Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,848 members, 7,906,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:35 AM

Owerri, Imo State In Pictures - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Owerri, Imo State In Pictures (59210 Views)

A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures / Banana Island In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chines4(m): 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2011
Who paid for this Advert?
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by tpia5: 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2011
chamber2:

Thank you jari

If these were to be pictures of lagos i know every body would have been rolling on the floor shouting Fashola, even when flood kidnap people in lagos

very wrong assumption.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2011
Okija_juju:

There is no standard of living in Imo State o!! The highest employer of labour in the state still remains the government second to banks,

They are so poor that the government subsidies kerosene and distributes it house to house,

I wonder why someone like you would make such baseless statement. The kerosene crisis hit the entire nation and the govt of Imo state distributed kerosene to ameliorate the impact of the shortage. How did that translate to the people being so poor that they could not afford to buy kerosene?
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by Ben13: 4:19pm On Oct 11, 2011
chamber2:

Thank you jari

If these were to be pictures of lagos i know every body would have been rolling on the floor shouting [b]Fashola, even when flood kidnap people in lagos[/b]

This tells us your motive. grin
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by Okijajuju1(m): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2011
chamber2:

I wonder why someone like you would make such baseless statement. The kerosene crisis hit the entire nation and the govt of Imo state distributed kerosene to ameliorate the impact of the shortage. How did that translate to the people being so poor that they could not afford to buy kerosene?

Nna see me see problem o!!

Out of 36 states, only 1 distributed kerosene house to house, That translates to them being poor jor!

What has Imo state got going for it?! Abia has Aba market, what has Imo got?!
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by omaojo1: 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2011
Show us indices that points to economic growth.

I heard the former gov bragging of bringing Mr biggs to owerri, and he called it a div of democracy.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by eprynce(m): 4:27pm On Oct 11, 2011
@poster
u mst be a propagandist!
wat abt d pics of those urgly places i know? Doughlas Rd & co?
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2011
Okija_juju:

Nna see me see problem o!!

Out of 36 states, only 1 distributed kerosene house to house,  That translates to them being poor jor!

What has Imo state got going for it?! Abia has Aba market, what has Imo got?!

Imo is mainly inhabited by civil servants and students, just like most Nigerian states. But what differentiates imo from the rest is its upward moving populace and peaceful environment.

Even though Imo lacks large markets like Aba and Onitsha, the state receives huge remittances from her citizens in other parts of the country and those coming into the state for relaxation. This dwarfs whatever income the Abia and Anambra states make through their large, unorganised markets.

If you classify a once and for all relieve material as an evidence of poverty then you must be joking.

e_prynce:

@poster
u mst be a propagandist!
wat abt d pics of those urgly places i know? Doughlas Rd & co?

Douglas is not ugly. It is a market environment just like Oshodi and Mushin in lagos.

I am not a propagandist as you assumed.

I am only showing people the good side of my beloved state, Imo. Or is there anything wrong in doing that?

omaojo1:

Show us indices that points to economic growth.

I heard the former gov bragging of bringing Mr biggs to owerri, and he called it a div of democracy.

Even GEJ bragged on bringing facebook in Nigeria grin grin
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by MMM2(m): 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2011
i need 2 see pic of aba (abia state ) angry
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by PointB: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2011
@Poster,

Good work. Can we have more recent picture pls.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by goldng: 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2011
biuriful wink wink wink
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by freecocoa(f): 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2011
OP no just annoy me this afternoon o,I school in owerri and trust me its not that beautiful,I don't pray for anything to take me there again after school,you just put pictures of grasses that are not even there again,all of them don die finish,why didn't you put pix of Douglass road?(A major road that is now a refuse dump)stop deceiving yourself joor,I HATE OWERRI.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2011
freecocoa:

OP no just annoy me this afternoon o,I school in owerri and trust me its not that beautiful,I don't pray for anything to take me there again after school,you just put pictures of grasses that are not even there again,all of them don die finish,why didn't you put pix of Douglass road?(A major road that is now a refuse dump)stop deceiving yourself joor,I HATE OWERRI.

At least it is. As i said before, douglas is a market place and can only qualify as one.

Whether you like or hate owerri is not the issue, the fact remains that owerri is a beautiful and peaceful place to live.

Those pictures are recent pictures and are not meant to deceive anyone.

Nigerian cities are terrible, but owerri and a few others are decent enough for any body to live.

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by Okijajuju1(m): 5:28pm On Oct 11, 2011
chamber2:

Imo is mainly inhabited by civil servants and students, just like most Nigerian states. But what differentiates imo from the rest is its upward moving populace and peaceful environment.

Even though Imo lacks large markets like Aba and Onitsha, the state receives huge remittances from her citizens in other parts of the country and those coming into the state for relaxation. This dwarfs whatever income the Abia and Anambra states make through their large, unorganised markets.

If you classify a once and for all relieve material as an evidence of poverty then you must be joking.

Actually, I was joking, But I still maintain that Imo state is a poor state with most of its inhabitants living below $5 a day,
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2011
Okija_juju:

Actually, I was joking,  But I still maintain that Imo state is a poor state with most of its inhabitants living below $5 a day,   

Of course. Nigeria is still a poor country na.

1 Like

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by LordNaya: 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2011
@poster; thanks for the pics but owerri is now far more beautiful than that, thanks to Rochas de action governor no wonder tourist from all over the world come to de city regularly 2 relax. I dont know why envy want 2 kill some people becos of devt in owerri? Some even claim 2 be igbos or 2 hav been 2 owerri just 2 give it a bad name, when the truth is obvious; Na wa oh!! Well thats their cup of tea as Gov Rochas has vowed 2 turn imo state into a semi heaven. I stay in lagos and am must confess that the condition of ikorodu, epe, badagry etc axis is nothing 2 write home about yet de Gov is over praised. I wonder if those areas are part of lagos. I wish my state capital could be as beautiful as owerri. Anyhow God dey.

1 Like

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2011
Lord Naya:

@poster; thanks for the pics but owerri is now far more beautiful than that, thanks to Rochas de action governor no wonder tourist from all over the world come to de city regularly 2 relax. I dont know why envy want 2 kill some people becos of devt in owerri? Some even claim 2 be igbos or 2 hav been 2 owerri just 2 give it a bad name, when the truth is obvious; Na wa oh!! Well thats their cup of tea as Gov Rochas has vowed 2 turn imo state into a semi heaven. I stay in lagos and am must confess that the condition of ikorodu, epe, badagry etc axis is nothing 2 write home about yet de Gov is over praised. I wonder if those areas are part of lagos. I wish my state capital could be as beautiful as owerri. Anyhow God dey.

Oh dear. These pictures were taken before the elections, around April or so

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2011
Road leading to govt house

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by KakiP(m): 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2011

Do not be deceived people the whole of Owerri is not as clean as this,the pictures here were taken from only Port Harcourt road only,which seems to be the only good place in Owerri,

@OP,show us pics from Douglas Road,Nekede ,Ihiagwa na  grin grin grin,that place looks like the Oshodi we used to know back then in Lagos,
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2011
Kaki P:

Do not be deceived people the whole of Owerri is not as clean as this,the pictures here were taken from only Port Harcourt road only,which seems to be the only good place in Owerri,

@OP,show us pics from Douglas Road,Nekede ,Ihiagwa na  grin grin grin,that place looks like the Oshodi we used to know back then in Lagos,

Amakohia Flyover

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by OperaMini1(m): 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2011
i don't know why we thrive so much in falsehood. The last picture in the series, is a prototype design of the bridge Ohakim intended to build along Okigwe road. The only sign of this being some few pillars already erected before he lost power. Mr. poster, i don't know in which part of Owerri you live in, but you'd have done well to show the world the flood prone areas of Amakohia, Ikenegbu and Aladinma, the impassable IMSU/Civil defence area, etc. It's like you even forgot to tell the readers that Owerri is shot down with the least rainfall, as the town is averse to drainages. You should go and learn how to do this propaganda thing well.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by bravedude(m): 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2011
All i can see in this pix is just 1 location which is world bank,The wow picture which happens to be an uncompleted fly over bridge at maybe Orji or amakoya,are they done with the project?There is nothing happening in Owerri,is a cleancity base on 9ja level.Nigeria is a mess friend.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 6:03pm On Oct 11, 2011
AMAKOHIA OWERRI

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 11, 2011
These Pictures only exixt in the internet. Chambers2 it's like you have not been in Owerri for a long time. Why don't you visit Amakohia, Douglas Road, to see things for yourself.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2011
Uncanny Genius:

These Pictures only exixt in the internet. Chambers2 it's like you have not been in Owerri for a long time. Why don't you visit Amakohia, Douglas Road, to see things for yourself.

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2011
DOUGLAS ROAD

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2011
DOUGLAS

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2011
mbaise road

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 6:28pm On Oct 11, 2011
amakohia-bank road

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 6:32pm On Oct 11, 2011
wetheral

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chy101: 6:36pm On Oct 11, 2011
@ OP, please don't be angered, can you please show us any capital investment in Imo state, I think that is the real dividend of democracy; development does not start and end with constructing a few KM of roads in the urban area, what about the rural areas? Well that is by the way, I think Imo state should go beyond mere road painting (only in Owerri) to investing in areas that can improve the state economy and its IGR just like its neighbors are doing, attracting investors that can invest in meaningful ventures possibly (production/manufacturing) that will employ the youths gainfully and not building hotels here and there. What has come out of the job offer by the past government, where people were asked to pay 10k for application form
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2011
amakaohia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Lagos Will Look In 2030 - Photo! / Like China, Like Lagos: A Look At The Great Wall Of Lagos - Photos & Videos / Accident At Abule-Egba Head Bridge Along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.