Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,848 members, 7,906,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:24 AM

Owerri, Imo State In Pictures - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Owerri, Imo State In Pictures (59206 Views)

A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures / Banana Island In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by onyengbu: 10:03am On Oct 12, 2011
For those saying that owerri is not beautiful, why dont you post pictures of your own state or your own true picture of Owerri.

Kai! people can hate ooo.

I was in owerri 2 weeks ago and coming from Awka and having gone to many other state capitals in Nigeria, I was humbled!
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 10:08am On Oct 12, 2011
desertboom:

@chamber. Hahaha. . . I laugh you with your blah blah blah, my state this, my state that. A good number of your people from your state are also enjoying prosperity of life and good education in my state too, many have not even been to their home town before because of good life offered to them, my state has offered your people with scholarship, security, education and many poverty alleviation programs. You thought I'll tell you my state of origin so that you'll quickly engage me in tribal talk. For your information, I'm not a tribalist and I'm not against progress too. My point is for people to know the reality on ground not just some fancy cheap billboard photo. It's very funny that you've labelled me with all manner of names and tag me evil, and enemy of progress just to prove your point and project yourself higher. We're talking about your fake advert and photo of Owerri so stick to it. If you don't like it I'll tell again that many of this your photo are political photos enough said!      

I need no native doctor to tell me you are from Rivers.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by BiafranFirstSon(m): 10:48am On Oct 12, 2011
desertboom:

@chamber. Hahaha. . . I laugh you with your blah blah blah, my state this, my state that. A good number of your people from your state are also enjoying prosperity of life and good education in my state too, many have not even been to their home town before because of good life offered to them, my state has offered your people with scholarship, security, education and many poverty alleviation programs. You thought I'll tell you my state of origin so that you'll quickly engage me in tribal talk. For your information, I'm not a tribalist and I'm not against progress too. My point is for people to know the reality on ground not just some fancy cheap billboard photo. It's very funny that you've labelled me with all manner of names and tag me evil, and enemy of progress just to prove your point and project yourself higher. We're talking about your fake advert and photo of Owerri so stick to it. If you don't like it I'll tell again that many of this your photo are political photos enough said!      
@ desertboom pls tell us ur state and post some pictures of it. We will applaude you. I want to correct another lie here. Igbos dont stay in another man's home and call is his. We always believe that no place like home. I am now in new owerri near all seasons @ the moment. Owerri is very very beautiful. If u like go hug naked wire
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by desertboom(m): 10:52am On Oct 12, 2011
@chamber. . . I don't care to know where you think I come from. I am a student of the Imo  Student University, I've lived here for 4years now going to 5years, I know this city very well. You can't just take few photo of a particular place where the rich and mighty occupy to show us It's developmental projects, we want more and good development in IMO STATE and NIGERIA at large, people should stop praising mediocrity. Let truth be told for once
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by POTUT(m): 11:21am On Oct 12, 2011
@chambers2,

Le anya, a wum nwa owerri o.

Where is the end of douglas road that runs in front of Emmanuel College and leads to Aba?

Where is Orji road?

Where is MCC road/behind stadium?

Were you paid to do this? Mind you, that last picture is a model of Okigwe Road overpass (passing in front of Iwuanyanwu's 6-storey Oriental Plaza), it is not a real life picture.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by Ejiekwu1(m): 11:30am On Oct 12, 2011
Criticism is not bad, but it should be constructive, as a civil ans structural engineer, the round about in that picture, is a world class standard round about. i stand to be corrected.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by BiafranFirstSon(m): 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2011
@ lordNaya well said. God be with u.@ okija juju, U are just a shrine. A shrine does not do or appreciate anything good. A shrine can only kill,steal and destroy. So keep to ur diabolic ways.@ freecocoa, go back to ur state if u have any and complete ur first degree and masters. That is if your state has a school. Or are you running away from witches that wants to suck u dry? If that is the case, then appreciate good thing,appreciate peace and good people ,appreciate Owerri. Also i want u to tell me which state u come from, if ur state is good and accommodating, u won't go out from there. I put it to u that Owerri is better than ur state capital. If it is a lie pls post the pictures of ur state capital. Be proud of ur cocoa capital. NONSENSE!
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chy101: 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2011
POTUT:

@chambers2,

Le anya, a wum nwa owerri o.

Where is the end of douglas road that runs in front of Emmanuel College and leads to Aba?

Where is Orji road?

Where is MCC road/behind stadium?

Were you paid to do this? Mind you, that last picture is a model of Okigwe Road overpass (passing in front of Iwuanyanwu's 6-storey Oriental Plaza), it is not a real life picture.

I have consistently implored chamber1 give up this campaign. He has not showed us any meaningful investment in imo state that can absorb the army of the unemployed youths in the state, he has not showed us any rural roads reconstruction which am sure they are in a pitiable conditions. As a matter of fact Imo state does not start and end with Owerre, the same owerri is quite small that a drop of paint or block will be so noticeable that everybody can see it. In my candid opinion I think imo state govt should look beyond owerri if they can't expand the town further to befit state capital, they should look in areas like Orlu and Okigwe those areas has been left to decay as a no-man's land.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by jacqueobi: 12:47pm On Oct 12, 2011
Poster
Let the truth be told, These are both old and new pix's taken before and after ohakim adminstation (using Google images can verify the dates of some of the pix's or were like the ones taken for the imo state investment summit 2010 guide book cos i was there) Showing them now is simply means that you and some person's who post and support them do work for the government, Just trying to gain recognition as being active. I am yet to see new pix's of what this new government has done. Pls try and focus on other ways of promoting the achievements yet to be done by this government. Thank you
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by desertboom(m): 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2011
Good to see that even the native of the state are begining to see things the right way, they don't want fake and deceitful photos rather practical and real completed developmental project photos . Many of those photos are lies, fake, political and very deceitful. I'm not here to talk tough but to point out misleading  information. Some of the photo are real while some are political and campaign photo used by Ohakim and co to deceive innocent people. You may have done it innocently with a pure and sincere heart to project your state but we know the truth enough said! @BiafraFirstSon. I won't tell you my state to avoid tribalism, I don't involve in tribal abuses.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by Homar(m): 1:34pm On Oct 12, 2011
Make no body insult my Owerri for me . Una dey find my trouble.Well but there is truth in what you said
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2011
desertboom:

Good to see that even the native of the state are begining to see things the right way, they don't want fake and deceitful photos rather practical and real completed developmental project photos . Many of those photos are lies, fake, political and very deceitful. I'm not here to talk tough but to point out misleading  information. Some of the photo are real while some are political and campaign photo used by Ohakim and co to deceive innocent people. You may have done it innocently with a pure and sincere heart to project your state but we know the truth enough said! @BiafraFirstSon. I won't tell you my state to avoid tribalism, I don't involve in tribal abuses.

You live and study in owerri, why can't you move out, take the real pictures of those places i posted and then upload them here? Why do you keep making unnecessary conjectures even after spending 5 yrs in school? The best way to disagree is to provide a better alternative. So far, what you can do is to continuously type crap without any meaningful efforts to convince people of your observations. I posted pictures of places you recognise and you claim they are fake, so, why don't spend  few hours and take the real pictures?

jacqueobi:

Poster
Let the truth be told,  These are both old and new pix's taken before and after ohakim  adminstation (using Google images can verify the dates of some of the pix's or were like the ones taken for the imo state investment summit 2010 guide book cos i was there)  Showing them now is simply means that you and some person's who post and support them do work for the government,  Just trying to gain recognition as being active. I am yet to see new pix's of what this new government has done. Pls try and focus on other ways of promoting the achievements yet to be done by this government.  Thank you

Oga, these pictures are not political pictures, they are real except that of the bridge. So far in this thread no politician has been praised or mentioned. This thread is just to show the pictures of owerri, the imo state capital, if you have any pictures whether old or new please post them here for people to see.

chy101:

I have consistently implored chamber1 give up this campaign.  He has not showed us any meaningful investment in imo state that can absorb the army of the unemployed youths in the state, he has not showed us any rural roads reconstruction which am sure they are in a pitiable conditions. As a matter of fact Imo state does not start and end with Owerre, the same owerri is quite small that a drop of paint or block will be so noticeable that everybody can see it. In my candid opinion I think imo state govt should look beyond owerri if they can't expand the town further to befit state capital, they should look in areas like Orlu and Okigwe those areas has been left to decay as a no-man's land.

Did you read the title of this thread? Did you read the introductory statement?  Does it have anything to suggest that imo state has no problem? These pictures are for owerri only, you can open another thread to show pictures of other parts of imo state. Owerri, just like any other state capital has its own challenges and that cannot be denied. However, owerri is quite a cool and peaceful place, and that is the overall idea of this thread.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by onyengbu: 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2011
chy101:

I have consistently implored chamber1 give up this campaign. He has not showed us any meaningful investment in imo state that can absorb the army of the unemployed youths in the state, he has not showed us any rural roads reconstruction which am sure they are in a pitiable conditions. As a matter of fact Imo state does not start and end with Owerre, the same owerri is quite small that a drop of paint or block will be so noticeable that everybody can see it. In my candid opinion I think imo state govt should look beyond owerri if they can't expand the town further to befit state capital, they should look in areas like Orlu and Okigwe those areas has been left to decay as a no-man's land.

It is not everybody that is here on paid campaign like you. You have been campaigning all over nairaland for Peter Obi with your old monicker chino11 and have to drop it for this new one but yet you didnt fail to dissapoint.

The poster here is not campaigning for Rochas or Ohakim he is just proud of his capital city. As for you, you live in Awka, capital of anambra. The same anambra where your Godfather Peter Reigns; can you proudly take pictures of this our awka and upload it. Try that and I will expose you and your propaganda guvnor with a counter-picture if you dare try to post any false image.

Ewu!
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by freecocoa(f): 2:39pm On Oct 12, 2011
I have said what I said,whether you people like it or not I don't give a rats a$$,if I don't know owerri it would have been a different thing but since you all want to keep lying about it to hell with una.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by desertboom(m): 2:47pm On Oct 12, 2011
@chamber2. . . I am neither making conjectures nor telling lies. People and people of your state have repeatedly told you here times without number that your photo does not paint the true colour of Owerri. Those very clean and green photos are old pictures that has been in existence for over 2years for example; the photo of the fly-over is very old, the project has been ongoing for a year now without completion yet you called such photo current. Please, we are not fools here
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by onyengbu: 2:47pm On Oct 12, 2011
freecocoa:

I have said what I said,whether you people like it or not I don't give a rats a$$,if I don't know owerri it would have been a different thing but since you all want to keep lying about it to hell with una.
u don de run already? Abeg give us your own true picture of owerri since the OP took all the pictures in Geneva  grin
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by onyengbu: 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2011
desertboom:

@chamber2. . . I am neither making conjectures nor telling lies. People and people of your state have repeatedly told you here times without number that your photo does not paint the true colour of Owerri. Those very clean and green photos are[b] old pictures[/b] that has been in existence for over 2years for example; the photo of the fly-over is very old, the project has been ongoing for a year now without completion yet you called such photo current. Please, we are not fools here

Ol boy you are not even making sense, is your problem with the age of the picture or the actual existence of the depicted infrastructures.

Grasses die, you know. Besides, I was in owerri less than 16 days ago and the city is quite clean and beautiful.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by desertboom(m): 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2011
@onye_ngbu. . . It's either you didn't read this thread very well or you lack comprehension. Why are you afraid of the truth? The poster said all the above photos is the real situation of Owerri currently. I said; the green and clean photo are very old, the fly-over photo is over 2years old yet the project is not fully completed. Can you point out where I lied? I can't lie because I've got nothing to benefit.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by onyengbu: 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2011
desertboom:

@onye_ngbu. . . Why are you afraid of the truth? I said; the green and clean photo are very old, the fly-over photo is over 2years old yet the project is not fully completed. Can you point out where I lied? I can't lie because I've got nothing to benefit.

Very Old?!! or you mean 2 years old? What has uncompleteness of a flyover got to do with anything. Even the OP admitted it is not completed and soooooo What!

I cant point out where you are lying probably because you are busy accusing others of lying! And I seriously doubt you ve got nothing to benefit from all these.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 3:52pm On Oct 12, 2011
desertboom:

@onye_ngbu. . . Why are you afraid of the truth? I said; the green and clean photo are very old, the fly-over photo is over 2years old yet the project is not fully completed. Can you point out where I lied? I can't lie because I've got nothing to benefit.

My friend, listen. You started by making unfounded, primitive and denigrating statements about owerri and imo state. That i cautioned you. So long as you live imo state will remain part of you, having obtained or about to obtain a degree from one of it's universities. So, you will gain absolutely nothing by rubbishing the state.I expect a student of Imsu, which i am a proud alumnus, to present facts and not conjectures in order to buttress his points. So far, you have failed in this regard.

Let me tell you once again that my interest in posting the pictures is not politically motivated. I don't give any politician a damn. I lived in owerri for about 10-11 yrs only left recently to pursue a postgrad. I lived briefly in PH and have spent about a decade in lagos. I also have spent about a yr in both ibadan and ondo.  Non of these states can stand the beauty and ambiance of owerri. I need you to provide evidence based reports and not i am not lying na

I repeat, this thread is is for people to post pictures of owerri as they see it. It is not only under my exclusivity to post the pictures. You can do it too. Go out, take pictures and post here.

During the last election i campaigned vigorously against ohakim,  not because he wasn't performing as a governor rather because of the bizarre, political reckless and extrajudicial atrocities associated with his regime. I never campaigned for Rochas but i was happy he won- at least to prove a point. I did the same  against Akala, former governor of Oyo state. I did my NYsc in Ibadan and the site i saw wasn't impressive for a big city like that. So, during the election i worked at my own capacity to ensure that Akala does not return. This is because i am part and parcel of oyo, having done my nysc there.

So my dear, i would advise that you change your mindset of imo state and its people. Support the transformation agenda, criticise constructively where necessary and desist from making provoking statements about people of other ethnic group, even though you claim not to be a bigot.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by Derojju(m): 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2011
Hi
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by desertboom(m): 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2011
@chamber and all. . . I've never term IMO STATE primitive, neither did I rubbish nor bad-mouth It's existence from the onset. If you disagree quote me where I did so, It has always been in me to study out of my state to enable me learn new culture, people and environment. I am particularly grateful to the University, Imo people and the residents for peaceful co-habitation in all this years, I see IMO problem as my problem or that of my state and that is why I commented vehemently because I want change in Infrastructural development, culture and individuality, upon saying this I can never compromise, either misleading information or praising mediocrity. I must always stand out distinctively to correct devoid of bias, prejudice and self-inclination. However, I wish IMO good and progress because It's success is of Nigeria and Nigeria success is for the betterment of all concern. I've nothing against IMO STATE, I have nothing against any tribe, I wish all well, peace and progress. May God bless everyone, God bless IMO STATE and Nigeria.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 6:26pm On Oct 12, 2011
desertboom:

@chamber and all. . [b]. I've never term IMO STATE primitive, neither did I rubbish nor bad-mouth It's existence from the onset. [/b]If you disagree quote me where I did so, It has always been in me to study out of my state to enable me learn new culture, people and environment. I am particularly grateful to the University, Imo people and the residents for peaceful co-habitation in all this years, I see IMO problem as my problem or that of my state and that is why I commented vehemently because I want change in Infrastructural development, culture and individuality, upon saying this I can never compromise, either misleading information or praising mediocrity. I must always stand out distinctively to correct devoid of bias, prejudice and self-inclination. However, I wish IMO good and progress because It's success is of Nigeria and Nigeria success is for the betterment of all concern. I've nothing against IMO STATE, I have nothing against any tribe, I wish all well, peace and progress. May God bless everyone, God bless IMO STATE and Nigeria.    

It is obvious you have memory defect. Read all what you wrote here;

''@freecocoa. . . You're very correct. I school in Owerri too. Infact, my school is located right in the city. The clean and green photo is a political photo by Ohakim to show the world how IMO STATE is developing in terms of infrastructure. There is nothing spectacular and elegant about Owerri. Nothing can ever bring me back to this state after my first degree ''

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-778165.64.html

And then the other cretin said;

''OP no just annoy me this afternoon o,I school in owerri and trust me its not that beautiful,I don't pray for anything to take me there again after school,[/b]you just put pictures of grasses that are not even there again,all of them don die finish,why didn't you put pix of Douglass road?(A major road that is now a refuse dump)stop deceiving yourself joor,[b]I HATE OWERRI.''

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-778165.32.html

These were statements made by people who claim to be university students
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by onyengbu: 6:47pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^^ imagine that and he even challenged mua to prove he is a bigot!
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by desertboom(m): 7:34pm On Oct 12, 2011
"Nothing can ever bring me back to this state after my first degree" Yes. . . I said so because there is no economic activity to sustain me.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chamber2(m): 7:42pm On Oct 12, 2011
desertboom:

"Nothing can ever bring me back to this state after my first degree" Yes. . . I said so because there is no economic activity to sustain me.

Stop justifying your stupidity and crass naivete

You mean there are no human in imo state?
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by ikechukz(m): 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2011
is this the only fine place in owerri.cos i travelled to owerri last 2 months and what i saw was different from.owerri is the only good place in imo and most part have bad roads
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by desertboom(m): 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2011
@chamber. . . I though you're smart but you've just displayed motor park life style here with your arrogance and know-it-all attitude. Life is about choice therefore I can choose any place that is suitable for me. You claim to be doing post graduate studies aboard; are there no better school in Nigeria to do such program? Get off your high horse and reason.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by chy101: 10:33pm On Oct 12, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

It is not everybody that is here on paid campaign like you. You have been campaigning all over nairaland for Peter Obi with your old monicker chino11 and have to drop it for this new one but yet you didnt fail to dissapoint.

The poster here is not campaigning for Rochas or Ohakim he is just proud of his capital city. As for you, you live in Awka, capital of anambra. The same anambra where your Godfather Peter Reigns; can you proudly take pictures of this our awka and upload it. Try that and I will expose you and your propaganda guvnor with a counter-picture if you dare try to post any false image.

Ewu!

You must be a bloody fool. We are not here to compare states, but if you insist on comparing Anambra to your small owerri which is not even up to one single estate (Udoka Estates Awka or Omagba Phase 1 & 2). Anambra has three big major cities (Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi) either of them can pass for a state capital. What does Imo state have except painting of roads and street walls and trees without providing the real infrastructure. There is one question I kept asking about Imo state, does Imo state starts and ends with Owerri?? Why does the successive govts in imo failed to expand owerri to befit a growing state capital?? Why does the govt not developing Orlu and Okigwe to become useful to the state. Why has the rural areas in imo state been neglected to waste away with no assess roads. Today Anambra has the best road networks not only in Awka and Onitsha but to all the rural areas of the state. All the rural areas in Anambra are opened up with development due to good roads unlike in Imo state where the rural areas are no-go areas.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by ezeagu(m): 10:34pm On Oct 12, 2011
chy101:

You must be a bloody fool. We are not here to compare states, but if you insist on comparing Anambra to your small owerri which is not even up to one single estate (Udoka Estates Awka or Omagba Phase 1 & 2). Anambra has three big major cities (Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi) either of them can pass for a state capital. What does Imo state have except painting of roads and street walls and trees without providing the real infrastructure. There is one question I kept asking about Imo state, does Imo state starts and ends with Owerri?? Why does the successive govts in imo failed to expand owerri to befit a growing state capital?? Why does the govt not developing Orlu and Okigwe to become useful to the state. Why has the rural areas in imo state been neglected to waste away with no assess roads. Today Anambra has the best road networks not only in Awka and Onitsha but to all the rural areas of the state. All the rural areas in Anambra are opened up with development due to good roads unlike in Imo state where the rural areas are no-go areas.

One question: does Onitsha have traffic lights?
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by ak47mann(m): 11:04pm On Oct 12, 2011
chy101:

i think rochas will expand development to other areas with no time.
Re: Owerri, Imo State In Pictures by iiiyyyk(m): 11:14pm On Oct 12, 2011
Acturely owerri is indeed a beautiful city base on Nigeria standared. The truth is that, in terms of beauty and organisation u cant count 4 cities in Nigeria without mentioning Owerri. yes the are bigger cities in Nigeria but we are not talking in terms of size here.

All the pictures posted by chemberlin are all real and currrent except the fly-overs thats are still ongoing at amakohia and orji.
he posted pictures from these areas akanchawa road, word bank area, yaradua drive, okigwe road roundabaut, concord avenue etc. if you are telling us that those pictures are false then go and bring the real pictures of those particular places lets see if yours will be different.

Owerri is not perfect just like every other city in the world, even newyork still have slungs. everybody is shouting about douglas. Douglas is a market street yet is not as bad as market streets in Lagos, onitsha, Aba,Kano etc

@ desertboom, i think you are being bias. your only point is that the flyover is not yet completed, we all agree with u.which other picture do u think is presently false. infact i see deep hatred in your voice thats toooooo bad. yes Owerri dont have companies but that is not peculiar to Imo state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Lagos Will Look In 2030 - Photo! / Like China, Like Lagos: A Look At The Great Wall Of Lagos - Photos & Videos / Accident At Abule-Egba Head Bridge Along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.