Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,453 members, 7,937,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 10:59 PM

Best And Worst States In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best And Worst States In Nigeria (16729 Views)

The Worst States For Black Americans / Best And Worst States In Nigeria In Terms Of Relative Peace / Best And Worst States In Nigeria In Terms Of Relative Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by PhysicsQED(m): 12:12pm On Oct 13, 2011
The following states were described as healthy and therefore can pay the 30-per-cent incremental wage bill. They are: Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Delta, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kebbi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Oyo and Rivers.

Hmmm. . .

Something is being left out of this report.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by htajz: 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2011
dagboss:

After carefully reading through the thread i can not see where a starting gun was shot for another ethnic bashing. Unfortunately most of the Yoruba boys/girls in NL may not have had the opportunity of travelling to some parts of the country where some of their aggressors come from, hence you fight from a disadvantage position knowing that most of your foes have all abandoned their clans for the south west. Even though our people say that an "adult should not join in a game of show of private parts", i get sick of some of the gabbage some of these guys post about the south west, and i restrain myself a lot not to join issues with anybody believing that those people doing that are likely to be minors. As an addition i travelled round the whole states of the federation by road between late January and March this year and this is not the first time in most of the locations and i know what i saw.

if you know the population of yorubas in the south south you will never open your stinking mouth again in your life, south west is the most backward part of southern nigeria and dats a fact, in your silly mind your trying to lump nigerias capital lagos as south west, why not tell us about your backward villages and shanties like oyo,ogun,ekiti,osun and ondo, even my village with all the spillage is like london compared to all the capital cities in the south west.

mumu thread have also proved the backwardness of these south west states, illieteracy and poverty rate in nigeria have also proved t ,you people better do something about it rather than running your mouth anyhow. the south south are getting juicy federal allocation today because they dont live in self denial ,also we can see that the constant whining of the south east is paying off for them while dumies like you in the sw keep living in denial while poverty swallow you up .
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by minimynimo(m): 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2011
I wish you asked the Best and Worst Governor.

I will tell you the most hopeless, useless, callous, insensitive, ignorant, barbaric, unproductive governor in Nigeria is THEODOR ORJI UZO of Abia State. The man deserves a bullet in the head and in the groin. Because of him ABIA is the worst state for me. I am from there.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by emmke(m): 1:28pm On Oct 13, 2011
Areosapien:

LMAOOO! You're clearly a local Idoma village dunce, so your ignorance-induced stupidity is pardonable. Have I not visited this Benue for my youth service? Mr man, don't use the anonymity of the internet to come lie about your dying state, cuz there might just be someone lurking in the corner to take you to the cleaners. Tell me, is Ogboko not a glorified onion village? What do you have? And which of your men feed better than Igbos? Which of your men even have jobs besides picking pockets? Are Igbos not the ones still in charge of the high paying jobs there? My cousin owns a large boutique right at the heart of Ogboko, and the only thing the men around there are good at, is breaking into the shop in the dark of the night, to cart away with panties and lingerie! FACT! So, don't even come here to lie about things, e hear?Exactly! You've even helped confirm my points that the Igbos there ain't suffering. Now tell me, would they be packing things if they couldn't afford it? The typical Igbo man lifestyle is to enjoy life to the fullest, while hustling as the days go by. Now, tell me, how many Benue people do you even se :Pe working in other states? Oh, my guess exactly - Zero, since they're useless to the society and themselves grin
hey idiota nyamiri u are a big mumu. Am not even idoma, haha. Truth is regardless of whatever this thread is saying, we all know u people cant even stay in your land, cos is just not livable, haha, and u keep flocking to other people's land, even as u are being killed daily. Come to think of it, is ur land that terrible that u cant go back even in the mist of danger? Lol. I mean igbos have the highest casualties, cumulatively, from the various crisis in the history of this country. All because u just cant stay in that ur erosion ridden land. Now u are insulting benue people, a people that are most likely accommodating ur brothers (something u people are not good at). No wonder no one likes u in nigeria. Go and sleep nyamiri. Hahahà. wawa ka wai
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by emmke(m): 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2011
presido1:

They are travelling to the city(SE) so they have to buy foodstuffs from the rural area(Benue) and those in rural area are happy selling to them cos, once they travel for like two weeks nobody in the rural area(BENUE) can afford to pay the price of those food stuffs.
benue a village u all cant stop trooping to. SE the city y'all cant wait to leave. Am not from benue, but i can tell u benue is far more livable than ur crime-erosion-kidnapping-ritualistic ridden SE.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by oneking(m): 3:47pm On Oct 13, 2011
What is it about the Ibo man that makes him a kind of demi-god among tribes in Nigeria ?
Some people cannot sleep at nights in there wishful thinking to be like him, others out of jealousy for
these industrious and prosperous people turned to haters , free the Ibo man pls,
dem too much !
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by PhysicsQED(m): 4:12pm On Oct 13, 2011
The following states were described as healthy and therefore can pay the 30-per-cent incremental wage bill. They are: Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Delta, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kebbi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Oyo and Rivers.

Is there anyone here living in Bauchi, Gombe, Jigawa, or Kebbi that can explain to an ignorant outsider like myself where all their revenue is coming from? I know we have other resources besides oil, but the economic and other statistics for these states are consistently pitiful.

Perhaps the real reason why they can pay the minimum wage more easily is because there are fewer people legally or formally employed there. . .
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by rhymz(m): 6:44pm On Oct 13, 2011
I am very Proud of Igbo People, we have got to be the most determined set of the black race. It is a common fact that the Igbo people have an even distribution of wealth than any other tribe, hence our better standard of living when compared to other Nigerian tribes. People make a lot of uninformed comments about the SS and most especially the SE, many of our SWestern brothers need to leave their comfort zone and see other part of the south and Nigeria at large. Nigeria does not revolve around the SW alone as they always seem to believe, there are other states doing well too if not better.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by seanet02: 7:14pm On Oct 13, 2011
Best State is Lagos State!!!
Worst State is Imo State where a sitting Governor appointed the special adviser on Comedy
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by wireless05: 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2011
thank you my brother SLAP 1, what has this issue got to do with 2 out of 5 in SE and 2 out of 6 in SW?

does that address the issue? so south east is happy that 2 of their states are healthy as compared to 2 from the south west, these kind of people should be deleted by the moderators.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by aljharem3: 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2011
rhymz:

I am very Proud of Igbo People, we have got to be the most determined set of the black race. It is a common fact that the Igbo people have an even distribution of wealth than any other tribe, hence our better standard of living when compared to other Nigerian tribes. People make a lot of uninformed comments about the SS and most especially the SE, many of our SWestern brothers need to leave their comfort zone and see other part of the south and Nigeria at large. Nigeria does not revolve around the SW alone as they always seem to believe, there are other states doing well too if not better.

Rhymez you need to understand that Swesterners don't like going to the SEast

I travel a lot and meet large yoruba communities in the SS (delta, rivers, cross river and awka ibom) also in the north where they control the cab company in the region

People in general don't like going to the SEast that does not mean they do not travel.

Even hausa that go to the SEast don't stay there for long.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 10:32pm On Oct 13, 2011
alj_harem:

I travel a lot and meet large yoruba communities in the SS (delta, rivers, cross river and awka ibom) also in the north where they control the cab company in the region

People in general don't like going to the SEast that does not mean they do not travel.

and you think is a good thing well that will tell you that the country need to divide  cool hatred on SE will never solve Nigerian problem is going to make it worst,
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2011
Posted by: alj_harem

Al-goat you need to have your head examined.
Nnewi alone host more Hausa than I can imagine. If I have my way, they won't stay there.
Ontisha hosts even more. And they keep returning after reprisal killings.

Yoruba is in SE but they ride Okada.

Other Nigerians (like SS folks) are more in number naturally, cos we are brothers.  cool

Overall, we don't give a rats a55 if anyone stayed or not because it doesn't depend on us; just like it doesn't depend on our hosts to have us in their lands. Most of them do their best to drive us out. But we will leave willingly when we get our country BIAFRA.  cool
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

Nnewi alone host more Hausa than I can imagine. If I have my way, they won't stay there.

Other Nigerians (like SS folks) are more in number naturally, cos we are brothers.  cool

Overall, we don't give a rats a55 if anyone stayed or not because it doesn't depend on us; just like it doesn't depend on our hosts to have us in their lands. Most of them do their best to drive us out. But we will leave willingly when we get our country BIAFRA.  cool

GBAM
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by aljharem3: 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

You are right but my point is hausa and yorubas don't like going to the SE

I know yorubas that have lived in warri and borno all there lifes even to 2-3 generations

same with fulani and hausa that have lived in the SW all there lifes

same with Igbos in the north and SW

but it is rare to see the same case in the SE, what I mean is it is rare to see as you call it Yoruba or hausa to have 2-3 generations in the SE.

that does not mean they are not there.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 10:45pm On Oct 13, 2011
^^

Read my lips: WE DON'T CARE.

It is like saying that a Japanese would care to know whether a Somali is in Japan or not.  undecided
The Jap is busy inventing things and growing his business.

Only lazy folks count non-indegenes in their land. cool
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by SouthEast2: 11:06pm On Oct 13, 2011
alj_harem:

You are right but my point is hausa and yorubas don't like going to the SE

I know yorubas that have lived in warri and borno all there lifes even to 2-3 generations

same with fulani and hausa that have lived in the SW all there lifes

same with Igbos in the north and SW

but it is rare to see the same case in the SE, what I mean is it is rare to see as you call it Yoruba or hausa to have 2-3 generations in the SE.

You are a fake pundit. Your lies will always find you out. It was here on NL that we read an hausa man who has lived in Igboland for 81 years with his family.
You have not stepped your feet outside your Yorubaland; so stop claiming. Okay!!!!
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 11:15pm On Oct 13, 2011
Nawa oo!
So we already have dying states in Nigeria shocked
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by aljharem3: 11:57pm On Oct 13, 2011
South.East:

You are a fake pundit. Your lies will always find you out. It was here on NL that we read an hausa man who has lived in Igboland for 81 years with his family.
You have not stepped your feet outside your Yorubaland; so stop claiming. Okay!!!!

did you read my post at all or you just felt like insulting me

alj_harem:

Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:13am On Oct 14, 2011
Quote from: alj_harem

What you are trying to do is called Sophistry, or outright deceit.
Show me a Yoruba or Hausa that has lived in SS (Eastern region part) for 2 -3 generations. undecided
The civil war caused that.

You can find Yorubas in the North who has stayed there 2-3 generations because they are brothers with aboki. cool
They are same culture. cool
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 14, 2011
To be honest, until SE stop this raging kidnaping and gang ra ping, [size=18pt]I[/size] will not be stepping inside that region. As for the North, no compromise there, wouldnt even touch it with my 5k yard stick.

Calabar is the closest I'd go beyond the SW.

tongue tongue
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:21am On Oct 14, 2011
Posted by: Ileke-IdI

To be honest, until SE stop this raging kidnaping and gang ra ping, I will not be stepping inside that region. As for the North, no compromise there, wouldnt even touch it with my 5k yard stick.

Calabar is the closest I'd go beyond the SW.

You are already in the North; 2-3 generations, according to alj Harem.
You are brothers with aboki. You even share language sef. No need denying ya broda. grin

I would worry about the dogs in your land than worry about SE.  cool
Dem dogs have been very busy. I wouldn't want to be a woman in odua.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Ileke-IdI
You are already in the North; 2-3 generations, according to alj Harem.
You are brothers with aboki. You even share language sef. No need denying ya broda. grin

I would worry about the dogs in your land than worry about SE.  cool

Sorry, I'm not socially defined, so let me reemphasize on the "[size=18pt]I[/size]"  that I used to describe myself.

The "dogs" in my state are well trained. The devil you know is better than the devil  you see from afar.
And the women in odua have been safe this past months/year compared to other regions I've been reading about.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:27am On Oct 14, 2011
^^

That is not what statistics show.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by aljharem3: 12:27am On Oct 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

Quote from: alj_harem
What you are trying to do is called Sophistry, or outright deceit.
Show me a Yoruba or Hausa that has lived in SS (Eastern region part) for 2 -3 generations. undecided
The civil war caused that.

You can find Yorubas in the North who has stayed there 2-3 generations because they are brothers with aboki.  cool
They are same culture.  cool

Yes yorubas are brothers and so are the igbos, I know some igbo that have stayed in the north for generations

I can not show you any yoruba that have stayed in the SS for genertions the only person that comes to mind right now is a comedian TY etc

Warri, calabar and port harcourt house large amount of SWerners infact duing the canival in port harcount, they were singing some of there songs in yoruba, same with calabar.

Go to the SW where there are large amount of Igbos, the cannival have some igbo songs and even some cultural shows.

The culture in cannival I guess show case the influence of the people in the region.

I can not go to Ibadan and be showing Jukun culture since I know no one would patronize me or even understand what I am doing or the language I am saying.

I hope you understand me, the whole point of this discussion is to erase the lie you people are passing around that Yorubas don't leave there region. That is a lie and a big one for that matter.

if they do not leave there region, they would have representation in kano government.

go to adamawa, they have huge numbers there

also they would not be crying marginzation in delta, enugu etc states. But of course yorubas and hausas are not noticed because they blend well and don't make noise all over the place that they travel; reason for this is that, they see no point in it and done keep tabs on other ethnic groups and how travelled they are compared to themselves.

Tell me anywhere in Nigeria, you would not find a yoruba or hausa man in ?

so rhymes and co should stop making noise about how travelled yoruba are or are not
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^

That is not what statistics show.

Statistics from 2003?
Same statistic that does not specify on which group are reporting esp since SW is a harbor for the rest of Nigeria.
grin
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by jason123: 12:29am On Oct 14, 2011
@Onlytruth and Alj harem

Most people that I have met (especially Yorubas, some Ssoutherners and Northerners) do not want to go to the SE because of the SE stereotype not Eastern region. I have met Yorubas and Hausas who have stayed in the SS for many years, especially in Port harcourt, Benin city and Warri; some in Calabar.

Not to be "tribal" but I think its the fear of some of the things they have heard.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:30am On Oct 14, 2011

also they would not be crying marginzation in delta, [size=14pt]enugu[/size] etc states. But of course yorubas and hausas are not noticed because they blend well and don't make noise all over the place that they travel; reason for this is that, they see no point in it and done keep tabs on other ethnic groups and how travelled they are compared to themselves.

I thought you said there are no sizeable Yorubas in SE?
Is it only few Yoruba people in Enugu that are crying marginalization and expecting FREE LAND. undecided
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 14, 2011
jason123:

@Onlytruth and Alj harem

Most people that I have met (especially Yorubas, some Ssoutherners and Northerners) do not want to go to the SE because of the SE stereotype not Eastern region. I have met Yorubas and Hausas who have stayed in the SS for many years, especially in Port harcourt, Benin city and Warri; some in Calabar.

Not to be "tribal" but I think its the fear of some of the things they have heard.
Ohh I want to go to PH and Calabar cool
Calabars love Yorubas, so I've heard. tongue tongue
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by jason123: 12:32am On Oct 14, 2011
alj_harem:

Yes yorubas are brothers and so are the igbos, I know some igbo that have stayed in the north for generations

I can not show you any yoruba that have stayed in the SS for genertions the only person that comes to mind right now is a comedian TY etc

Warri, calabar and port harcourt house large amount of SWerners infact duing the canival in port harcount, they were singing some of there songs in yoruba, same with calabar.

Go to the SW where there are large amount of Igbos, the cannival have some igbo songs and even some cultural shows.

The culture in cannival I guess show case the influence of the people in the region.

I can not go to Ibadan and be showing Jukun culture since I know no one would patronize me or even understand what I am doing or the language I am saying.

I hope you understand me, the whole point of this discussion is to erase the lie you people are passing around that Yorubas don't leave there region. That is a lie and a big one for that matter.

if they do not leave there region, they would have representation in kano government.

go to adamawa, they have huge numbers there

also they would not be crying marginzation in delta, enugu etc states. But of course yorubas and hausas are not noticed because they blend well and don't make noise all over the place that they travel; reason for this is that, they see no point in it and done keep tabs on other ethnic groups and how travelled they are compared to themselves.

Tell me anywhere in Nigeria, you would not find a yoruba or hausa man in ?

so rhymes and co should stop making noise about how travelled yoruba are or are not

You are blessed.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by aljharem3: 12:32am On Oct 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

I thought you said there are no sizeable Yorubas in SE?
Is it only few people in Enugu that is crying marginalization and expecting FREE LAND. undecided

Listen, I said you rarely find people of 2-3 generations in the SE that does not mean they are not there

read my post again

alj_harem:

They are well travelled but don't like making it a permanent home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Grid Collapse Triggers Nationwide Blackout / Dolapo Osinbajo And Nneoma Okorocha At The Launch Of Elfreeda Foundation In Imo / Gunmen Open Fire On Benue Man, Abduct Security Guard In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.