Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,656 members, 7,889,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:30 AM

What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? (12987 Views)

10 Countries With The Largest Number Of Christians- Statisense / Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen / Pictures Of Christians Celebrating Easter Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Originalsly: 10:09am On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

I believe God made Sunday for rest and he commanded it.

Is this your belief based on the Bible? If yes ... what was wriiten that made you have this belief? If no ... then your belief has nothing to do with Christianity.

Sunday as the say of rest is not Biblical period.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:09am On Aug 13, 2023
BirtherOfKings:
Look for another job quickly by asking for the help of the Holy Spirit, still keep working but attend church online every Sunday..if u are catholic..u can attend first mass or evening mass

Remember wen I use to work for jumia customer service, started serious prayer to stop Sunday work and got another work after a few months.

U have a Point.πŸ™‚

But by Evening after closing for Work, you are Already tired. undecided

And many Catholic Churches in Nigeria do NOT have evening mass. πŸ€¨πŸ˜•
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by easiest(m): 10:10am On Aug 13, 2023
Na you dey talk say god rest on the seventh day, did he command you to also rest?
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Goldbw122(m): 10:11am On Aug 13, 2023
I just came back from a work, is like a rescue work, If I don't go to the work I will not be doing Gods work, so it is part of Gods work.. God knows why..

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by GanagiBitrus: 10:12am On Aug 13, 2023
Porksupplyib:

Smiles. I hope you know "going to church" isn't the same thing as "serving God"

Going to church is simply having communion with the one another. And sharing God's word to strengthen one another in the faith. It is not serving God.

Serving God is what you do all the days of the week. It is what you do with your life.
Never said or implied that,
Going to Church=Serving God
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Edipet(m): 10:12am On Aug 13, 2023
They are looking for what to eat
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Owochogod: 10:13am On Aug 13, 2023
Church go pay their bills which kind question be this?
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Entanglement: 10:14am On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:
I just wanted to ask this short quick question.
What do you think of Christians who goes to work or open their shops on Sunday?

My personal opinions are;
Except you’re a 7th Day Adventist Christian, a university student (probably needing to attend a tutorial) and a government worker e.g Health workers and Security outfits.

What is your own opinion?
And if I’m wrong, tell me why with scriptural references. Thanks in advance
Sunday is not the 7th day undecided
Sunday is the first day of the week while Saturday is the 7th day of the week.

For your information! God made Saturday for rest instead of Sunday, the Roman Catholic change the day to Sunday hence this.

That's why I always say that catholic church is a demonic church and this is where the anti Christ will emerge from undecided

Imagine how they allow gay marriage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Omoluabi16(m): 10:14am On Aug 13, 2023
Let me add to your exceptions.. except you need that money to sustain yourself then you could stay at home.
Some churches finish their services as early as 8am.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Nornate: 10:15am On Aug 13, 2023
π‘‡β„Žπ‘’ π‘ π‘’π‘£π‘’π‘›π‘‘β„Ž π‘‘π‘Žπ‘¦ π‘€β„Žπ‘–π‘β„Ž 𝑖𝑠 π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘”π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘’π‘‘ π‘Žπ‘  π‘Ž π‘†π‘Žπ‘π‘π‘Žπ‘‘β„Ž π‘‘π‘Žπ‘¦ 𝑖𝑠 π‘Ž π‘ π‘Žπ‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘Žπ‘¦, π‘ π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘Žπ‘¦ 𝑖𝑠 π‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Žπ‘™π‘™π‘¦ 𝑑 𝑖𝑠𝑑 π‘‘π‘Žπ‘¦ π‘œπ‘“ 𝑑 π‘€π‘’π‘’π‘˜. π‘Šπ‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘˜π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘œπ‘› π‘ π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘Žπ‘¦ 𝑖𝑠 π‘›π‘œπ‘‘ π‘Ž 𝑠𝑖𝑛 π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘šπ‘’. 𝐼𝑓 π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘ β„Žπ‘–π‘“π‘‘ π‘“π‘Žπ‘™π‘™π‘  π‘œπ‘› π‘Ž π‘ π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘Žπ‘¦,π‘€β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑒 π‘‘π‘œ?

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Wisejohnson47(m): 10:15am On Aug 13, 2023
Working on Sunday not for me and my house hold
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:16am On Aug 13, 2023
phemmyfour:

Read your Bible OP, Christ is the Lord of the Sabbath . It's not a sin to work on the Sabbath day...

It is and in this scenario no reasonable person can say taking a walk and plucking fruits is a type of work.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Olarewaju89: 10:18am On Aug 13, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
"I watched them pull down the building without allowing me remove any item before the demolition. As a result of the trauma, I lost my one month old pregnancy.

"I also incurred the following loses;

1. cooking utensils 2. Furniture 3.Electric appliances

4. Chillers

5. Deep freezers

6. Bemarrings out door catering utensils

7. Cash, et al worth over #32 million, as the place was abruptly vandalised after the demolition.

"I plan to seek legal redress for defamation of my character and the loss of my properties in the building."

PREMIUM TIMES shared Ms Yakubu's statement with a spokesperson to Mr El-Rufai, Muyiwa Adekeye, requesting a reaction. There was no response as of the time this report was published.

You are out of this trend.
We don't know what you are saying pls

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Porksupplyib: 10:19am On Aug 13, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Never said or implied that,
Going to Church=Serving God

Smiles... Maybe you need to read what you wrote again.

"Christianity is not against going to work on Sundays, so it's not a sin.
But anything that will deprive you time to effectively serve God is a sin."

So what was that above statement implying?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Enculer2: 10:20am On Aug 13, 2023
The black man lazy and shortsighted.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:23am On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

Wrong, Saturday is the day of the rest as it is the 7th day. That is even why.The Lord skipped it and came back (rose up) on the day allowed for work.

Also on the day Hie ascended, He also avoided the Sabbath.

And dont you find it curious that it is on the day that the Sabbath begins (friday evening) that is now the most unholy night?

Do you not see that the world is sealing and guaranteeing it that people must break every Law of God?

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:25am On Aug 13, 2023
Olarewaju89:

You are out of this trend.
We don't know what you are saying pls
Just to create awareness and remind people about the country they call their own. To always be alert on the lookout. Not let down their guard, always be vigilant.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by anthropizzy(m): 10:28am On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

Except you’re a 7th Day Adventist Christian, a university student (probably needing to attend a tutorial) and a government worker e.g Health workers and Security outfits.

There are some post that should not come to the limelight

This is an hogwash post as far as I am concerned.

I dont know why we are docile as act like a puppet when it comes to religion matters.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Olarewaju89: 10:28am On Aug 13, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Just to create awareness and remind people about the country they call their own. To always be alert on the lookout. Not let down their guard, always be vigilant.

OK.

God will take control

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by DAVIDMOE(m): 10:29am On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

A true believer worship God in season and out of season. No body is commanding any Christian to go to church on Sundays. Besides, there's nothing like Sunday in time of Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by onlyboyson(m): 10:31am On Aug 13, 2023
They are going to make heaven
Country hard
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Uchesis: 10:32am On Aug 13, 2023
The way country be now, you need to work everyday and even twice on sundays to survive. Church wont feed you and your family ooo

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Blitzking: 10:33am On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

If I see a good deal on Sunday...oboi I dey step out oo no think am
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by phemmyfour: 10:33am On Aug 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

It is and in this scenario no reasonable person can say taking a walk and plucking fruits is a type of work.
Read further. Christ gave more examples
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:34am On Aug 13, 2023
Uchesis:
The way country be now, you need to work everyday and even twice on sundays to survive. Church wont feed you and your family ooo

Which is automatica proof that a person does not have God!
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by lomprico(m): 10:35am On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

See how you are displaing your ignorance on the world wide web.
I won't say much, go and do your research before coming here to embarrass yourself
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by PrinceGallant: 10:35am On Aug 13, 2023
Sabbath is Saturday, Christians miss the road.

God is not like a human being, He does not become weak let alone that He takes some time to rest. And even the Biblical verse that says He did, it was Saturday. Sunday is the first day of a week, and it ought to have been first of working days instead of Monday but because the modernists have turned things upside down, Sunday is now Sabbath

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:36am On Aug 13, 2023
phemmyfour:
Read further. Christ gave more examples

Please refer me. I did not see any the last time I read it
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by phemmyfour: 10:37am On Aug 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Please refer me. I did not see any the last time I read it
vs 11

Which one of you who has a sheep, if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not take hold of it and lift it out?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:40am On Aug 13, 2023
phemmyfour:
vs 11

Which one of you who has a sheep, if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not take hold of it and lift it out?

Thanks. I saw this and this cannot be reasonably classified as work either.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Uchesis: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Which is automatica proof that a person does not have God!
Even if the person has God, it doesn't mean God will throw money down from heaven for him because he didn't work on a sunday. Allow people that want to work on sunday to work.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by jayAjoku(m): 10:43am On Aug 13, 2023
why don’t you just mind your business Wetin concern you with another person life ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? / Why Is Pope Francis Displaying Satan's Horns??? / I Am Paying My #20,000 Tithe To Nairalanders Instead Of Jehovah

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.