Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,649 members, 7,889,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:15 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (340918 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (310) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by biosamak: 9:22am On Jul 28, 2023
Omoboyeo:
for those of you that ve submitted your application at TLs contact pls i need urgent answer?
1.are they accepting black and white photocopy ?
2. how much is their charges if they wanted to help me upload my documents there .?

1) Yes

2 )12,300

Go with your debit card as they don’t accept cash.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by BRAINNY(m): 9:39am On Jul 28, 2023
Be careful when booking flights with waiting times of longer than one hour involving self transfer. UK is no longer in the EU and if you'll be passing through the Schengen Area you will be needing a transit visa. Be careful and avoid self transfer as much as possible. You'll be passing through immigration again in a Schengen Area( Barcelona in this case), so you'd be needing a transit visa.

Tenski:
Hi guys
Attached is a photo of a flight i’m trying to book but before i do, just need a few clarification.

Pls what’s the meaning of “Self Transfer” when booking a flight?

Flight will transit in Barcelona for 2 hours. Will i need a transit Visa when booking such flight?

Thanks in Advance

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by BRAINNY(m): 9:47am On Jul 28, 2023
Hi bro, what was the reason adduced for your initial refusal?

Tboy243:
Yes o.... tough decision indeed.

After bombarding them with various mails, they've escalated my case and Sheffield escalations have also escalated it to the appropriate department making it double escalations lolcheesy. I have also mailed the immigration and welfare department of the school, I'm waiting for their response. At this point I've left everything in the Hands of God.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by moshuur(m): 9:47am On Jul 28, 2023
awesinic:

Visa fee is now approximately $485?? i guess it get high a bit!
pls is visa and nhs fee in dollars?
or pounds?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by BRAINNY(m): 9:51am On Jul 28, 2023
In dollars

moshuur:

or pounds?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by awesinic: 9:54am On Jul 28, 2023
moshuur:

or pounds?

363£ = 485$. it's equivalent. it's just a currency conversion pounds to dollar.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Dailymice: 9:57am On Jul 28, 2023
atesun:

How do you mean by bank statement expired?

Was it an old SOA
Not really, Its about two months old
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by JhaayYoung: 10:05am On Jul 28, 2023
zieraw2005:

BRP will drop this morning before 10am.

Cheers
You are right on point mate. It’s dropped

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by AlayeKondogbia: 10:10am On Jul 28, 2023
@duchess90 FYIA

AlayeKondogbia:
Hello duchess90 and the house.

Good day.

My employment letter shows my salary and benefits, Which is around 500Gbp. I get free accommodation and transportation and Its tax free. Will this suffice if I provide it as evidence of study gap? P: S been working for over 6 years and saved up.

Cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 10:40am On Jul 28, 2023
Hello

Yes it would be fine

Cheers
AlayeKondogbia:
Hello duchess90 and the house.

Good day.

My employment letter shows my salary and benefits, Which is around 500Gbp. I get free accommodation and transportation and Its tax free. Will this suffice if I provide it as evidence of study gap? P: S been working for over 6 years and saved up.

Cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 10:44am On Jul 28, 2023
Hello

Photos and messages are minor evidence

Submit your joint bank statement, evidence of bills paid together, rent agreement and any letters you both have received from the Government with same name and address

Hospital or dental records/letters can be used too

Cheers
ericadianas:
Good morning everyone,

Thanks for your help so far.

Please I just got an additional document request from UKVI to upload more proof of relationship evidence to my husband (See attached). We did our court wedding in March 2023 and here are the documents we initially uploaded.

1. Marriage Certificate
2. 3 Years Dating Photos with dates
3. Introduction Photos
4. Court Wedding Photos
5. 3 years text message screenshots

NB
- Our bank statement has the same address, we have been staying together for the past 2 years though both our names are not in the house rent agreement. Should we reattach the bank statement as proof of address?

- We have a joint account (different from what was used for POF) that was opened in June 2023, we didn't upload a reference letter because we felt the account was too new, should we go ahead and submit it now?

- We don't have any investments together.

Please any advice on how to handle this will be greatly appreciated.

CC: @duchess90

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by shawrygal(f): 11:05am On Jul 28, 2023
I just got my daughter's brp mail that did bio on the 20th of July at Ikeja.
My son's track is still at received by DMC.
He did his bio on the 21st of July.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Luada(m): 11:08am On Jul 28, 2023
Please guys do I need to pay for health care as a student I will be 17 years old when am applying for visa and regarding bank statement will 20m be enough for proof of funds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Hamof: 11:23am On Jul 28, 2023
ericadianas:
Good morning everyone,

Thanks for your help so far.

Please I just got an additional document request from UKVI to upload more proof of relationship evidence to my husband (See attached). We did our court wedding in March 2023 and here are the documents we initially uploaded.

1. Marriage Certificate
2. 3 Years Dating Photos with dates
3. Introduction Photos
4. Court Wedding Photos
5. 3 years text message screenshots

NB
- Our bank statement has the same address, we have been staying together for the past 2 years though both our names are not in the house rent agreement. Should we reattach the bank statement as proof of address?

- We have a joint account (different from what was used for POF) that was opened in June 2023, we didn't upload a reference letter because we felt the account was too new, should we go ahead and submit it now?

- We don't have any investments together.

Please any advice on how to handle this will be greatly appreciated.

CC: @duchess90

On your marriage certificate did you Guyz used same address or different address? Same address could have won the battle for you I think.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Tboy243: 11:46am On Jul 28, 2023
BRAINNY:
Hi bro, what was the reason adduced for your initial refusal?

...That they couldn't reach out to my financial Institution. But they actually never reached out until after I submitted A.R.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by milliki: 12:31pm On Jul 28, 2023
Going to City University of London this September? Please holla at me. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by AlayeKondogbia: 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

Yes it would be fine

Cheers

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Jennex(f): 12:53pm On Jul 28, 2023
Please i need a reply.
Jennex:
Good morning house. I have two questions to ask.
1. When i applied for admission I wasn't married and now I'm married with a change of address. Now I used my husband's address to apply for tb test. Hope it won't be a problem.
2. The UK address I used is university of derby but the cas is taking long and I just got another admission which I'm considering can I still use the tb certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Cartoonmakun: 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

Hello duchess90 and gurus

Please my wife MA did her Bio on 14th of July and till date no email what so ever , no nsf mail or interview email , should we be worried , it been 2 weeks and 14 working days , I know we hv to wait till 3 weeks but I see other standards advancing by now

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fablyn1010: 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2023
What is the tracking saying have you checked via TLS track application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fablyn1010: 1:55pm On Jul 28, 2023
[quote author=Cartoonmakun post=124716841][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Cartoonmakun: 2:07pm On Jul 28, 2023
fablyn1010:

Tracked it still at received by dcm since 17th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dukeofmilan19: 2:27pm On Jul 28, 2023
My people I'm back again oohhh... Greetings my esteemed gurus
Please I want to submit a reference letter for my Visa application from my former employer, how do I tailor it?
I don't know how to tailor the contents of the letter.. please can someone help me with a few tips?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Grimmm: 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2023
Good Day All,

Has anyone who used First Bank for POF received a positive outcome in the past two weeks?

I have read that the visa application could be refused because the bank didn't respond. Has anyone been able to mitigate this?

Please share how you did this successfully. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Portex: 2:51pm On Jul 28, 2023
Grimmm:
Good Day All,

Has anyone who used First Bank for POF received a positive outcome in the past two weeks?

I have read that the visa application could be refused because the bank didn't respond. Has anyone been able to mitigate this?

Please share how you did this successfully. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.
I’m using FirstBank too. FirstBank actually reply mails within 24hrs, I don’t think the issue is from them. I heard that few months ago one of FirstBank branches in Ibadan was dishing out fake POF to people which affected the whole of FirstBank’s reputation. I think anyone using POF from FirstBank should get a reference letter from them to back it up. That’s what I intend to do though I don’t know if that will help my application. If you find any better solution pls do well to post it here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Opiso101: 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2023
Good day everyone,

Please if you stay in Newcastle, Whitley bay, Sunderland or around this area. i am looking for a flat mate, lets link up please.

i am a lady.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Keemy88(m): 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2023
VISA ALERT! VISA ALERT!! VISA ALERT!!!

I have returned to thank God and the gurus in the house who willfully and cheerfully help us on this journey. It has been an emotionally draining and challenging process but it ended in praise.

I collected my passports today for a family of 4.

Below is my timeline:
1. Application to Robert Gordon University: 14th October 2022.
2. Unconditional offer letter: 4th May 2023
3. Statement of purpose rewritten with affidavit of error of my date of birth on my WAEC - 25th May 2023.
4. 1st Proof of funds bank statement matured on the 19th of June 2023 but the naira was floated two days before and made me need 9million more.
5. Started counting towards another 28th days with funds equivalent. 2nd POF Matured 17th July 2023.
6. CAS and unconditional offer email dropped on 21st July 2023.
6. Visa and IHS payment on 22nd and 23rd July 2023.
7. Biometrics + Flexi + Priority at TLS Abuja on 25th July 2023.
8. Documents transferred and received at DMC on 26th July 2023.
9. Collection email and text message today 28th July 2023.

Documents submitted:
Main Applicant (MA) - POF Funds were in MA account since we began this journey for CAS.
1. CAS
2. Int'l passport
3. HND Cert
4. Transcripts
5. Power of Attorney of Residential property - I said I owned where I stay in my application form, hence I decided to prove it.
5. Family history and current photographs - 30 pics in total.
6. Signed Part 1 consent form by MA.
7. Booking.com reservation - because I was coming with my family, I didn't want to just put only school address of where I will be staying.
8. NIN slip - The address here did not match with that of my husband or children.
9. Affidavit declaration of incorrect date of birth on my WAEC.
10. Affidavit declaration of change of name on my international passport by marriage to my husband on so so date.
11. POF bank statement - Fidelity Bank.
12. IELTS Result - I had it so kukuma make I put am let them know I sabi their English..lol
13. My polytechnic institution reference letter.
14. NYSC
15. WAEC
16. Employment reference letter.
17. TB certificate
I graduated in 2018, had my nysc done in 2019 and been working since then.

Spouse
1. Attestation of Birth letter from National population commission since birth certificate couldn't be found.
2. Call log screenshots of two month till date....truecaller and whatsapp call logs.
3. Canada visa refusal letter.
4. CAS
5. Marriage certificate - the old one by AMAC Abuja in 2018.
6. Evidence of travel history to 3 countries - stamped pages on passport.
7. Family photographs - the same uploaded by MA.
8. family consent - Part 1 signed by MA and Part 3 signed be spouse.
9. Financial evidence bank statement - fidelity bank
10. Power of attorney of residential property - same uploaded by MA.
11. IELTS result.
12. NIN Slip.
13. Confirmation of employment letter.
14. 3 months pay slips from July, June and May 2023.
15. Passport biodata page
16. TB Certificate

Child 1.
1. Part 1 consent ( wrote my sons name and on the signature part, I just wrote my son;s name there) and Part 3 - filled and signed by MA because the money is her account.
2. Birth certificate
3. Family photos.
4. Parental consent letter signed by both parents
5. POF consent letter.
6. Booking.com reservation.
7. International passport.
8. NIN slip
9. TB Certificate.

Child 2.
1. Part 1 consent ( wrote my sons name and on the signature part, I just wrote my son;s name there) and Part 3 - filled and signed by MA because the money is her account.
2. Birth certificate
3. Family photos.
5. POF consent letter.
8. NIN slip
9. TB Certificate.

* NO NSF

Lessons learned
1. AMAC registry marriage certificate was accepted and valid for proof of marriage.
2. Be honest in your declarations.
3. Ask questions when in doubt.

Thank you @ducchess and to everyone for your love.

See you all in Aberdeen, UK.

16 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dukeofmilan19: 4:18pm On Jul 28, 2023
Congratulations!!! I hope to testify soon just like you 🙏... I see you submitted an Employment reference letter, please can give me a few pointers on how yours was written? I assume you submitted it as part of your Visa Application documents..

Thanks a bunch 🙏
Keemy88:

I have returned to thank God and the gurus in the house who willfully and cheerfully help us on this journey. It has been an emotionally draining and challenging process but it ended in praise.

Below is my timeline:
3. Statement of purpose rewritten with affidavit of error of my date of birth on my WAEC - 25th May 2023.
4. 1st Proof of funds bank statement matured on the 19th of June 2023 but the naira was floated two days before and made me need 9million more.
5. Started counting towards another 28th days with funds equivalent. 2nd POF Matured 17th July 2023.

Documents submitted:
Main Applicant (MA) - POF Funds were in MA account since we began this journey for CAS.
1. CAS
2. Int'l passport
3. HND Cert
4. Transcripts
5. Power of Attorney of Residential property - I said I owned where I stay in my application form, hence I decided to prove it.
7. Booking.com reservation - because I was coming with my family, I didn't want to just put only school address of where I will be staying.
8. NIN slip - The address here did not match with that of my husband or children.
10. Affidavit declaration of change of name on my international passport by marriage to my husband on so so date.
12. IELTS Result - I had it so kukuma make I put am let them know I sabi their English..lol
14. NYSC
15. WAEC
17. TB certificate

Spouse
1. Attestation of Birth letter from National population commission since birth certificate couldn't be found.
2. Call log screenshots of two month till date....truecaller and whatsapp call logs.
4. CAS
11. IELTS result.
12. NIN Slip.
16. TB Certificate

Child 1.
2. Birth certificate
3. Family photos.
5. POF consent letter.
8. NIN slip
9. TB Certificate.

Child 2.
2. Birth certificate
3. Family photos.
5. POF consent letter.
8. NIN slip
9. TB Certificate.

* NO NSF

Lessons learned
1. AMAC registry marriage certificate was accepted and valid for proof of marriage.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gracious11111: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2023
CONGRATULATIONS

Keemy88:

Below is my timeline:

Documents submitted:
1. CAS
2. Int'l passport
3. HND Cert
4. Transcripts
14. NYSC
15. WAEC
17. TB certificate

Spouse
4. CAS
11. IELTS result.
12. NIN Slip.
16. TB Certificate

Child 1.
2. Birth certificate
3. Family photos.
5. POF consent letter.
8. NIN slip
9. TB Certificate.

Child 2.
2. Birth certificate
3. Family photos.
5. POF consent letter.
8. NIN slip
9. TB Certificate.

* NO NSF

Lessons learned

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ezegees(m): 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2023
Congratulations to you . So it means address doesn’t really mean. We used a different address in Iom which is different from our TB result address . Also marriage certificate address is not the same

Keemy88:

Below is my timeline:

Documents submitted:
1. CAS
2. Int'l passport
3. HND Cert
4. Transcripts
14. NYSC
15. WAEC
17. TB certificate

Spouse
4. CAS
11. IELTS result.
12. NIN Slip.
16. TB Certificate

Child 1.
2. Birth certificate
3. Family photos.
5. POF consent letter.
8. NIN slip
9. TB Certificate.

Child 2.
2. Birth certificate
3. Family photos.
5. POF consent letter.
8. NIN slip
9. TB Certificate.

* NO NSF

Lessons learned

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gracious11111: 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2023
Good day all, please guru's, I need

1. A template for study gap and

2. Who are we addressing the letter of reference from employer to? (To who and what address)?

Gracious11111:
CONGRATULATIONS

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (310) (Reply)

Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: Peniel13(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.