Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,253 members, 7,880,934 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:34 AM

Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React (7727 Views)

Man Narrates What Happened After He Was Wrongly Accused At A Bus Stop (Vid) / Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? Share Your Experience! / Meet The Man Who Looks Like Messi And Has Been Accused Of Sleeping With 23 Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by Mrkindness: 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2023
Mmuussttii:
one werey woman accuse me say I dey try to look her ATM pin because I stand for her back when she dey type her pin to withdraw money from POS, omo I no gree oo I defend myself Wella, the woman say I be theif, according to her I don plan with my fellow thieves so that we go attack her collect the money wey she withdraw for road, she wan snap me with her phone I no gree, some people even dey support her say if I no gree her snap me them go beat me, I later allow her snap my face but the werey still tell me to shine teeth so that she go snap my open teeth. Omo that day no funny oo, I com dey wonder if the woman dey mad ni, aswear to God I no get any motive of trying to know her pin, I nearly cry that day Sha, but I leave everything for God.
if na me I go scatter her phone and fight her including anybody that talk rubbish.
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by talented321: 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2023
Your last line is the code'' i have experience that alot''
Ulunne777:
Happened where I Went to buy sweet potatoes last year.Had made payment waiting for her to tie up mine and hand me my balance .Next a customer came and she started attending to her .Told Aunty to hurry up next thing I heard is that I haven't given her money.Before you know it she had escalated it,calling me a fraudster and all.
ppl gathered and her co Sellers and neighbors urged me to leave her.
I refusedooo because I had already warned her earlier to stop the hot gossip with her neighbor and focus .It was a family friend that dragged me away.I was very livid! undecided

Exactly 5 days later,was passing by and she called me to come and collect my money and apologized.I told her to summon all the onlookers and witnesses to our show of shame.
Nonsense
I really matched her energy cos if her voice had drowned mine,

Since then I don't give penny until I've received what I bought.

Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by Mrkindness: 9:35pm On Jul 30, 2023
atandaoriyomi23:
Na everything I was accused of I do, both stealing and raping, I do everything but I always deny I didn’t do it although no one believes me
buban barawo
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by lilfresh96(m): 9:45pm On Jul 30, 2023
My class members think I'm a snitch that use to report everything going on in the class to the HOD because he is being fond of me, long story short when we are about to graduate one incidence occured that let to pointing fingers Wich eventually turn out that the class rep has added the HOD In the class Whatsapp platform for a long time. After that incidence majority of my class mates are in my DM apologizing and asking for forgiveness, some ask me in person and those who cannot have the courage try to be nice to me.
The thin really break 💔 my heart and make my attitude change towards people and associated with them. Because before that I have been a generous guy that helps many of them from tutorials, group assignment/presentation and help them with their thesis not knowing what they are thinking/gossiping about me embarassed embarassed embarassed cry

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by royalfly(m): 9:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
Lance008:

Bro not only women
Family member, close friends now behave like snake because of hardship

True, just that our experiences differ. Sometime ago I also experienced this with a family member, though we resolved at the end. But presently women are the ishh.. especially for young couples, women are dare devils now.
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by Ilekokonit: 10:07pm On Jul 30, 2023
chatinent:
Well, mine was betrayal in school. Learnt my lesson and don't keep friends.

Sharp guy.

I met a guy at a restaurant in London where we go to eat, drink and discuss Naija politics and he asked for my number and I gave him and he invited me to a party and I told him I no longer attend Naija parties and when he saw that he could not persuade me otherwise, he let me be.

3 weeks later I saw him again at the restaurant and he was getting worked up that I did not call him for 3 weeks or return his calls and I had to tell him that my phone is always switched off most times and I only turn it on once a day to order takeaway and he couldn't understand that I intentionally switch my phone off.

When his wahala became too much I had to be blunt with him that I no longer keep friends and what I now have are acquaintances who don't visit me at home nor do I visit them either and I only see them if they are at the restaurant whenever I visit as I don't drink at home.

When he was still getting worked up and said in that case he does not want this friendship and that he would not call me again, I had to tell him that I only met him this year at the joint and what would have happened if I did not even meet him in the first place

There is no true friendship amongst Nigerians even within direct family members due to the fact that we worship money and material things and our unnecessary competition and show off attitudes gets in the way of genuine friendships.

If someone I'm meeting new at the restaurant insists on me giving them my number, I will oblige and ask them to call me so that I can store their number and then I will immediately block them on my phone because most Nigerian friends abroad come with unnecessary baggage which I can do without.

If you are too generous, Nigerians think you don't know the value of money or the value of your time and they will abuse your generosity.

There is even this old childhood friend from Nigeria who also lives in London and I had cut him off for the past 2 years partly due to his unreliability and stinginess (he is OK if I am spending at the restaurant on both of us but when it is his turn, he will go missing in action and not pick his calls plus he believes in fetish practices from discussions I've had with him) .

I eventually told him to always call me before coming to my flat as I may be doing some overtime at work (I work from home) and he got the message and stayed away for the past 2 years.

He then sussed out a few weeks ago that I must have blocked his number and he then resorted to calling me with spoofed numbers that will make it seem that the number calling you was from another European country instead of from the UK.

At first I picked the first call but after he again failed to turn up at the restaurant as agreed even though I was the one paying and not having the decency to at least send a text but he decided not to inform me he wasn't coming when I may not have even gone out if he did not call me with the spoofed European number in the first place.

I then blocked his number again and the following week he called me again with 2 spoofed European numbers to deceive me into picking his calls and I had to tell him point blank not to call me with spoofed numbers again and I then called his brother to talk to him to stop using spoofed numbers to call me and he has stopped at least for the past few weeks so far.

Nigerian friends are too much trouble than they are worth and it is no wonder that the Yoruba's say that Ogun omode ko le sere fun Ogun odun (20 children can not be friends for 20 years).

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by Banbanna(m): 10:26pm On Jul 30, 2023
Wow! You suppose forgive am nah! It could be that he's just senile ( old age syndrome). And you could have at least reached out to him after a year or two to resolve the lingering grudge btw you two. People of their generation have a certain kind of stubborn pride.
Now that he's died, closure no come somehow dey.

Just asking, are you from BCity and are you in any way connected to pple from Igun Street?
Prechgold1180:
My own grand father accused me of stealing his bronze. One bronze casted Queen head image

I was like 16 years old then

The man made everybody including outsiders to believe I stole the bronze

Something wey I nur even see for eye

And not like I had any criminal record in that hus
How e take accuse me till today I don’t understand

That very day
The hus was filled with people cus my aunty was doing her introduction
Next morning the bronze was stolen

Out of everybody grand pa accused me

Funny thing my phone was also stolen that day

Omo I just cry go Mumsi hus
Vowed never to visit that his

Long story short I kept my vow

Only visited the hus when I heard my grandpa was dead
He died 2021
The incident happened January 2014 funny I still remember my grand pa accusing words till today it’s still fresh in my head

From that day till he died I did not visit
Did not even hear from him

To me he died in my heart 2014
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by Fstar1: 10:31pm On Jul 30, 2023
talented321:
A male friend from childhood, back then in jss' we have one thing in common
Many of the female friends don't end well, some lead to sex while some lead to the topic above''' but though there are some legit females with understanding' but avoiding people is one thing i have put into blood
Hmmm interesting, it's your way of life and since you feel comfortable with that, I can only wish you well, humans are naturally wicked though, so I strongly believe in this principle
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by Alapogentle: 12:23am On Jul 31, 2023
My former landlady son visited from Abuja he was phoneless and dead broke, base on family friend he was crashing with me in my family house instead of going to his family house, I do give him money for transportation whenever he decides to visit his friends or family house and offering he even used my phone to call my uncle to send him money to get new phone which he did, one day I went to his family house (my former house) his brother just got a new phone, we were together discussing and he was using my hotspot to download then I left him to get food and to meet my friend I left my phone him so he could continue using the hotspot, when I was about leaving this man was told me to drop the phone I took I tried explaining to him It was all in vain he It was just the both of us in the room for like minutes he was so sure I took the phone he even said he was disappointed in me he never expected such from me since he knew me since I was born (he is almost the same age with my father and they grew up together) I had to call the owner of the phone which he confirmed the phone was with him that moment I started cry then he started begging for forgiveness I just had to leave angrily. that night he didn't come over cuz of the guilt the following morning he came I was the only one at home I still make eba give am chop I have forgiven him sha and I haven't forgotten the incidence. Im the kind of person that Cares very much about his reputation

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by AZControversial(m): 12:48am On Jul 31, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

You seem like a very intolerant person and a perfectionist (that one with OCD).

OCD....... maybe.

At the bolded, I'm quite the opposite. My friend was just being too carefree with things that could be hazardous. Hence, my attitude.
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by chatinent: 1:39am On Jul 31, 2023
Ilekokonit:

Sharp guy.

I met a guy at a restaurant in London where we go to eat, drink and discuss Naija politics and he asked for my number and I gave him and he invited me to a party and I told him I no longer attend Naija parties and when he saw that he could not persuade me otherwise, he let me be.

3 weeks later I saw him again at the restaurant and he was getting worked up that I did not call him for 3 weeks or return his calls and I had to tell him that my phone is always switched off most times and I only turn it on once a day to order takeaway and he couldn't understand that I intentionally switch my phone off.

When his wahala became too much I had to be blunt with him that I no longer keep friends and what I now have are acquaintances who don't visit me at home nor do I visit them either and I only see them if they are at the restaurant whenever I visit as I don't drink at home.

When he was still getting worked up and said in that case he does not want this friendship and that he would not call me again, I had to tell him that I only met him this year at the joint and what would have happened if I did not even meet him in the first place

There is no true friendship amongst Nigerians even within direct family members due to the fact that we worship money and material things and our unnecessary competition and show off attitudes gets in the way of genuine friendships.

If someone I'm meeting new at the restaurant insists on me giving them my number, I will oblige and ask them to call me so that I can store their number and then I will immediately block them on my phone because most Nigerian friends abroad come with unnecessary baggage which I can do without.

If you are too generous, Nigerians think you don't know the value of money or the value of your time and they will abuse your generosity.

There is even this old childhood friend from Nigeria who also lives in London and I had cut him off for the past 2 years partly due to his unreliability and stinginess (he is OK if I am spending at the restaurant on both of us but when it is his turn, he will go missing in action and not pick his calls plus he believes in fetish practices from discussions I've had with him) .

I eventually told him to always call me before coming to my flat as I may be doing some overtime at work (I work from home) and he got the message and stayed away for the past 2 years.

He then sussed out a few weeks ago that I must have blocked his number and he then resorted to calling me with spoofed numbers that will make it seem that the number calling you was from another European country instead of from the UK.

At first I picked the first call but after he again failed to turn up at the restaurant as agreed even though I was the one paying and not having the decency to at least send a text but he decided not to inform me he wasn't coming when I may not have even gone out if he did not call me with the spoofed European number in the first place.

I then blocked his number again and the following week he called me again with 2 spoofed European numbers to deceive me into picking his calls and I had to tell him point blank not to call me with spoofed numbers again and I then called his brother to talk to him to stop using spoofed numbers to call me and he has stopped at least for the past few weeks so far.

Nigerian friends are too much trouble than they are worth and it is no wonder that the Yoruba's say that Ogun omode ko le sere fun Ogun odun (20 children can not be friends for 20 years).

Spot on.

Many same reasons I blocked many. I no dey do friendship stuff. Many are only coming to rip you. And believe you me, they don't really give a fck about you! They'll still be ahead in backstabbing you!

Had a dude I lent some sum. Day he said he'd pay, he didn't pay. I didn't disturb him. I don't disturb my debtors...I only use that as a yardstick never to lend them again. A month later, man is asking me for another sum without paying the other. Oh what a fool he thought I was. I reminded him of the other one...and his paying up before asking of a new one. Man got angry.

Another dude I always flexed had the same character. Cos we go out to expensive amusement places...sometimes Chicken Republic to just pass some time...sometimes other places.. just to chase boredom
. If it was I, I don't mind staying without the company...I enjoy time with myself ...but he's always on the let's chill shit. Well, I pay without feeling guilty at all. Like he's never paid for the meal. This shit has been happening like it's normal. What caught my attention one time is when we went there, I excused myself to ease my nose of the catarrh disturbing me. When I returned, he was like 'order food, let's eat.' Oh really? I didn't really even take that to heart that much until we went to another local place to do the local cusines and when we finished eating, he was like 'pay let's go.'

I say wow. This is sb I make sure I pay every dime for any service he renders to me. And even when he has issues, I support financially....even when his car broke down.

Once I knew I was a fool, na there I block en number leave. No much talk.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by Heroicvic(m): 2:48am On Jul 31, 2023
Mrkindness:
you are the accuser or the accused ?

Accuser
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by Heroicvic(m): 2:48am On Jul 31, 2023
Mrkindness:
you are the accuser or the accused ?

Accuser😂

Btw are you the same kindness I know, just asking
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by UselessBuharist: 4:25am On Jul 31, 2023
pretydiva:
I just smiled smiley

Why were you accused and what were you accused of
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by Prechgold1180(m): 6:39am On Jul 31, 2023
Banbanna:
Wow! You suppose forgive am nah! It could be that he's just senile ( old age syndrome). And you could have at least reached out to him after a year or two to resolve the lingering grudge btw you two. People of their generation have a certain kind of stubborn pride.

Just asking, are you from BCity and are you in any way connected to pple from Igun Street?
. I m from Benin

U won’t understand
That man made the whole street believe I stole from him

Till now my cousin and everybody still think I stole the bronze

2020 his overall senior son who base in Europe came back noticed I no longer visit the family hus
He called and begged me to forgive him
Damage done already but not easy for me to forgive I hardly hate people but if I hate u
It will take more than eternity for me to forgive u
That’s if I love you before

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by Prechgold1180(m): 6:42am On Jul 31, 2023
Banbanna:

Reason why I think he singled me out to accuse me

My mumsi was poor

I happen to be the first grandson but I wan treated like a slave in the hus

You won’t understand

My grandpa had 4 wives abi more

So I know what I went thru

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by Rumundele(m): 6:51am On Jul 31, 2023
chatinent:

Spot on.

Many same reasons I blocked many. I no dey do friendship stuff. Many are only coming to rip you. And believe you me, they don't really give a fck about you! They'll still be ahead in backstabbing you!

Had a dude I lent some sum. Day he said he'd pay, he didn't pay. I didn't disturb him. I don't disturb my debtors...I only use that as a yardstick never to borrow them again. A month later, man is asking me for another sum without paying the other. Oh what a fool he thought I was. I reminded him of the other one...and his paying up before asking of a new one. Man got angry.

Another dude I always flexed had the same character. Cos we go out to expensive amusement places...sometimes Chicken Republic to just pass some time...sometimes other places.. just to chase boredom
. If it was I, I don't mind staying without the company...I enjoy time with myself ...but he's always on the let's chill shit. Well, I pay without feeling guilty at all. Like he's never paid for the meal. This shit has been happening like it's normal. What caught my attention one time is when we went there, I excused myself to ease my nose of the catarrh disturbing me. When I returned, he was like 'order food, let's eat.' Oh really? I didn't really even take that to heart that much until we went to another local place to do the local cusines and when we finished eating, he was like 'pay let's go.'

I say wow. This is sb I make sure I pay every dime for any service he renders to me. And even when he has issues, I support financially....even when his car broke down.

Once I knew I was a fool, na there I block en number leave. No much talk.
You and the person you quote diverts from the topic.

No one accused you from your assertion. Just a story of you being in charge at every event.
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by Mrkindness: 7:00am On Jul 31, 2023
Heroicvic:

Accuser😂

Btw are you the same kindness I know, just asking
I am kindness and who ever that comes to me receive kindness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by Heroicvic(m): 9:14am On Jul 31, 2023
Mrkindness:
I am kindness and who ever that comes to me receive kindness

I use to Know a kindness
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by Owanmayor6: 9:52am On Jul 31, 2023
I didn't react on my own. There's something called eleda that brought the person back to apologize.

That's why I don't like engaging with people to an extent that they will cheat on me or lied against me. Because the person will suffer or lost something then come back to apologize.
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by olamilarks(m): 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2023
was wrongly accused of stealing a phone at ICM in 2017, Thank God for CCTV, naso them for Lynch me that day. I stood outside their store and made a scene until they came outside and apologized.
Re: Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly And How Do You React by Banbanna(m): 12:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
This your story now sounds very funny 😂, although it wasn't back then when you were in that situation. Which kind woman be that sef? So she dey feel say you go just waylay her & rob her of her atm card? She was just too petty. That na some kind village woman behavior
Mmuussttii:
one werey woman accuse me say I dey try to look her ATM pin because I stand for her back when she dey type her pin to withdraw money from POS, omo I no gree oo I defend myself Wella, the woman say I be theif, according to her I don plan with my fellow thieves so that we go attack her collect the money wey she withdraw for road, she wan snap me with her phone I no gree, some people even dey support her say if I no gree her snap me them go beat me, I later allow her snap my face but the werey still tell me to shine teeth so that she go snap my open teeth. Omo that day no funny oo, I com dey wonder if the woman dey mad ni, aswear to God I no get any motive of trying to know her pin, I nearly cry that day Sha, but I leave everything for God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

White Guys Appreciation Thread / One Of Kano State Beautiful Flyover Built By Kwankwaso / Saudi Arabia King Buys Gold Toilet As Wedding Present For His Princess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.