Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,976 members, 7,903,114 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 03:30 AM

Best And Worst States In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best And Worst States In Nigeria (16709 Views)

The Worst States For Black Americans / Best And Worst States In Nigeria In Terms Of Relative Peace / Best And Worst States In Nigeria In Terms Of Relative Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:36am On Oct 14, 2011
Posted by: jason123

@Onlytruth and Alj harem

Most people that I have met (especially Yorubas, some Ssoutherners and Northerners) do not want to go to the SE because of the SE stereotype not Eastern region. I have met Yorubas and Hausas who have stayed in the SS for many years, especially in Port harcourt, Benin city and Warri; some in Calabar.

Not to be "tribal" but I think its the fear of some of the things they have heard.

The population of Hausa in Igboland is mind boggling. It is part of what we have to live with as Nigerians.
As for Yoruba, they are there as well, just not contributing much, and they are expecting FREE land, when Igboman don't even get that in Igboland. Every land we own in ANY part of Nigeria is paid for.  cool
As for SS, aboki and his Yoruba brothers are there stealing oil.
The Ijaw just woke up yesterday to start telling aboki to leave.
Just wait, it ain't time yet to compare notes.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by jason123: 12:36am On Oct 14, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Ohh I want to go to PH and Calabar cool
Calabars love Yorubas, so I've heard. tongue tongue

Those cities are good, so I have heard. PH and Calabar people are "open minded"(at least, the ones I have met), if you get what I mean. I have not seen any, go into this tribal discussions both on Nl and real life. . . .and please, believe people when they say that Calabar women are sexual goddess! In fact, they are too much!!!
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:41am On Oct 14, 2011
Posted by: alj_harem

Listen, [b]I said you rarely find people of 2-3 generations in the SE [/b]that does not mean they are not there

read my post again

The SE is a region that bear the brunt of most attacks in the North.
And when our people return, you expect them to shake aboki's hand and say thank you for killing us in your land. undecided

Have you counted the number of riots that happened in the north in the last 40 years since the end of civil war?
Let me tell you, if Igbos are as smart as I hope they'll get one day, there will not be a single aboki anywhere in Igboland, just like I do not want a single Igbo in the North. Simple.  cool
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by aljharem3: 12:41am On Oct 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

The population of Hausa in Igboland is mind boggling. It is part of what we have to live with as Nigerians.
As for Yoruba, they are there as well, just not contributing much, and they are expecting FREE land, when Igboman don't even get that in Igboland. Every land we own in ANY part of Nigeria is paid for.  cool
As for SS, aboki and his Yoruba brothers are there stealing oil.
The Ijaw just woke up yesterday to start telling aboki to leave.
Just wait, it ain't time yet to compare notes.

No one is demanding free land

Leave the ijaw matters for Ijaws. How would an ijaw man know the difference between a fulani to a hausa to yoruba to an edo muslim etc

You think is by name

Gani fahewmi son is Mohammed so how would they tell the difference ?

what of igala, tiv, idoma, berom etc. Are they all Abokis as you say it ?
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by aljharem3: 12:45am On Oct 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

The SE is a region that bear the brunt of most attacks in the North.
And when our people return, you expect them to shake aboki's hand and say thank you for killing us in your land. undecided

Have you counted the number of riots that happened in the north in the last 40 years since the end of civil war?
Let me tell you, if Igbos are as smart as I hope they'll get one day, there will not be a single aboki anywhere in Igboland, just like I do not want a single Igbo in the North. Simple.  cool

Onlytruth, you have started with this bigotry again

what attack ?

if you know the amount of hausas killed in the north daily, you would not be talking like this

what of yoruba people that die ?

Think of it as a nation where we have touts that kill people and not as a northern thing

In the south, people die from One CHANCE everyday all in the name of money

what do we say about that ?

Do we say it is a southern thing ? certainly not

Do not try to separate a section as violent be look at it as a whole entity ie A NATION with bad eggs
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:45am On Oct 14, 2011

No one is demanding free land

Leave the ijaw matters for Ijaws. How would an ijaw man know the difference between a fulani to a hausa to yoruba to an edo muslim etc

You think is by name

Gani fahewmi son is Mohammed so how would they tell the difference ?

what of igala, tiv, idoma, berom etc. Are they all Abokis as you say it ?

EXACTLY. The Ijaw will handle their own business, just like we are handling ours. You don't see me speaking for them.
I only relayed what they stated themselves.

You think they don't know who is who? Just wait and watch.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:50am On Oct 14, 2011

Onlytruth, you have started with this bigotry again

what attack ?

if you know the amount of hausas killed in the north daily, you would not be talking like this

what of yoruba people that die ?

Think of it as a nation where we have touts that kill people and not as a northern thing

In the south, people die from One CHANCE everyday all in the name of money

what do we say about that ?

Do we say it is a southern thing ? certainly not

Do not try to separate a section as violent be look at it as a whole entity ie A NATION with bad eggs

You see, this is THE PROBLEM with Nigeria.
We are DIFFERENT people with different mindset, values, spirit etc.
You expect an Igbo person to handle the issue of a family member's death just like a Yoruba or Hausa? You see? undecided undecided
They day you understand how wrong you are about this issue is the day of your enlightenment.
As for now, you HAVE NO CLUE. undecided
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by jason123: 12:52am On Oct 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

EXACTLY. The Ijaw will handle their own business, just like we are handling ours. You don't see me speaking for them.
I only relayed what they stated themselves.

You think they don't know who is who? Just wait and watch.

No, they don't. For example, you can't tell the difference between an Akoko Edo man and an Ondo Yoruba man. The Yorubas cannot tell the difference between an Itsekiri man and a Edo man or Uhrobo. The Hausa cannot tell the difference between an Ufot and an Emeka. Its like that in Nigeria.

Likewise, the Ijaw cannot tell the difference between a Hausa man, a Yoruba, Edo muslim and an Igala man.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by jason123: 12:53am On Oct 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

You expect an Igbo person to handle the issue of a family member's death just like a Yoruba or Hausa? You see? undecided undecided
They day you understand how wrong you are about this issue is the day of your enlightenment.

TBH, I can't fault this. We are[b] fundamentally[/b] different.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by aljharem3: 12:55am On Oct 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

I am not trying to tell you that killing is right, all i am saying is people do die and it not done based on ethnicity

that is the point
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:56am On Oct 14, 2011

No, they don't. For example, you can't tell the difference between an Akoko Edo man and an Ondo Yoruba man. The Yorubas cannot tell the difference between an Itsekiri man and a Edo man or Uhrobo. The Hausa cannot tell the difference between an Ufot and an Emeka. Its like that in Nigeria.

Likewise, the Ijaw cannot tell the difference between a Hausa man, a Yoruba, Edo muslim and an Igala man.

Frankly, it ain't my business. Wait until an Ijaw comes along here. But I wouldn't underestimate their ability to screen out folks; afterall even aboki did a great job separating Igbos from Yorubas and other southerners during their bloodbath against Igbos in the north.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by jason123: 1:00am On Oct 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

Frankly, it ain't my business. Wait until an Ijaw comes along here. But I wouldn't underestimate their ability to screen out folks; afterall even aboki did a great job separating Igbos from Yorubas and other southerners during their bloodbath against Igbos in the north.
When was this? After the election? If it's that you are referring to, then, you are wrong. Every southerner was killed. In fact, more Yorubas and SSoutherners were killed and it was unnoticed unlike the Igbos because they were more proactive about it.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by publisher(m): 1:04am On Oct 14, 2011
[size=13pt]To all Yoruba folks in Nigeria,the earlier some of you allow Awolowo and his legacies to rest in peace,the better for Yorubaland.
I still have a problem with Lagos being counted as a south western state and being bragged by Yorubas as evidence of their achievement. Lagos was Nigeria's capital for like a hundred years. Wont it be utterly ridiculous if in many years time Abuja becomes Nigeria's 37th state,the Gwaris now start claiming that Abuja is their achievement?

Ibadan and Abeokuta are THE ONLY real cities that Yorubas can truly lay claims on,every other south western city village is an eyesore to say the least,the array of brown rusted roofs in most of these cities is depressing. Its like these towns just stopped developing right where Awolowo left them in the 60s. There is no exotic city in south western Nigeria,except their 'EKO'.
In the south east,though the region had over the years being deliberately starved of quality infrastructural development by federal government,the region has surpassed many expectations. Onitsha and Aba,though with serious infrastructural challenges are VERY viable industrial towns,with prospects of even bigger growth. I've not even mentioned Nnewi areas. When i first visited Enugu and Owerri,i was shocked at the exotic nature of those cities,i didnt see the horizon of brown rusted rooftops like the ones in Osogbo,Ogbomosho,Ife,Abeokuta and 80% of Ibadan. Owerri was particularly enchanting and magic. In the south south there's Uyo and Calabar,Uyo is gradually turning into a sort of Dubai,their new structures are fantastic.

The problem with most core Yorubas is that they honour and worship politicians who are only good at scoring political points without any corresponding developmental points. On the other hand,Igboland has the worst politicians on the planet but the igbo private individuals are too industrous for any modern developments to ellude them,especially in trade and commerce.
When will Yorubas produce a Donald Duke that took up an obscure CrossRivers state known for dog meat and okada rider,but has now become the tourism capital of Nigeria. Ondo state should be the tourism capital of Southwest Nigeria with its breath taking landscape and long beaches (Yes,Ondo has fantastic undeveloped beaches) but that is not happening. You guys are just busy waiting for Tinubu to fart on your faces before you guys realise how stinking Yoruba leadership has been since the demise of Awolowo.[/size]
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:06am On Oct 14, 2011

I am not trying to tell you that killing is right, all i am saying is people do die and it not done based on ethnicity

that is the point

I have two information to share with you here.

The first is that throughout the civil war, Biafra never fielded more than 40,000 soldiers at one time (I wait for someone to prove me wrong), while Nigeria fielded hundreds of thousands at each time.
So, the Biafrans made sure that before one Biafran soldier died, about 10 Nigerians must have been killed. That is how Biafra was able to fight for almost three years. 'Biafra has a different view on life.

Secondly, if an Igbo man dies, he is MOURNED for many days and his family never forgets him.
If aboki dies today, he is thrown inside the earth within 24 hours and everybody continues as if nothing happened. undecided

If we have Biafra tomorrow, we may not have more than 100 thousand soldiers at one time; but we will make sure that they are trained and equipped enough to be able to defeat an army of 1 million.

That is a fundamental difference. We are not the same.  cool
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by aljharem3: 1:10am On Oct 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

I have two information to share with you here.

The first is that throughout the civil war, Biafra never fielded more than 40,000 soldiers at one time (I wait for someone to prove me wrong), while Nigeria fielded hundreds of thousands at each time.
So, the Biafrans made sure that before one Biafran soldier died, about 10 Nigerians must have been killed. That is how Biafra was able to fight for almost three years. 'Biafra has a different view on life.

Secondly, if an Igbo man dies, he is MOURNED for many days and his family never forgets him.
If aboki dies today, he is thrown inside the earth within 24 hours and everybody continues as if nothing happened. undecided

If we have Biafra tomorrow, we may not have more than 100 thousand soldiers at one time; but we will make sure that they are trained and equipped enough to be able to defeat an army of 1 million.

That is a fundamental difference. We are not the same.  cool

I see your point but it is a very wrong point.

Now tell me which person on earth would not feel pain and mourn for days if his family member dies ?

tell me, and really i don't want to enter this biafra discussion
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:15am On Oct 14, 2011

I see your point but it is a very wrong point.

Now tell me which person on earth would not feel pain and mourn for days if his family member dies ?

tell me, and really i don't want to enter this biafra discussion

No you don't see my point.
I am yet to see an Igbo person that would kill a pregnant woman and cut out her foetus.
Or kill a baby girl and cut her brains out.

IT CAN NEVER HAPPEN in Igboland. IT HAPPENS in the North.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by aljharem3: 1:20am On Oct 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

No you don't see my point.
I am yet to see an Igbo person that would kill a pregnant woman and cut out her foetus.
Or kill a baby girl and cut her brains out.

IT CAN NEVER HAPPEN in Igboland. IT HAPPENS in the North.

@Bolded

We have seen and heard that, In fact it is part of our history during the civil war

the second point as well occured , C.O in lagos

etc

so do not act as if hausa is bad and Igbo is good

we are all the same but have few bad eggs in our mist

this is the message I am trying to past across to you
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:26am On Oct 14, 2011

so do not act as if hausa is bad and Igbo is good

we are all the same but have few bad eggs in our mist

this is the message I am trying to past across to you

The bolded is the other mistake you make.
You (and many Yoruba people here) think that this is about being "good" or "bad".
This is about fundamental difference in mindset and value system.
I have seen y'all mocking the death of innocent children in Biafra many times too.

So, I don't care about being "good". I am different from you.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by aljharem3: 1:33am On Oct 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

The bolded is the other mistake you make.
You (and many Yoruba people here) think that this is about being "good" or "bad".
This is about fundamental difference in mindset and value system.
I have seen y'all mocking the death of innocent children in Biafra many times too.

So, I don't care about being "good". I am different from you.

I DO NOT MOCK THE DEAD AND YOU KNOW THIS ABOUT ME!!!! angry I never mock the dead or sick, It is against my principles even when I was still angry at likes of Nchara and Ezeuche, I would never do such

Now, mocking of the dead was started by Igbos who mocked Awolowo's death by lying on the internet that he commited suicide etc like a poisoned rat angry who says such against another fellow human being

Only for Yaradua to die later and see you people laugh and make fun of his death angry angry this is very wrong

with that said, Our principles are very different as you said and Bello knew this and did not want to be part of this union at the first place.

You see, Being good or not is not the issue, I am trying to explain or point out to you that it has nothing to do with ethnicity

Why would someone go on the street to kill another man just because he is yoruba or he is igbos ?
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:52am On Oct 14, 2011

Now, mocking of the dead was started by Igbos who mocked Awolowo's death by lying on the internet that he commited suicide etc like a poisoned rat

Stop lying my friend.
That is what Igbos say when Yoruba insult Ojukwu and mock the dead children in Biafra. Not the other way round.

Even if they mock dead politicians and thieves, what has that got to do with mocking dead children and pregnant women who never saw politics for one day?
Dude, you just like lying, that's all.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 4:37am On Oct 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

Stop lying my friend.
That is what Igbos say when Yoruba insult Ojukwu and mock the dead children in Biafra. Not the other way round.

Even if they mock dead politicians and thieves, what has that got to do with mocking dead children and pregnant women who never saw politics for one day?
Dude, you just like lying, that's all.

I will award $1,000 to anyone that could correctly define the character, alj_harem. He's still an enigma to me.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 8:43am On Oct 14, 2011
Posted by: Obiagu1

I will award $1,000 to anyone that could correctly define the character, alj_harem. He's still an enigma to me.

LOL. He is actually quite easy to understand. He can be summarized thus: HE IS A CLUELESS DESPERATE ONE NIGERIANIST.

Like other one Nigerianists, he wants the country to stay one even if thousands die every year.
No great nation anywhere in the world kills her own people for dissension. Those who do so are pretenders to the throne; just like Nigeria.
He has not the faintest idea of what needs to happen before Nigeria can be one. A lot of his ilk don't know either.
All they know is that they would kill whoever wants to escape the Nigerian dungeon.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by zeal500: 9:54am On Oct 14, 2011
Abia State is the worst state in Nigeria by all standard
Worst Governor
worst >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by abagoro(m): 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2011
jason123:

Sorry but I hope you do not include Rivers State because all the Yorubas are known.Infact if you go to any compound,they know every Yoruba,Edo,Igbo or Rivers people.Even the Agberos know the Yorubas amongst them.So if anything were to happen,it will be easy to distinguish Yoruba from Edo.They have different accents anyway.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by jason123: 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2011
abagoro:

Sorry but I hope you do not include Rivers State because all the Yorubas are known.Infact if you go to any compound,they know every Yoruba,Edo,Igbo or Rivers people.Even the Agberos know the Yorubas amongst them.So if anything were to happen,it will be easy to distinguish Yoruba from Edo.They have different accents anyway.
Not all Yorubas are the conventional Yorubas you are used to. I repeat, you CANNOT tell the difference between an Akoko Esp man and an Ondo/Ekiti Yoruba. Trust me on this
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by 86olalekan: 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2011
i thank God forn kwara state,the state of harmony.Ekiti state of paper professor na waoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Re: Best And Worst States In Nigeria by painkiller46(m): 8:46am On Mar 26, 2015
Kwara, a totally civil servant state, of all state is healthy, while Ogun; the industrial hub of the country is in dire state. Ridiculously marvelous post. And people still buy this...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode's Son, Aragorn's 1st Birthday Celebration (Photos) / "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha / Clearing 16 Years Of PDP Nonsense Not Easy For APC — Chime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.