Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,120 members, 7,887,244 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:47 AM

Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs (18726 Views)

Oyo Assembly Approves Nomination Of Bayo Lawal To Replace Olaniyan As Deputy Gov / Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor / Reverse Your Nomination Of MD NDDC, Delta Ijaws Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by studman: 12:59am On Jul 14, 2023
[quote author=crossbreedwears post=124406681

Promotion of service chiefs to the next rank is actually not mandatory or an entitlement. They can as well function in their ranks as two star generals. During the regime of General Sani Abacha, all the service chiefs were two star generals and they did very well. It was during General Abubakar’s regime that he got double promotion as Head of State then he decided to promote his hitherto fellow service chiefs as three star generals . A tradition which Obasanjo carried on with as well as subsequently elected presidents.
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by crossbreedwears(m): 1:20am On Jul 14, 2023
Babana, during abacha time, we had just a lieutenant general which was Diya while Abacha was a 4 star general. The service chiefs then won't be wearing the same rank with de facto.

I understand your point but the service chiefs afe to wear the rank in order to distinguish themselves from other senior officers. The rank alone commands more respect when being seen than hanging same rank with different position. We are in democracy and that is that is why the they have to be promoted. Buhari is the first President to promote a Major General to a 4 star general as Chief of defense staff. Usually, CDS is picked among the servicing chiefs, but a president has the right to pick a major general for CDS post. I know these things very well. By next week, all tye service chiefs will be decorated becauzd senate has confirmed their nomination.
studman:
[quote author=crossbreedwears post=124406681

Promotion of service chiefs to the next rank is actually not mandatory or an entitlement. They can as well function in their ranks as two star generals. During the regime of General Sani Abacha, all the service chiefs were two star generals and they did very well. It was during General Abubakar’s regime that he got double promotion as Head of State then he decided to promote his hitherto fellow service chiefs as three star generals . A tradition which Obasanjo carried on with as well as subsequently elected presidents.
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by lexy2014: 4:55am On Jul 14, 2023
crossbreedwears:
I'll only answer the last question.

The service chiefs are not the only senior Major Generals but their are criteria of appointing such people.

Firsf of all, the selection come from the teeth arms which are; Infantry, Armour, Artillery, Engineers
Military Police, Intelligence and Signal. So the president will decide where he wants to pick from.

why would you answer only the last question after making this claim and sounding as if you know everything about the military?

crossbreedwears:
Look at this man oh! The service chiefs has to be promoted! Are you in the military or do you have an idea about armed forces. They are due for promotion that is why they were selected for the posg they occupy

even the answer you provided isnt what I asked you. I didnt ask you about from which arms selection is done. so your answer is offpoint.

1. How are the service chiefs due for promotion?

2. How is their selection for position of service chiefs an indication that they are due for promotion?

Am not in the military and I don't have any idea about the armed forces.

3. Are you in the military or do you have an idea about armed forces?

4. Can you share with me "the code and conduct or armed forces book" that u say I should check for more info?

5. Are the service chiefs the only soldiers in the military who have hitherto hung the rank of Maj. Gen. for more than 2years?
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:20am On Jul 14, 2023
lexy2014:

Is GCFR a position or a person?

Is it compulsory for the service chiefs to be promoted in rank?
the promotion give them legitimate legal authority to command troops... The CDS the only four star general becomes the overall commander of the armed forces.. which includes Navy Army airforce...
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by lexy2014: 11:46am On Jul 14, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
the promotion give them legitimate legal authority to command troops... The CDS the only four star general becomes the overall commander of the armed forces.. which includes Navy Army airforce...

Who told you that "promotion give them legitimate legal authority to command troops"?

The CDS is presently a Maj. General. Are you saying that he doesn't have the "legitimate legal authority to command troops" because he is a major general?
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:51am On Jul 14, 2023
lexy2014:

Who told you that "promotion give them legitimate legal authority to command troops"?

The CDS is presently a Maj. General. Are you saying that he doesn't have the "legitimate legal authority to command troops" because he is a major general?
read what I wrote again... Gcfr is for president...
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by lexy2014: 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
read what I wrote again... Gcfr is for president...

I have read it hence my questions.

Did I ask you if GCFR is for the president or not?

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by 6ixVille: 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2023
Werey, u no even sabi comprehend sentence wey no reach 60 words, smh. I ain't mocking anyone bro..jus appreciating my FTC and u outchea hating. Smh. I pray u get sense
ObidenceNeckpre:
U Shall wan use style tell us, u have migrated to canada. since u want to mock us by that ur may FTC favor................, May canada not favor you ooooooo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mohammed Abubakar, Shettima, Badaru Abubakar Observe Hajj In Saudi Arabia / Buhari Knew Of Maina’s Governorship Campaign In Kano - Junaid Mohammed / COVID-19: Dapo Abiodun Commissions 2 Isolation Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.