Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,938 members, 7,873,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:46 AM

Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s (27154 Views)

N20,000 Tradermoni Tears Adamawa Couple Apart As Husband Drags Wife To Court / Man Changes His Surname To His Mother’s Name / My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by NovusHomo(m): 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
harveygordon:

You can simply say everyone should live within their respective regions to avoid such. Right?

Your interpretation is yours, and yours alone. If you would marry into a culture that is so mercantile that it denies a father the paternity of his children because of failure to pay an exploitative "bride price" (ransom, slavery, human trafficking, come to mind), good luck to you.
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by tctrills: 1:35pm On Aug 15, 2023
Dreament:
using religion instead of culture was a mistake. Even before now I already know this is part of Igbo culture. But, I never knew they are still following it up in this 21st century. Nowhere they practice such culture in South south. Edo which is my state, nothing of such. Delta no, Calabar no, bayelsa no, porthacourt no, e.t.c. Igbo is south east Not South south. Narrow it to where you fall in. Is you that need the education more. All states in your region practice it. and u can not even name a single state talkless of tribe that practice such in South south. Moreover you said, nothin. g like South south, this shows how myopic you are.

You are really myopic. Please just Google the states with Igbo population and you will see Delta and Rivers. Please learn to do some research before posting. You don't want people thinking you are Ignorant.
Please go to the links below and educate yourself
https://www.pulse.ng/lifestyle/food-travel/meet-5-major-tribes-in-delta-state/vp4et36

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_indigenous_peoples_of_Rivers_State

Finally, what is wrong with the culture? The culture only makes men to be more responsible.

1 Like

Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by Dreament(m): 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
tctrills:

You are really myopic. Please just Google the states with Igbo population and you will see Delta and Rivers. Please learn to do some research before posting. You don't want people thinking you are Ignorant.
Please go to the links below and educate yourself
https://www.pulse.ng/lifestyle/food-travel/meet-5-major-tribes-in-delta-state/vp4et36

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_indigenous_peoples_of_Rivers_State

Finally, what is wrong with the culture? The culture only makes men to be more responsible.

go ahead and claim the Igbo pupolation. No wonder wike chased u guys with everything. We are talking about geopolitical zones you are here saying Igbo population. Go and claim Delta State na as part of south east since it is part of Igbo population. Mind you even Agbor in Delta which we do refer to Delta Igbo don't practice such. Everything is wrong with the culture because, the culture would have lay more emphasis on the consiquence of a woman opening her leg for a man she is not married to. You can't compare sexual control of a woman to that of a man.
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by tctrills: 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
Dreament:
go ahead and claim the Igbo pupolation. No wonder wike chased u guys with everything. We are talking about geopolitical zones you are here saying Igbo population. Go and claim Delta State na as part of south east since it is part of Igbo population. Mind you even Agbor in Delta which we do refer to Delta Igbo don't practice such. Everything is wrong with the culture because, the culture would have lay more emphasis on the consiquence of a woman opening her leg for a man she is not married to. You can't compare sexual control of a woman to that of a man.
Now you are talking like a child. The links I sent you are not Igbo site. You should have read and educated yourself. We learn new things every day and we all should be open to more knowledge.
No one said Delta state is part of the SE. All I am telling you is that there are over 40 tribes in the SS and Igbo is one of them. Please do some reading then before replying this post. Don't be lazy.
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by Dreament(m): 4:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
tctrills:

Now you are talking like a child. The links I sent you are not Igbo site. You should have read and educated yourself. We learn new things every day and we all should be open to more knowledge.
No one said Delta state is part of the SE. All I am telling you is that there are over 40 tribes in the SS and Igbo is one of them. Please do some reading then before replying this post. Don't be lazy.
how does the link you posted relates to the topic been discuss. Refer me to were it was stated a man can not father his children until he pay the woman bride price. More over I said south east, which are the 5 states that made up of Igbo land. I said they all practice this particular culture. Why are you confusing yourself by saying Igbo population this and that. Tell me the particular tribe that practice such in Delta State, porthacourt, cross river e.t.c
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by tctrills: 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
Dreament:
how does the link you posted relates to the topic been discuss. Refer me to were it was stated a man can not father his children until he pay the woman bride price. More over I said south east, which are the 5 states that made up of Igbo land. I said they all practice this particular culture. Why are you confusing yourself by saying Igbo population this and that. Tell me the particular tribe that practice such in Delta State, porthacourt, cross river e.t.c
The links were to educate you. You clearly did not know that there are Igbos from the SS.
Now the culture is actually a very good one. The Igbos want men to be responsible. They do not want baby daddies. You have to marry a woman before you have kids with her. That's the Igbo culture. When you fail to do so, you don't have claims to those kids. Tell me why anyone should have a problem with this culture?
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by harveygordon: 1:25am On Aug 17, 2023
Zupay:

No, you can live anywhere in the world but be conscious of the religion and traditions of anyone you want to be romantically involved with.

It is like getting married to an Idoma woman of Benue state who after death must be returned to her father's house to be buried and the husband insisting the late wife must be buried where he chooses.

This scenario you painted is not comparable. Their daughter their choice. Now, my child my choice.

The law of Nigeria supersedes in this case. Another instance, if I impregnate an Igbo girl in America or UK would her father insist that I pay her bride price? The lady and her father will both be sued to infinity.

You all sound as if an Igbo girl has never been impregnated outside whilst the resulting child still bears the name of his/her father.
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by harveygordon: 1:28am On Aug 17, 2023
NovusHomo:

Your interpretation is yours, and yours alone. If you would marry into a culture that is so mercantile that it denies a father the paternity of his children because of failure to pay an exploitative "bride price" (ransom, slavery, human trafficking, come to mind), good luck to you.

Why use the word "marry"? If I'm married to someone it means I've done what is needed. But impregnating outside marriage is a different thing.

The law of Nigeria supersedes. An instance, if I impregnate an Igbo girl in America or UK would her father insist that I pay her bride price? The lady and her father will both be sued to infinity.

You all sound as if an Igbo girl has never been impregnated outside whilst the resulting child still bears the name of his/her father.

1 Like

Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by sharone21(f): 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
Dreament:

Oga, all that side practise it including AkwaCross.... Most times it ends at the child bearing her own family's name. What complicated this issue was their living together ( pretentiously) like a couple.....If the man married her legally, the English law would have been applied.

There was a case where a lady dragged a man to be responsible for child support for her. The man clearly didn't want to.... At last, the girl was told to bring a representative of her family and the Judge ruled, after crosschecking all applicable laws especially from where she came from and ruled finally that her DAD should be responsible for her and her child's upkeep. What this means invariably is that, when such a thing happens with no contracted marriage, the child belongs to her family or whoever legally ( which may extend to the spouse who legally married the woman with child)takes care of that child.

He wanted to cheat the system since NO CLEAR Civil Partnership law in Nigeria, so to be called a bonafide inlaw, the girl's own traditional law( NOT Civil law, since no legal marriage) will play more here.

I'm from SS and telling you fact.... Even, Cameroonians practices it but Igbos are louder on this.

Anyone who so chooses to impregnate a lady abroad will face whatever law there is on Civil Partnership and pay Child Support, no one can run away from the Laws of the land whether English or Traditional laws, so be law abiding.
Re: Man Drags Wife To Court For Changing Children’s Surname To Lover’s by BlissGod: 6:34pm On Sep 05, 2023
Dreament:
you need to examine ur brain before spiting trash. Why judging when you don't know the full story. The man in question is not against her marrying another man. Is this how useless ur igbo culture is in this 21st century. No matter how useless the man is, the children need to follow their paternal lineage. What if the woman recent husband is not an Igbo man do you think his kins men will accept them as their children. They will be treated like an outcast. You think those people looking for their roots on net are fools
Will you shut up your mouth

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Nairaland Baby Is 5. Hurray!! Wish Me Well, dear Uncles And Aunties!! / 10-Year-Old Sayyid Rejected By His Parents In Kano Is Stranded

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.