Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,034 members, 7,949,520 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:09 PM

Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament (493 Views)

The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) / Fuel Hike: It Will Be An Indefinite Nationwide Strike Without Notice - Ajaero / Udensi: Governor Ikpeazu's Vacation In Turkey Display Of Insensitivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by Bobloco: 5:42am On Jul 21, 2023
Workers in Ondo State have described as wicked and the height of insensitivity the recent hike in the pump price of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), known as petrol, to N617 per litre.

The workers under the aegis of organised labour, comprising the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Trade Union Congress, TUC, and Joint Negotiating Committee, JNC, fumed after an emergency meeting in Akure, the state capital, that Nigerians were grappling with the impacts of the removal of subsidies while the pump price was hiked again by 25 percent.

They demanded that the state government urgently roll out palliatives for the people and also pay all outstanding salaries and allowances to workers.

In a communiqué issued at the end of the meeting, the workers said, “The organised Labour in Ondo State, comprising NLC, TUC, and JNC rose from an emergency meeting held on July 19, 2023, seriously perturbed by the insensitive increase in the pump price of petroleum products in the country weeks after a similar exercise without any attendant palliative measures for the already pauperized workers and masses of our country.

“We consequently join well-meaning Nigerians in condemning in strong terms this wicked action of government, as it is beyond the reach of the majority of our people.”

https://dailypost.ng/2023/07/20/fuel-hike-its-cruel-height-of-insensitivity-ondo-workers-lament/
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by FairlyUSEDpussy: 5:47am On Jul 21, 2023
I told y'all no messiah in Nigeria........

Dis same crisis wud erupted too........if Peter obi or Atiku was in charge........

The 3major contestants promised to remove fuel subsidy.........so no miracle wud have happened..........

All Nigeria politicians r knuckle head bimbos.......
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by siofragspot: 5:48am On Jul 21, 2023
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by Fortune2121: 5:50am On Jul 21, 2023
Ok
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by Kaiser20: 5:51am On Jul 21, 2023
At least Ondo people are different from those other Tinubu supporters from SW who moved to Abuja to support Emilokan's madness
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by a4cube: 5:51am On Jul 21, 2023
Bobloco:

Workers in Ondo State have described as wicked and the height of insensitivity the recent hike in the pump price of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), known as petrol, to N617 per litre.

The workers under the aegis of organised labour, comprising the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Trade Union Congress, TUC, and Joint Negotiating Committee, JNC, fumed after an emergency meeting in Akure, the state capital, that Nigerians were grappling with the impacts of the removal of subsidies while the pump price was hiked again by 25 percent.

They demanded that the state government urgently roll out palliatives for the people and also pay all outstanding salaries and allowances to workers.

In a communiqué issued at the end of the meeting, the workers said, “The organised Labour in Ondo State, comprising NLC, TUC, and JNC rose from an emergency meeting held on July 19, 2023, seriously perturbed by the insensitive increase in the pump price of petroleum products in the country weeks after a similar exercise without any attendant palliative measures for the already pauperized workers and masses of our country.

“We consequently join well-meaning Nigerians in condemning in strong terms this wicked action of government, as it is beyond the reach of the majority of our people.”

https://dailypost.ng/2023/07/20/fuel-hike-its-cruel-height-of-insensitivity-ondo-workers-lament/
Ipob workers. The should go back to their village state. 😁😄😃😀

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by wittywriter: 5:52am On Jul 21, 2023
Lolz

Wittyness
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by a4cube: 5:53am On Jul 21, 2023
This dailypost, a northern news media is on Tinubu bad news for sometime now. What is going on?
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by nairalanda1(m): 6:02am On Jul 21, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Dis same crisis wud erupted too........if Peter obi or Atiku was in charge........

The 3major contestants promised to remove fuel subsidy.........so no miracle wud have happened..........

On the other hand, let's assume they kept the subsidy.

See how prices keep rising without subsidy...they would rise with the subsidy..only this time, government would be paying for the increases, not the people.

It may look like it is nice, but the problem is, the more government spends to protect us from the price rises, the more they take money from the other parts of the budget, and the more they create something called a deficit.

At the end, the government would face two options, either they raise prices to reduce subsidy costs, or keep spending and spending more of our budget on subsidy.

At the end, should they keep the subsidy, the amount would eat our budget, our borrowed money, and money we don't have

And when that happens, mother IMF is going to deal with us...hard.

And if you think we suffering now, the suffering that would result would be ten times worse.

(No, I don't support any of our politicans either....).

Would you sell at a loss to help the poor?
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by FairlyUSEDpussy: 6:10am On Jul 21, 2023
nairalanda1:

On the other hand, let's assume they kept the subsidy.

See how prices keep rising without subsidy...they would rise with the subsidy..only this time, government would be paying for the increases, not the people.

It may look like it is nice, but the problem is, the more government spends to protect us from the price rises, the more they take money from the other parts of the budget, and the more they create something called a deficit.

At the end, the government would face two options, either they raise prices to reduce subsidy costs, or keep spending and spending more of our budget on subsidy.

At the end, should they keep the subsidy, the amount would eat our budget, our borrowed money, and money we don't have

And when that happens, mother IMF is going to deal with us...hard.

And if you think we suffering now, the suffering that would result would be ten times worse.

(No, I don't support any of our politicans either....).

Would you sell at a loss to help the poor?

Well........even with the savings from the subsidy money.......... didn't government still borrowed 500billion naira for palliative..........

Where is the subsidy money now??embezzled??

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by nairalanda1(m): 6:18am On Jul 21, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Well........even with the savings from the subsidy money.......... didn't government still borrowed 500billion naira for palliative..........

Where is the subsidy money now??embezzled??

Yeah, here is another discussion to be had

We are in severe fiscal trobule. Oil prices are not as high as they should be for a nation our size, we don't earn enough revenue from taxes (tax to gdp is very low, lower than even Ghana which is currently at IMF HQ waiting for a big bailout), and we even have a large debt to pay and the money we use to pay has to be replaced

So, we still are going to borrow.

There is a reason why I don't like Obi, Atiku or Tinubu. It is not because I am some irrational joker...it is because none of them, and by extension none of our past leaders, has ever had a plan to diversify our economy or even take us to being an exporter of manufactured goods so that we can at the end earn more money, and be rich and strong enough to even afford subsides again.

Also, we use oil money for everything. That works if your population is low enough to sustain it, or if you are producing as much as Saudi does, or both. Nigeria has a large population and a small oil revenue by comparison. And that oil money is not enough.

I mean 1.6m barrels of oil is 0.4 m more than Libya. Libya also has 7 million people. Qaitar produces 1.9m barrels..and has 1.3 million people. We got 220 million people.

And all that is before the looting and the stealing that happens, which makes matters worse and terrible.

At the end, unless we are ready to make some serious changes...yes unless Tinubu is ready to make some changes...because, apart from subsidy removal, I still see the same old 'we would spent more on goodies' government of times past....we are going to borrow and borrow and borrow.

Even this 1.9 trillion is not enough for a country our size.We need ten times that, then we can talk.
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by FairlyUSEDpussy: 6:36am On Jul 21, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yeah, here is another discussion to be had

We are in severe fiscal trobule. Oil prices are not as high as they should be for a nation our size, we don't earn enough revenue from taxes (tax to gdp is very low, lower than even Ghana which is currently at IMF HQ waiting for a big bailout), and we even have a large debt to pay and the money we use to pay has to be replaced

So, we still are going to borrow.

There is a reason why I don't like Obi, Atiku or Tinubu. It is not because I am some irrational joker...it is because none of them, and by extension none of our past leaders, has ever had a plan to diversify our economy or even take us to being an exporter of manufactured goods so that we can at the end earn more money, and be rich and strong enough to even afford subsides again.

Also, we use oil money for everything. That works if your population is low enough to sustain it, or if you are producing as much as Saudi does, or both. Nigeria has a large population and a small oil revenue by comparison. And that oil money is not enough.

I mean 1.6m barrels of oil is 0.4 m more than Libya. Libya also has 7 million people. Qaitar produces 1.9m barrels..and has 1.3 million people. We got 220 million people.

And all that is before the looting and the stealing that happens, which makes matters worse and terrible.

At the end, unless we are ready to make some serious changes...yes unless Tinubu is ready to make some changes...because, apart from subsidy removal, I still see the same old 'we would spent more on goodies' government of times past....we are going to borrow and borrow and borrow.

Even this 1.9 trillion is not enough for a country our size.We need ten times that, then we can talk.

Now u beginning to sound funny with this.........
Borrowing money to pay debt??

what difference does that make??

Sims to me like borrowing money from lapo to palm pay??is that what r our government have to do??does that sound logical to u??

True is no Nigerian can proffer solution to our problems..........

So no stupid politicians sud form messiah.......

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by Macphenson: 6:40am On Jul 21, 2023
okoo
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:41am On Jul 21, 2023
Someone please remind me the result of ONDO presidential election in the last election please.

We told these mo.rons that the major complain will come from that region who have been making mouth as economic hub of Nigeria. This is even as they don't sit at home like Igbos. What if they sit at home?

I know very well that Hausas and Igbos will be fine a bit. Hausas are largely farmers. Igbos are business men. People who are civil servants will suffer. Meanwhile where is the ONI of IFE and his chiefs of endorsement. Hahaha.

Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by nairalanda1(m): 6:47am On Jul 21, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Sims to me like borrowing money from lapo to palm pay??is that what r our government have to do??does that sound logical to u??

Yeah, like I think I told you why I don't back any of our politicans in my comment, so stop thinking I am defending them

But yes, we are borrowing even to pay our debt somewhat...or rather we use our reveneu to pay debt and replace with loans..kind of the same thing.

(That's why we have to start doing things differently...but )
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by Brendaniel: 6:48am On Jul 21, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Oga speak for your Tinubu only, that your mechanic cannot fix a car does mean another mechanic won't be able to do so, no matter how badly damaged the engine is.

So speak for your Tinubu only, don't lump others with Tinubu's failure....

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by Brendaniel: 6:56am On Jul 21, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yeah, like I think I told you why I don't back any of our politicans in my comment, so stop thinking I am defending them

But yes, we are borrowing even to pay our debt somewhat...or rather we use our reveneu to pay debt and replace with loans..kind of the same thing.

(That's why we have to start doing things differently...but )

So you can see how your subsidy removal economics is a total failure already in less than 2 months into it, I told you earlier on, you kept on arguing with me.

Tinubu removed susbsidy on his first day of inauguration, and do you know that in less than 2 months after his inauguration he has borrowed a total of over 1 billion dollars without payment of subsidy or palliatives to the citizens and he is still planning to borrow more.

I told you earlier that subsidy wasn't the major problem but corruption, cash subsidy existed because of corruption, tackle the cause of subsidy which is corruption and watch cash subsidy go by itself, I told you that time and I'm still telling you again.
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by nairalanda1(m): 7:43am On Jul 21, 2023
Brendaniel:

So you can see how your subsidy removal economics is a total failure already in less than 2 months into it, I told you earlier on, you kept on arguing with me.

Tinubu removed susbsidy on his first day of inauguration, and do you know that in less than 2 months after his inauguration he has borrowed a total of over 1 billion dollars without payment of subsidy or palliatives to the citizens and he is still planning to borrow more.

I told you earlier that subsidy wasn't the major problem but corruption, cash subsidy existed because of corruption, tackle the cause of subsidy which is corruption and watch cash subsidy go by itself, I told you that time and I'm still telling you again.

Some mistakes you are making in your response

1.You think I am defending the government...nope.

2.You think I am promoting subsidy removal as a solution for all our economic problems...nope. Subsidy removal only solves one of our issues...

The main issue is, our economy is not diversified, and not an exporter of manufactured goods and services

Do I think Tinubu is doing anything about that? No

Take your complaints to APC geng.
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by Brendaniel: 7:51am On Jul 21, 2023
nairalanda1:

Some mistakes you are making in your response

1.You think I am defending the government...nope.

2.You think I am promoting subsidy removal as a solution for all our economic problems...nope. Subsidy removal only solves one of our issues...

The main issue is, our economy is not diversified, and not an exporter of manufactured goods and services

Do I think Tinubu is doing anything about that? No

Take your complaints to APC geng.

So since you know all these, why carry subsidy removal like gala on your head like if subsidy goes then all the problem of Nigeria has been solved, why not focus all that energy on diversification?

It simply means that you are like a striker who focuses only passing balls to your team mates and not scoring goals as a striker's number 1 prority, if scoring goals is the main target why leave it and focus only on passing balls...

Then you have misplaced your priority already....
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by nairalanda1(m): 7:59am On Jul 21, 2023
Brendaniel:

So since you know all these, why carry subsidy removal like gala on your head like if subsidy goes then all the problem of Nigeria has been solved, why not focus all that energy on diversification?

It simply means that you are like a striker who focuses only passing balls to your team mates and not scoring goals as a striker's number 1 prority, if scoring goals is the main target why leave it and focus only on passing balls...

Then you have misplaced your priority already....

Subsidy removal is an interesting topic...that's why. It is also the main topic of discussion both before and even ESPECIALLY now that petrol is going up.

It's one of several things that has been interesting me since 2011, when I first realized why we Nigeria are poor, and it is part of my wider view on Nigeria's and African economy.

But for me, we need to improve our economy by raising the tax to gdp ratio, providing incentives for small scale manufacutriers, and diversifying our economy

And by the way, I have a right to focus on what I want to focus on.

If you think I am some government agent, or evil worker for the oil industry, lol.

At the end of the day, it is very simple. A business needs a proft to work well. And that's why we have 100 MILLION phone lines up from 400000 lines...it was because the GSM companies were not forced to charge 50 kobo for ten minutes, and 10 kobo for one gig of data, and the rest is paid as 'subsidy' by government.

And yes, I think all our politicans are the same., either way...
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by Brendaniel: 8:22am On Jul 21, 2023
nairalanda1:

Subsidy removal is an interesting topic...that's why. It is also the main topic of discussion both before and even ESPECIALLY now that petrol is going up.

It's one of several things that has been interesting me since 2011, when I first realized why we Nigeria are poor, and it is part of my wider view on Nigeria's and African economy.

But for me, we need to improve our economy by raising the tax to gdp ratio, providing incentives for small scale manufacutriers, and diversifying our economy

And by the way, I have a right to focus on what I want to focus on.

If you think I am some government agent, or evil worker for the oil industry, lol.

At the end of the day, it is very simple. A business needs a proft to work well. And that's why we have 100 MILLION phone lines up from 400000 lines...it was because the GSM companies were not forced to charge 50 kobo for ten minutes, and 10 kobo for one gig of data, and the rest is paid as 'subsidy' by government.

And yes, I think all our politicans are the same., either way...

So because subsidy is an interesting topic, you decided to focus on it, you are like a striker who says dribbling is an interesting part of football then focuses on it and leaves scoring of goals which should be his main focus, I am old you earlier, you focus on misplaced priorities...

You talk about tax as if Nigerians are not paying enough and you always compare developed countries with that if Nigeria, but you forget that Nigerian government has failed seriously in their duties to Nigerians to show what their tax does for them, is is in security, health, roads, water, emergency services and so on, coupled with the heavy lootings we s hear from all the revenue agencies, so you want an irresponsible government to keep taxing the people to do what they have been doing with the previous monies...

Taxing is a 2 way thing, if you tax the people and the money is properly channeled it helps the people in return to prosper more and the taxing will not be a proble, is that the same thing situation in Nigeria?

And yes you have a right to discuss whatever you want to discuss, but you don't have a right to mislead others....

About the GSM analysis you gave, it is a different scenario, fuel as at now is still a more essential commodity than GSM, a farmer in the farm might not have a GSM but will need fuel to transport his goods to the market, same with a pupil going to school, so oga your analysis is flawed, subsidy is not a bad thing in itself, the problem is when it is not done rightly, even America and Canada still subsidize essentials for their citizens, if you want the list of things I can get it for you, the problem here is corruption which you never talk about and that is where I see you are really misplacing your priority...

And lastly, sincerely speaking I don't see you as a government agent whatsoever, I just see you as a .......... economic analyst( I spaced the word there cause I don't want to sound insultive to you), pick what ever word you have in your mind....
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by nairalanda1(m): 8:33am On Jul 21, 2023
Brendaniel:

So because subsidy is an interesting topic, you decided to focus on it, you are like a striker who says dribbling is an interesting part of football then focuses on it and leaves scoring of goals which should be his main focus, I am old you earlier, you focus on misplaced priorities...

You talk about tax as if Nigerians are not paying enough and you always compare developed countries with that if Nigeria, but you forget that Nigerian government has failed seriously in their duties to Nigerians to show what their tax does for them, is is in security, health, roads, water, emergency services and so on, coupled with the heavy lootings we s hear from all the revenue agencies, so you want an irresponsible government to keep taxing the people to do what they have been doing with the previous monies...

Taxing is a 2 way thing, if you tax the people and the money is properly channeled it helps the people in return to prosper more and the taxing will not be a proble, is that the same thing situation in Nigeria?

And yes you have a right to discuss whatever you want to discuss, but you don't have a right to mislead others....

About the GSM analysis you gave, it is a different scenario, fuel as at now is still a more essential commodity than GSM, a farmer in the farm might not have a GSM but will need fuel to transport his goods to the market, same with a pupil going to school, so oga your analysis is flawed, subsidy is not a bad thing in itself, the problem is when it is not done rightly, even America and Canada still subsidize essentials for their citizens, if you want the list of things I can get it for you, the problem here is corruption which you never talk about and that is where I see you are really misplacing your priority...

And lastly, sincerely speaking I don't see you as a government agent whatsoever, I just see you as a .......... economic analyst( I spaced the word there cause I don't want to sound insultive to you), pick what ever word you have in your mind....

This my focus on subsidy is leaving you so pained.

Better not take things too serious here

Good morning cheesy
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by Brendaniel: 8:57am On Jul 21, 2023
nairalanda1:

This my focus on subsidy is leaving you so pained.

Better not take things too serious here

Good morning cheesy

That's because you are destroying people's lives with falsehood and misplaced priority, I should be concerned....
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by nairalanda1(m): 8:59am On Jul 21, 2023
Brendaniel:

That's because you are destroying people's lives with falsehood and misplaced priority, I should be concerned....

Lol,so I am that powerful that my words can destroy lives in a minute!

grin

There is a reason, but you don't want to hear it, so I won't tell you

Better stop taking nairaland serious. When you do you will start believing weird things.
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by Brendaniel: 9:30am On Jul 21, 2023
nairalanda1:

Lol,so I am that powerful that my words can destroy lives in a minute!

grin

There is a reason, but you don't want to hear it, so I won't tell you

Better stop taking nairaland serious. When you do you will start believing weird things.

I think you exalt yourself way too much, I'm very sorry to say but you lack comprehension, and I will explain.

When I say you are destroying people's lives with your falsehood, it is not about you directly doing it, but for the fact that you are part of those supporting an agenda like subsidy that is destroying businesses, homes and probably lives then you are part of the problem, it is like wicked politicians in power, without supporters of their evil deeds, they would not be in power.

The more you push your falsehood, the more they see reasons to do the wrong thing.

So don't rate yourself too high, I see you as just one of the numerous ill informed and sorry to use the word(stupid) political people in a democratic system.

Something I've learnt in recent times about the problem of Nigerian politics and democratic system in choosing leaders and making decisions is 3 major problems that makes the current democratic style flawed in Nigeria:

1. Tribally stupid people in large number

2. Religiously stupid people in large number

3. Politically stupid people in large number

4. Economically stupid people in large number

When you combine these 4 sets of people, the result is the situation Nigeria found itself in.

And somehow you happened to fall in the last group, but I thank God a lot more people are beginning to open their eyes to see through the falsehood that's why they are speaking out.

So when they say democracy is majority carries the vote, you can get a large number of stupid majority to carry the vote using any of those tools above and in the end disaster upon disaster.

You argued with me earlier on that once subsidy is gone, borrowing will stop, but as we are talking TInubu has borrowed almost 2 billion dollars in less than 2 months, I told you that time that it would not solve the problem of borrowing but you kept on arguing.

You can see the result already and I can tell you there might still be more borrowings, If you do tackle the root cause of a problem there might always be reoccurrence and the root cause of subsidy is corruption.
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by nairalanda1(m): 9:35am On Jul 21, 2023
Brendaniel:

I think you exalt yourself way too much, I'm very sorry to say but you lack comprehension, and I will explain.

When I say you are destroying people's lives with your falsehood, it is not about you directly doing it, but for the fact that you are part of those supporting an agenda like subsidy that is destroying businesses, homes and probably lives then you are part of the problem, it is like wicked politicians in power, without supporters of their evil deeds, they would not be in power.

The more you push your falsehood, the more they see reasons to do the wrong thing.

So don't rate yourself too high, I see you as just one of the numerous ill informed and sorry to use the word(stupid) political people in a democratic system.

Something I've learnt in recent times about the problem of Nigerian politics and democratic system in choosing leaders and making decisions is 3 major problems that makes the current democratic style flawed in Nigeria:

1. Tribally stupid people in large number

2. Religiously stupid people in large number

3. Politically stupid people in large number

4. Economically stupid people in large number

When you combine these 4 sets of people, the result is the situation Nigeria found itself in.

And somehow you happened to fall in the last group, but I thank God a lot more people are beginning to open their eyes to see through the falsehood that's why they are speaking out.

So when they say democracy is majority carries the vote, you can get a large number of stupid majority to carry the vote using any of those tools above and in the end disaster upon disaster.

You argued with me earlier on that once subsidy is gone, borrowing will stop, but as we are talking TInubu has borrowed almost 2 billion dollars in less than 2 months, I told you that time that it would not solve the problem of borrowing but you kept on arguing.

You can see the result already and I can tell you there might still be more borrowings, If you do tackle the root cause of a problem there might always be reoccurrence and the root cause of subsidy is corruption.

You are the one who said my words are causing people to suffer.

It wasn't me

At the end, corruption is a symptom of the subsidy. The problem with subsidy is the cost of production. As long as the cost of production rises, so does subsidy costs and as long as subsidy costs rise so also does the money needed to pay for it

Which comes from the budget and which leaves a hole in the budget called a deficit

And when the deficit eats the budget totally, guess who suffers more? The poor.

GEJ took the crazy decision to remove subsidy because subsidy costs for 2011 were over twice that for 2010. Had he continued with 65 naira by 2015 he would have been pouring all our revenue plus borrowed money to pay for subsidy.

But of course you don't have to agree with me. I am after all powerful enough to make millions suffer. Your words,not mine
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by OfficialAPCNig: 9:42am On Jul 21, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Before you rant like a lunatic, this is how PO plans to handle subsidy

Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by Brendaniel: 9:45am On Jul 21, 2023
nairalanda1:

You are the one who said my words are causing people to suffer.

It wasn't me

At the end, corruption is a symptom of the subsidy. The problem with subsidy is the cost of production. As long as the cost of production rises, so does subsidy costs and as long as subsidy costs rise so also does the money needed to pay for it

Which comes from the budget and which leaves a hole in the budget called a deficit

And when the deficit eats the budget totally, guess who suffers more? The poor.

GEJ took the crazy decision to remove subsidy because subsidy costs for 2011 were over twice that for 2010. Had he continued with 65 naira by 2015 he would have been pouring all our revenue plus borrowed money to pay for subsidy.

But of course you don't have to agree with me. I am after all powerful enough to make millions suffer. Your words,not mine

Oga please highlight where I said your words are making people suffer, like I said earlier you lack comprehension, I still even explained to you, your support for subsidy removal not your words, you are like someone who goes to vote for a wicked candidate, you don't need to talk, your support can do the needed damage, like I said it is not only you there are plenty of your types here on Nairaland supporting the same thing, your explanation there about subsidy removal is just rubbish, you are simply putting the cart before the horse just like Tinubu.

That is why people are crying, not your words...
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by Brendaniel: 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2023
[quote author=nairalanda1 post=]

Apologies for any explicit words used, I tried not to use any explicit words...
Re: Fuel Hike: It’s Cruel, Height Of Insensitivity – Ondo Workers Lament by nairalanda1(m): 2:06pm On Jul 21, 2023
Brendaniel:

No problem.

(1) (Reply)

N16b Refund From Oshiomhole’s Prodigious Usage On Federal Roads Belonged To Edo / 10 Million Nigerians Will Be Poorer / CBN Plans To Take New Measures To Stabilize Naira Against Dollar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.