in rank?

WWW.google.com
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by lexy2014: 7:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
Blackestjunior:

WWW.google.com

Then you wouldn't have any problems using it to answer my questions.

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by whippersnapper(m): 7:38pm On Jul 13, 2023
lexy2014:

Are you expecting Tinubu sack his friend or is it that you don't know Tinubu?

How is Tinubus governments success tied to his sacking the DG of the DSS?
if corruption and nepotism was a person. His tenure was the embodiment of that person
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by crossbreedwears(m): 7:43pm On Jul 13, 2023
In the armed forces it's by seniority which means whenever you want to mention or address them, you start with the Chief of Defence staff, Chief of Army staff, Chief of Naval staff and Chief of Air Staff. Take note bloodly civilian lol
babaRUNtinz:
OK, make una do am well ó!!

Mr Lagbaja and Co.
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by crossbreedwears(m): 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
The promotion don take time oh. Them suppose don promote them after handling over na. I don check youtube tire to see if them don promote them make i see as baba wan take decorate them lol because baba fit no dabi rank.
Blackestjunior:
Formalities.. The GCFR as appointed them
Won't dey confirm Dem before, na promotion remain to 3 Star generals and the CDS to a full 4 star general

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by crossbreedwears(m): 7:46pm On Jul 13, 2023
Look at this man oh! The service chiefs has to be promoted! Are you in the military or do you have an idea about armed forces. They are due for promotion that is why they were selected for the posg they occupy
lexy2014:

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Metrofox(m): 7:47pm On Jul 13, 2023
Ijaya123:
Now let the job begins.

IPOB
Boko Haram
ISWAP
Terrorists under any disguise should be taken out completely.

Take no prisoners!!! I repeat, TAKE NO PRISONER!!!

this one don high. grin start with shettima
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by lexy2014: 7:55pm On Jul 13, 2023
crossbreedwears:
Look at this man oh! The service chiefs has to be promoted! Are you in the military or do you have an idea about armed forces. They are due for promotion that is why they were selected for the posg they occupy

How are the service chiefs due for promotion?

How is their selection for position of service chiefs an indication that they are due for promotion?

Am not in the military and I don't have any idea about the armed forces.

Are you in the military or do you have an idea about armed forces?
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by crossbreedwears(m): 8:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
Did i mention anything about GCFR?? I say what i know and keep mute when i have no idea. The current service chiefs have hung their Major General rank for koee than 2 years which makes them due for promotion. You can check the code and conduct or armed forces book for more info
lexy2014:

How are the service chiefs due for promotion?

How is their selection for position of service chiefs an indication that they are due for promotion?

Are you in the military or do you have an idea about armed forces?
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by lexy2014: 8:13pm On Jul 13, 2023
crossbreedwears:
Did i mention anything about GCFR?? I say what i know and keep mute when i have no idea. The current service chiefs have hung their Major General rank for koee than 2 years which makes them due for promotion. You can check the code and conduct or armed forces book for more info

Can u kindly answer the following questions?

1. How are the service chiefs due for promotion?

2. How is their selection for position of service chiefs an indication that they are due for promotion?

3. Are you in the military or do you have an idea about armed forces?

4. Can you share with me "the code and conduct or armed forces book" that u say I should check for more info?

5. Are the service chiefs the only soldiers in the military who have hitherto hung the rank of Maj. Gen. for more than 2years?
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Oakenshield: 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
They don't have a choice
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by crossbreedwears(m): 11:36pm On Jul 13, 2023
I'll only answer the last question.

The service chiefs are not the only senior Major Generals but their are criteria of appointing such people.

Firsf of all, the selection come from the teeth arms which are; Infantry, Armour, Artillery, Engineers
Military Police, Intelligence and Signal. So the president will decide where he wants to pick from.
lexy2014:

Can u kindly answer the following questions?

1. How are the service chiefs due for promotion?

2. How is their selection for position of service chiefs an indication that they are due for promotion?

3. Are you in the military or do you have an idea about armed forces?

4. Can you share with me "the code and conduct or armed forces book" that u say I should check for more info?

5. Are the service chiefs the only soldiers in the military who have hitherto hung the rank of Maj. Gen. for more than 2years?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dogara Deducts Lawmaker's Salaries - Jibrin / More Trouble For Justice Sylvester Ngwuta / Aminu Tambuwal Visits Ikpeazu In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.