Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,047 members, 7,886,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:25 PM

Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings (2529 Views)

8 Signs That A Guy Is Just Playing You / My friend and my feelings.... / There Is This Girl I Love But I Do Not Know How To Express My Feelings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by floxyrangy: 12:22am On Sep 09, 2007
Hi Nairalanders, I need your advice. There is this guy, we have been friends for a while now. He left Lagos for the US to further his education. He is coming back in 2 weeks time. He said I should come and pick him at the airport and then follow him to his mother's house. Now, from all indications, he wants me to meet his mother. Do you guys think he is serious with me? What does it mean for a guy to ask you to come with him to meet his mother?
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by naijadiva2(f): 1:09am On Sep 09, 2007
he just needs u to take him there. that's it. said nothing about meeting mothers.
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:34am On Sep 09, 2007
hhhhmmmm, i suggest you take it easy and don't get your hopes to high. he might just want you to drop him off, but come to think of it undecided, why would he suggest you pick him off to his mother place. it could be he really wants you to meet her, never say never. wink
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by LadyGodiva(f): 3:06am On Sep 09, 2007
he may just want a drive home. he probably won't be in the mood for serious socializing after taking two flights to go back to naija.
just kindly decline, and schedule another time to properly hang out with him and see what he says. don't mention anything about his mother. if he wants you to meet her he will bring it up again
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by Nobody: 3:10am On Sep 09, 2007
well, am currently in US, and usually when i go to nigeria, i call my family members to pick me up. i dnt use Nigeria taxi, b/c its highly, trust me, highly dangerous. so he might want you to drop him off. but think about this, couldn't he call a member of his family to come and pick him up? so i'll suggest you pick him up, and see how he introduces you to his family. If he doesn't act like you and him have a thing going on, you'll know what it means. so next time he ask you to pick him up, ask tell him to F*CK OFF!!!!

[list]
50% chance he wants you to meet his mom
50% chance he's using you
= 100% unsure
[/list]
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 09, 2007
I think he wants you to meet his his mom, so don't get  your hopes too high or unnecessary excited the outcome of the meeting will determined the next line of action good luck .
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by iice(f): 8:18am On Sep 09, 2007
Sorry i missed the portion where you guys went from friends to being boyfriend/girlfriend. . . undecided
Where does your meeting his mom translate to him being in love undecided

1 Like

Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by floxyrangy: 11:20am On Sep 09, 2007
before he left, we were quite friendly, we lost touch for some months while he was away, my phone got stolen one time so I lost his contacts. I bought a new line and was stunned when I received a call one day from him. We got talking on phone and talked a lot. Still do. He sends mails every now and then, we chat when he is online, send texts and all that stuff. He has not asked me to date him as such, though from hos tone and the conversation we have, it is likely that he will soon aske me to date him. But this one of meeting his mom, is what I actually need to know. I have always wanted to ask him where exactly I stand with him, but I do not want to come off as desperate.
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by olanajim(m): 11:22am On Sep 09, 2007
Take toyinrayo's advice. It is 50-50.
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by BABEELOVE(f): 12:21pm On Sep 09, 2007
@Topic

We are you thinking ahead of yourself?----All thiz small gals sef eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!  Please just relax and enjoy your relationship----whatever that is.  You have not even received what he brought from "yankeeland" and you are stretching ya throat to "mother-in-law" thoughts!  A beg make you try relax oh! cheesy  For all you know it is just to compensate you for transportation fare for picking him up from the airport! wink

What's the rush-thinking for a "bi-continental" relationship anyway?  Please enjoy what you have now---bone thoughts of the future.  You know wetin the bobo dey do for "yankee" tongue   A Naija dude in yankee land tongue--- Just make sure the dude has a lot of goodies for you for "im portmanteau" for the exotic "local flavored good time" you are going to provide for him while he is in "town"! kiss

You cannot lose all ways y'know tongue
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by iice(f): 1:06pm On Sep 09, 2007
grin grin grin
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by BABEELOVE(f): 1:23pm On Sep 09, 2007
iice:

grin grin grin

You dey laff Just advise ya sister to brush up on her "skills" oh!!! Home boy don sabi "chop" sushi well well by nauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! tongue
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by iice(f): 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2007
Babeelove, i don talk my own earlier on o. . .besides you don expatiate on my thoughts tongue
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by ijay20(f): 1:54pm On Sep 09, 2007
Babeelove ,that one no be love.Open your eyes shocked
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by hazeleyez(f): 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2007
my dear floxy, a guy asking you to pick him up at the airport does not translate to being in love. me thinks he jus needs a ride home and probably wants to share the (short or long) ride home with a good friend. if u start thinking love and its none of that, u may feel hurt in the end. so jus enjoy the company.
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by NaJaHaJe(f): 11:28am On Sep 10, 2007
If votes were noted then you'll know what da ansa is.

you guys are friends period.

he needs you to him a favour just as he would expect from any other friend.

Go and sit in fridge for a few hours. maybe that will cool you down.

IF A GUY HAS NOT ASKED YOU OUT OR TOLD YOU OF HIS INTENTIONS TOWARDS YOU ,,,,,, DO NOT READ INTO ANYTHING. before you disgrace yourself !
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by nana(f): 11:40am On Sep 10, 2007
hazeleyez:

my dear floxy, a guy asking you to pick him up at the airport does not translate to being in love. me thinks he jus needs a ride home and probably wants to share the (short or long) ride home with a good friend. if u start thinking love and its none of that, u may feel hurt in the end. so jus enjoy the company.
Word!
Maybe he doesnt trust any other friend as a much as he trusts u to come him up at the airport.
He's got family members that i think are capable of going to meet him at the airport but he might as well have told them not to worry and told them that his friend is bringing home. Out of curisoity,the mum might have told him that she wants to know this friend willing to go pick him up at the airport in order for her to thank he/she.
-A welcoming party might have been organised on his behalf and the best way to invite u over is to tell u to come pick up at the airport.

Girl,remove anything that has got to do wiv love form this situation because u dont know what this dude is really up to. It's only if u're already falling head over heels for him.
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by floxyrangy: 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2007
actually, he called me today and says that when he comes home, he wants to meet my parents. That he wants us to go a notch further.

as to my picking him at the airport, I do not live in lagos, I live in Calabar, I am supposed to meet him at the airport cos he says he wants to see me first before any other person, from lagos, we will go to calabar, where his mum is living. It is not as if I am living in Lagos and he wants me to come and pick him up to his house.
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by angelchi(f): 7:34pm On Sep 10, 2007
Gud 4 u girl.
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by ssRhino: 7:36pm On Sep 10, 2007
kai, u pple are killing all the hope that this babe don dey build for year, all dem night of praying and fasting, you people wanna kill the dream, na lie, God no gree for you all oh.
Poster, dont mind them jare, the guy just wanna have a nice innocent puccy to have when he is back, cos he trust yours more than other ones, so like dem talk, brush up on your skill and yankee boys like being swallowed.
Man tallk of ride, u dey talk of marriage, na wa oh
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by floxyrangy: 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2007
@ rhino I do not agree with you, sir.
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by ssRhino: 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2007
Poster, pls, i am not a sir, i work for a living, however, i like ur faith, keep believing jare, howeer, just thread with care, broken heart aint easy to men, i am sure that Thiefofheart has much heart in her possession from the few that she don theif
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by floxyrangy: 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2007
No body was talking about marriage here, sir. I just said the guy called today and said things. Now if you just go 3 posts backward, you will see everything I have written. Thank you.
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by ssRhino: 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2007
floxy, it is all good sista, no need to get pissed at all, just telling u to thread gently, i am a man, and i know that sometimes, we do come across in a wrong way, or we are being misinterpreted, anyhow, enjoy, just invite me sha
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by NaJaHaJe(f): 9:54am On Sep 11, 2007
@floxy

the reason everyone gave  you more or less the same answers was because of the way you presented the case. you didnt add the rest you just added,, ,,,, and you didnt go into the details properly.

Rhino we no kill the gyal hope. na how she take talk am. if na hospital she go, u no say na different diagnosis dem 4 give am.
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by BABEELOVE(f): 9:57am On Sep 11, 2007
@Floxyrangy:
Is one of your nairaland screen names Oreofemi by any chance undecided-----------this has a lot of Oreofemi--"confused" state of mind in the "thought" processes!!!! wink
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by NaJaHaJe(f): 10:02am On Sep 11, 2007
@BABEELOVE

you asking me?
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by iice(f): 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Is one of your nairaland screen names Oreofemi by any chance undecided-----------this has a lot of Oreofemi--"confused" state of mind in the "thought" processes!!!! wink

grin grin Na i don't think so. . .this one is more composed tongue
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by BABEELOVE(f): 6:23am On Sep 12, 2007
NaJa HaJe:

@BABEELOVE

you asking me?

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Please noooooooooooo!  I was asking this "Floxy babe"!!!

iice:

grin grin Na i don't think so. . .this one is more composed tongue

icee!  I beg--------in the name of the Lord---------I am at work!  Please take it easy so these peeps here do not think I have been bitten by a rabbid dog! You know that Oreofemi of a babe----------he he he he he he he he he! grin

You are a real grandma Nairaland!  That babe ehhhhhhhhhhhh?  I will never forget.  Kai!!!! shocked  Sillyboy's girlfriend!------That was my welcome gift from Nairaland.  So confused. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?   Please if you think this "Floxy Babe" is more composed--I definitely do not think so! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by degubi(m): 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2007
do not rush into anything, let the guy make his intentions known, then u have to really make up ur mind if the relationship is worth it, then u have to take the time to know him now that he is around, and this means u have to hold on from saying yes or no to watch his reactions. no need to take him to his parents place he has family members who can do this, allow him to chase u and earn ur love.
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by snazzydawn(f): 7:38am On Sep 14, 2007
floxy, I have to agree with degubi on this one and I have to add, do not do anything, let him do all the chasing.
Re: Is He In Love Or Just Playing On My Feelings by floxyrangy: 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2007
thank you everybody. I will keep you posted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Marry An Illitrate / Lesbian/gay Crush / My Cousin Is Inlove With Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.