Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,652 members, 7,902,029 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:03 PM

Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters (24125 Views)

LG Autonomy: Supreme Court decision, an assault on true federalism - James Ibori / Nigeria's Ibori: Why Is Tinubu Associating With A Convicted Criminal / Sowore: "Only A Fool Will Consult A Thief To Repair His Burgled Door" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Ikpunnegi01: 11:10am On Jul 22, 2023
A very hardened criminal who haven't changed till date; who eats with the drug baron now a fake president. Tell me, how will the country move forward when thieves are celebrated.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by gaddafe(m): 11:42am On Jul 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

I was with you until you mentioned Gani Fawehimni.

Gani...who I respect, and who I think was a great Nigerian, ...lost the 2003 election because he was a newspaper candidate. Someone that did not even go round the country...even people like late Dim Ojukwu were all over the country, and was only known on newspapers, and his party has no branch at all in any part of the country....cannot even have a chance of winning any election.

Big parties win because they are all over the place and people know who they are and also know someone who is a member. Yes, rigging, but most places, voting does happen, and people vote for PDP and now APC.

I know who I'm talking with when I hear things like "voting does happen and people vote for PDP". Like seriously... Even if someone like Gani wanted to loose, would it be with those figures he was given? If you were still a kid within 1999 say so. It doesn't take much people to win an election during the 1999 era. Every notable politician knows this. In Edo State, I was aware of the period when only 5 people won the election. During that era politicians don't give a shiit about the voters because they don't need it. What they need is connection. If you are well connected then you get all. To say people were voting for PDP is nonsense. There was a reason for the high voter apathy during that era. During that era, it is difficult to see a well known politician in the queue voting on election day. They are busy strategizing, controlling the movement of thugs from one location to another. Infact some of them will be sleeping at home while Election is ongoing only for them to be declared winner.
If it was a free and fair election Gani will not loose in that manner, even if he wanted to loose.
What is happening today is totally different from what happened in that era. Then I voted in three different states so I know what I'm talking about. I voted in Lagos (Okota), Edo (upper Sokponba) and Delta (Abraka).
You guys should desist from this gaslighting, not all of us are stupid.
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by MTNnews: 11:51am On Jul 22, 2023
Igbos always shooking mouth into other tribes matter no be boys by criminal such as Kalu Orji n co hold sway in Ipobland in the likes of Theodore Orji Abaribe Ugwuanyi Nnamdi Kalu Peter Obi n co today.

gidgiddy:
With his previous convictions in the UK, he should never have been Governor

The man just turned Delta State money into his personal treasury and stole them blind

His boys such as Ayiri Emami became over night billionaires and still hold sway in Delta state
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Prolificgiant(m): 11:59am On Jul 22, 2023
Varunpulyani:
Just like Bola the cocaine ajasco oooo

But internet no too dey during ibori tenure na why them no search e background first
if he was to be Lagos governor,he would thoroughly do background check because anything sells like hot akara
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by guysbewise: 12:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
blacksam01:

$2m not $2 bill

Which planet are you from.

Read about the billions here: https://www.nairaland.com/1800120/umaru-dikkos-corruption-charges-historyclass101
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by hollywater: 1:09pm On Jul 22, 2023
kokoA:
$15 MILLION BRIBE
Then EFCC Chairman Nuhu Ribadu alleged that Ibori had offered him $15 million in cash in April 2007 to drop the investigation. Ribadu said he pretended to accept but instead deposited the cash at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

I hope Ribadu will still stand by this claim now that their mutual friend is president.
The same Nuhu Ribadu and Ibori are seen in Aso rock day in day out, you tell Nigeria is not a Zoo.
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by KanwuliaExtra: 1:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
clinician2x:

It was a human being who wanted a particular thief to emerge that did this to another human being. The pains of this woman will hunt Nigeria forever.

This is just the beginning.

So wrong.
Do we even mention the "Ojoro ORO festival" charade?
Only primitive and degenerate minds operate like that and they have no business running a modern democratic government.
They reason they keep failing at achieving any thing close to good governance.
They can only be retrogresive at best.

EYES, EARS, NOSE and THROAT ON THE JUDICIARY!
I SAY: WE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!!!!
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by KanwuliaExtra: 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

Kenya where half of the electoral commision refused to certify the last election?

Kenya with allegations of voter fraud and severe fighting.?

Kenya that had riots in election past, including the 1997 one that turned tribal and violent?

Kenya with allegations of voter supression?

Kenya that had a botched 2017 election?

Okay o.

Modified: 10.32am

This does not mean that Nigerian elections are all okay. We got issues, lots of issues. But is Kenya better than us? No, no and no.

Good.
Now, mutilply all that X 50,000 and it will equal what you have in Nigeria.
Kenya is also not the material and spiritual poverty capital of the universe and also does not rent air planes from Ethiopia as Nigerian Air!
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by gare(f): 1:25pm On Jul 22, 2023
copyrites:

Deltans elected a petty thief grin grin grin Nigerians no just get sense. Always electing the worst of the worst criminals and drug addicts. Later you people will complain about visa denials.

Is he worse than the one you support for President ?
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Burna440(m): 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2023
guysbewise:
They should let this guy rest jor. how about Dikko-Affair in the 80s and yet his was untouchable.
https://www.nairaland.com/1800120/umaru-dikkos-corruption-charges-historyclass101

This story no kuku complete sef
Just leave am halfway
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2023
Reuters should ALSO do a story about the British 'royal' family. You know, how they went around the world STEALING treasures from people who welcomed them with open arms. This family is so criminal their ENTIRE wealth is gotten from the treasures of Africa, Australia, India, New Zealand and the Americas. I believe this is a relevant story, since the British now have a new king Charles.
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by nairalanda1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Good.
Now, mutilply all that X 50,000 and it will equal what you have in Nigeria.
Kenya is also not the material and spiritual poverty capital of the universe and also does not rent air planes from Ethiopia as Nigerian Air!

Kenya is no different from Nigeria. It is just as bad.

There really also is no such thing as the perfect election either.

Still does not mean I want or like APC, PDP or LP.
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by ibinaboonline: 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2023
Didn't Tinubu invite ibori to aso rock recently?
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by efe21: 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2023
Yankee101:
Even Atiku chased him out of a meeering

Tinubu is elevating him now
Atiku a thief too that empty custom's treasury, and was brought in chains to Doodan Barracks Lagos the then seat of Military power in Nigeria. Atiku should be grateful to Babangida if not by now he will be history. Atiku is also a thief like Ibori, so there is truly no honour among thieves.
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Moblux(m): 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2023
gidgiddy:
With his previous convictions in the UK, he should never have been Governor

The man just turned Delta State money into his personal treasury and stole them blind

His boys such as Ayiri Emami became over night billionaires and still hold sway in Delta state

He was convicted for theft in Nigeria in 1995 when he stole the materials he supplied for the construction of a health center in Bwari Area Council, FCT
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Error401: 7:21pm On Jul 22, 2023
They are the richest, most of them could easily afford the election process in Nigeria
copyrites:

Deltans elected a petty thief grin grin grin Nigerians no just get sense. Always electing the worst of the worst criminals and drug addicts. Later you people will complain about visa denials.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hardship: 2 Days Nationwide Protest Must Go On - NLC / Bandits Have Invaded Ogun And Osun Forests - Gani Adams Raises Alarm / Fayose On The Osasu Show: 'if I Have A House In Dubai, I Will Declare It'(video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.