Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,067 members, 7,890,512 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:12 PM

Stop Blaming The Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Blaming The Leaders (662 Views)

Secondus Under Attack For Blaming Amaechi For His Arrest / Ben Bruce Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Blaming Of GEJ For Fuel Scarcity (photos) / Fashola Mocked On Twitter For Blaming GEJ Over Lekki Robbery With #fasholajoker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Blaming The Leaders by crux84: 9:35am On Oct 12, 2011
Nigeria ranked 41 out of 51 in the recently released Mo Ibrahim index on good governance ranked. I have had the opportunity of reading the reactions of Nigerians to the ranking. I was not surprised at the comments people were making. Calling Nigeria names, blaming our leaders and so forth.

The ugly truth we need to come to terms with is that our leaders are a reflection of the society. I believe that our generation will even be worse than the old generation. Look at people like Bankole; young, Harvard educated and so forth, what difference did he make? He was as corrupt as the next person.

The question we should ask is how does my actions affect the people around me. When we are able to instil the right values in our children and the people we influence, that is when this country will move forward. Everybody wants to get his own cut not thinking about the big picture.

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Defeat Anenih Again, Says Oshiomhole. / With These Words Is Gej Still A Weak Leader? / Nnpc, Pppra Deductions Of N330b Stall Monthly Allocations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.