Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,656 members, 7,889,148 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:27 AM

What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? (12986 Views)

10 Countries With The Largest Number Of Christians- Statisense / Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen / Pictures Of Christians Celebrating Easter Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by BirtherOfKings(f): 1:53pm On Aug 13, 2023
frankson1:

I'm not talking about rich people here but people who are called out for work or their job demand them to be at their offices on Sundays. I also have and worked with top Bosses who have been called for work on Sundays. This doesn't make them evil, neither is it a criteria for being saved. I've met Pastors and church Elders in locations on Sundays and it doesn't change anything.

Large majority of Christians are a very RELIGIOUS people and this doesn't lead to the type of transformation you mentioned.

A typical RELIGIOUS person is blind to the real truth about God. So know the difference between serving God and following RELIGION.

Again, we should also focus on Mid-week services and other church programs too and not just Sundays only.

WICKED PEOPLE STILL FULL CHURCH and I'm not saying I'm a saint!!!

Am glad u said u are not a saint..pls note: church is a school were from the pastor to the first timer are there to be transformed so yes, the so called wicked people are invited. Stop looking for perfect people dere unless u will be sorely disappointed. Some will.need more.learning even though they have been there for years..be very careful with your judgemental attitude and utterances towards christians.. Jesus Christ is merciful but won't take nonsense when u talk Abt his bride
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by formular2002(m): 1:55pm On Aug 13, 2023
It's an African mentality. Out there in developed world, you work hard any day any time and when it's time to take holiday, you enjoy it to the fullest.
So for me, Sunday is a day for the Lord if your job permits it.
If your job requires you to be present, please do well to go.
Worshipping God should be every day
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by chiboycue: 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:
I just wanted to ask this short quick question.
What do you think of Christians who goes to work or open their shops on Sunday?

My personal opinions are;
Except you’re a 7th Day Adventist Christian, a university student (probably needing to attend a tutorial) and a government worker e.g Health workers and Security outfits.
I believe God made Sunday for rest and he commanded it.

What is your own opinion?
And if I’m wrong, tell me why with scriptural references. Thanks in advance

Some christians may attend church services in the morning and afterwards open the shop later in day on that Sunday inorder to earn a living later since they have a family that depends on them.

Some Christians may not have any cash at hand and so they are anticipating that when they open their shop on Sunday, they would be able to make sales and have cash at hand

Some christians that work in hospital, police, paramilitary, fire service etc. may be compelled to work on Sundays. In that case they have no choice but to go to work on Sundays.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Forlardara(m): 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
Is God Himself not still working on Sunday? If He didn't wake us up this morning, wouldn't you and I be dead by now? Sabbath day was even on Saturday according to the Mosaic law not Sunday.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by themanderon: 2:15pm On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

Except you’re a 7th Day Adventist Christian, a university student (probably needing to attend a tutorial) and a government worker e.g Health workers and Security outfits.

Sunday was not originally the Sabbath day. It was a day dedicated to the sun god hence the name Sunday.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by SaLongs1(m): 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

That sentiment is outdated in this perilous economic downtimes.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Livingshadow: 3:00pm On Aug 13, 2023
The Creator God commands all mankind to work in six days and worship Him on the seventh day ( Saturday) Exodus 20:8-11. Sunday is the first day of the week (Matthew 28:1). So working on the first day of the week (Sunday) is not a sin but is in fact obeying God's command.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by soarhey(m): 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
Will provide an indirect answer to this question.

Do visit eatries on Sundays after church? Is it robots that attend to you.

Do you take buses to Church on Sundays? Is it robots that drive.

Do people visit Hospital on Sundays?

Do people go to malls on Sundays?
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by frankson1(m): 3:20pm On Aug 13, 2023
BirtherOfKings:

Am glad u said u are not a saint..pls note: church is a school were from the pastor to the first timer are there to be transformed so yes, the so called wicked people are invited. Stop looking for perfect people dere unless u will be sorely disappointed. Some will.need more.learning even though they have been there for years..be very careful with your judgemental attitude and utterances towards christians.. Jesus Christ is merciful but won't take nonsense when u talk Abt his bride

You've moved from the main course of discussion.

You're a very RELIGIOUS person and I understand your anger and threatening. You need to know the truth, have personal relationship with Christ and not only live by what your Pastors say, so you can have real knowledge about Christ.

Do enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by lovemaths(f): 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2023
I work in a transport company, so I work on Sundays.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by fineberry(m): 3:44pm On Aug 13, 2023
Eyah....man must survive. A country that has all it takes to be one of the best in the world, it citizens are suffering l.
Vinnie2000:

Dat was 9 years ago.

Na ASUU strike carry me go do the Job. sad

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Lakelly(m): 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2023
Well I believe a lot had been said in responding to your question,but what about a Christian who had gone round looking for job ,but at the end got a job in an organization owned by a teblic Muslim,who also mandated all staff to endeavour to be at work through out the week,since it was incorporated as part of his house style while setting up his firm,and as the situation of the country is,you need feed your family and job is paramount to pay your bills ,so are you going to opt out of the job as a Christian to keep on job hunting or keep with the company's rule pending when you get a better one that will create the opportunity to give room for church service
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by TheGift: 4:29pm On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

First of all, how do you know it was on a Sunday that God rested?

Secondly where did God command that Christians should rest on Sunday?

The closest thing to such a command was given to the Jews, and it was for them to Obey the sabbath. And the Sabbath was on Saturday not on Sunday.

Early christians were still observing the Sabbath on Saturday, until the Roman emperor, Constantine and the Catholic Church made Sunday the day of Worship at the Council of Nicea. Note , Christianity in Rome under constantine was tolerant of and mixed with some pagan practices.

But believers are not bound by the Law to worship on any specific days, because wherever (whether in a church building or in your kitchen) two or three are gathered (And whenever they are gathered, not only on Sundays) He is there in their midst. Believers gathering to fellowship on any day of the week is not any different from coming together on Sunday, as long as our worship is sincere. We are no longer under the Law but under grace. Don't judge people who go to work on Sundays especially when you dont know their worship life at other times of the day or week.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by prepresh(f): 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2023
For me, I think the most important thing is to attend service or mass on Sunday, whatever you do next is your choice. How many people truly rest on Sundays? Or is going to work the only form of work? Some people wash clothes, other do home cleaning, some make their hair while some party or visit friends, to me all these are also work.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by drololaaof: 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2023
wittywriter:
Waiting for comments....lolz

My own question is do Christian Religion members watch BigBrother9ja on Sundays? If you are not kindly ignore.

Wittyness
Good question .
We are not Jews, the person that post this thread are in the group of the so called ministers of God that waste the whole in the church but underneath their hand and heart are not clean
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by emmykk(m): 5:03pm On Aug 13, 2023
EDOSBROWN:
Hardworking, nothing else
If u eat on Sunday, I see nothing wrong in working on Sunday

Bro this your clap back carry weight
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Odefy(m): 6:00pm On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

What do you think of Christians that eat on Sundays??
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by shogotermies(m): 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2023
phemmyfour:

Read your Bible OP, Christ is the Lord of the Sabbath . It's not a sin to work on the Sabbath day

Mt 12:2-8

2 When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, “Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath.”

3He answered, “Haven’t you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5Or haven’t you read in the Law that the priests on Sabbath duty in the temple desecrate the Sabbath and yet are innocent? 6I tell you that something greater than the temple is here. 7If you had known what these words mean, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice,’ a you would not have condemned the innocent. 8 For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

Don’t quote me wrong.
I didn’t say it is a sim.
I’m saying just like bible, I believe it is not bad to also rest on Sunday just like the Bible has commanded.
And I also mentioned you can show me scriptural references if I’m wrong to rest on sundays.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by shogotermies(m): 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2023
AmotekunSW:

You news scriptural backing to work on Sunday, abi?
Don't worry. It seems your parents are still feeding you.

Don’t quote me wrong.
I didn’t say it is a sin.
I’m saying just like bible, I believe it is not bad to also rest on Sunday just like the Bible has commanded.
And I also mentioned you can show me scriptural references if I’m wrong to rest on sundays.
I’m an orphan so watch how you talk
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by phemmyfour: 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

Don’t quote me wrong.
I didn’t say it is a sim.
Every wrongdoing is a sin

2. It is called Sabbath day not rest day
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by shogotermies(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2023
lomprico:

See how you are displaing your ignorance on the world wide web.
I won't say much, go and do your research before coming here to embarrass yourself

I asked a question and also asked you give me your thoughts.
Stop being ignorant and respond properly
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by lomprico(m): 6:24pm On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

I asked a question and also asked you give me your thoughts.
Stop being ignorant and respond properly

Give you my thoughts on something that is not even correct?
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by shogotermies(m): 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2023
pepericozi:

Are you saying that Christians should not eat on Sunday.

Is it only Christians that should rest on Sunday.

What day of the week was asigned for Muslim to rest.

Foolish question

You need understanding and I can’t waste my time on you
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by shogotermies(m): 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2023
lomprico:

Give you my thoughts on something that is not even correct?

If you know what is wrong and correct, give the right answers then.
You’re the intelligent one.
Show it
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by sunsweet33: 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2023
I prefer to work Sundays abeg…I don’t like that slowed-down atmosphere that Sundays have so I prefer to keep busy.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Komo4JESUS(m): 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2023
Working on Sunday is totally wrong as a christian,most especially self employed because the Bible made it clear and I quote, "Remember the SABBATH DAY and keep it HOLY"..but in a case u work for a company/ someone employed u and he/she refused to grant u off every Sunday then u don't have choice than to be working on Sundays for ur survival..so don't be deceived
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Gratefullheart: 8:34pm On Aug 13, 2023
Some Christian's are religion fanatics.... forgetting that there pastors own business ventures where people work on Sunday.....this ignorance gone on rampage Among Christians....
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Imun(m): 8:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
When Jesus Christ rested on the 7th day, what kind of rest did he rest?

Was he physically tired because we know God can never get tired.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by asiga(m): 3:04am On Aug 14, 2023
When you leave in a city where bills fall on you every minute, nobody will tell you when you will change this your rest mentality..
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Kemiawo2004(f): 7:58am On Aug 14, 2023
Most private firm especially one man business has no respect for Sunday or Friday in honour of any religious worship day, all they are after is to make money and use man power to service
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Mrpojj(m): 8:30am On Aug 14, 2023
shogotermies:

Do you watch tv on Sunday?
Do you hangout on Sunday?
Do you call customer care on Sunday?
If you do all this, there are people who make it possible for you to do so, and some of them are christians....
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Amacaco: 8:48am On Aug 14, 2023
Observance or non- observance of Sunday or Saturday or any other day as holy days do not matter in Christianity. Allow the Holy Spirit to guide you in line with the scripture on how best to live for Christ daily. According to the book of Romans, "One person thinks that one day is more important than another. And someone else thinks that every day is the same. Each one should be sure in his own mind. The person who thinks one day is more important than other days is doing that for the Lord. And the one who eats all kinds of food is doing that for the Lord. Yes, he gives thanks to God for that food. And the man who refuses to eat some foods does that for the Lord, and he gives thanks to God. If we live, we are living for the Lord. And if we die, we are dying for the Lord. So living or dying, we belong to the Lord".
Romans 14:5‭-‬6‭, ‬8 ICB
https://bible.com/bible/1359/rom.14.5-8.ICB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? / Why Is Pope Francis Displaying Satan's Horns??? / I Am Paying My #20,000 Tithe To Nairalanders Instead Of Jehovah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.