Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,825 members, 7,848,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 08:42 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (443509 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (483) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Marcgrace: 11:29pm On May 13
Thanks al lot @Bobomaigida
If a Student visa is denied, can all the money be transferred back to the applicant's Nigeria bank account?

Bobomaigida:

Any one can do GIC.

The funds must come from the applicant's account straight to the Canadian bank. Only CIBC is available for Nigerians for now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wonder1844(m): 4:55am On May 14
Good day all. Please I got a biometric Instructors letter but not clear how I can book appointment. I need a guide please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Maria96: 5:48am On May 14
frank2zee:
Wow..people are still migrating to canada despite all these bad news about declining job market and very low job opportunities.
Am shocked!!!
my case is different, divine grace , when the going gets tough the tough gets going etc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nbkay23: 7:25am On May 14
Frankrobbn1:

I totally get your concern about using your sibling's bank statement as proof of funds (POF) for your application. As an immigration expert, I can offer some precise advice based on your situation.

Typically, when using a sponsor's bank statement as POF, it's important to show a clear and documented transfer of funds from your sponsor's account to your own account. This helps establish that the funds are available to you for your studies.

It would be a good idea to have your sibling transfer the required living expenses funds to your own account and also present her own statement as the sponsor. This way, you can provide evidence of the transfer, ensuring that the funds are clearly documented and traceable.

Good luck with your application! 🤞✨

It will end in praise
Hello, pls can I use a company Account as proof of funds, or what other ways can be used to provide Pof
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Timeofgod: 10:02am On May 14
Charlex23:

University of Regina,
Vancouver community college,
Humber college,
Kings university college
Those are the few I know of

Thanks bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by freshStarz: 10:24am On May 14
Good morning guys

Please how can one get a job offer in Canada from Nigeria?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Amycanada(f): 12:11pm On May 14
Hello guys, please which school/college can I apply with my HND (3.81/4.00)?
Field of study: Crop Production Technology
Any affordable school for postgraduate diploma or so. I heard that I cannot use HND for direct masters.
I'm sponsoring myself and I'm also open for scholarships etc.
Thank you🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 1:06pm On May 14
Book your appointment from VFS. Although people are finding it difficult to use it now clear your cache and try it or use a different browser incase you are having problems.
Wonder1844:
Good day all. Please I got a biometric Instructors letter but not clear how I can book appointment. I need a guide please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wonder1844(m): 1:25pm On May 14
Thank you.
I have booked.

JMG12:
Book your appointment from VFS. Although people are finding it difficult to use it now clear your cache and try it or use a different browser incase you are having problems.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by UncleSolomon: 1:55pm On May 14
Bohye84:
Please who else apply for study permit this month and has heard something! Or will like to connect for tracker!

Any updates yet ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bobodudu100: 2:09pm On May 14
Good Afternoon . Please how soon can one start visa application i suppose my question is also around what are average timelines for now. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 2:21pm On May 14
Marcgrace:
Thanks al lot @Bobomaigida
If a Student visa is denied, can all the money be transferred back to the applicant's Nigeria bank account?

The funds will be sent back to the originating account less administrative charges covering the cost of transfer of the funds to the originating bank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chezonye: 2:35pm On May 14
I got admission there.
Olandanswer:
Good morning house, please is Mohawk College a good school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by harmonyedu: 4:24pm On May 14
Thank you

Bobomaigida:

This must have been inputted when you were booking the appointment. There is no cause for alarm, biometrics will last for 10 years , whether it is VV or SP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Devasia(m): 5:15pm On May 14
Good day

Please is anyone here applying or have applied to Canadore College?

My application has been 9 weeks now and no response from them.
I have mailed them countless times and I keep getting the reply that they have many application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by freshStarz: 5:23pm On May 14
My passport expired since 2020. I've renewed since February this year but it's yet to come out due to Nigerian issues

Please my question is, can I go ahead and use the old and expired passport for school application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by frank2zee: 11:02pm On May 14
Maria96:
my case is different, divine grace , when the going gets tough the tough gets going etc

Please share your experience with us, it could help someone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zeb04(f): 11:32pm On May 14
Is it possible to work 24hours if your institution is not DLI?

Ps, i am already in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nbkay23: 6:07am On May 15
JustMellow:

Hello Prettytasha,

Check if you can use LemFi. It is an app that allows international students to send money from their local bank account around the world including Nigerians, to the wallet to initiate tuition payment.

Best Wishes!
Can I send from the Bank directly, Like from the accountant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nbkay23: 6:12am On May 15
JMG12:

Hello, pls can I use a company Account as proof of funds, or what other ways can be used to provide Pof
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 12:00pm On May 15
freshStarz:
My passport expired since 2020. I've renewed since February this year but it's yet to come out due to Nigerian issues

Please my question is, can I go ahead and use the old and expired passport for school application?

NO, expired passport is not acceptable. February is such a long time to get passport, go to the passport office you processed it and lay your complaint with the servicom desk, then also see the PCO of that office to complain.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 12:02pm On May 15
zeb04:
Is it possible to work 24hours if your institution is not DLI?

Ps, i am already in Canada?

This affects you in relation to PGWP. You can work now but your work hours much not exceed 20 hours per week until September when it goes up to 24 hours per week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 1:11pm On May 15
Yes, you can whose company is it?
Nbkay23:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by freshStarz: 1:58pm On May 15
Bobomaigida:

NO, expired passport is not acceptable. February is such a long time to get passport, go to the passport office you processed it and lay your complaint with the servicom desk, then also see the PCO of that office to complain.

Ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lovesnow: 2:18pm On May 15
Please @jmg12, I need your help on Poland appointment date. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lovesnow: 2:26pm On May 15
Nbkay23:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MarksmanD: 3:28pm On May 15
Please, excuse my ignorance 😞. On the old GCKey portal, where do I upload my PAL because I can't see any place for the upload of it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 4:27pm On May 15
freshStarz:
Good evening guys

Please what's the meaning of this program

"Pre health science pathway to advanced diploma and degrees"

Who knows?
This is just a Prerequisites program to prepare you for another program in degree or diploma whatever it is in health science related, probably a 1 year program..
But you can't assume that you have completed your studies after this as in getting a degree diploma or certificate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 4:43pm On May 15
A session is provided for that, if you state during the eligibility question that you require PAL
MarksmanD:
Please, excuse my ignorance 😞. On the old GCKey portal, where do I upload my PAL because I can't see any place for the upload of it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Guruindahouse(m): 6:20pm On May 15
Thanks for your submission.
Pls do you know the processing time for study permit to be issued in Nigeria now?
Bobomaigida:

It will not serve much cos the crypto is not readily available for your use. However, you can use it as part of your source of funds by showing your transaction history and explaining it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Guruindahouse(m): 6:21pm On May 15
House,
What is the processing time for study permit to be issued in Nigeria now?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by stfadaanthony(m): 7:05pm On May 15
Goodevening house. Forgive me ignorance. I just got an admission into a university in Canada and I intend to start preparing my documents,which are almost ready. Can I do my application and that of my spouse at once? What is the cost implication of both?

Is there a WhatsApp group where questions about visa application can be asked? If he's,I will love to be added.

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (483) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

Viewing this topic: Wonder1844(m), laurexite and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.