Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,314 members, 7,971,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 12:22 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (424311 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by DMainMan: 10:42am On Sep 06
Shawarmagirl:
Good evening All.

Please when is the right time to start applying for September 2025 intake? I want to start very early to enable me not being in a rush or hurry. I want to do my Masters in Education.

Also, suggest to me cheap universities in UK close to Liverpool I can apply. My spouse reside in Liverpool.

Liverpool Hope university. £13k. Might have discount if you had 2.1

https://www.hope.ac.uk/postgraduate/postgraduatecourses/educationma/

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by DMainMan: 10:54am On Sep 06
DMainMan:

@ Shawarmagirl

Liverpool Hope university. £13k. Might have discount if you had 2.1

https://www.hope.ac.uk/postgraduate/postgraduatecourses/educationma/

You can receive a 50% tuition scholarship, but you must apply, and the minimum requirement is a 2.1.

However, there is an automatic discount of £1,000 for a 2.1 and £2,000 for a First Class degree.

https://www.hope.ac.uk/international/feesandscholarships/scholarships/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Richdiamond000(m): 11:18am On Sep 06
Hey guys, I have a valid UK tourist visa obtained in 2021

Now I wanna go for my masters in the UK and I’m applying for a student visa

I hope the issuance of a student visa to me will not cancel and invalidate my existing tourist visa

I hope both visas can exist on my passport simultaneously
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:36pm On Sep 06
Richdiamond000:
Hey guys, I have a valid UK tourist visa obtained in 2021

Now I wanna go for my masters in the UK and I’m applying for a student visa

I hope the issuance of a student visa to me will not cancel and invalidate my existing tourist visa

I hope both visas can exist on my passport simultaneously
It’ll be cancelled once study is issued
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Mindlog: 4:33pm On Sep 06
Shawarmagirl:
Good evening All.

Please when is the right time to start applying for September 2025 intake? I want to start very early to enable me not being in a rush or hurry. I want to do my Masters in Education.

Also, suggest to me cheap universities in UK close to Liverpool I can apply. My spouse reside in Liverpool.

What did you study for your undergraduate degree?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by MrSoftlife(f): 6:04pm On Sep 06
Shawarmagirl:
Good evening All.

Be specific with CHEAP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Accipetex(m): 9:03pm On Sep 06
Miyatgal:
Visa alert!!!!
It can only be God.
I have been a silent reader for the past one month.
Thank y’all for the updates .
BIOMETRICS: 2nd August 2024
Transferred to DMC : 2nd August 2024
Received by DMC : 5th August 2024
Additional doc request study gap:5th August 2024
Submitted doc: 6th August 2024
Additional documents request again for souce and origin of funds: 12th August 2024
Submitted doc :14th August 2024
School sent an email that my CAS has been used:20th August 2024
Transferred and received by VAC : 22nd August 2024
Collection mail TLS: 22nd August 2024
Brp mail : 22nd August 2024 (late at night)
I pray for everyone that’s awaiting a decision,may all your visas be granted in Jesus name .

Hi Miyatgal, please my brother is in a similar situation, Can you please share how you were able to proof the source of funds ? I have sent a personal nairaland email here. Happy to connect with me?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Damalex4luv(m): 10:07pm On Sep 06
Accipetex:

Hi Miyatgal, please my brother is in a similar situation, Can you please share how you were able to proof the source of funds ? I have sent a personal nairaland email here. Happy to connect with me?
he should get a reference letter from the bank he used, signed and stamped.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Shawarmagirl: 10:54pm On Sep 06
MrSoftlife:

Be specific with CHEAP

Any affordable University that's not too far from Liverpool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Shawarmagirl: 10:56pm On Sep 06
Mindlog:

What did you study for your undergraduate degree?

First degree: Office Technology and Management

Second degree: Post graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)

I also have Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) certificate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Shawarmagirl: 11:03pm On Sep 06
DMainMan:

You can receive a 50% tuition scholarship, but you must apply, and the minimum requirement is a 2.1.

However, there is an automatic discount of £1,000 for a 2.1 and £2,000 for a First Class degree.

https://www.hope.ac.uk/international/feesandscholarships/scholarships/

Thank you very much. So when is the best time to apply for September 2025 intake?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Mindlog: 12:56am On Sep 07
Shawarmagirl:

First degree: Office Technology and Management

Second degree: Post graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)

I also have Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) certificate

Do research into the possibility of doing your Masters in Special Educational Needs and Inclusion....it would give you more job opportunities after your graduation as you can work in education or children social care.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Shawarmagirl: 1:13am On Sep 07
Mindlog:

Do research into the possibility of doing your Masters in Special Educational Needs and Inclusion....it would give you more job opportunities after your graduation as you can work in education or children social care.

Thank you so much.
Quick one, is Liverpool Hope University offers the program?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by stiles009(m): 5:53am On Sep 07
crypticTrey:
Good morning all
Pls I’m asking this on behalf of someone who has plans to study the adult nursing program in the Uk. She recently graduated Bsc Nursing and would like to have both her internship certificate and NYSC certificate before taking this step.
Please is there any implication if she does the internship and NYSC the same year? The plan is to ghost the NYSC so that she doesn’t waste time doing that again.

I doubt she can do adult nursing in the UK though. The course is for graduates from non health related background. She should do a one year top up program or other health specialization courses.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Mindlog: 7:01am On Sep 07
Shawarmagirl:

Thank you so much.
Quick one, is Liverpool Hope University offers the program?

Yes but write to them If you need clarification on that course.

I know studying that with your teaching qualifications, you can get a part time job as a SEN Teaching Assistant in a school while doing your Masters or work as a children residential support worker supporting children and young persons with learning disabilities, there are many opportunities here in the UK for Certificate of Sponsorship for Skilled Worker Visa when your skill sets revolves around offering support to children and young persons.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Jimafe31: 10:44am On Sep 07
Good day everyone, how do i respond to this mail from Home office, we are still gathering funds for my wife to apply for hers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by heykims(m): 1:07pm On Sep 07
Jimafe31:
Good day everyone, how do i respond to this mail from Home office, we are still gathering funds for my wife to apply for hers
Is this sent to the main applicant who was a student? And do u guys have kids too?
I only know they send this kinda message to dependant partners if they exclude their kids from the application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Jimafe31: 1:54pm On Sep 07
heykims:

Is this sent to the main applicant who was a student? And do u guys have kids too?
I only know they send this kinda message to dependant partners if they exclude their kids from the application?
No kids
What is the best way to respond
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by heykims(m): 4:02pm On Sep 07
Jimafe31:
No kids
What is the best way to respond
I think the dependant has to apply before Sept 30 when the student visa expires, so just respond that he/she will make her own application before the current visa expires.
And be informed that her National insurance number will be flagged wherever she's working when her visa expires, so she might lose her job. Best bet is for u to look for the money and apply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by martineverest(m): 4:38pm On Sep 07
Pls ,how much is IHS fee for 18months course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by abuhusna1: 2:47am On Sep 08
Jimafe31:
Just apply now and send the application number as there requested
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by regizoch(m): 7:18am On Sep 08
Hello good people,
Please I studied Architecture, I want to apply for MSc Social Work… is there possibility?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Mindlog: 1:18pm On Sep 08
regizoch:
Hello good people,
Please I studied Architecture, I want to apply for MSc Social Work… is there possibility?

Very low chance but never say, never.

I will suggest you look into Msc Psychology (conversion).

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by KingDeity: 3:17pm On Sep 08
Good afternoon everyone. Please I have a question. I intend to start my 28days POF tomorrow, but I’m a bit confused because my conditional letter of offer states that I am eligible for scholarship up to £4000 depending on my result, but no definite amount was stated. How do I calculate the tuition for the POF? Should I subtract the amount from the tuition or I should just provide POF as if I didn’t put the £4000 in the picture?

Please I need answers, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Vikkystar(f): 4:26pm On Sep 08
KingDeity:
Good afternoon everyone. Please I have a question. I intend to start my 28days POF tomorrow, but I’m a bit confused because my conditional letter of offer states that I am eligible for scholarship up to £4000 depending on my result, but no definite amount was stated. How do I calculate the tuition for the POF? Should I subtract the amount from the tuition or I should just provide POF as if I didn’t put the £4000 in the picture?

Please I need answers, thanks

Send a mail to the school asking if you would be given the £4000 discount and for them to include it in your offer letter. Then you can calculate your POF minus the £4000.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by KingDeity: 5:22pm On Sep 08
Vikkystar:

Send a mail to the school asking if you would be given the £4000 discount and for them to include it in your offer letter. Then you can calculate your POF minus the £4000.

Thanks for the prompt response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by stiles009(m): 7:42pm On Sep 08
regizoch:
Hello good people,

It's very possible.
Write IELTS and aim to score 7.0 in all bands.
Apply for MSc or MA social work. It's usually a 2 yrs course in most schools.
Have a work refrence of atleast 3 month in healthcare or related field. You would surely get an offer if you can fulfil the aforementioned.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by KingDeity: 8:30pm On Sep 09
stiles009:

It's very possible.
Write IELTS and aim to score 7.0 in all bands.
Apply for MSc or MA social work. It's usually a 2 yrs course in most schools.
Have a work refrence of atleast 3 month in healthcare or related field. You would surely get an offer if you can fulfil the aforementioned.

I am just curious, what does IELTS score have to do with this? Does high score in IELTS really mean anything? grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Johnhug66(m): 8:57pm On Sep 09
Please what is the fastest way to pay the deposit so as to get CAS asap? Is flywire as a platform reliable and fast?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:00pm On Sep 09
Johnhug66:
Please what is the fastest way to pay the deposit so as to get CAS asap? Is flywire as a platform reliable and fast?
Use a card.

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (356) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.