Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,578 members, 7,905,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:24 AM

Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! (15142 Views)

Who Shld Decide Food To Eat In The House. Husband Or Wife. / Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) / Woman Uses Money Saved From Cooking To Build A House, Husband Collapses (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
I really disagree with you, sir. Being a housewife is a full-time profession, thus there is nothing wrong with it. As long as hubby can support his family with the necessities and keep the house safe, there is nothing wrong with a man wanting a housewife and it isn't in anyway bringing down his self-esteem

Nobody ever claimed housewives were dullards nor nonentities; they take care of the family, help their husbands, nuture and educate their kids, which makes the house functioning, which in turn makes society functional. Yes there are ways they can make money for themselves, with handskills like tailoring, hairdressing, making stuffs, baking stuffs, online business etc, they can easily earn some cash from home while building the home.

Lastly, the wife is supposed to only be useful to the hubby first and the children, these should be her top priority after God. Lets forget about modern wokism culture.
I wonder if the above poster feels the same way about Househusbands. lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Nasri100(m): 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2023
Candidlady:
Nothing bad in it...

Stay-at-home dad

In Nigeria today most men stay at home with the excuse that they are working remotely while it is their wives that actually do the 9-4pm jobs

Men are getting extremely lazy... Anyways they have always been like that...

Eve went in search of food for that lazy man called Adam.. dude was just at home in the garden waiting to be fed by his wife...

And they still blame the poor woman for enlightening MEN.. INGRATES

Likes of Samueltemi337 and miracrood2 lazy set of individuals who would rather beg and gamble their wives money away

Ireject beings like em for my sisters out there

Yet you sat at home on your lazy black ass with mouth odor and typing all these via a smartphone or laptop created by Men.

Come closer let me give you a knock on the head. Mumu person.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by iampeterben(m): 6:09pm On Jul 19, 2023
Skyview01:

I can bet money that you know nothing about the word of God like most Nigerians. Just what you ignorant GO's and pastors feed you.
Go and allow your wife marry you. Mumu man, go and study God's word well, you will know what you said is foolish talks.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
iampeterben:

Go and allow your wife marry you. Mumu man, go and study God's word well, you will know what you said is foolish talks.

You Study God's word, curse and abuse others online. You can even steal I gues. That is the Nigerian brand of Christianity.

You see when I said you knew nothing about God's word, it wasn't meant as an insult but a statement of fact.

Let's not deviate from the topic.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Abemy(m): 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
Candidlady:
Nothing bad in it...

Stay-at-home dad

In Nigeria today most men stay at home with the excuse that they are working remotely while it is their wives that actually do the 9-4pm jobs

Men are getting extremely lazy... Anyways they have always been like that...

Eve went in search of food for that lazy man called Adam.. dude was just at home in the garden waiting to be fed by his wife...

And they still blame the poor woman for enlightening MEN.. INGRATES

Likes of Samueltemi337 and miracrood2 lazy set of individuals who would rather beg and gamble their wives money away

Ireject beings like em for my sisters out there

It was actually Adam who went out to find food for Eve, before she manifested the greed in her, when the serpent tempered her
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Boyooosa(m): 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your previous however insists that there is nothing ordinary about the training since you highlighted that it was given to female child, not male child, and the female child had to be subjected to rigorous specialized training to ready them for life as home keepers and child rearers. undecided

Depending on how you decode and the decipher the message, either you like to accept it or not, some frameworks are logically feminine and some are masculine, there is no how you can beat that.

Husband is automatically expected to check the leaking roof, most especially when the wife is pregnant
A man will prefer to render first hand check on external attack or violence prompted on his family, it is wrong for a woman to do that
By virtue of training, most ladies focus on cooking process while growing, boys play ball and table tennis....this helps the female gender to be a seemingly better cook (except in case of professional training)
Alot to mention few
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
post=124525742:

Wow

Get In Touch With On WhatsApp

I will. It is a story about two of my friends.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by icestorm(m): 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2023
Did you mean to say a house boy? Actually we have men like that but most times not willingly. The woman might have given him ewe jokoje ( A jass, that makes him to be obedient). Fear this gender, their mama and their friends. If them put hands for your mata ehn, na only God fit help you. They do this mostly to arrogant men and womanizers. If you don't believe me, ask the women in Gbagi market in Ibadan
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by bluefilm: 6:35pm On Jul 19, 2023
Skyview01:

Ok. Move along!

You don't need to say it.

I always move along when I come across any stupid post.

No time to decrease my IQ over such nonsense.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 19, 2023
bluefilm:

You don't need to say it.

I always move along when I come across any stupid post.

No time to decrease my IQ over such nonsense.

Move along.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by TrainPark: 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2023
Oizee:
I doubt any reasonable man will wish that on himself unless circumstance just put them there temporarily.

I
You get sense
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by occfx: 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2023
Skyview01:
I have seen situations where the wife is very wealthy and there are kids in the family. My question is, can you as a man, leave your job to become a full time house-husband, taking care of the kids and the home while your wife works at her very lucrative job?

I like working from home but someone has to take care of the kids. So full time HORSEBAND yes but full time house boy NO.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Ndipe(m): 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2023
Yup, plus an additional allowance from her.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2023
Boyooosa:
■ Depending on how you decode and the decipher the message, either you like to accept it or not, some frameworks are logically feminine and some are masculine, there is no how you can beat that.
■ Husband is automatically expected to check the leaking roof, most especially when the wife is pregnant
A man will prefer to render first hand check on external attack or violence prompted on his family, it is wrong for a woman to do that. By virtue of training, most ladies focus on cooking process while growing, boys play ball and table tennis....this helps the female gender to be a seemingly better cook (except in case of professional training) Alot to mention few
1. No amount of decoding or deciphering will make any of your claims of nature given you already admitted that it all has to do with nuture.. undecided

2. Changes that have taken place over the last 30 years in what you consider saner climes have revealed that all these ideas are as a result of what I like to refer to as cultural brainwashing and nothing more. The 2010 census in the U.S found that approximately 550,000 men lived as househusbands. That number has significantly increased since that time. And the same trends have been observed in many other countries including Asian nations. So, whatever you are attempting to push leave nature out of it. undecided
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2023
occfx:

I like working from home but someone has to take care of the kids. So full time HORSEBAND yes but full time house boy NO.

I agree with you. I have been working since 13yrs old and taking care of everybody all my life, if my wife suddenly becomes a millionaire, why not. I will stay at home to help my kids, have fun and chop money for a change.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by engratule(m): 6:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
Am in, what are the things attached to it?
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Jul 19, 2023
engratule:
Am in, what are the things attached to it?
The same attached to being a housewife.
GreatAchiever1:

I really disagree with you, sir. Being a housewife is a full-time profession, thus there is nothing wrong with it. As long as hubby can support his family with the necessities and keep the house safe, there is nothing wrong with a man wanting a housewife and it isn't in anyway bringing down his self-esteem

Nobody ever claimed housewives were dullards nor nonentities; they take care of the family, help their husbands, nuture and educate their kids, which makes the house functioning, which in turn makes society functional. Yes there are ways they can make money for themselves, with handskills like tailoring, hairdressing, making stuffs, baking stuffs, online business etc, they can easily earn some cash from home while building the home.

Lastly, the wife is supposed to only be useful to the hubby first and the children, these should be her top priority after God. Lets forget about modern wokism culture.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I wonder if the above poster feels the same way about Househusbands. lipsrsealed

I would be interested as well.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Big2bore(m): 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
To the writer, would you like someone else to take your role as a wife or a husband? For me I will always take my responsibility as a man the head and the CEO of my home no matter my financial capacity.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by GreatAchiever1: 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:

No I do not, there's a word for men like that and it's called effeminate.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
■ No I do not, there's a word for men like that and it's called effeminate.
Are women who choose to live as housewives also fall under this effeminate category since not all women live that way either? undecided
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Boyooosa(m): 7:24pm On Jul 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. No amount of decoding or deciphering will make any of your claims of nature given you already admitted that it all has to do with nuture.. undecided

2. Changes that have taken place over the last 30 years in what you consider saner climes have revealed that all these ideas are as a result of what I like to refer to as cultural brainwashing and nothing more. The 2010 census in the U.S found that approximately 550,000 men lived as househusbands. That number has significantly increased since that time. And the same trends have been observed in many other countries including Asian nations. So, whatever you are attempting to push leave nature out of it. undecided

If you decide to pinpoint nature as the topical issue, fine, the truth is, you can't totally eliminate that factor as I've already mentioned some instances that affirm that, breastfeeding among others can never be ridden off outrightly.
That mentioned, the so called househusbands, do they contribute to the economic progree of the household at all?
Kindly educate me on how it works pls...
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Kobojunkie: 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
Boyooosa:
■ If you decide to pinpoint nature as the topical issue, fine, the truth is, you can't totally eliminate that factor as I've already mentioned some instances that affirm that, breastfeeding among others can never be ridden off outrightly.
■ That mentioned, the so called househusbands, do they contribute to the economic progree of the household at all? Kindly educate me on how it works pls...
You eliminated every connection to nature when you pointed out that females are typically nutured from childhood in order to get them to occupy housemaid and child-rearing roles in their futures. undecided

2. Some do while some don't. Depends on the family situation and the agreement between individual couples. undecided
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by prophetfire: 7:45pm On Jul 19, 2023
Skyview01:
I have seen situations where the wife is very wealthy and there are kids in the family. My question is, can you as a man, leave your job to become a full time house-husband, taking care of the kids and the home while your wife works at her very lucrative job?
Why would you do that? No matter how wealthy your wife might be, go and work and bring something home. Nonsense reasoning.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Boyooosa(m): 7:59pm On Jul 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You eliminated every connection to nature when you pointed out that females are typically nutured from childhood in order to get them to occupy housemaid and child-rearing roles in their futures. undecided

2. Some do while some don't. Depends on the family situation and the agreement between individual couples. undecided
Ok
Thanks
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by johnlegend01: 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
What does that even mean? "Full time house husband"

Why should a man marry up? It makes no sense in case you're considering it. Such a man will regret it. A man is expected by nature and by God's pla, to provide for his family.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Jul 19, 2023
johnlegend01:
What does that even mean? "Full time house husband" Why should a man marry up? It makes no sense in case you're considering it. Such a man will regret it. A man is expected by nature and by God's pla, to provide for his family.
Your claim has absolutely nothing to do with God or nature as its every root can be traced back to your cultures and nothing beyond that. What a woman can do(outside of nature) a man can also do. undecided
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Oova(m): 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
Wow ... So husband dey wash wife cloth grin
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by vickydevoka(m): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2023
Skyview01:
Them plenty for my side, buh your wife most like you pass , you must respect her, protect her, she must respect you ( some times) , most importantly you must sabi fu*k wella. I no men that lost their job 20 yes ago and their wife are very very rich and the live peacefully.
If you no get money, no ever carry shoulder for woman, make sure u sabi cook join. Those men plenty for Abuja
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by vickydevoka(m): 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
CondemnBattery:
Stupid question from a lazy youth.
A man is a provider.
If a man can't provide for his family, he's worse than an infidel.

No food for a lazy man
Lol.
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by vickydevoka(m): 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2023
teejaymmm:
Depends on situation, most men do it abroad. When you find yourself in a situation where you can't afford a nanny and your wife's job is the most lucrative
Currently, most men don't do that. Initially people work abroad save up some money, go to Nigeria marry and bring her over . The put her through nursing school. When she start working, the husband start taking care of kids. It worked for few men, buh most regretted. Some end up killing their wife. My gf is nurse . As soon as I got here I broke up with her. I can't marry a nurse even for free. I can't imagine myself divorcing..
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Bfly: 9:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
If she is capable of providing for for my needs while i still making petty money for myself. Shebi na to keep the home and attend to it. It is welcome. Make she go first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When Did You Stop Bed Wetting? / What Can You Do With 5k Within 28days? / Loyalty In Modern Day Marriage

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.