Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,861 members, 7,909,229 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 08:17 PM

How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder (1157 Views)

Is Nasco TV With Inbuilt Satellite Working In Nigeria? / Have You Heard Of The Free TV With Free Channels In Nigeria? / How Durable Are Plasma Tvs With Inbuilt DVD Player? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder by Gentlelox: 12:20am On Aug 03, 2023
I bought a andriod tv for my sister and had to include a strong/mytv dish/plate for her. I was able to mount the dish successfully facing the right direction like that of her neighbors. I did a manual scan and then automatic scan but no channel came.

I need help in setting it up. The tv is an Android tv with an inbuilt decoder.

Please I will appreciate if my concerns are addressed.
Re: How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder by Galaxydon1(m): 1:42am On Aug 03, 2023
Gentlelox:
I bought a smart tv for my sister and had to include a strong/mytv dish/plate for her. I was able to mount the dish successfully facing the right direction like that of her neighbors. I did a manual scan and then automatic scan but no channel came.

I need help in setting it up. The tv is a smart tv with an inbuilt decoder.

Please I will appreciate if my concerns are addressed.
call people that specialize in it,
Re: How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder by Gentlelox: 6:42am On Aug 03, 2023
Galaxydon1:
call people that specialize in it,
none around
Re: How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder by Gentlelox: 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
Ok Done.

Solved!
Re: How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder by Psady(m): 8:59am On Aug 04, 2023
Gentlelox:
Ok Done.

Solved!
please kindly share how u got it done,myself and some other is seeking for such knowledge.
How much was the total cost for strong decoder& dish?
Re: How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder by Gentlelox: 10:22am On Aug 04, 2023
Psady:
please kindly share how u got it done,myself and some other is seeking for such knowledge.
How much was the total cost for strong decoder& dish?
the dish plate and accessories is 5500. Although someone told me it 4500.

I bought the wire which is 5yards for 1k... I didn't price it cos I was tired of talking that day... Bt it shouldn't be more than 50 to 70Naira per yard.

The TV has an inbuilt decoder. It an Android tv with a screen touch function. I just connected the LNB to the dish using YouTube tutorials. I connected the wire and then to my Tv Direct.

I entered, Menu... Network And Connectivity... Then Manual Scanning Of Signal.

It picked more than 120 channels that are free to air. Though most of them are useless cos they are mostly Church and Spiritualist channels.

I got MBCs too but the MBCs channels affiliates are foreign spoken language channels.

Overall it good. The TV really helped. It has a voice Alexa command that i can command to scan, delete or even change channel, increase Volume and perform other functions without pressing the remote...
Re: How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder by Psady(m): 11:12am On Aug 04, 2023
Wow! Just like that.
The android TV must have cost u much ,owing to the fact it came with an inbuilt decorder.
I will try it out someday when I purchase a strong dish ,my only worries is am not really sure my smart TV has an inbuilt decoder, may be I will need a strong decoder to complete mine. Did u come across some encrypted channels (locked) when searching?
Re: How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder by Gentlelox: 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
Psady:
Wow! Just like that.
The android TV must have cost u much ,owing to the fact it came with an inbuilt decorder.
I will try it out someday when I purchase a strong dish ,my only worries is am not really sure my smart TV has an inbuilt decoder, may be I will need a strong decoder to complete mine. Did u come across some encrypted channels (locked) when searching?
check d back of ur TV... If possible snap it and drop the picture here let me see if it has inbuilt decoder...

And yes I met some encrypted channels... I will find a way to subscribe to them cos someone mentioned he did it.

What model and made is your tv?
Re: How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder by Psady(m): 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
Gentlelox:
check d back of ur TV... If possible snap it and drop the picture here let me see if it has inbuilt decoder...

And yes I met some encrypted channels... I will find a way to subscribe to them cos someone mentioned he did it.

What model and made is your tv?
Tried twice to upload the pics here but it wouldn't, it's a Philips 43' smart TV.
Re: How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder by Gentlelox: 7:36am On Aug 05, 2023
Psady:
Tried twice to upload the pics here but it wouldn't, it's a Philips 43' smart TV.
What's the model let me check it online... As in the model number
Re: How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder by Psady(m): 9:06pm On Aug 05, 2023
Gentlelox:
What's the model let me check it online... As in the model number
I just need bring it down from the wall to check for the model number, give me by tomorrow. But from what I read online , it has a twin tuner and has a sattelite port, to insert a coaxial cable into . So I wonder why no mention of decoder? U could try this model it's similar to mine but it's a 55 inches .65PUT6400/12
Re: How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder by Jeon(f): 8:14pm On Oct 25, 2023
Gentlelox:
the dish plate and accessories is 5500. Although someone told me it 4500.

I bought the wire which is 5yards for 1k... I didn't price it cos I was tired of talking that day... Bt it shouldn't be more than 50 to 70Naira per yard.

The TV has an inbuilt decoder. It an Android tv with a screen touch function. I just connected the LNB to the dish using YouTube tutorials. I connected the wire and then to my Tv Direct.

I entered, Menu... Network And Connectivity... Then Manual Scanning Of Signal.

It picked more than 120 channels that are free to air. Though most of them are useless cos they are mostly Church and Spiritualist channels.

I got MBCs too but the MBCs channels affiliates are foreign spoken language channels.

Overall it good. The TV really helped. It has a voice Alexa command that i can command to scan, delete or even change channel, increase Volume and perform other functions without pressing the remote...

Good evening, pls wher are you residing.
I am very interested in that strong dish.

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder by Gentlelox: 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2023
Jeon:

Good evening, pls wher are you residing.
I am very interested in that strong dish.
I'm in Delta State. But you can order and have it waybilled to you.
Re: How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder by Jeon(f): 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2023
Gentlelox:
I'm in Delta State. But you can order and have it waybilled to you.
Price?

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Scan For Channel On My Android Tv With Inbuilt Decoder by Gentlelox: 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2023
Jeon:

Price?
everything is around 7k

On second thought, they ought to have it everywhere including your location too

(1) (Reply)

Desperate Housewives!! Please keep me up to date / Cock Crows At Dawn - The Adio´s Family - Village Headmaster Etc - Your Favourite / Have You Ever Seen Any Of This New Nollywood Movies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.