Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,610 members, 7,941,341 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 01:46 AM

NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives (30914 Views)

NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives / NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives / Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by philipobiz: 11:12am On Jul 20, 2023
Praxis758:
When will Dangote’s refined crude hit the market?

Should we say the commissioning of his refinery was in rush for the Buhari’s administration to take the glory?
Refinary that is not up to 50% completed. When I heard Buhari was going to commission it, I was shocked to my bones. What a disgrace. It will be ready in two years time
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by teepain: 11:15am On Jul 20, 2023
dominique:
You think the marketers won't sell at the same pump price as NNPC? Dey play!

The marketers do not need to sell at the same pump price that NNPC sells. In a strictly competitive environment it is NNPC that would die a natural death if it doesn't improve it's competitiveness. Like I predicted the "death" of NITEL some years back I foresee the NNPC dying naturally if the organisation doesn't re-invent itself.
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by Themandator: 11:52am On Jul 20, 2023
nairalanda1:
So, it is time to see whether people who have taken up refinery licences would now commence work.

Also, Dangote seems to be maintaining radio silence.

Still, even with domestic refining, fuel ain't going to be cheap. Workers must be paid salaries that won't let them jakpa, and the refineries must be maintained, and government does not give any private firms money.

For your, the figure quoted cannot be... 27million litres of pms is not profitable for any bank..... That is like 20,000 metric ton

As for price , local refining must drive down the price because freight charges including insurance would be eliminated
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 20, 2023
Olujimi? That name doesn't sound ibbo. B-b-b-but I thought only ibbos do business in Nigeria?
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by Themandator: 11:56am On Jul 20, 2023
teepain:

The marketers do not need to sell at the same pump price that NNPC sells. In a strictly competitive environment it is NNPC that would die a natural death if it doesn't improve it's competitiveness. Like I predicted the "death" of NITEL some years back I foresee the NNPC dying naturally if the organisation doesn't re-invent itself.

Nnpc is not dying anytime soon . It is a behemoth that controls the narrative... Nigel wasn't working before gsm came and finished it off

Nnpc is in the game as a father.... Anywhere the others can go to get the pms , nnpc will not just go but also get right of refusal... With depots to be reactivated all over the geopolitical zones who can dare nnpc?
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by Ayodeoba: 12:01pm On Jul 20, 2023
Dsimmer:

I like this ideas. Those oil block owners should be removed too, if they don't have fuel stations.

Lastly, get the refineries working/privatise them.
this country is in total mess and needs to be sanitized, if not it would be difficult for any govt to deliver even if they have good intentions
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by Dsimmer: 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2023
Ayodeoba:
this country is in total mess and needs to be sanitized, if not it would be difficult for any govt to deliver even if they have good intentions

Federalist system is the key. A little step should be taken towards it at least. All developed countries have federalism system.
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by ajutant(m): 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
A competition of importing refined petroleum products by marketers is a bad competition we don't want. We want competition of refineries, refining petroleum products in Nigeria. This the competition we want. Market forces that invariably depends on dollar exchange rate, is a bad market force for Nigerians. I wish we have responsible government 😕
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by Omoawoke: 1:05pm On Jul 20, 2023
WHY IS NIGERIA IMPORTING FUEL!!!!!

This is madness! Export crude oil to earn foreign exchange and import the refined products to lose foreign exchange. Are we mad in this country ??
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by Omoawoke: 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2023
FreedomArmy:
why can't government owned refineries work. Is it rocket science to make it work?

That’s the corruption we have been talking about.

When will Nigeria end fuel importation ??
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by mdshell(m): 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2023
Keep deceiving yourself!!

HacheNoire:
The dividends of subsidy removal is guaranteed. It’s just a matter time, and competition will set-in and market prices will start dropping.

It’s was envisaged that present hike in prices will come to play, and will have a duration.

His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) has that road map, and all well meaningful and educated Nigerians, believe his roadmap.

The future is now, and Asiwaju is piloting affairs.
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by tabaralph: 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2023
Praxis758:

Should we say the commissioning of his refinery was in rush for the Buhari’s administration to take the glory?

That was exactly what happened… audio commission
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by sylve11: 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2023
nairalanda1:
So, it is time to see whether people who have taken up refinery licences would now commence work.

Still, even with domestic refining, fuel ain't going to be cheap. Workers must be paid salaries that won't let them jakpa, and the refineries must be maintained, and government does not give any private firms money.

grin grin cool
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by Matrixoba: 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2023
When I stated some months ago that the solution to the problem is to revamp our local refineries, a clown was justifying that rise in pump price, even saying that petroleum prices will be higher even with the local refineries working.

I silent applauded his foolishness without replying his comment. I wish he can quote me again and genuinely apologize for his foolishness.

The big question remains:
Why can't the local refineries work?

Bobloco:

https://punchng.com/nnpcl-monopoly-ends-as-marketers-fuel-vessel-arrives/?amp
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by YourGFsnatcher: 2:18pm On Jul 20, 2023
HacheNoire:
The dividends of subsidy removal is guaranteed. It’s just a matter time, and competition will set-in and market prices will start dropping.

It’s was envisaged that present hike in prices will come to play, and will have a duration.

His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) has that road map, and all well meaningful and educated Nigerians, believe his roadmap.

The future is now, and Asiwaju is piloting affairs.
It amazes me how some Nigerians still think "competition " in Nigeria reduces price of commodity. How much do you buy rice? Is it only one person that's producing rice in the country? Marketers that have Association in order to maximise profit and some think "competition " will make them reduce price. Are you a Nigerian at all?
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by YourGFsnatcher: 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2023
kay10:
Pls i dont understand,How will price of petrol goes down when dollar is rising everyday,is it not the same forex they will use to purchase petroleum products.I think it time for us to face the reality
The solution now is to start granting emergency licences to new investors willing to build refinery in Nigeria since the ones we have are not ready to work despite huge amount being spent on them
The government should allowed foreign investors to take over our 4 local refinerys with the petrochemical refinery since it can't be revived by Pdp and Apc government
The government should not depend on dangote refinery to be a major player on the this sector as another monopoly might set in.
What we should be thinking now is healthy competitors among our refinerys
My brother. Even if there are 100 private refineries in Nigeria the price of petrol will not Come down. Capitalism is about maximising profit. All business men understand this, that's why they form associations to maximise profit in anyway possible. As long as the government allows it, they will keep pushing thier profit margins and it doesn't matter how many they are. That's why even with abundant rice farmers we have, rice is still expensive. We have many cement factories in Nigerian but cement is still expensive, the competition did not play any part in making cement cheap, because they are all Capitalist and they all know it. The only thing we can pray for now having the purchasing power, because they cannot make It cheap, we can only match their price in which case, we can now say " it's not cheap, but it's affordable"
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by sniperr007(m): 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2023
nairalanda1:

My question is how much will the government be selling crude to the local refineries in the country especially Dangote. Will it be paid in dollar or naira?
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by nairalanda1(m): 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2023
sniperr007:

My question is how much will the government be selling crude to the local refineries in the country especially Dangote. Will it be paid in dollar or naira?

Most likely close to international prices.
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by Dshocker(m): 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2023
Praxis758:

Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by teepain: 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
Themandator:

Nnpc is not dying anytime soon . It is a behemoth that controls the narrative... Nigel wasn't working before gsm came and finished it off

Nnpc is in the game as a father.... Anywhere the others can go to get the pms , nnpc will not just go but also get right of refusal... With depots to be reactivated all over the geopolitical zones who can dare nnpc?

Well, we will get to see about the "NNPC not dying" stuff. Same thing Nigerian Airways thought, same thing NEPA thought and same thing NITEL thought. It is a rule, all inefficient entities must go into extinction sooner or later. It is the same reason why some animals that used to be in charge of the earth went into extinction. NNPC must shape up or ship out!

1 Like

Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by Praxis758: 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2023
Gkay1:

Yes, presently I'm in dangote refinary, working as structural fitter, the truth is """ DANGOTE REFINARY WILL TAKE ANOTHER ONE YEAR BEFORE PRODUCTIONS.
95 percent of the tanks are ready, but the major productions centers are not ready, cdu, ccr, b2, nht, mhc, msd, flare, sru, ppu etc.

Thanks for this details.

Kindly breakdown those technical terms into simpler details that we laymen can understand.
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by sniperr007(m): 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2023
nairalanda1:

Most likely close to international prices.

Ie cost of fuel will be high
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by Poleski: 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2023
nairalanda1:

Well, business people need to make money to pay their workers a competitive salary, that won't make them japa to other companies or abroad, and to pay for all the equipment they use, their maintenance, and any necessary upgrades.

Government does not pay them anything...

Or would you sell at a loss to help the poor?

Are you saying price of fuel should still be expensive even if we refine our oil?
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by nairalanda1(m): 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2023
Poleski:

Are you saying price of fuel should still be expensive even if we refine our oil?

How would the owners of the refineries pay for maintenance costs, plus the kind of salaries that would prevent workers from leaving for foriegn oil companies (they do, well well).?

Things cost money. NNPCL is now a private company too.
Re: NNPCL Monopoly Ends As Marketer’s Fuel Vessel Arrives by Poleski: 10:27am On Jul 24, 2023
nairalanda1:

How would the owners of the refineries pay for maintenance costs, plus the kind of salaries that would prevent workers from leaving for foriegn oil companies (they do, well well).?

Things cost money. NNPCL is now a private company too.

Refining crude oil in Nigeria can have several significant benefits for the country. I believe the main reason why the masses want Nigeria to refine its oil is to reduce the cost of fuel. I don't understand why the price should be the same as we currently do: sell the crude, buy refined stuff, and ship them back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG / AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others / Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.