Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,089 members, 7,880,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:40 PM

Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s (27200 Views)

N20,000 Tradermoni Tears Adamawa Couple Apart As Husband Drags Wife To Court / Man Changes His Surname To His Mother’s Name / My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by Emmanuel909090: 10:06am On Aug 13, 2023
Very useless woman, a woman like this can never respect her husband. It's obvious where the problem is coming from.

Oga leave her and the kids for whoever she wants to be with, because non of those kid s will be buried with you when you die.

Just be happy make money and more money enjoy your life.
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by tctrills: 10:20am On Aug 13, 2023
talented321:
I am not in support of what the father did.
So because life didn't favour ur father' and the best thing to do is to abandon him' are those children aware they will be fathers and mothers tomorrow.
I don't like their step
It is their choice. If the don't have any attachment to their father or his name, then it's ok. Also, in Igbo culture, if a man has not paid his bride's price, the children will belong to the family of the woman. If it is true that the man hasn't paid bride price after 23 years, then what is he fighting for? It seems that he has money to hire lawyers but not to do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by talented321: 10:26am On Aug 13, 2023
It is not accept in igbo but it is accepted in yoruba' so who will now obey who? And u expect the man to obey the woman's tribe and forget his own tribe'
Una just dey play for this country.
tctrills:

It is their choice. If the don't have any attachment to their father or his name, then it's ok. Also, in Igbo culture, if a man has not paid his bride's price, the children will belong to the family of the woman. If it is true that the man hasn't paid bride price after 23 years, then what is he fighting for? It seems that he has money to hire lawyers but not to do the needful.
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by yeslollipop(f): 10:53am On Aug 13, 2023
I know someone who had to settle down with his Igbo wife this way otherwise he could lay no claim to the child. And he knows how to speak grammar and quote law up and down, but when the matter choke, nobody told him to go and do marital rites.

The Mr. Obayan could have married her all the years but chose not to. Maybe he felt no man would want her after 4 children.

That is to say, Mr. Obayan has been reduced from a baby daddy to a sperm donor. Eeyyyaaahh!

Men, before you brag about not wanting marriage and having several baby mamas, ensure you do diligent investigation otherwise you are just a breeding ground for another man who would come sweep off your kids.

2 Likes

Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by makaveli902: 10:56am On Aug 13, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:
No wonder there seems to be many bastard children in Igbo land.

Just mention his name abi you dey dear..
SIMON EKPA!! angry angry angry
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by Daniety(m): 11:01am On Aug 13, 2023
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by Mhizzard(m): 11:11am On Aug 13, 2023
Stupidity
am dam sure,it was advise she collected from her friends,how can you stoop so low of your brain and carry out that nonsence act..no matter what the man might did to you or the children,it doesn't guaratee u to change their father's name.. No matter the circumstance that may attach to the seperation the children would later ask or looking for their father,it is natural..
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by KIDfurniture(m): 11:21am On Aug 13, 2023
If I have more than 2 kids then the 3rd will be from another woman..you sweetest wife today can turn ur worst enemy after 1/2 decades

ijustdey:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/man-drags-wife-to-court-for-changing-childrens-surname-to-lovers/
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by codemaniacs: 11:35am On Aug 13, 2023
frozen70:

They bear any name given to them by their mum without a surname or their mums surname because they are mainly for adoption

So whoever adopts them in a legal way, gives them their surname
MrDoGood:

That's a different thing entirely.

The kids go into adoption and answer the family name that adopted them.

It's a different thing

see how you defended criminality shocked shocked shocked

I said baby factories because a baby factory is illegal..

A baby factory is not a legal orphanage or foster home.

but you defended shocked shocked
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by tctrills: 11:35am On Aug 13, 2023
talented321:
It is not accept in igbo but it is accepted in yoruba' so who will now obey who? And u expect the man to obey the woman's tribe and forget his own tribe'
Una just dey play for this country.
As you can see, most of the kids are above 18 and old enough to make a choice. It's Clear that na their papa dey play. There are repercussions for being a deadbeat dad. the moral of this story: As a man take responsibility. Your children would not respect and honor your name if you never gave them a reason to.

2 Likes

Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by codemaniacs: 11:37am On Aug 13, 2023
greggng:

It baffles me how you people sit down in the comfort of your home to assume things that are not right . I am not the type that would like to come to a forum like this to drop this kind of sensitive info knowing fully well the implication. I even dropped this info cos my ex died last year ...she died while having birth to a baby for her new husband . I was told they induced the labour ...is jefocal terms. May her soul rest in peace... if she is still alive I won't come here to drop this info cos is kinda sensitive . For some of you still doubting...This case is documented at festac passport office...I have no reason to come and lie here ..Everything I stated is 100 percent true . If you don't believe my story is your business not my business.. check my profile ...I have a name to.protect ...I don't concoct story to entertain people ...some of my ex people are reading this now ...my moniker has remained unchanged for more than 10years I have been a member here ...I only posted this to support what the op said ...his story has some similarity like mine .

if your story is true then your case is not similar and you even revealing her death is even worse because If you had agreed and approved that she could travel with the children then she would have had access to better health care abroad and would probably still be alive.

1 Like

Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by sharone21(f): 11:44am On Aug 13, 2023
sylve11:

Remove SS. undecided cool

I'm from SS
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2023
tishbite42:

He was doing well but didn't deem it fit to officially wife a woman who birth four children for him?
Let's be objective and real.
The woman's story is more coherent. And, three of the children are above 18, born and bred in Yorubaland so they should no better.
I feel for the man though.
You have a point there.
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by talented321: 11:49am On Aug 13, 2023
No wahala
tctrills:

As you can see, most of the kids are above 18 and old enough to make a choice. It's Clear that na their papa dey play. There are repercussions for being a deadbeat dad. the moral of this story: As a man take responsibility. Your children would not respect and honor your name if you never gave them a reason to.
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by Ekugbeh(m): 12:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:
you can't just come all the way from God-knows-where, and get someone's daughter pregnant, without performing some marital rites and expect the baby to be handed to you.

You may try that with some woke Igbo families and succeed, but don't ever try that with Igbotic families, especially from Anambra or Abia States, else, you'll have yourself to blame.
😂 the law doesn't recognize any Anambra or Abia tradition, or wether you are Igbotic
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by Ekugbeh(m): 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2023
Mindlog:

How you reason is so inconsequential to me.

😂 yours is consequential to me cos it makes me think you are s!ck
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by Mindlog: 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2023
Ekugbeh:
😂 yours is consequential to me cos it makes me think you are s!ck

The psychiatric patients I work with, also think the same as you do. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by sylve11: 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2023
sharone21:

I'm from SS

Which part of SS? cool
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by MrDoGood(m): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2023
sylve11:

She is a "she" cool

Oh, my bad.

I'm sorry
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by Mindlog: 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2023
JuanDeDios:

Which gives a woman the right to take a man's children and give them to whoever she likes. Wonderful.

A man's children you said, not her husband's children,

Don't be a baby daddy to just any woman that catches your fancy! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by MrDoGood(m): 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2023
Mindlog:

I guess the Adelekes couldn't afford a lawyer, who could have explained better to them. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Stop playing.

Flavour that's from the east has how many eastern baby mamas?

Tell me he must marry both so they don't claim his child
Lol

That rubbish can only work when the supposed father is voiceless or lacks the capacity.

Should I list a few others? You can check your neighborhood also.

I am married to an Igbo lady. I'm not against their tradition. But I'm telling you from my observation that they're sending such message so you come marry their daughter. It's difficult for someone to marry a baby mama.

Hope you get it now.

2 Likes

Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by MrDoGood(m): 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2023
codemaniacs:

So what is the surname of children born in baby factories?

How does the law handle them?

Anyway this news only shows and proves that Yoruba governors, Yoruba senators, Yoruba judges and Yoruba people in the legal system of the SW don't take their traditional laws seriously..

Things like are supposed to be subject only to traditions and culture of the place where the children were born not where the wife comes from.

That's a different thing entirely.

The kids go into adoption and answer the family name that adopted them.

It's a different thing
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by abidem4real: 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2023
ijustdey:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/man-drags-wife-to-court-for-changing-childrens-surname-to-lovers/
He didn’t pay my dowry. So, I finally found a man to marry me and my new love wants my children to bear his name instead of that of their irresponsible father.
That☝️ clearly justifies the "fish brain" appellation of that satanic gender called women. They are just absolutely senseless particularly when it involves money and dick.
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by SuccessfulRichi: 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2023
You must be a deadbeat dad. No pity for you!! Death to all the deadbeat parents.
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by zoghys: 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2023
Armaggedon:
The children never belonged to him and Infact, there was no marriage.

So if there is no marriage does that mean the children doesn't belong to the man. That not only preposterous but defile logic, and not even recognize by the Nigerian constitution. Why will a right thinking man take over the lives of another man's children, just because he's married to their mum, that's BS.
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by dipopooo(m): 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2023
JDJDjD:

telling ur tribe man to go and pay bride price
for a whole 23yrs
haba
What has she been doing for the past 23yrs?
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by dipopooo(m): 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2023
BLoomfrancs:

Shut up there. Mumu.

Counter my argument don't insult me... Or else I will send u home
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by greggng: 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2023
codemaniacs:

if your story is true then your case is not similar and you even revealing her death is even worse because If you had agreed and approved that she could travel with the children then she would have had access to better health care abroad and would probably still be alive.
some

You didn't understand my story .. she remarried while coming to me for reconciliation but I didn't know..it was after the passport issue that I decided that I xen only proceed when I am ready not following her to do her plan of allowing her take a passport for my son under another man's name ... are you saying I should be taking care of another man's wife cos she was my ex ? She wasn't sick ...I was told she died while giving birth for the new man .. I don't know what role you would ve want me to play in the life of a woman that wanna trick me by obtaining my consent to get another man adopt my son . Read carefully everything happened in Nigeria...we are not abroad.....if not for the immigration I wouldn't have know she start such process cos we separated and every one goes there way ...we talk only when it comes to our child welfare . ..we only had one child together not children
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by comodo: 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2023
talented321:
Some women IQ is very low' and the new husband is another unserious man' he can't tell his glueless wife that such thing can not happen.
And the children i don't know how to describe them.
This nonsense will not even attempt to happen in my tribe' who pride price epp' for my children i have fed for more than 20years.
In igbo land it is not accepted but in yoruba land it is accept' how do we do about that? who will now obey who?'
Some people just dey play for this country''
In other words, you can just keep a woman, give her belle. She born pikin for you. That's all. You no do anything to show she is part of you. No commitment. Neither trad, court, even church or mosque wedding. That one go sweet oh.

1 Like

Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by talented321: 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2023
What did she show that she is part of him' so the man is iron and don't have feelings? So the man don't deserve anything'
Some people pay pride price because they were forced' the question is did man forced her for the marriage? So goes into marriage because of her own benefits so let's stop being biased and tell truth about our fore father's mistakes.
comodo:

In other words, you can just keep a woman, give her belle. She born pikin for you. That's all. You no do anything to show she is part of you. No commitment. Neither trad, court, even church or mosque wedding. That one go sweet oh.
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by MrDoGood(m): 2:25pm On Aug 13, 2023
codemaniacs:

I'm talking about orphanage. You don't go to a baby factory to adopt kids.

What the hell is even a baby factory?
Do your government and traditional rulers in Yoruba state recognize baby factories?

Go read the quest you asked again. And I quoted by saying that's a different thing entirely.

Then I went further to address the one you drew my attention stating your government and traditional rulers are supposed to enforce laws like that of the east. Maybe I got your question wrongly. Or you didn't put it right
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by MrDoGood(m): 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2023
codemaniacs:

Can you see the discussion?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Advice : I Care For My Wife But Love Another Woman / Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family / French Woman Offers Breast-feeding Service To Gay Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.